Paulding.com

Bill Heath issues a challange for Bill Carruth

Interesting let's see who brings their documents and what they prove!!

I want Bill Caruth to win more than anything. But this seems to be a set up and would probably be political suicide for him. Time will tell.

So do ya think Paulette will be up at the Chamber bashing her home boy?

She does belong to Heath and the PACS, right?

Or maybe she'll conveniently be on another cruise and be a no-show.

I agree with wineguy, it smells like a set up so what will Carruth do......

• Like 1

I want Bill Caruth to win more than anything. But this seems to be a set up and would probably be political suicide for him. Time will tell.

I don't care for Bill Heath but have you ever met Bill Carruth? Were you around when he was commissioner? I encourage folks to talk to him about the issues. It doesn't take long to see his arrogance and he is definitely a Paulding County good ole boy. The question is who is the lesser of two evils?....

She'll probably lay low for a while.....after all, the IRS is on her trail...

• Like 1

Or maybe she'll conveniently be on another cruise and be a no-show.

I agree with wineguy, it smells like a set up so what will Carruth do......

And I agree with you both. I smell a trap.

They don't call it Bill Corrupt Parkway for no reason......

But he's still got my vote. It's a dirty game, I'm picking the lesser of the two evils and hope for some representation for our county and hopefully the citizens will hold him accountable.

Maybe he's mellowed with age :rofl:

• Like 2

I don't care for Bill Heath but have you ever met Bill Carruth? Were you around when he was commissioner? I encourage folks to talk to him about the issues. It doesn't take long to see his arrogance and he is definitely a Paulding County good ole boy. The question is who is the lesser of two evils?....

Well, Carruth was not my first choice, but Heath has ticked me off this time so Carruth will get the vote. Myself, I think Pubby had it backwards, Carruth was the shrill that the Paulding GOP put in the race to pull votes from JK. I think the local machine would be happy with either of them.

So Billy Jo Heath is going to show us all public records of tax liens..hell, he may even pray over them....how exciting :rolleyes:

Here's an idea, Billy Jo, how about you extend an invitation to debate the issues that concern voters. Why don't you give Bill Carruth an opportunity to ask you about the dramatic increase in domestic violence and gay marriage since Sunday sales became legal, as you tearfully (literally) claimed would happen? How about you give Carruth an opportunity for you to explain why you blocked a female genital mutilation bill by tacking on an amendment to kill voluntary female genital piercing? Why don't we allow Bill Carruth to ask you why "In God We Trust" should be required on every GA license plate? How about we talk about how important it is to you for Georgia congressmen to not be capped on gifts from lobbyists despite 75% of the population thinking they should?

This guy is such a sleezebag douche. I mean really, what serious politician thinks that inviting his opponent to discuss whose mud is more true is a better idea than actually debating the issues that affect voters? It's on us, folks, we gotta get this dipcheeze out of office.

mrnn

Edited by mrnn
  • Like 9

So Billy Jo Heath is going to show us all public records of tax liens..hell, he may even pray over them....how exciting :rolleyes:

Here's an idea, Billy Jo, how about you extend an invitation to debate the issues that concern voters. Why don't you give Bill Carruth an opportunity to ask you about the dramatic increase in domestic violence and gay marriage since Sunday sales became legal, as you tearfully (literally) claimed would happen? How about you give Carruth an opportunity for you to explain why you blocked a female genital mutilation bill by tacking on an amendment to kill voluntary female genital piercing? Why don't we allow Bill Carruth to ask you why "In God We Trust" should be required on every GA license plate? How about we talk about how important it is to you for Georgia congressmen to not be capped on gifts from lobbyists despite 75% of the population thinking they should?

This guy is such a sleezebag douche. I mean really, what serious politician thinks that inviting his opponent to discuss whose mud is more true is a better idea than actually debating the issues that affect voters? It's on us, folks, we gotta get this dipcheeze out of office.

mrnn

:clapping: :pardon: :pardon: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :drinks: :yahoo:

Interesting let's see who brings their documents and what they prove!!

Noahsdad:

I'm your huckleberry. Tell Bill Heath to meet me at each of these events and I will bring all the proof that he is a liar, that he said "if given the chance" he would vote against the funding for the Hope Scholarship, that he said we do not need ethics laws for politicians like him, that he supports unlimited gifts from lobbyists, and that he voted for the TSPLOST bill and guided its passage through the state senate as the Governor's floor leader.

Please pass along the challenge. Let's see who the liar is. If Heath does not have the guts, perhaps we could schedule similar debates with you representing the Heath campaign.

Moderator: It is no secret who Pigpen is. I have no problem disclosing my identity and would request that you reinsert my name as originally entered.

Also, edited to clarify that I thought Noahsdad is supporting Heath. If that is not correct, please accept accept my apology but the challenge remains for any Heathen who wishes to participate with the same format suggested by Sen. Heath.

--- Mason Rountree

Edited by Deputy Rafe Hollister
edited to insert identifying name per user's request
  • Like 1

Noahsdad:

I'm your huckleberry. Tell Bill Heath to meet me at each of these events and I will bring all the proof that he is a liar, that he said "if given the chance" he would vote against the funding for the Hope Scholarship, that he said we do not need ethics laws for politicians like him, that he supports unlimited gifts from lobbyists, and that he voted for the TSPLOST bill and guided its passage through the state senate as the Governor's floor leader.

Please pass along the challenge. Let's see who the liar is. If Heath does not have the guts, perhaps we could schedule similar debates with you representing the Heath campaign.

Moderator: It is no secret who Pigpen is. I have no problem disclosing my identity and would request that you reinsert my name as originally entered.

Also, edited to clarify that I thought Noahsdad is supporting Heath. If that is not correct, please accept accept my apology but the challenge remains for any Heathen who wishes to participate with the same format suggested by Sen. Heath.

I don't know who you are......but the listed things are twisted stories and I know there is a whole lot more to them. You are like the news media you film a hour of footage and use two seconds of it to get what you want!! Real cute!! Carruth is very dirty and I have seen his leadership on the local level don't think I want to see it on the State level!! Mr. Heath's number is on the attached document you can call him and issue your challange if you so choose!!

I don't know who you are......but the listed things are twisted stories and I know there is a whole lot more to them. You are like the news media you film a hour of footage and use two seconds of it to get what you want!! Real cute!! Carruth is very dirty and I have seen his leadership on the local level don't think I want to see it on the State level!! Mr. Heath's number is on the attached document you can call him and issue your challange if you so choose!!

And I think it is clear who I support and it is not Corrupt Carruth!!!! :drinks:

• Like 1

Sounds like you are a Heath supporter. How about you bring your documents, etc. to a debate that show what I have stated is "twisted" and "cute". I will certainly bring mine. Perhaps P.com can provide a video of the debate (same rules as Heath suggest) and post on the site to see who is lying. You can name the date and time (provided Pubby or LPPT is available), and I will be there.

Pubby: is that something we could organize?

-Pigpen

Edited by Mason Rountree
  • Like 1

Sounds like you are a Heath supporter. How about you bring your documents, etc. to a debate that show what I have stated is "twisted" and "cute". I will certainly bring mine. Perhaps P.com can provide a video of the debate (same rules as Heath suggest) and post on the site to see who is lying. You can name the date and time (provided Pubby or LPPT is available), and I will be there.

Pubby: is that something we could organize?

-Pigpen

My money's on Pigpen. Either Heath or one of his supporters is in for a butt whoopin'. Unfortunately, it will never happen because Heath is a lying coward who knows that Mr. Rountree would destroy him in a debate.

• Like 1

mrnn

See this is where your going wrong,your messing up things with facts that scr :blink: ews everything up!

Pigpen:

Absolutely.

My main objection to the proposed debate is that the issue in any race with an incumbent is whether he's done the job.

We know a bit about Mr. Carruth, both good and bad. The good is that, for instance, on the issue of water for this area, he took the bull by the horns back in 1999 (I think) and bought the Richland Creek basin at a bargain making yesterday's announcement that GEFA has $29.1 million to begin construction of the reservoir as soon as permits are issued.

We know that despite Noahsdad assertion that he is arrogant, that it was Bill that hired the first round of professional managers for the county departments, moving the county out of from its 'to victor go the spoils' hiring practices. The county made its greatest transition toward professionalism during his administration.

We know that Bill Carruth has some guts and, as a post commissioner, demanded the sheriff seize home inspections when there were questions regarding influence peddling in the issuance of occupancy permits.

Bottom line, Mr. Heath's effort to frame the debate as who has the most or fewest property tax liens is so far from the was this particular race should be framed that it is ridiculous.

This race should be framed on what Mr. Heath has done.

Well, we know that among the first things he did was screw up the West Georgia Regional Water system reservoir project. As I understand it, the money was there and and the project could have proceeded but he refused it ... out of narrowness and spite to the efforts of his predecessor.

Has he done anything else to help get us needed water? NO, nada, nothing ... huh, what's water? Who needs water ... nobody would give him any gifts for water. It is important that we don't limit the size of gifts legislators can legally receive from lobbyists.

What has he done for Paulding or D-31?

The job of legislator in either the house or Senate is to serve the needs and interests of the district, not be a pious person who does nothing.

The issue in this race is what has Bill Heath done in the past eight years? I'm at a loss other than screwing up the car tag system and putting a few bills in the hopper all of which seek to limit the rights of women to control their bodies in unconstitutional ways.

pubby

PS: The tax liens that Heath wants to paint Carruth with come from the fact that Carruth was investing in real estate and building in Paulding and adjacent counties. He was not the only individual to get caught when the bubble burst.

Still, make this observation ... he was doing something! Carruth doesn't sit on his butt, somehow or another, he's out making something happen.

That is the meaningful contrast. Why?

Because Bill Heath does nothing. He is an engineer with an engineering firm that does not engineering because he's not licensed to do engineering. Having inherited some land, I suppose he might grow some trees... oh and he says he represents us but I know that he doesn't represent me.

pubby

So The Galloways Republican Party of Paulding County have decided to end their silent campaigns?

Why didn't they let sheeze for brains tell us her situation?

It is high time we shove the Galloways out of Paulding County politics. I don't really know who they are or where they came from, but they smell like rats.

Carruth can only help Heath by participating in these so called debates. Heath is worried and will be trying ANYTHING in the next three weeks. Hell, he might be down at ChickfilA kissing his boyfriend today if he thought it would get him a couple of votes.

All Carruth needs are the JK Rogers votes to win. Heath is a desperate man. It will be entertaining to see just what he is capable of.

In my opinion Carruth would be a fool to go anywhere near Heath. We all know Heath is a master-debater.

• Like 1

mrnn

Great points. Heath has never cared about anything that effects Paulding. All he offers is extreme talking points and what can personally benefits him. The immoral senator from Breaman's time is up.

Edited by Proud Independent
  • Like 1

So The Galloways Republican Party of Paulding County have decided to end their silent campaigns?

Why didn't they let sheeze for brains tell us her situation?

It is high time we shove the Galloways out of Paulding County politics. I don't really know who they are or where they came from, but they smell like rats.

Carruth can only help Heath by participating in these so called debates. Heath is worried and will be trying ANYTHING in the next three weeks. Hell, he might be down at ChickfilA kissing his boyfriend today if he thought it would get him a couple of votes.

All Carruth needs are the JK Rogers votes to win. Heath is a desperate man. It will be entertaining to see just what he is capable of.

In my opinion Carruth would be a fool to go anywhere near Heath. We all know Heath is a master-debater.

When I vote, I am doing a "write-in" and STILL voting for JK Rogers!

• Like 2

I am so sick of Heath and Carruth, I will be doing the same. Absolutely brilliant!! :clapping:

If by "brilliant" you mean "really bad idea unless you are excited to have Heath reelected" then, yes, by all means, that plan is brilliant. It sucks, but sometimes you need to pick the lesser of two evils.

ETA: Is there even a spot for a write-in in a run-off? I'm not saying there's not, but I kind of doubt it as that defeats the purpose of a run-off.

mrnn

Edited by mrnn
  • Like 2

Why even bother if that's all you can come up with? We have to vote in someone to represent PAULDING county and Rogers is not in the runoff. Sorry you lost, but at least make your vote COUNT!

I would much rather have someone like Carruth represent us instead of someone like Shearin.....or Richardson ..... Or HEATH!

Heath has got to go. Even his home county doesn't support him.

• Like 3

While we're talking about it, can someone explain the district lines to me.

I saw a couple of weeks ago where Pubby mentioned Heath had the district lines re-drawn to cut out Carruth.

My question is this. I'm in the 31st district, Carruth lives less than a mile from me and he's not even in his own district? I'm talking about his house on Paul Aiken.

How can that be? Did Heath literally "draw" his future opponent out of "his" district?

ETA:

And if he had to take up residency at his other house to win at this crooked game of politics, then you do what you gotta do. How can someone just "draw" their future opponent out of the picture?

That's a question I would like to ask Heath at one of his 3-ring dog and pony shows.

• Like 1

Well, Carruth was not my first choice, but Heath has ticked me off this time so Carruth will get the vote. Myself, I think Pubby had it backwards, Carruth was the shrill that the Paulding GOP put in the race to pull votes from JK. I think the local machine would be happy with either of them.

Don't know where you got that idea but it is way off base!

I think Mason needs to talk to Carruth and they can come together to defeat Heath. Mason isnt in the race so if he is fighting Heath it could possible detract from Carruth, but if they work together they could double team Heath with Carruth as the voice.

I am a supporter of new blood and I liked JK, but I am all for anyone that is not Bill Heath.

• Like 1

While we're talking about it, can someone explain the district lines to me.

I saw a couple of weeks ago where Pubby mentioned Heath had the district lines re-drawn to cut out Carruth.

My question is this. I'm in the 31st district, Carruth lives less than a mile from me and he's not even in his own district? I'm talking about his house on Paul Aiken.

How can that be? Did Heath literally "draw" his future opponent out of "his" district?

ETA:

And if he had to take up residency at his other house to win at this crooked game of politics, then you do what you gotta do. How can someone just "draw" their future opponent out of the picture?

That's a question I would like to ask Heath at one of his 3-ring dog and pony shows.

It is not proved and it probably can't be proved.

What is known is that local leaders were lobbying the General Assembly committees tasked with drawing the district lines to give Paulding its own Senate district. Instead the apportionment committee, made up of legislators, didn't draw, for instance, Mr. Hamrick's District out of Paulding and replace it with Haralson voters as that would have put Mr. Hamrick and Mr. Heath in the same district and given Paulding a new 'unknown' state senator.

So, over the objections of Paulding residents, the general assembly wrote the lines as they appear.

That Mr. Carruth had been considering running for the state senate for close to a decade and was expected to make this race, Mr. Heath - whose sole obsession is keeping his seat - obviously had the opportunity to talk to the people actually drawing the lines.

Did he ask to have Carruth drawn out?

All I can say is that if he did, he would not be the only legislator accused of arranging a gig here and a jag there in an effort to avoid a known competitor. Jim Walls (atlantaunfiltered) told me his working on such a story involving at least one other legislator so accused and is highly curious about Mr. Heath's good fortune as well. His evidence on that another legislator is more substantial that what he has on Mr. Heath.

But anyone who has a passion for who done it books and movies knows the role of motive and opportunity ... and with Mr. Heath we have motive and opportunity. It sure turned out for him too.

pubby

I only have one issue in these races and that is economic recovery.

For our state and our economy. We have laws that are allowing us to do things that make our state attractive to companies looking to expand or relocate here.

Our county one of the worst effected by the housing collapse and we have needed help.

We pay state income tax, some of that money is ours to help us when needed.

The dredging of the Savannah harbor is going to be a huge economic driver for our state. The counties and areas that need help growing their economy will be in line to accommodate that growth. Some like our area may need help. Such as the reservoir, roads, infrastructure.

We need someone that will help us with our own money rather than selling their vote to the highest bidder at the state level, which might be a corporation in another county that needs the same things.

Honestly this is the only thing I am looking at, will our state representatives work to make life better for my friends, family and community.

We are between a rock and a hard place with this runoff.

I have a belief that you set a goal and all decisions will then be in line with one thing that goal.

This is the best we can do, I honestly believe that the many business owners that supported Curruth have the goal of economic recovery as a priority.

My money's on Pigpen. Either Heath or one of his supporters is in for a butt whoopin'. Unfortunately, it will never happen because Heath is a lying coward who knows that Mr. Rountree would destroy him in a debate.

I agree and this is something i would love to see I would love to see Mason rip Heath to shreds for all the lies he told on him

Carruth is the lesser of 2 evils so he will get my vote

• Like 1

mrnn

I have just about used up all my positives in this one topic :blush: so you will get a + 1000 from me :clapping:

If by "brilliant" you mean "really bad idea unless you are excited to have Heath reelected" then, yes, by all means, that plan is brilliant. It sucks, but sometimes you need to pick the lesser of two evils.

ETA: Is there even a spot for a write-in in a run-off? I'm not saying there's not, but I kind of doubt it as that defeats the purpose of a run-off.

mrnn

I will NOT cast a vote for a candidate I do not believe in. You may think it's a wasted vote, but at least my conscience will be clear that I did not vote for someone that I think is corrupt or, as you put it, "the lesser of two evils".

The expression, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" comes to mind.

Maybe if people now see that they see their choices are Good ol' boy vs. Good ol' boy, maybe they'll realize that they need to be proactive in their gov't. Maybe if more people did a write-in vote, even if it's for Deputy Dawg, we would get the change we need and want.

My only other choice is to not vote at all and what good does that do?

• Like 1

About as much good as writing in a candidate who was already eliminated from the race by voters 3 days ago.

What are you going to do when there is no option for a write-in candidate? Walk out?

mrnn

I will NOT cast a vote for a candidate I do not believe in. You may think it's a wasted vote, but at least my conscience will be clear that I did not vote for someone that I think is corrupt or, as you put it, "the lesser of two evils".

The expression, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" comes to mind.

Maybe if people now see that they see their choices are Good ol' boy vs. Good ol' boy, maybe they'll realize that they need to be proactive in their gov't. Maybe if more people did a write-in vote, even if it's for Deputy Dawg, we would get the change we need and want.

I am amazed by some folks. They would rather throw away their vote than to make a choice between the candidates offered. Of all the write-in votes that were cast, did even one write-in win? NO.

I am amazed that so many can not tell the difference in a Good ol' boy and a Bad ol' boy (Someone that does absolutly nothing for the citizens or in fact does things to hurt the citizens.)

The only write-in that will have any effect is when the majority of the voters write-in one name that gets 50% + 1 votes.

• Like 1

Wonder if the smart move is a side step?

Yep. If Carruth is smart he will use some of that Paulette Rope-a-Dope. Head down and mouth closed tight.

Carruth has my vote.....GOD, DID I JUST SAY THAT? :blink:

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever put any politician on a pedestal. They are human beings. Some better ... some much better ... than others but the best of them would not earn the accolade that "I believe in them."

However, it is what I believe about them that determines whether they get my vote or not.

Justice:

If I believe they are capable of standing up for justice, I like that about them. I've seen Carruth stand up for justice when he was a post commissioner. I've see Heath demagogue the female mutilation bill in an abject act of injustice.

Action:

This brings to mind the parable of the talents and how one man, very pious and fearful of the Lord, buried his talents and did nothing for fear he might lose them while others, used their talents and risked their loss. I prefer to elect leaders who are not afraid to take risks and can be forgiving of them if the risks they take sometimes backfire. Mr. Heath would never take a risk. Mr. Carruth has the tax liens to prove he takes risks. But then he also has to his credit the purchase of the land for the Richland Creek Reservoir. You may win some and you may lose some but I respect those who take a swing when they're at bat.

Bill Carruth takes stands, takes risks and makes things happen. Bill Heath doesn't do jack. This is NOT a choice of the lesser of two evils; it is a choice of the better leader of two men.

pubby