Paulding.com

WHAT is wrong with these people?

I know that there has been another topic about this, but I have just now seen the commercial for this idiotic show on TLC, Here comes Honey Boo Boo. ARE YOU KIDDING? Who are these crass, uncouth, lewd idiots and why on Gods green earth would you want to have your stupid, ignorant family splashed all over TV in that light or better yet, watch them? I swear TLC has finally gone too far, this is even worse than the goombas and their mothers from New Jersey that was on a few months ago. What are the creators at TLC thinking? This foolish family is offensive on so many levels, I can't believe that ANYONE would watch it, but the scarier part is, is that someone will. :unsure: :wacko: :wacko:

Stereo types exist for a reason.

Hello White Trash Rednecks.

I think those words are too mild to describe these people. Are people like that even real? And where do they live, I want to make sure to avoid them at all costs! They're horrible.

I think those words are too mild to describe these people. Are people like that even real? And where do they live, I want to make sure to avoid them at all costs! They're horrible.

Aren't they from middle GA :unsure:

ETA: McIntyre, GA according to the video.

Edited by Happy Wife And Mom

In the commercial for the show, they seem to be PROUD of the ignorant way they act. I just don't get it. Unfortunately, due to this type of family, the rest of the country thinks ALL Georgians act/talk/live this way! I am embarrassed FOR them.

It's like going to the zoo and watching the animals in their native habitats.

You hit the nail on the head and that's a scary prospect for the future.

Let's just say, I wont be watching. Talk about cringe worthy!

No kidding! I'm going to stop telling people where I'm from.

In the commercial for the show, they seem to be PROUD of the ignorant way they act. I just don't get it. Unfortunately, due to this type of family, the rest of the country thinks ALL Georgians act/talk/live this way! I am embarrassed FOR them.

I know! What person in their right mind would want to be portrayed that way? I guess money really does talk.

Luckily I have a wife who punches me when I get too loud, and inappropriate, in public. It is something that a person does, and needs a little help now and then. Politicians, running for public office, have people who help them out in public. It may be in sign language, or something, but it's there.

Advertising, in one country has to be changed for people in other countries, because it can be offensive. Here, in Paulding county, the same thing exists with the differences in family traditions. You can say something that is not traditional in families around here.

Anyway the list goes on, and nobody is perfect.

Take me, for an example; I rock the boat of tradition, ALL THE TIME.

A friend of mine named Ron White, was in a bar, and got thrown out by bouncers. The police arrested him for being drunk in public. Ron said, "I was drunk in a bar, and got thrown out in public."

Edited by The Postman

No more than everyone thinks people in California are liberal hippy granola crunching freaks...........oh wait.........maybe that's a bad example.

:rofl:

• Like 1

What is wrong with it all is that people will watch so TLC and others will keep paying these people and airing these shows. The ball is in the peoples court. Stop supporting these shows and they will go away.

• Like 1