Paulding.com

Press Release:

Personal Finances – Melissa Morrison

Yes, we have past due personal notes which now have liens against us personally. All our personal and business taxes were paid.

When we shut down Agro Environmental Systems/Surepip Hatchery Equipment after getting stuck by BC Rogers Poultry in Morton Miss for $250,000, in 2000/2001 we sold off various parts of the business, and placed the remaining inventory on consignment with a company in Jacksonville who felt they could sell it, and the balance of machines with another company in Danielsville, Ga.

When the dust settled, using our business line of credit from the bank we had used for 10+ years, we borrowed funds to pay off all our accounts receivable and taxes. This was an annual renewable note which went up and down according to the capital requirements. We paid the interest and reduced the principle by 10% twice a year. As we sold some of the remaining inventory, we paid down the note.

That bank was sold about 4 years ago, and this note was sold to an outside group. They called the note due at the next renewal. There was no way to pay the note off, and they chose to call in our personal guarantee.

In order to keep our lawsuits against the developer and the Paulding Board of Commissioners ongoing because of the senseless tidal wave of litigation tactic they chose to use against us because we were exercising our 1st Amendment right to seek redress against government. After exhausting our savings and spending more than $200,000 to keep the suits alive we borrowed on the value of our “front acreage”, Same bank, same type of note. The new owners called the note due. We were unable to pay.

We could have chosen the bankruptcy route for the business as did my incumbent opponent, leaving almost a million dollars in unpaid creditors, which forced some small business owners out of business.

My husband and I may have liens now still to satisfy with the banks, but we can go to sleep at night knowing we did not force hardships on our suppliers and creditors. We did not force anyone out of business and we paid our taxes.

Our litigation with the BoC is indeed a cry for Justice on behalf of all the citizens of Paulding County. Every county department who was at all involved with what took place when Palisades was developed 2005/2006 failed us, and it was Ben Skipper with Community Development who told us, after acknowledging changing our buffers from 40’ to 25’, that, “If we didn’t like it then sue us”, and we did.

If you have an specific questions please contact me by pm, email, or phone. My website is votemelissamorrison.paulding.com

Press Release:

Personal Finances – Melissa Morrison

Yes, we have past due personal notes which now have liens against us personally. All our personal and business taxes were paid.

When we shut down Agro Environmental Systems/Surepip Hatchery Equipment after getting stuck by BC Rogers Poultry in Morton Missfor $250,000, in 2000/2001 .... snip ...

Dang. that is quite a hit for a small business to take when a customer screws you out of that kind of money. Throw in the down economy at that time (we went into recession immediately after 9/11) and a customer that stiffed you can kill your business.

Given the Paulette's record, I wonder if them folks in Mississippi are kin ...

pubby