Paulding.com

Let's talk about wasteful and extravagant spending

Welcome to P.Comm,since your knew I hope you stick arround after you have an ax to grind. Now I am by far a person that doesn't have much good to say about most elected officials.

How ever Dallas is a nice town that I just lived in for seven years.I enjoyed it,well managed and very clean. The police force was very active. The services that they provided was top notch,so at Christmas time there could be no better town to live in.Maybe some people are just haitin on it. So Boyd has done a great job,give him his just credit.

Now as far as our county goes it has progressed,David Austin has done well under the tough economy.That new hospital just didn't get there without help. So I am expecting some good development in the next 4 years. So he was the best choice this past election,Imagine if that other guy won?:blush:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope that you are ready for this.....   The sidewalk to nowhere The fountain on the Square The New Courthouse The Airport Several NEW parks New Library     What we needed was.............

Where does the stimulus money come from? Didn't it come from the taxpayers, or was that the money that the government just printed for the heck of it

Not to disrespect you LPPT, I know that you mean well. But I STILL consider all that I said to be true. In respect to the jobs added...I don't buy it, sorry.

Nope, they cannot do that at all.

If the grant is received for a specific project like a downtown beatification project with a fountain and sidewalks, it can only be used for that project. It will NEVER go back into the city general fund, it will go back to the grant provider.

He didn't say that it would go back in to the general fund of the city.

He said it would go back to the general fund... IE: the fund from which it originally came.

You want the city or county to spend money in an area where the businesses wouldn't put a dime back into buildings no matter how much they made.

Take a look around next time you drive through there. Very few of those businesses care about their appearance. Many are not open to the public so the facade is not important.

The city and county can not force people to maintain a building. The roads and sewer through there come under the jurisdiction of the local GOV and they seem well maintained to me.

The facts are the facts on grants, why attack people for telling you how it is. Go yell at your congressman.

Oh yes they can force them. It is called "CODE ENFORCEMENT:Condemnation. Look at Lowell Rakestraw's place in Hiram, Hiram condemned his place and Paulding/Dallas could do the sameat West Memorial. If the county got off their butts and threaten to take them to court they would improve it or tear it down I have vacant lots in Macon Georgia, if I do not maintain them(keep the grass cut/ trees trimmed) then I will get a letter from Code Enforcement and taken to court. Atlanta is the same way. Paulding goverment is choosing not to enforce it. Here is a idea for officials. Send Code Enforcement letters giving them 30 Days to clean it up. If the building is in ruins then they need to get it up to code, if the property owners do the improvements then they have improved thier street and property, which the tax assessors will see the improvement, if they do not fix it then it needs to be condemned or taken to court. Just sayin'

I love how Jamie Gilbert chimed in with his worthless comments. His whole department is a prime example of wasteful spending. He has not 'created' one single job for this county. Businesses do not want to come here because we do not have the infrastructure to support them. You can argue that his department gets paid by the IBA or another made up entity but County man hours and equipment go into that whiny little stump of a man on a daily basis with NOTHING to show for it.

W have no interstate, we have no water, we barely have fiber. The interstate is no fault of the county but the other two need to be at the TOP of the list if we are ever going to attract any type of business growth in this county other than a bunch of strip malls.

I think the only thing that is going right is the new Hospital. Hopefully that will have a Kennestone effect and pharmacies and doctors offices will start developing in that area. Im sure you will hear from our 'leaders' that they had a lot to do with it... not.

Speaking of wasting money, your perspective must come from not being qualified for one of the new jobs.

I love the way you think Paulding has nothing going for it. We need to just throw in the towel.

I love the forward momentum, people that are working hard are finally having some hope.

I do have to wonder why you would insult Jamie, he works endlessly to attract business here. He does not create jobs, businesses create jobs. They all need a location to produce, we have a location for them and plenty of well educated and motivated people willing to work for them.

You sound like sour grapes to me.

Of course leaders have a lot to do with our growth. They could refuse to do anything but pay people to maintain everything the taxpayer owns and refuse to do any of the things that we are seeing, with water, fiber optic and infrastructure.

I tell you what is wasteful spending is running infrastructure to commercially zoned areas with sub par buildings and and the capacity to only generate minimum wage jobs.

I know some folks involved in that type of development will miss the good ole days.

It is really sad that LPPT attacked the previous poster because he did not agree with her.

She said basically the same thing to me.....That I must be bitter because I am "not qualified" for one of the many many jobs that our County supposedly has coming to it.

When the jobs get here..........then let us know.

Right now it just sounds like Obama bullcrap that there are shovel ready jobs available.

When they arrive.......inform us.

NO...I do NOT need a job but I will pass the info along to those who do.

• Like 1

It is really sad that LPPT attacked the previous poster because he did not agree with her.

She said basically the same thing to me.....That I must be bitter because I am "not qualified" for one of the many many jobs that our County supposedly has coming to it.

When the jobs get here..........then let us know.

Right now it just sounds like Obama bullcrap that there are shovel ready jobs available.

When they arrive.......inform us.

NO...I do NOT need a job but I will pass the info along to those who do.

Let me explain my issues here, industrial economic development is does not create jobs. Companies create the jobs. There is no local get rich quick through favoritism in it. There are no big real estate deals, no favored local developers or even construction companies. These are existing companies looking to expand their operations somewhere in the united states. They deal with the best when it comes to developers and they choose construction companies, it is all based on the reputation to do the best job. Some locals will get construction work, but it will be based on merit.

Many of those that have issue with are those that have always gotten the bones thrown their way. It is a different ball game, that many don't like. These companies can't be told who to hire to do anything in this county.

The companies will come, they will buy or lease land based on their needs,they will choose the builders the employees and the services and providers here.

It galls some folks that someone is being paid to bring in outsiders and not dealing behind the scenes to get the right folks the right jobs. Just like in the real world instead of the good ole boy world folks are going to have to play by the rules of merit. Jamie Gilbert has proven his abilities in other areas and is performing well in less than a year, if he weren't there would be no griping to get rid of him and replace him with someone that plays by the old hand washing rules. Many of the small businesses in the county are thrilled with the job he is doing. Granted most of them are not looking to profit in land and construction development.

It blows my mind every time you compare economic development to Obama's shovel ready stimulus. They are not even close to the same thing. Before Jamie came along, I doubt more than 2 or 3 large companies even looked at Paulding and if they did they could not have found the information they needed to even consider relocation here.

I doubt we had a data base anywhere in the county that would show all the land suitable for industrial building, I can promise you these companies won't spend a month gathering this information, when thousands of counties have made it available for just this purpose.

Were in the game now, we are basically a newcomer to economic development, with all the companies looking now, we are bound to hit a few home runs. Before we weren't even in the game.

The surrounding counties where most of our residents work, at well paying jobs by the way have economic development.

It is beyond me why anyone would have any issues with economic development, every one that lives here will see the benefits.

Ok LPPT, I agree with you to a point.

But please...........stop belittling people who do not share your beliefs by saying condescending things to us.

I do need to stop doing that, it was upsetting to me that economic development was a target in the election and continues to be under attack. I can't understand the attack on it. It makes no sense because we all benefit eventually. We have gotten great results from it considering we have not even had it a year.

It took a long time to put together just the information and data base for companies to look at. The applications to the state to offer tax abatement and opportunity zones for existing business. Jamie has put a lot together in a short period of time.

He really cares about Paulding and he takes it to heart that the small business owners need the help that these companies will bring to the county.

So yeah I get pretty defensive on both fronts, first as a small business owner and secondly as friend of Jamie's. He has taken out the time to explain everything he does and why to me. He is one of the most positive, hardest working people I have ever known. He has the credentials to do the job and has a lot of successes in this area before he came to us.

Airport, it is from a fee on a ticket to ride the airplane. So if you rode the airplane you paid some for the airport. For those that have not flown, you did not pay. LPPT will have to verify, and other counties are just waiting on FAA money. So we have it and get over it.

I doubt we had a data base anywhere in the county that would show all the land suitable for industrial building, I can promise you these companies won't spend a month gathering this information, when thousands of counties have made it available for just this purpose.

Well, you'd be wrong on that. The county has a very extensive GIS database with just about any way of querying that database possible.

Paulding GIS has fly-overs done and compiles the data and it's added too and over-laid by all the departments, fire, sheriff, tax assessors, water, dot, etc.

They constantly supply GIS maps and data to prospective businesses and other entities.

The Paulding GIS dept is actually one of the best around and often are asked for their data.

We will never benefit from the Economic Development department. Either a company wants to move to Paulding because of what we offer or it doesn't. No amount of spineless drool from an overpaid troll will convince them we are any more attractive than we truly are.

As for not being qualified. I am highly skilled and have a very good job with over 30 years of experience at what I do. You on the other hand are the worst excuse for a 'credible news reporter' that I have ever heard. All of Paulding.com is biased by whoever you can whore into spending money on advertisements with them. People like you are what’s wrong with this county and society as a whole.

:angry:

• Like 2

We will never benefit from the Economic Development department. Either a company wants to move to Paulding because of what we offer or it doesn't. No amount of spineless drool from an overpaid troll will convince them we are any more attractive than we truly are.

As for not being qualified. I am highly skilled and have a very good job with over 30 years of experience at what I do. You on the other hand are the worst excuse for a 'credible news reporter' that I have ever heard. All of Paulding.com is biased by whoever you can whore into spending money on advertisements with them. People like you are what’s wrong with this county and society as a whole.

I don't appreciate being called a whore. You are the troll, coming on here talking about how terrible paulding county is, insulting Jamie. You have an ax to grind with us and the county. This country sure could use a lot more positive people just like you. As far as society goes you are very much a shining example of social skills, were those the ones you were referring to having for 30 years?

After reading this post, I'm guessing, based on my past experiences with customer (no) service reps, that you must have put your 30 years in that job.

Either customer (no) service or in telemarketing or in collections.

Those people always seem to get real mad when things do not go the way they want them to.

Sort of like my 3 year old grandkid does.

I can assure you that my skills have gotten me further in life than yours ever will.

I If you don't appreciate it then don't act like it. You started this thread about wasteful spending so what did you expect to hear? Everyone talking about rainbows and rose gardens? Wake up. Read the comments.. I never said that Paulding County was terrible. I only focused on ONE department out of the SEVERAL that could be noted. I live here. I raise a family here and I am a productive member of this county and my country. I like living here and want to continue to do so but if the madness does not stop then I can see people like myself pulling up and moving to a county that has more to offer and leadership that can improve the quality of life for me and my neighbors.

I don't have an axe to grind with Pcom. You are not relevant enough to waste my time on. You simply asked a question and I answered it. Get over yourself.

I can assure you that my skills have gotten me further in life than yours ever will.

I If you don't appreciate it then don't act like it. You started this thread about wasteful spending so what did you expect to hear? Everyone talking about rainbows and rose gardens? Wake up. Read the comments.. I never said that Paulding County was terrible. I only focused on ONE department out of the SEVERAL that could be noted. I live here. I raise a family here and I am a productive member of this county and my country. I like living here and want to continue to do so but if the madness does not stop then I can see people like myself pulling up and moving to a county that has more to offer and leadership that can improve the quality of life for me and my neighbors.

I don't have an axe to grind with Pcom. You are not relevant enough to waste my time on. You simply asked a question and I answered it. Get over yourself.

Prick.

After reading this post, I'm guessing, based on my past experiences with customer (no) service reps, that you must have put your 30 years in that job.

Either customer (no) service or in telemarketing or in collections.

Those people always seem to get real mad when things do not go the way they want them to.

Sort of like my 3 year old grandkid does.

Nope. Not even close. I'm not a liberal either. They are the only ones that cry when things don't go their way. I just want the County to man up and stop walking around with their chest pumped out like they are the biggest cock on the block and get to work and use our tax dollars with common sense.

Prick.

Thank you! :)

Nope. Not even close. I'm not a liberal either. They are the only ones that cry when things don't go their way. I just want the County to man up and stop walking around with their chest pumped out like they are the biggest cock on the block and get to work and use our tax dollars with common sense.

Always remember to ask if the customer would like to Super Size those fries.

Aww, heck what I am doing telling you that, after 30 years you have that down pat.

But I do agree that more common sense would be helpful.

I think you need to just keep on talkin so folks can see the type of person and supporters they almost ended up with representing them.

Let me see if I can guess the real department you have issues with hmmmmm.

I will let you start with being blunt instead of insulting. Go ahead put it out there. I can do blunt, why don't you tell the big bad p.com folks all about it.

Plenty of folks have skills, it doesn't mean anyone owes you a job.

As for not being qualified. I am highly skilled and have a very good job with over 30 years of experience at what I do. You on the other hand are the worst excuse for a 'credible news reporter' that I have ever heard. All of Paulding.com is biased by whoever you can whore into spending money on advertisements with them. People like you are what's wrong with this county and society as a whole.

Wow!! It's rare someone proves so easily that they are quite an a$$hole but you did it with your little rant. Seems mommy didn't give you enough attention or weened you off a little too quickly. I'm sure you would never say the things you did to LPPT's face, especially if her fromer body building husband was there, and I suspect Jamie Gilbert could take you out as well Mr. Keyboard Super Hero. You really should consider changing your avatar to Ace and Gary, it's so much more appropriate.

40041534_384x288_generated.jpg

• Like 1