Paulding.com

What kind of outrageous lie will Bill Heath tell now?

We're coming up on the last week before the runoff in the Senate 31 race.

If history is any indication ... and it is in political races as the 'consultants' are almost as superstitious as baseball players ... Bill Heath will send out a mailer to every registered voter with the most outrageous charge/lie/what ever. It will probably arrive either Friday or Saturday; maybe Monday. In any case it will be too late for anyone to respond to its lies.

Its sole purpose is to be SO NASTY as to make people want to go wash their hands and swear off voting for the rest of their natural lives ... as well as send a message that nobody can challenge Bill Heath for HIS DISTRICT 31 SEAT.

It is important to know the purpose is not to change anyone's mind about the election but rather to hit those who are likely voters who have decided to make the effort to vote for Bill Carruth. That is because Heath knows he can get between 1500 and 2000 people to the polls and if he can keep Carruth, who had over 9000 folks vote for him on July 31, from getting more people to the polls, he wins.

It is important to know that Heath's name probably won't be on this nasty piece and the charge will likely be sexual in nature.

All I can say is that if I were as certain of the lottery numbers for this Saturday's PowerBall game, all of us in the PCOM pool would be rolling in dough.

pubby

PS: Can anyone still believe that Bill Heath is a good man who wouldn't do something like this? LOL

Well, the first mailer wasn't much more than a recitation of Carruth's property tax (alleged) liens. Nothing "icky" there. Unless you want to count the respective portraits of the candidates.8)

But, there's still time....

I have known pigpen quit awhile! He is a great guy and I have nothing but great things to say about him! But this is one of those times when you just have to agree to disagree on something! I totally understand his position, he has every right to his opinions and feelings!

Bill Carruth did nothing to my family pubby, I have a problem with someone going around town with a look on their face like they have smelled sh#$! I can not stand a fake person and he is one of those, sorry when you see me one day I will be the same way every other day that you see me! No matter who I am around or with, I don't care if you have one dollar or a million you still put your pants on the same way as I do one leg at a time! He has always been above the law and a untouchable! I don't want someone so out of touch with reality speaking for me!

We have had Mr. Heath come by our office several times just to see what he could do for us and how he could help our industry! I have never seen Mr. Carruth once, I have had other folks tell me the same as well! Mr. Heath is approachable and listens to you, I have seen Mr. Carruth many times at the post office and around town never once has he taken the time to speak or even ask for my vote! So I don't think he cares for the folks unless you have a title or a perticular last name!

Mr. Heath is looking into the issue of a redlight at Paulding County High School because we brought it to his attention of the need! When the local's told us nothing they could do about it because "it's a state highway". Really they could not take the time to get the state involved when we have many kids cross that road every day and yall know how busy 61 south is! Sorry I don't think North Paulding Nor East Paulding has near the traffic on the roads in front of their school as Paulding Co. High does! But they would not push this issue because it is a state highway! So the last time Mr. Heath came by to see us we mentioned it to him and asked him about it and he said the county could do it if they wanted but he would look into for us and see what could be done!

Sorry we need someone that will go to the average Joe and hear their concerns and not just a certain group of folks! I know that if Carruth is elected he will see that his special interest group gets taken care of and us everyday folks will be just that.....everyday folks that don't matter to him!!!

Apparently Mr. Heath seeks to gain the reputation as the funeral home industry's friend under the Gold Dome and we do know that both the Coroner of Paulding and the Coroner of Haralson are among the few public officials to endorse him.

He hasn't reached out that effectively to other entities. I know in Paulding everyone from the School superintendent to Sheriff and former sheriff, Commission Chairman and Mayor of Dallas are vocal supporters of Paulding's Bill ... Bill Carruth.

In an effort to get a better understanding of why his home county - Haralson - votes against him I went over there Saturday morning.

Among the things I discovered is folks are not eager to say anything negative about the man. I can't tell whether it is because they're scared or they just care so little about him they don't want to waste their time.

I did find a vocal Carruth supporter who would speak out against him.

I did find out that he did get two grants for Haralson. Apparently he got a $20,000 and a $50,000 grant from community affairs. The first was $20,000 to buy the 4-H into the exclusive - albeit county-owned - shooting range that the SO over there can't even use. That restricted use seems odd considering the county added a million to the pot for grading but access is limited, other than 4-H, to a private shooting club, I'm told.

The other grant was for renovations for the oldest house in Buchanan; presumably the home of the county's historical society only now a woman and her three children pay the owner - a private individual - rent for the house. I couldn't quite figure out how the state was obligated to spend $50 grand to fix an old house for some landlord.

But what really boggled my mind was the horror story about how the county tax assessors office hasn't revised Haralson's property tax valuations since 2008. While the rest of Georgia and the nation have reduced property values since the real estate bubble burst in 2008 - some places like Paulding by as much as 55% - Haralson's values seem fixed in time.

I ran across the sweetest little older lady from Haralson County (Tallapoosa) the other day when I took my Mom to the doctor in Rome.

This lady and her family have been life long residents of Haralson County and she struck up a conversation with me and my sister. After talking with her several minutes she stated to me "well....I guess we have something in common." I said "what is that?" She says "we both have the opportunity to help Bill Heath get out of office because he has done nothing for my county or your county and he is useless as far as representing us."

I, of course, told her "you took the words right out of my mouth." :)

• Like 1

Can you leave this section blank on the ballot or do you HAVE to choose someone? It's candidates like these two old fools that make me not want to go to the polls at all. I have voted in every election since I was 18 years old, but I'm tired of having to vote for the lessor of two evils or voting AGAINST someone as opposed to FOR someone.

I don't think either of these men deserve a single vote from anybody. So, where does that leave us?

S-C-R-E-W-E-D I'm thinkin'.

• Like 1

Can you leave this section blank on the ballot or do you HAVE to choose someone? It's candidates like these two old fools that make me not want to go to the polls at all. I have voted in every election since I was 18 years old, but I'm tired of having to vote for the lessor of two evils or voting AGAINST someone as opposed to FOR someone.

I don't think either of these men deserve a single vote from anybody. So, where does that leave us?

S-C-R-E-W-E-D I'm thinkin'.

You can leave it blank if you want to. I am sure the guys in the run off for Magistrate Judge would appreciate you going to vote for one of them and if you are in District 66 there is a run off there too.

It's topics like this that prevent me from taking any "news" report seriously from Pubby. There is ALWAYS an agenda.

BTW, Heath is lower than pond scum. Carruth is just pond scum. :lol:

Papi:

As if ragging on me and pcom is not near the top of your agenda. I can count five or six folks whose posts almost always take a swipe like yours.

the plain fact is that you know as well as I that the same criticism is standard operating procedure by the right in regard all media except FOX. And if you think FOX doesn't have its agenda, obviously you're in worse shape than my fourth cousin Helen.

Oh, and one thing that most don't realize is that by any objective measure, Bill Carruth is more conservative (and in tune with the far right) on tax policy than Bill Heath.

BTW, the source on the grants for Haralson came from Amos Sparks, former chairman of the Haralson commission and one of those folks who can't shoot at the county-funded shooting range. He did introduce me to the Heath supporter who was part of the shooting club but said he wasn't supporting Carruth because he chose to go to his daughter's graduation instead of attending the fake debate Heath set up in Haralson last week.

He also declined to talk about lawsuit that Heath's sister filed against the Senator over his apparently claiming the lions-share of their parents estate ... a suite that was brought out in the Heath's contest against Speaker Murphy. No one brought that out in this election because apparently it didn't work when Tom Murphy used it against Heath ten years ago.

pubby

Well, the first mailer wasn't much more than a recitation of Carruth's property tax (alleged) liens. Nothing "icky" there. Unless you want to count the respective portraits of the candidates.8)

But, there's still time....

Yea, it looks like Heath may not need the lies this time, Curruth is giving him enough ammunition with his real life.

Now if it had been JKR, then I think we'd seen some lies flying. Still think Curruth was a shrill to keep Heath from having to run face to face with JKR. Heath must have been loved it to see Curruth as the other runoff candidate.

Just got a robocall from Bill Heath about Bill C's taxes. It was from 678 653 4389. When I called back

got a voice mail box. Call Leave a message about how you won't vote for him. Maybe we can at least

fill his box and take his time.

Yea, it looks like Heath may not need the lies this time, Curruth is giving him enough ammunition with his real life.

Now if it had been JKR, then I think we'd seen some lies flying. Still think Curruth was a shrill to keep Heath from having to run face to face with JKR. Heath must have been loved it to see Curruth as the other runoff candidate.

You do know the tax liens are on the real estate property that Carruth continues to carry a note upon (not a foreclosure here) and the lots are development property that the county can, if they choose, sell for taxes.

This is the way that real estate developers do business in Georgia. And they pay for this 'secured loan' for taxes as well. There are fees due, and I think the interest rate on the past due balance is ten percent. The county gets all that when the lot sells.

What Carruth doesn't owe property tax on is land he lives on, land for homes and land from which he operates businesses. That means the retirement properties he and a partner own (homeplace communities) is current with its property taxes. His home and personal property are all current.

It is only the lots he is holding for sale - and there are a lot of them - that have tax liens against them.

If you have a complaint about that, take it up with the Tax Commissioner. He's the one who earmarks properties to be sold for taxes.

I suspect they're not doing that because the tax assessors - a different body - would count the tax sales as sales and further lower all the property values in the county.

Here is the sworn testimony of Bill Carruth explaining first that this is how development works and second that he is current on all property used in business (as opposed to being held as inventory for development.)

bill bill.mp3

To me Heath's harping on these tax liens would be about like harping on a speeding ticket a man might get for rushing his wife to the hospital to have a baby. Hell yeah you're going to speed ... sign me up, I'll pay the ticket, lets just get to the hospital.

pubby

You do know the tax liens are on the real estate property that Carruth continues to carry a note upon (not a foreclosure here) and the lots are development property that the county can, if they choose, sell for taxes.

This is the way that real estate developers do business in Georgia. And they pay for this 'secured loan' for taxes as well. There are fees due, and I think the interest rate on the past due balance is ten percent. The county gets all that when the lot sells.

What Carruth doesn't owe property tax on is land he lives on, land for homes and land from which he operates businesses. That means the retirement properties he and a partner own (homeplace communities) is current with its property taxes. His home and personal property are all current.

It is only the lots he is holding for sale - and there are a lot of them - that have tax liens against them.

If you have a complaint about that, take it up with the Tax Commissioner. He's the one who earmarks properties to be sold for taxes.

I suspect they're not doing that because the tax assessors - a different body - would count the tax sales as sales and further lower all the property values in the county.

Here is the sworn testimony of Bill Carruth explaining first that this is how development works and second that he is current on all property used in business (as opposed to being held as inventory for development.)

bill bill.mp3

To me Heath's harping on these tax liens would be about like harping on a speeding ticket a man might get for rushing his wife to the hospital to have a baby. Hell yeah you're going to speed ... sign me up, I'll pay the ticket, lets just get to the hospital.

pubby

I think that is BS. Carruth's greed and love for making easy money left him with his ass hanging out when the market bombed. Hell, lets at least be honest here.

Having said that, I don't think the citizens of Paulding have any choice but to vote for him if we want to see the county re-gain any productivity over the next four years. Heath has proven that he isn't going to do a damn thing.

• Like 2

I have received a mailing from Heath claiming to be from the NRA saying he is the only one they support,

also have received a phone call claiming to be from the Ga. tax association saying we have to keep

the "tax cheat" Carruth from getting elected. We have to get this man out of office. He will lie and

cheat to stay in the office.

Please people, get out and tell your friends that don't read Paulding.com about the lies he is

telling.

• Like 1

Solo:

If you don't like the decision, go rag on the judge.

Better yet, go rag on the legislature which split Paulding into two Senate Districts and four or five house districts just to dilute and divide the community... oh wait , it was to protect the incumbents incorporated blockhead from Bremen.

You do know that Paulding has never had a person sit in the state senate. The 'state senator' has always come from Bremen, Rockmart, Cedartown, Cartersville. None have ever hailed from Paulding.

And if we don't send this former champion of term limits home this next Tuesday - eight years is always too many - he'll be Senator for life.

That ought to make you swallow hard ... or at least ask for the lube.

pubby

Believe me I have known him many years...Enough to know I don't want his representation! It speaks volumes to the fact that he lost Paulding County in the election and Heath won it here and vis versa in Haralson! So many here don't trust Carruth and Many there can't trust Heath! So must be the both of them!! I truly wish we had a candidate worth electing but since that is not a choose.....So yes many still remember his days as our Commissioner and still don't care to vote for him!! B)

i don't trust either one and i am sick of all the campaign flyers in the mail, i don't even read them, they go directly into the recycle bin. I voted for JK Rogers and would do so now - neither of the two running deserve to win - and since i will be out of town, i won't even get to vote,

i don't trust either one and i am sick of all the campaign flyers in the mail, i don't even read them, they go directly into the recycle bin. I voted for JK Rogers and would do so now - neither of the two running deserve to win - and since i will be out of town, i won't even get to vote,

with early voting you can vote now, we

did yesterday

Solo:

If you don't like the decision, go rag on the judge.

Better yet, go rag on the legislature which split Paulding into two Senate Districts and four or five house districts just to dilute and divide the community... oh wait , it was to protect the incumbents incorporated blockhead from Bremen.

You do know that Paulding has never had a person sit in the state senate. The 'state senator' has always come from Bremen, Rockmart, Cedartown, Cartersville. None have ever hailed from Paulding.

And if we don't send this former champion of term limits home this next Tuesday - eight years is always too many - he'll be Senator for life.

That ought to make you swallow hard ... or at least ask for the lube.

pubby

From the time I have spent in Paulding there may be a. very good reason none have never come from there. Oh and thanks for proving my point and not answering the question.