Paulding.com

Mine did!! He said that it's a SHAME that it got so out of hand. I did like his only opinion (and he didn't allow the congregation to applaud at all) - but he said that it's a sad day in America when a person's opinion is perceived as an attack.

I did a little "amen" to my brother on that one.

I would take great pleasure in telling him to take his Bible( book of fairy tales)and stick it up his ass.

• Like 3

I would take great pleasure in telling him to take his Bible( book of fairy tales)and stick it up his ass.

Wow it is sad you have so much hate . Maybe if you find a fairy tale you can make believe you are human.

• Like 6

Sorry for you,,,,but I'm afraid your FAIRYTALE you speak of is going to wind up being a full blown NIGHTMARE at the END! (Hope something comes about to show you the right path before its too late)

• Like 2

Sorry for you,,,,but I'm afraid your FAIRYTALE you speak of is going to wind up being a full blown NIGHTMARE at the END! (Hope something comes about to show you the right path before its too late)

Sorry. I think a lot of these so called "Christians" also dislike Blacks, Muslims,liberals ,and anybody that doesn't look or feel like them and they use the Bible to support their bigotry. I grew up Catholic but soon realized it was a scam, as all religions are. If the religious leaders threaten "doom and gloom" and tell their congregations the end is near, it keeps asses in the seats and is good for church business. Look at scam artists like Joel Osteen living in the lap of luxury, while receiving donations from the poor, hoping for eternal salvation. My wife faces the ravages of Multiple Sclerosis and is bedridden; as her disease has progressed, our friends have abandoned us, including the phony bastards who "say they'll pray for us". Those who have stuck by us are not religious; they are atheists and yet they have displayed more Christian behavior than the hypocrites who claim to be Christians. Please don't be sorry for me, be sorry for yourself. From what I know about Jesus, he wouldn't give many of you so called "Christians" the time of day. I think it's despicable how many religions use fear as a way to gain followers and then behave in a way that is "ungodly". I'm ok with my "path", perhaps you should examine your own first.

• Like 3

Sorry. I think a lot of these so called "Christians" also dislike Blacks, Muslims,liberals ,and anybody that doesn't look or feel like them and they use the Bible to support their bigotry. I grew up Catholic but soon realized it was a scam, as all religions are. If the religious leaders threaten "doom and gloom" and tell their congregations the end is near, it keeps asses in the seats and is good for church business. Look at scam artists like Joel Osteen living in the lap of luxury, while receiving donations from the poor, hoping for eternal salvation. My wife faces the ravages of Multiple Sclerosis and is bedridden; as her disease has progressed, our friends have abandoned us, including the phony bastards who "say they'll pray for us". Those who have stuck by us are not religious; they are atheists and yet they have displayed more Christian behavior than the hypocrites who claim to be Christians. Please don't be sorry for me, be sorry for yourself. From what I know about Jesus, he wouldn't give many of you so called "Christians" the time of day. I think it's despicable how many religions use fear as a way to gain followers and then behave in a way that is "ungodly". I'm ok with my "path", perhaps you should examine your own first.

Wow, and you wonder why people abandoned you? You are filled with so much bitterness and hate. You need help! Seriously, the Christian's are still praying for your family from afar. If you belittle them like the above post, no wonder they can not be around you.

• Like 5

Wow, and you wonder why people abandoned you? You are filled with so much bitterness and hate. You need help! Seriously, the Christian's are still praying for your family from afar. If you belittle them like the above post, no wonder they can not be around you.

Having just lost my mom earlier this year to the effects of MS (she and Mrs. TJB likely have similarly aggressive strains),the fact that you're praying to a God who is slowly killing your wife, mother, husband, friend, etc., is about the last thing one needs to hear. It's rather easy to sit and watch from afar as a disease, with no real intention of killing its victim (mom died of pneumonia from choking on food all the time, MS itself is not a terminal disease), toys with a loved one until they're nothing but a motionless shell of their former selves and say, "hey, don't worry about it...I'm praying for you.".

My parents also experienced extensive abandonment from friends. Until you're in those shoes, you should respect the man's opinions. You have no idea what he's going through.

mrnn

• Like 7

Having just lost my mom earlier this year to the effects of MS (she and Mrs. TJB likely have similarly aggressive strains),the fact that you're praying to a God who is slowly killing your wife, mother, husband, friend, etc., is about the last thing one needs to hear. It's rather easy to sit and watch from afar as a disease, with no real intention of killing its victim (mom died of pneumonia from choking on food all the time, MS itself is not a terminal disease), toys with a loved one until they're nothing but a motionless shell of their former selves and say, "hey, don't worry about it...I'm praying for you.".

My parents also experienced extensive abandonment from friends. Until you're in those shoes, you should respect the man's opinions. You have no idea what he's going through.

mrnn

Lost both my parents with a month of each other. The man is bitter and full of hate. He needs help, if he chooses to continue on the path of anger at anyone that "prays" for him.....he will soon be all by himself, wondering who can I hate now! Guilt, blame, and anger will eat you up inside!

mrnn

it is one thing to respect a man's opinions IF that man respect mine. When he has nothing but hateful ugly things to say about what I believe then no he deserves no respect from me.....just pity.

• Like 4

The people that have abandoned me are those I've gone out of my way to help. I would never belittle someone trying to help me. However, I refuse to believe in religion when they prey on fear and bigotry. Quite frankly, actions mean much more than prayers. When people say I'll pray for you, it mostly means I'm busy with other things and I can't be bothered. One of my neighbors, who is religious, has been wonderful to my wife and I would do anything I could to help them. They have given us more than we've given them and for that, I am eternally grateful and I would never disrespect her faith, she truly tries live it. I hope you never have to go through what I'm going through, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. It's like living a nightmare on a daily basis. Yes, I'm getting help but quite honestly, counseling and anti-depressants only dull the pain and can't take away the fact my wife has a disease that will slowly kill her. During the school year, I exist on 3-4 hours sleep many nights and if my wife becomes incontinent or her catheter is pushed out from bladder spasms, I may not sleep at all. So, when you walk in my shoes and live in my world, tell me how well you would handle it.

• Like 5

mrnn

I'm so sorry, mmn!

At 29 I lost a 27 year old wife, by pneumonia, who had suffered from MS for over three years. I was terribly hurt, my by two boys were devastated.

That's been 39 years ago, for me. I can feel your pain, however, with just months passed sense your loss. I can imagine she was suffering here with us, and if you know what I mean she probably welcomed the end of such torture.

Again, mmn I am so sorry you had to go through that.

TJB is a good man, whom I admire very much.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

Edited by The Postman

The people that have abandoned me are those I've gone out of my way to help. I would never belittle someone trying to help me. However, I refuse to believe in religion when they prey on fear and bigotry. Quite frankly, actions mean much more than prayers. When people say I'll pray for you, it mostly means I'm busy with other things and I can't be bothered. One of my neighbors, who is religious, has been wonderful to my wife and I would do anything I could to help them. They have given us more than we've given them and for that, I am eternally grateful and I would never disrespect her faith, she truly tries live it. I hope you never have to go through what I'm going through, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. It's like living a nightmare on a daily basis. Yes, I'm getting help but quite honestly, counseling and anti-depressants only dull the pain and can't take away the fact my wife has a disease that will slowly kill her. During the school year, I exist on 3-4 hours sleep many nights and if my wife becomes incontinent or her catheter is pushed out from bladder spasms, I may not sleep at all. So, when you walk in my shoes and live in my world, tell me how well you would handle it.

Sir, I am so sorry. I don't know you but I have gained a lot of respect for you in the last 45 minutes.

You hang in there and get through this any way you can.

it is one thing to respect a man's opinions IF that man respect mine. When he has nothing but hateful ugly things to say about what I believe then no he deserves no respect from me.....just pity.

WTF is wrong with you? Did you miss the part where the man is saying his wife is bedridden with MS?

Let it go. Back out and take Overit with you. He lashed out at religion, not you. He needs support, not some bonehead defending their trucking religion. :angry:

Don't be so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good.

• Like 4

From the above post, I gather as long as a religious person is giving you anything but prayers you except their faith? It takes a long time to figure out what faith or religion you want in your life.

I have walked in your shoes, just a different disease. You are at a place where you are mad as hell, at God. So, trying to talk with you about my experience isn't going to help.

From the above post, I gather as long as a religious person is giving you anything but prayers you except their faith? It takes a long time to figure out what faith or religion you want in your life.

I have walked in your shoes, just a different disease. You are at a place where you are mad as hell, at God. So, trying to talk with you about my experience isn't going to help.

He's not mad at god, overit, but at bigotry!

It is the people who pretend to be Christians, but act just like the Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence says they act. See my signature below.

• Like 1

WTF is wrong with you? Did you miss the part where the man is saying his wife is bedridden with MS?

Let it go. Back out and take Overit with you. He lashed out at religion, not you. He needs support, not some bonehead defending their trucking religion. :angry:

Really? I haven't mentioned my religion! I mentioned bitter and angry. It's hard to be a care giver and work outside the home. Pushing people away who are willing to help, due to anger, makes it harder on him.

• Like 1

He's not mad at god, overit, but at bigotry!

It is the people who pretend to be Christians, but act just like the Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence says they act. See my signature below.

It is easier to focus your anger on anything, other than what you are truly angry at.

Really? I haven't mentioned my religion! I mentioned bitter and angry. It's hard to be a care giver and work outside the home. Pushing people away who are willing to help, due to anger, makes it harder on him.

Let me ask you something, who do you think you are to tell him how to live his life? Exactly who?

Leave him alone, I'm sure he has enough on his plate without your judgement.

• Like 2

I did the same thing 39 years ago, and I'm glad I done it. Some of the Christians was always wanting me to be a bigot like they were, so I had to get help from the real Christians. Believe me, you can tell them apart. You know a bigot when you talk to him.

Edited by The Postman

Let me ask you something, who do you think you are to tell him how to live his life? Exactly who?

Leave him alone, I'm sure he has enough on his plate without your judgement.

I am someone who has been in his shoes. I am who I am!

Who are you to tell me what to do? Exactly who? :wacko:

I did the same thing 39 years ago, and I'm glad I done it. Some of the Christians was always wanting me to be a bigot like they were, so I had to get help from the real Christians. Believe me, you can tell them apart. You know a bigot when you talk to him.

Yes, you can tell them apart. Glad you were able to have help.

Edited by overit

If you are going to come back at me at least proof your response, you know, so you don't look like a illiterate.

I've heard that mad at God BS before, oberit! I was told that, myself. I wasn't mad at anyone, but was accused of it by some God fearing people. I don't fear God, if there is one I see him as an understanding God, which should not be feared.

If you are going to come back at me at least proof your response, you know, so you don't look like a illiterate.

:rofl: How about I just ignore you like normal? It must be hard to be perfect...as you try to appear. ^_^

• Like 2

Although I am atheist, I respect and appreciate the fact that people care enough to take the time to do something that is so personal and important in their lives. However, people need tangible things like coming to visit for coffee, have a beer, watch a movie, and just someone to listen. I'm not mad at God but I am mad, sad, depressed, and more emotions than I can describe. Sharing with other people who have similar experiences is helpful. When I was in group therapy, I couldn't believe how many tears I had inside and quite honestly, I'm afraid if I cry, I'll never stop. As MS takes my wife's life, it's taking mine as well.

Although I am atheist, I respect and appreciate the fact that people care enough to take the time to do something that is so personal and important in their lives. However, people need tangible things like coming to visit for coffee, have a beer, watch a movie, and just someone to listen. I'm not mad at God but I am mad, sad, depressed, and more emotions than I can describe. Sharing with other people who have similar experiences is helpful. When I was in group therapy, I couldn't believe how many tears I had inside and quite honestly, I'm afraid if I cry, I'll never stop. As MS takes my wife's life, it's taking mine as well.

I may seem like a heartless bitch, but I truly understand what you are saying. I can not thank the people who came and sat with my daddy and my own kids, so I could have 30 minutes to myself. You have every right to be all those emotions, and then some. But, I know from experience the anger will eat you up. Talking with other's is something, I couldn't do until 6 months after my daddy died. It's great you can, hang on to that support...you will need it. It seems a lot of people on here have watched their loved ones suffer, and are willing to share their stories with you.

Oooops

Edited by overit

Praying is such a passive activity. Why not offer to cook a meal, bring by some reading material and spend quality time with someone, wash the dishes, give the husband a hug, or a break, or listen to him vent.....actions speak so much louder than words.

TJB...I would live to meet you and your wife, any evening that she's feeling up to a visit. Let me know what I can do for YOU.

• Like 4

I just didn't know how, or I just couldn't help my wife when she had her period, and other things. Her just being 27 she had not gone through menopause. I tried to help her, but I had to call a friend of hers. I found that there were some things I just was not cut out for, but I did do my best. I had to work, and would leave work to go to Emory University, where she stayed a lot. Then I would drive home to Temple GA, where I would get up at 5 AM, to call Emory to see if she was okay, before I would go to work. This went on for several years, with periods of remission, and periods of worsening. I enjoyed getting her out in the wheel chair, and walking for long distances, pushing her. One of my two boys was a baby, which I had to give to my step mother to raise, and my other boy was 7 years old, and would cry a lot right along with his mother.

My son, who is 48 now, never got over seeing his mother suffer, and cry herself to death. The 40 year old son is fine, because he never knew his mother. I grieved a lot, myself, and after my wife died, I told my then 10 year old son to go stay with his baby brother at my step mothers, until I was able to take care of him. He was a big help with his mother, and would call me at work if I needed to come home, but after she died I just was not mindful enough to look after him, and I had a wonderful step mother who wanted him to stay with her. But, when I decided I wanted my boys back, my step mother had become to attached to them. I just could not take them away.

A couple years later I got married again, and was married for about a year, when my second wife developed lung cancer, and passed away within a few months. I have now been married for 35 years to my present wife.

Edited by The Postman

I'm so sorry TJB. Your wife is lucky to have you, you're a good guy. Don't let em get to ya. You don't owe anyone an explaination for the way you feel. They don't teach empathy in bible school, unfortunately.

TJB is a great man, jenlyn!

I need to go see him, when I can.

Wow, I'm so amazed that some of you on here lack the inner peace that only God can provide. I'm sure most everyone, including myself, has had a time period in our lives where we were so devastated and bogged down with life that we didn't want to go on, felt helpless, angry at whomever, etc. In my own difficult days no human could talk to me enough, want to see me enough, meet me for lunch enough, etc. Although those things can be helpful, and talking does help, God is the one who gave me strength. I can't imagine putting my faith in the hands of people here on earth because humans are going to disappoint, let you down, push you away, and leave you. God will never do that! Even if you don't want me to, I will pray for whomever on here does not believe in God. I will! And, as far as Church goers and Christians go per se, they are human too and make mistakes and sin. No one is without fault of something. Maybe those that abandoned you and haven't done enough for you are struggling with something in their own life. Sometimes immense struggles can actually make you stronger and I hope that something positive is in store for you in the future.

I love that!!!!!!!!

Wow, I'm so amazed that some of you on here lack the inner peace that only God can provide.

How can you say that only christians have "inner peace"? It's been my experience that the MOST conflicted, paranoid, and judgmental humans on this earth are religious types. This includes christians, but is not limited to them. Inner peace means coming to terms with your humanity and mortality and it has nothing to do with intervention from a "supernatural realm". Regarding "praying for others", do what you need to do to feel good about yourself. If that helps, then great - just keep it to yourself. The problem with christianity is that people use it to apply to other people when they should just apply those principles (like "love your neighbor") to themselves.

One other point that needs to be made is that CFA didn't take a stand against a particular "SIN". Their position is to donate money to organizations that work to DENY EQUAL RIGHTS to same-sex couples. So this really has nothing to do with the church or religion -- It's just plain bigotry and hate and religion is only being used as a pretext. In this framework of bigotry and hate, would you mind pointing out the "inner peace that only god can provide"???

• Like 2