Paulding.com

Things that bother you

I hate going to a restroom and the toilet paper dispenser doesn't work well. You know it tears off the sheets too soon or you can't turn it.

Next they stuff the napkin dispenser so tight,you can't get a napkin out without tearing it. So I will stop there,now tell us your pet pieves.:angry:

• Like 2
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have so many its not funny.     Most of them begin with people. Stupid people. Most people are stupid.  

Mine is someone using wrong grammar. Like saying "seen" when it should be "saw". Or "knowed" when it should be "knew". And on and on. And yes I do say "ain't" sometimes. Lol

People who have a personal story for everything. You could ask a question about the worlds most obscure disease and you can bet someone they know has had it.      

The only thing that irked me the other day was the jackass that ran the stop sign at Ace hardware and almost took my frontend off. Other than that, nothing has phased me since I've been sleeping most of the day and night.

Walking in the kitchen and finding my husband has set his empty beer bottle on the counter close to the fridge when it would have been closer for him to throw it in the garbage can.

Walking in the kitchen and finding dirty dishes on the counter near the stove and not the counter on the other side of the kitchen, near the dishwasher.

Napkin dispensers that are too loosely packed so that when you try to take ONE napkin you get a dozen. On the floor.

Going to the grocery store and wanting one particular item, like sugar free fudgecicles, only to find there are PLENTY in banana flavor but not a single package of chocolate. Or worse yet, seeing that there is no place for the chocolate ones anymore.

Getting a half mile down the road and realizing I don't have on my baseball cap. That's not too bad unless we're in the convertible.

Having printed out two dozen pages and running out of paper in the printer when you have ONE MORE PAGE to print. :angry:

Anything that clinks,rattles,ticks,clicks,clanks or any sound like that, from objects in my car. MAKES ME CRAZY. For instance- aluminum soda can ( empty ) rattling in the cupholder against 3 or 4 quarters that underneath it- OMG. I Have been known to toss said object over my shoulder, into the back of the car, without even taking my eyes off of the road, just to stop the sound.

Mine is an age old philosophical question around my house known as the three sip wonder. You see we buy can cokes a lot and have three kids. Each take a coke/whatever flavor then take at least three sips the sit the can down and walk away. It confounds me to no end. What a waste. If you got a can you had to be thirsty. Why not finish the drink? Instead they leave the drink to go flat or something even worse happens I call Liquid Marlboro. You see my wie smokes and when she finds these cans in goes the cigarette. I being the responsible one go behind these children and finish off the drinks before they go flat. I have to be very careful though because one time I gulped down liquid ash and filter. Now I must carefully sniff each drink to avoid hazard. If you can explain the three sip wonder I would appreciate it.

PS We do on occasion by the 2 Liter drinks but that will also leave cups of unfinished drink.

PSS Also whats you opinion on milk, my daughter thinks its a soft drink and I say it should be eaten with cereal. at nearly $4 dollars a jug I like to make it stretch for breakfast.

My biggest pet peeve is people that walk around in their own little world with no regard for others. They don't understand that my time is just as valuable as theirs or that my task to complete means as much to me as theirs does to them. Be aware of where you are and what you are doing, and know that you do not walk around in a bubble. Prime example would be when the kids get off the bus at the front of the neighborhood and walk in a herd down the middle of the street blocking the flow of traffic. We don't all have to walk side by side.

Occasionally, a behemoth truck will park next to my car.

When backing out of a parking space in this case, i CANNOT SEE if anything is coming so I back out VERY SLOWLY because no one stops to let anyone out anymore.

People putting their kids on the counter at fast food places while they are waiting on their order.

• Like 2

I am hardly ever bothered by small things, life is just to short.

There is one thing and I don't think it is small but it makes me very angry.

When the lead cars or even further back sitting at a light not paying attention.

The goal of driving is to get somewhere, these people can't seem to care less about anyone getting where they are going. A light cycle that is timed to allow say 15 cars make a left turn and only 7 make it because the front car is daydreaming, and to me not the least bit concerned if others are going to make the light. They know they are going to make it and take their sweet time.

I take Macland most of the time to remove my temptation to use the suburban like a bulldozer on these people :angry:

Go to Aldi. It's $1.99 a gallon there. :good:

PSS Also whats you opinion on milk, my daughter thinks its a soft drink and I say it should be eaten with cereal. at nearly $4 dollars a jug I like to make it stretch for breakfast.

Several years ago at a church dinner we played a game where we had to repeat what the person ahead of us said. The point was to show how rumors can be wildly different than what was originally said. Anyway, the first person said "seen" instead of "saw". Everyone said it that way until it got to me. I just couldn't bring myself to say that. So, I used proper grammar. Then everyone else after me did as well. The thing that bothered me the most about it was the person who started the game and said "seen" instead of "saw" to start with was someone who should have known better--a business executive whom I would have thought had at least gone to college and learned grammar. Heck, I learned that back in elementary school!

And yes, I say "ain't" sometimes, too. But you won't catch me saying "seen" for "saw". If you do, take me to the hospital because there will be something bad wrong with me.

I have seen college graduates say "seen", too. Makes me question their diploma.

Mine is someone using wrong grammar. Like saying "seen" when it should be "saw". Or "knowed" when it should be "knew". And on and on. And yes I do say "ain't" sometimes. Lol

• Like 1

Good advice, I just can't help it.

That advice does not hold true for me living on 61 north. I often have to go above the speed limit at night when I have a tailgater, it has saved my life more than once when deer have run out in front of me and I have had to slam on the brakes.

Had I not sped up to give them some room, when I slammed on the brakes they would have plowed me into a ditch or oncoming traffic.

I also have a fear of being rear-ended after a drunk driver hit me in the middle of the day on 278 doing about 70.

I never tail gate, it is a stupid behavior indulged in by people that don't know how to drive.

I don't like it when the person in front of me on the freeway on-ramp is driving very, very slowly. I have to merge with traffic traveling anywhere from 55 to 75 MPH and I'm going to get run over. I also don't like it when drivers travel in the far right lane and don't speed up or slow down to let traffic entering the freeway merge properly.

As I grow older, I don't get agitated very often (life is too short). But I do have a few pet peeves.

"axe" instead of ask (mentioned before)

"birfday" instead of birthday

when the stapler runs out of staples

when the grocery store asks me to scan my own wine because the clerk is too young (I usually refuse)

poor manners

disrespect to anyone

judgmental people (hope I spelled that correctly)

1. Not being able to afford school shoes for my 8 year old because of the endless list of supplies I had to buy for the "classroom supply".

2. Watching my husband hobble across a parking lot because all the handicap spaces are taken by cars with no permit.

3. Incompentent people who are unable to flush a public toilet.

4. Most insurance and cable commercials.

Wow, that actually made me feel better :)

Two drivers moving side-by-side at the same speed (typically right at or below speed limit) occupying both lanes and not allowing anyone to pass.

TV on when I'm trying to sleep...not only does it make it more difficult for me to doze off but I will typically end up dreaming about whatever is on TV which, depending on the channel, can really suck.

Inconsiderate people....though this is obviously a general statement, an example would be at the grocery store when folks stop to chit-chat and are blocking the freaking aisle.

Kids taking the last of some food I was looking forward to eating.

The whole "duck face" thing that the younger girls do nowadays for every picture.

Folks making completely uninformed, hyperbolic pronouncements whether they be political, religious, or just a general idiotic thing to say...."this drought is just as bad as the 1930's..we're going to have another Dust Bowl". No, we're not. We're not even remotely close to being in the same situation as farmers were in in the 1930's and, no, Obama's policies aren't making the drought worse.

Grown people who feed off of drama.

mrnn

People who cut me off or try to pull into the turn lane at the last second. (I've been known to give them a bump or a tap)

People who use 'sell' or 'sale' incorrectly. Something is for sale, and you can sell something.

People who you try to help and they show their ass.

And stupid people, and are too stupid to realize they are stupid.

Edited by i_have3dogs

Or, 'I 'done' that yesterday'. Makes me crazy!

Several years ago at a church dinner we played a game where we had to repeat what the person ahead of us said. The point was to show how rumors can be wildly different than what was originally said. Anyway, the first person said "seen" instead of "saw". Everyone said it that way until it got to me. I just couldn't bring myself to say that. So, I used proper grammar. Then everyone else after me did as well. The thing that bothered me the most about it was the person who started the game and said "seen" instead of "saw" to start with was someone who should have known better--a business executive whom I would have thought had at least gone to college and learned grammar. Heck, I learned that back in elementary school!

And yes, I say "ain't" sometimes, too. But you won't catch me saying "seen" for "saw". If you do, take me to the hospital because there will be something bad wrong with me.

I have seen college graduates say "seen", too. Makes me question their diploma.

Did it ever occur to you that was one of the 'tells' inserted? ... to see if the story told would retain the improper grammer.

Notably, it would have been a lot more embarrassing if it had started with proper grammar and ended with the grammatical faux pas.

pubby

Trying to tell someone something and feeling like you are just getting on their nerves.

Or when your simple presence seems to just get on someone's nerves.

I seem to be really good at these two.

BS!! I'll bet nobody feels that way about you.

It bothers me when my husband faces me while we're sleeping. I don't mind as long as I'm facing the other way, But we cant be facing each other. It's so weird, I know.

Pet peeve is for people who complain here about everyone else. Don't you people realize that there are people that have no clue what is happening, where they are and even don't relly give a darn about you or anyone else. Take the stop sign runners, the grocery store aisle shoppers, the stay in the left laners, park anywhere they want drivers and not to forget the four-way stop people who are texting, on the phone are just day dreaming and not paying attention or don't have a clue. I have learned to just take a deep breath and say a little prayer for these IDIOTS!

It bothers me when my husband faces me while we're sleeping. I don't mind as long as I'm facing the other way, But we cant be facing each other. It's so weird, I know.

Are you kidding?!?!?! Me too!!! Weirdness abounds!!!!!! :lol:

You might be surprised.

not being able to tag people in posts on pcom.

:rofl: i was thinking the same thing the other day... I tried to tag someone and whoa and behold it did not work :rofl:

Tags!

Tickley, dangling tags.

Itchy scratchy tags.

Rough, chew through your skin, tags

Tags sewn in with thread that you could catch a 10 pound fish with.

Tags that they hide in the side of shirt that keep scratching and tickling.

They even have tags that have an extra button sewn on them.