Paulding.com

Spin off from Miss Sophies post

Years ago I had to give a technical class on appliances to about 25-30 Home Depot

employees at the company I worked for and was nervous speaking in front of that

many people that really didn't want to be there in the first place.

Well it was my "ladies time of the month" and I made a last minute run to

the restroom before the class. Not wanting to lay down what I was about to use

I held it sideways between my lips.

After standing there talking to them for about an hour, shaking hands with some

of them afterward my boss comes over and asked what I did to my lip when I said

"nothing" and asked why "he" said my bottom lip was purple.

He squinted and leaned closer to look at it then started laughing and told me to

go to the bathroom and look at my lip in the mirror.

Yep, the word TAMPAX was right there like a tattoo on my bottom lip.

My only saving grace was it was spelled backward (XAPMAT)and after an hour of classes

the HD employees were so bored they didn't seem to notice.

I was horrified ! I couldn't look at my boss for the rest of the day.

Upon returning to work after maternity leave, I asked a co-worker how her husband was doing. She looked me and said "fine. He's divorced." Took me a minute for it to sink in.

Then that VERY SAME DAY I asked the same co-worker how her best friend, who had been a co-worker, was doing. At that point she burst into tears and said "you didn't hear? She died in a car wreck on Thanksgiving".

Needless to say, I was shocked and embarrassed beyond belief.

Years ago I was working for a large business in Atlanta. They had an employee get together and it was a country/western hodown theme. I didn't have anything to wear but borrowed a skirt and pheasant top from a friend who did a lot of line dancing, etc and went to places like Cowboy's a lot. The skirt was WAY too big for me as she was about 4 sizes larger than me. I pulled the skirt up and wore a belt over the waist to help hold it up. It was also very long as she is 6'2" tall! They were introducing all the new employees and when they called my name I was to stand up. I stood up all right but when I did the hem of the skirt was under my foot. Since it didn't fit in the waist the pull on the skirt pulled it down LITERALLY! The top of the skirt was below my hips and my tidy-whities were shining. Everyone had a huge laugh about it but I was HORRIFIED!!!

Years ago I had to give a technical class on appliances to about 25-30 Home Depot

employees at the company I worked for and was nervous speaking in front of that

many people that really didn't want to be there in the first place.

Well it was my "ladies time of the month" and I made a last minute run to

the restroom before the class. Not wanting to lay down what I was about to use

I held it sideways between my lips.

After standing there talking to them for about an hour, shaking hands with some

of them afterward my boss comes over and asked what I did to my lip when I said

"nothing" and asked why "he" said my bottom lip was purple.

He squinted and leaned closer to look at it then started laughing and told me to

go to the bathroom and look at my lip in the mirror.

Yep, the word TAMPAX was right there like a tattoo on my bottom lip.

My only saving grace was it was spelled backward (XAPMAT)and after an hour of classes

the HD employees were so bored they didn't seem to notice.

:rofl: OMG, that is hysterical

I was horrified ! I couldn't look at my boss for the rest of the day.

This didn't happen to me but a friend of mine told me this story last week. She is pregnant and on her way to the OB appointment she stopped in a grabbed a kids meal from a local fast food place. While eating she and her 12 year old got into a sticker battle. While laying on the table at the doctor office, she noticed the assistant kept looking "down there" with a look of disgust on her face. The assistant started asking her questions about the age of her son. When she told her he was 12 she asked if he was a stamp or sticker collector. Very confused and getting upset she asked her why she was asking. The doctor pulled off a sticker that was conveniently stuck just outside the middle part of her panties between her legs that read "ROAR". The assistant admitted that she at first thought it was a tattoo and thought it was in an odd spot. My friend said she will never wear another dress to the OB/GYN office again!

This didn't happen to me but a friend of mine told me this story last week. She is pregnant and on her way to the OB appointment she stopped in a grabbed a kids meal from a local fast food place. While eating she and her 12 year old got into a sticker battle. While laying on the table at the doctor office, she noticed the assistant kept looking "down there" with a look of disgust on her face. The assistant started asking her questions about the age of her son. When she told her he was 12 she asked if he was a stamp or sticker collector. Very confused and getting upset she asked her why she was asking. The doctor pulled off a sticker that was conveniently stuck just outside the middle part of her panties between her legs that read "ROAR". The assistant admitted that she at first thought it was a tattoo and thought it was in an odd spot. My friend said she will never wear another dress to the OB/GYN office again!

:rofl: