Paulding.com

Eat more's Appreciation Day

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a damn fast food restaurant that sells fried chicken sandwiches with a pickle, not a warlord killing kids in Africa. If you don't agree with the owner, then don't buy the damn waffle fries and ch

The owners of OPEC kill homosexuals. If you're opposed to that, then don't ge going out buying any of that evil gasoline.

Maybe people are starting to get sick of the politically correct, left wing shove our agenda down their throat mentality.

Posted Images

Maybe people are starting to get sick of the politically correct, left wing shove our agenda down their throat mentality.

Agreed! Its ok to express your views as long as they aren't conservative views

Agreed! Its ok to express your views as long as they aren't conservative views

Exactly!

Also, liberals are incapable of being hateful and intolerant. Just ask them!

And if they know they can't argue a valid point, they'll brush it off and call it a strawman.

I agree 100%.

He has every right to hold whatever view he wants to hold. He has every right to support whatever cause he wishes with ever how much money he wishes. That is up to him.

He can run his business any way he wants as long as it is legal.

But when he advocates putting into law (as we have now) a wholesale discrimination against a class of American citizens based on his religious ideas, that is something that is wrong. It is no different than the Muslims who wish require women to wear the veil because their religion says the veil is "traditional modesty and morality."

I have a problem with anyone wanting to make their religion ideas part of our laws.

And I have the right to not support what I view as institutionalized bigotry that hides behind the name of God.

You are putting words out there that Cathy NEVER said or even implied.

• Like 6

That what they do in the LaLa land these idiots live in.

I don't give a crap what they believe in. I don't care if they are for heterosexuals, gays, lesbians, he'in and he'in, she'in and she'in, hell I don't even care if they are for he'in and BAAAA'in, just keep making those damn chicken sammiches! :lol:

I see it now:

CFA will have another record sale day Friday, The protesters will have the driveways blocked, holding hands and kissing each other A$$. Cops will be called, and arrest will be made. It will be a bigger day than it was today.

What the hell are the gay's mad about anyway? Did someone forget to put a pickle on a sandwich?

• Like 1

That's why it was nuts today at lunch...

To eat his own..

But do not infringe on anyone elses rights.

The pissed me off cause I was set on chick fil a for lunch today....dang

I see it now:

CFA will have another record sale day Friday, The protesters will have the driveways blocked, holding hands and kissing each other A$$. Cops will be called, and arrest will be made. It will be a bigger day than it was today.

What the hell are the gay's mad about anyway? Did someone forget to put a pickle on a sandwich?

:o

Edited by TJB

"Mr. Cathy, defended marriage between a man and a woman and when asked about the company's support of traditional marriage said, "Guilty as charged. We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit."

"Mr. Cathy did not say he would deny someone with a different view than his the right to eat in or work at any of his fast-food restaurants, which would violate the law. He did not say anything hateful about them. He simply expressed a deeply held conviction"

http://www.baltimore...0,2029324.story

No one is claiming that he is discriminating in his restaurants.

Oh, come off it.

Everyone in the world knows he was talking about gay marriage as the main topic.

Even the Chic-Fil-A official press release acknowledged it was about same-sex marriage. My link Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.

Edited by zoocrew

Then I am confused on what everyone is upset about.

His place of business doesn't issue marriage licenses and that is what we're talking about here. It is not what his business does but the policy that hides behind God as an excuse to discriminate and put his religious ideas on the rest of us.

He is supporting the nationwide policy that institutionalizes discrimination against gays by not allowing them the right to marry

His place of business doesn't issue marriage licenses and that is what we're talking about here. It is not what his business does but the policy that hides behind God as an excuse to discriminate and put his religious ideas on the rest of us.

He is supporting the nationwide policy that institutionalizes discrimination against gays by not allowing them the right to marry

Cathy is entitled to speak his mind but the 2 million dollars he donated to anti-gay groups, is what I have a problem with. He's entitled to his opinion but I will not patronize his establishment.

Dan Cathey has the right to say anything he wants provided his statements do not violate the law. To my knowledge, I do not think he said anything illegal whatsoever. I also do not think Mr. Cathey discriminates in hiring or serving members of the gay and lesbian community. It just amazes me how many of the same people who say they want diversity in thought, freedom of speech and individual expression are the very ones who want to ban Chik fil A from college campus locations and cities across America. I guess diversity is fine, as long as you are diverse like they are and agree with them. To paraphrase George Orwell in his book "Animal Farm"........"All diversity and freedom of speech is equal.....some diversity and freedom of speech is more equal than others."

If Mr Cathey's statements offend you, then simply do not patronize his business. If you support his statements, then support his business. If you want good chicken sandwiches, then Chik-fil-A, if not the best, is certainly one of numerous very tasty options which offer them. It is great to live in America where we have freedom of speech AND many good choices.

• Like 3

Dan Cathey has the right to say anything he wants provided his statements do not violate the law. To my knowledge, I do not think he said anything illegal whatsoever. I also do not think Mr. Cathey discriminates in hiring or serving members of the gay and lesbian community. It just amazes me how many of the same people who say they want diversity in thought, freedom of speech and individual expression are the very ones who want to ban Chik fil A from college campus locations and cities across America. I guess diversity is fine, as long as you are diverse like they are and agree with them. To paraphrase George Orwell in his book "Animal Farm"........"All diversity and freedom of speech is equal.....some diversity and freedom of speech is more equal than others."

If Mr Cathey's statements offend you, then simply do not patronize his business. If you support his statements, then support his business. If you want good chicken sandwiches, then Chik-fil-A, if not the best, is certainly one of numerous very tasty options which offer them. It is great to live in America where we have freedom of speech AND many good choices.

And colleges have the right to say no to a Chic-fil-A if they want.

People have the right to not patronize the restaurants.

Zonings that require community cooperation or local legislative workings don't have to allow them their permits.

It's a 2 way street, this freedom thing.

Cathy is entitled to speak his mind but the 2 million dollars he donated to anti-gay groups, is what I have a problem with. He's entitled to his opinion but I will not patronize his establishment.

I'm pretty sure no one will notice. ;)

I don't go there for church or moral values; when I go there (which isn't often), it's for chicken. Plain and simple. 8)

I'm going to start my own religion and call it Saynotochristianityism. In honor of my religion, I will state that Christianity is a sin. I will seek out wealthy atheists to fund and support my views. How long would someone who supported my views, stay in business? Just wondering?

• Like 1

Maybe I am slow, but I still do not understand.

I am not sure what this quote means; "the policy that hides behind God as an excuse to discriminate and put his religious ideas on the rest of us",

Is he not allowed his personal beliefs?

Is he not allowed to state his beliefs and to support those political candidates that have similar beliefs?

Isn't that what we all (well, not all) just did yesterday?

Isn't that what many did by putting signs in their yards and posting on message boards and giving donations to candidates?

My mother has the same beliefs as Cathy, should her work place be picketed, her home?

I am just trying to understand why this makes some people so mad.

Are you saying he doesn't have the right to donate his money where he wishes or you just disagree with where he donated?

Edited by stradial

I'm going to start my own religion and call it Saynotochristianityism. In honor of my religion, I will state that Christianity is a sin. I will seek out wealthy atheists to fund and support my views. How long would someone who supported my views, stay in business? Just wondering?

Go fer it.... You might have a good audience right now! Who knows, maybe you will overtake the big bad Chickferlet with your brilliant take over of the world! :rofl:

Maybe I am slow, but I still do not understand.

I am not sure what this quote means; "the policy that hides behind God as an excuse to discriminate and put his religious ideas on the rest of us",

Is he not allowed his personal beliefs?

Is he not allowed to state his beliefs and to support those political candidates that have similar beliefs?

Isn't that what we all (well, not all) just did yesterday?

Isn't that what many did by putting signs in their yards and posting on message boards and giving donations to candidates?

My mother has the same beliefs as Cathy, should her work place be picketed, her home?

I am just trying to understand why this makes some people so mad.

Because there is a group of people not being treated as first class citizens and Cathy is giving money to causes that actively seeks to keep a class of people from the same rights as everyone else.

He states his rational for the discrimination is that he believes that is what God wants. He is hiding behind God (his version) to justify treating one class of Americans differently than anyone else.

How would you feel if a company gave money to a cause that actively promoted the government to discriminate against you, and then everyone is all giddy about going to that company because they agree with that government policy of discrimination?

Because there is a group of people not being treated as first class citizens and Cathy is giving money to causes that actively seeks to keep a class of people from the same rights as everyone else.

He states his rational for the discrimination is that he believes that is what God wants. He is hiding behind God (his version) to justify treating one class of Americans differently than anyone else.

How would you feel if a company gave money to a cause that actively promoted the government to discriminate against you, and then everyone is all giddy about going to that company because they agree with that government policy of discrimination?

I would first have to buy into the argument that someone is being discriminated against by the goverment.

I have a hard time with that one.

And you and I are not going to resolve that in these posts, it will end up a point and counter point. (no religion, just point and counter point)

Zonings that require community cooperation or local legislative workings don't have to allow them their permits.

Not quite true. Depends on whether the college takes state or federal grants. And denying a zoning notice based on a business' religion is illegal (that IS discrimination).

Now they have every right in the world to bitch about it or not eat there, but that is about all they can do legally.

And so is the freedom of speech when it comes to ideas. They knew Chik Fil A's position from a Christian perspective when they allowed them on campus or in their cities. It is hypocritical for a college or city which speaks of diversity and tolerance to not be diverse and tolerant even when the opinion differs from theirs.

Chik-Fil-A, including the ones on those college campuses and in these cities, gladly accepts gay and lesbian employees and customers even though they may disagree with them on that particular issue. They treat these people equally and no differently than any other. The cities and colleges, on the other hand, dont want to accept Chik-Fil-A because they disagree with the company's position and thats supposed to be ok? So much for acceptance and tolerance.

Chik-Fil-A is doing nothing illegal and they are among the best companies in terms of community cooperation and local legislative workings. So it is OK to deny their permits simply because you disagree with their politics? Really? Better be careful about that because that can cut both ways. If thats the case, however, is it OK also for a city in a very conservative area with a very conservative population to deny permits to an organization because of a liberal view on the part of the company? If that company is doing nothing illegal and is willing to put their capital at risk in an area that is not in step with them politically, then the market, not the permit distributors, should determine whether or not that business is successful in that location. Banning a legal business, even if you disagree with them, is like banning a legal book.....economic, governmentally induced censorship is wrong. Let the market/customer base determine the ultimate viability of a legal business, not some government pinhead. There are businesses I do not agree with either, but if they are not violating the law, then even if I disagree with them, they have a right to be there and I wont try to get them removed. Yep, this freedom of speech thing is definitely a two way street.

• Like 1

Truett Cathy is a good man and stands strong with his values. I have no problem with that.

But, according to his son every person who is not still married to their first wife is a lesser person. And, no I am aware he didn't specifically say that but his implications could not be missed.

I also think it is funny that a LOT of folks are on the CFA payroll who ARE gay and live "in sin" . without the Cathy's having a clue. :lol:

• Like 1

How has he personally treated them different?

Truett Cathy is a good man and stands strong with his values. I have no problem with that.

But, according to his son every person who is not still married to their first wife is a lesser person. And, no I am aware he didn't specifically say that but his implications could not be missed.

I also think it is funny that a LOT of folks are on the CFA payroll who ARE gay and live "in sin" . without the Cathy's having a clue. :lol:

LOL there may be conservative Republicans working for the NAACP.....it cuts across all boundaries lol

Did y'all know that Bojangles has all you can eat chicken and fixins on wed all day.. for 6.99 that is were we ate supper at... and i guess everyone was still at the other chicken place because there was hardly no one there so we picked a good day to go there :pardon:

• Like 1