Paulding.com

JK Rogers' Assessment of State Senate Runoff

JK had a lot to say about this race. Below is a condensed version of his Facebook Statement on August 15, 2012 (my emphasis supplied):

“Some people have asked me how I feel about the State Senate District 31 race. I have known Senator Heath for several years... I met with Senator Heath briefly on Saturday and met with Bill Carruth yesterday. I have friends on both sides of this race, so, I felt like the best thing for me to do is just put the facts out there, help inform the people and let them make their best decision on who to choose. That is until tonight. When I came home I received yet another set of mail outs. This set accused Carruth of being a supporter of President Obama... I was on the sideline until now. What this mailout does is take the remotest of truths and spins it to where it looks like a solid fact...Why does a Senator have to resort to this type of behavior? I don't know, but, this is very disappointing and it has really turned me off to Senator Heath...I have seen the same tactic over and over again.. the likelihood of a former candidate that ran against him a few years ago, opening sex shoppes in Dallas is like President Bush doing so. If this is Senator Heaths idea of honest and ethical I disagree and I really wonder if political power has confused his judgment. This is not the man that I met years ago... This is wrong. If you think another candidate has done something wrong put it out there in a factual manner, not a distorted way....To my friends that may get mad I am sorry, but, I had to say something. This is just not accurate.

Your friend,

JK Rogers”

Yep. Outside politics few people would care to associate with someone who will say or do anything to get what they want...not sure why we put up with it from the people who claim to be seeking public office to serve their constituents and whose salaries we pay.

So many claim to want term limits, you'd think we could get rid of some of those who have spent so many years in office yet done so little for their constituents during their time there. Not sure if it's a lack of confidence in the field of candidates seeking to unseat them, straight party-line voters or the number of people who vote based on nothing more than name recognition that return even the most blatantly unethical incumbents to office time and time again, but there's a disconnect somewhere between what people say they want and the choices they make come election time.

• Like 2

The problem is with the dumb masses. Pcommers are pretty well informed but there are so many people that base their vote on something as ignorant as whether the candidate has an (I) by their name.

The people in Polk County need to have this info. The way I see it the people in Haralson know Heath and will vote against him. The people in Paulding know Carruth and will vote against him. The people in Polk might not know either and it will be a toss up.

well, now wait a minute here...where's all those people that said JK Rogers was a Heath master plan to get elected in a run-off? say it ain't so! you mean Rogers was actually a stand-up guy (probably the only one in the race)? You mean he was really trying to win? naaaah, I ain't buying it...this is just another piece of the Heath master plan, he's now trying reverse psychology.

well, now wait a minute here...where's all those people that said JK Rogers was a Heath master plan to get elected in a run-off? say it ain't so! you mean Rogers was actually a stand-up guy (probably the only one in the race)? You mean he was really trying to win? naaaah, I ain't buying it...this is just another piece of the Heath master plan, he's now trying reverse psychology.

I don't know JK, but I can tell you that he was the best man in the race. But to be fair, the only way to get a man worse than the two we have would to somehow get Charles Manson qualified.

• Like 2

Politics makes people say the dumbest things and people hear what they want to hear. There is nothing more nasty than politics and it stains people at their core. Brains go into neutral when it comes to getting their candidate elected. Just look at the idiots that carried Paulding the in the primary. We're all doomed.

The way it worked out, Heath did his best in Paulding and still didn't half the vote. I has been thrown into a runoff whereas, all things considered, without JK in the race, I think Carruth would have won a squeaker.

I said during the campaign that I didn't necessarily think that JK made a 'deal' ... although if you think of him as a really smart guy, he should have. Instead I think he was maneuvered into running by those who did support Heath and, as JK stated in his full comment on facebook, some of those folks kind of abandoned him once the race was on.

In any case, if nothing else, the current statement proves to me that JK was not complicit in a 'deal' with Bill Heath and I apologize for an aspersions to that narrative. It is obvious to me that Mr. Rogers approach to the campaign, including his $1.00 maximum campaign contribution plan, was if nothing else a sincere effort.

Oh, and next time, JK, make the limit $100.00 and insist on reporting every contribution of a $0.25 or more. No matter how honestly you run your campaign, it still runs on money.

Thanks for clarifying your position and I apologize for misjudging your motives but as an investigator, you know not every case based on circumstantial evidence reflects the whole truth ... and that means some who are innocent are convicted none the less.

pubby

Politics makes people say the dumbest things and people hear what they want to hear. There is nothing more nasty than politics and it stains people at their core. Brains go into neutral when it comes to getting their candidate elected. Just look at the idiots that carried Paulding the in the primary. We're all doomed.

We have survived four years of the Historical President. I'm sure we can survive ANYTHING that comes out of Paulding.

The way it worked out, Heath did his best in Paulding and still didn't half the vote. I has been thrown into a runoff whereas, all things considered, without JK in the race, I think Carruth would have won a squeaker.

I said during the campaign that I didn't necessarily think that JK made a 'deal' ... although if you think of him as a really smart guy, he should have. Instead I think he was maneuvered into running by those who did support Heath and, as JK stated in his full comment on facebook, some of those folks kind of abandoned him once the race was on.

In any case, if nothing else, the current statement proves to me that JK was not complicit in a 'deal' with Bill Heath and I apologize for an aspersions to that narrative. It is obvious to me that Mr. Rogers approach to the campaign, including his $1.00 maximum campaign contribution plan, was if nothing else a sincere effort.

Oh, and next time, JK, make the limit $100.00 and insist on reporting every contribution of a $0.25 or more. No matter how honestly you run your campaign, it still runs on money.

Thanks for clarifying your position and I apologize for misjudging your motives but as an investigator, you know not every case based on circumstantial evidence reflects the whole truth ... and that means some who are innocent are convicted none the less.

pubby

JK would have made a great senator for us.

Bit alas, that was not to be.

I will take Carruth over the Heathan any day of the week, and hope more will follow,drinks.gif

• Like 3

I know all the people involved,JK would be great. But here we are faced with two not so great canidates. Heath has pulled out all the stops,I am going with Carruth,we need a change and Bill isn't listening to his voters at all.:unsure:

And when I didn't think the Heath campaign could get any more desperate, the same "incumbent protection program" created with heath's assistance that sent 6 mailers earlier in the race just sent another one. According to the candidate disclosures, the senate PAC which funded the program (and has now paid for 7 mailers in this race) also donated $2500 to Heath as well. But Mr. Heath proclaimed at the debate that we don't even need ethics laws for honest politicians like him.