Paulding.com

Don't lock you kids in the car people! I was at Dollar General this week and a mother was all atwitter at having to wait in line at the register that wasn't right by the front door because she locked her sleeping baby in the car and couldn't see around the corner. I guess the cokes and candy she was buying just couldn't wait.

Edited by momof 3

Don't lock you kids in the car people! I was at Dollar General this week and a mother was all atwitter at having to wait in line at the register that wasn't right by the front door because she locked her sleeping baby in the car and couldn't see around the corner. I guess the cokes and candy she was buying just couldn't wait.

I'm too neurotic. I won't go in anywhere and leave the baby in the car. I'm sure the one time that I did do it they would get taken and I couldn't live with myself.

I have a question on this topic...if I see a baby or an animal locked in a hot car, of course I'll call 911 right away...but I will also break the window or try to break into the vehicle. Yes, I really would do it. Now my question: Will I get in trouble, as in arrested? Not that it would deter me from doing it, I am not the type of person to walk away from doing the right thing even if I have to pay for it.

It is possible that this was an accident. Being called to a lock-in is quite common. A perfect combination of events, a button pushed by accident. It happens. When personnel arrive on scene, the parent is usually frantic &the the child is oblivious to the problem. Not every lock-in is an idiotic stupid parent.

• Like 2

It is possible that this was an accident. Being called to a lock-in is quite common. A perfect combination of events, a button pushed by accident. It happens. When personnel arrive on scene, the parent is usually frantic &the the child is oblivious to the problem. Not every lock-in is an idiotic stupid parent.

Don't be all sane and reasonable! How in the world can the p.com peeps get their feeling of disgust and superiority all at the same time! :rofl:

• Like 1

I have a question on this topic...if I see a baby or an animal locked in a hot car, of course I'll call 911 right away...but I will also break the window or try to break into the vehicle. Yes, I really would do it. Now my question: Will I get in trouble, as in arrested? Not that it would deter me from doing it, I am not the type of person to walk away from doing the right thing even if I have to pay for it.

PM me and I'll personally bail you out if you were! I'd hope common sense would prevail and you'd receive a medal, nt cuffs!

• Like 1

Very true but if you do this knowingly then you are.

Once I watched when some old lady accidentally her even older husband in the car, it was really hot outside, he was definitely missing more than just a few cards from his deck. People were trying to get him to open the door from the inside, telling him to push the button, etc. I watched for a while, then when inside to get a snack and drink, came out and he was still locked in. Someone said they called 911 and that they were on the way.

I walked up to the car, knocked on the window and made the roll down the window gesture, he rolled the window. Problem solved, no one else thought of that, they were only concerned with the lock and the lock button.