Paulding.com

I wish I could solve all the worlds problems, that there wouldn't be sickness, death, depression, abuse, unhappiness and that people would stop being so mean to eachother.

The truth? I can't. So I pray. And even if it's futile, I'm taking a moment out of my day to think about you. When I can, I do. When I can't, I still love you and think of you often.

True peace must be found within ones self. And I'll tell you that while I may be an eternal seeker, I find one universal truth. You will only be as good as what you surround yourself with. If you bask in hatred, bitterness and anger you will reap hopelessness, despair and isolation. If you surround yourself in goodness, you will be lifted up in love, helpfulness and hope.

This is why the church exists, but people must put in some effort. There is not a church I've been to that wouldn't gladly help a person in TJB's position, regardless of his personal or spiritual beliefs. It is up to TJB to put himself out there and to accept help when it's offered.

Come to my church TJB, and you will never cook another meal. I would personally make sure that you had a dozen people on speed dial that you could phone at any hour of the night, myself included...and religion would never be mentioned. My guess, you're not ready for that.

I've seen many people choose to keep people at an arms length and never engage, fully, in relationships. Born alone, die alone. And that's ok too. For those people, all I can DO is pray.

KWIM?

• Like 2

Lost both my parents with a month of each other. The man is bitter and full of hate. He needs help, if he chooses to continue on the path of anger at anyone that "prays" for him.....he will soon be all by himself, wondering who can I hate now! Guilt, blame, and anger will eat you up inside!

Here's the thing...I didn't read that he is bitter because people pray for him and his wife. I read that these same people are nowhere around when they physically need them. The ones who are physically there happen to not believe in God.

It is very difficult to believe in a god who takes our loved ones away. I think those that do are only doing it because they have to believe in something. They have to have something to lean on when they are so distraught. Then, they figure, as time passes and they begin to move on, god must have gotten them through it, so they lean on him more. Terrible round robin it goes. I lost my brother at 17 years old in a traffic accident. I don't blame god or anyone else. But I don't need anyone to pray for me or him. I know he's in a better place - wherever that may be - because I wouldn't want him suffering the way he was prior to his death. I miss him, with every fiber of my being. But I don't need god or religion to make him closer to me. I talk to him just fine.

As for our friend whose wife is sick, he knows who he can count on. The fact that his friends don't number in the religion category is moot. You can pray for him all you want. What happens to his wife is due to an illness no one should suffer from. I don't blame him at all for ignoring the god you speak of. If there is a god, he has surely turned his back on this family.

I hope they can find it in their hearts to move on, accept what they cannot change, and make the most of what time they have left together.

• Like 2

How can you say that only christians have "inner peace"? It's been my experience that the MOST conflicted, paranoid, and judgmental humans on this earth are religious types. This includes christians, but is not limited to them. Inner peace means coming to terms with your humanity and mortality and it has nothing to do with intervention from a "supernatural realm". Regarding "praying for others", do what you need to do to feel good about yourself. If that helps, then great - just keep it to yourself. The problem with christianity is that people use it to apply to other people when they should just apply those principles (like "love your neighbor") to themselves.

One other point that needs to be made is that CFA didn't take a stand against a particular "SIN". Their position is to donate money to organizations that work to DENY EQUAL RIGHTS to same-sex couples. So this really has nothing to do with the church or religion -- It's just plain bigotry and hate and religion is only being used as a pretext. In this framework of bigotry and hate, would you mind pointing out the "inner peace that only god can provide"???

Thank you!

But, back to the question, no - no mention of Chick-Fil-A in church.

It was actually one of the most depressing but thought provoking services I've ever heard.

You (as in everyone interested, not directed to a particular person) should listen to it - it's a good one!

http://westridge.com/media/message/chasingthewind/08052012/ep

Here's the thing...I didn't read that he is bitter because people pray for him and his wife. I read that these same people are nowhere around when they physically need them. The ones who are physically there happen to not believe in God.

It is very difficult to believe in a god who takes our loved ones away. I think those that do are only doing it because they have to believe in something. They have to have something to lean on when they are so distraught. Then, they figure, as time passes and they begin to move on, god must have gotten them through it, so they lean on him more. Terrible round robin it goes. I lost my brother at 17 years old in a traffic accident. I don't blame god or anyone else. But I don't need anyone to pray for me or him. I know he's in a better place - wherever that may be - because I wouldn't want him suffering the way he was prior to his death. I miss him, with every fiber of my being. But I don't need god or religion to make him closer to me. I talk to him just fine.

As for our friend whose wife is sick, he knows who he can count on. The fact that his friends don't number in the religion category is moot. You can pray for him all you want. What happens to his wife is due to an illness no one should suffer from. I don't blame him at all for ignoring the god you speak of. If there is a god, he has surely turned his back on this family.

I hope they can find it in their hearts to move on, accept what they cannot change, and make the most of what time they have left together.

The last post TJB made, he explained what he meant. I choose to not get involved in God talk! :)

Sorry. I think a lot of these so called "Christians" also dislike Blacks, Muslims,liberals ,and anybody that doesn't look or feel like them and they use the Bible to support their bigotry. I grew up Catholic but soon realized it was a scam, as all religions are. If the religious leaders threaten "doom and gloom" and tell their congregations the end is near, it keeps asses in the seats and is good for church business. Look at scam artists like Joel Osteen living in the lap of luxury, while receiving donations from the poor, hoping for eternal salvation. My wife faces the ravages of Multiple Sclerosis and is bedridden; as her disease has progressed, our friends have abandoned us, including the phony bastards who "say they'll pray for us". Those who have stuck by us are not religious; they are atheists and yet they have displayed more Christian behavior than the hypocrites who claim to be Christians. Please don't be sorry for me, be sorry for yourself. From what I know about Jesus, he wouldn't give many of you so called "Christians" the time of day. I think it's despicable how many religions use fear as a way to gain followers and then behave in a way that is "ungodly". I'm ok with my "path", perhaps you should examine your own first.

Well all I can say is not every "Christian" is alike and I'm sorry for the ones you feel didnt treat you like they should. God loves you wether you love him back or not. And even when you think your alone with your wife he is there. EVERYTHING happens for a reason and we sometimes DO figure out why and lots of times we never know why. I WILL pray for you and your wife. But also i will pray that others will help you out like you wish they would to make things slightly better for you . I think people started bad mouthing you from the start because of the way you started your conversation. But your right we don't know everthing your dealing with in your home. Sometimes things make us want to behave very different than we normally would. GOD BLess.

Edited by dirt road