Paulding.com

Migraine people?

I've found coupons for it on the manufacturers site before....also, some of the drug stores have discount cards for people with out insurance.....I know CVS does and I think Walgreens does.....Shaw Pharmacy over by Due West in Cobb used to have some type of assistance things also. I take the pill form and mine was $12 for 1 pill.

Where is the cheapest place in Paulding to get Imitrex filled.No insurance...

It does come in generic. Switched from imitrex to zomig, less side effects but copay on zomig went from 20 to 90.00. So went back to imitrex. How often do you have to take it?

Edited by ree

The problem I was having was nausea and vomiting so any pills I'd take would be tossed back up. Those pills are too expensive to have that happen. I tried Zomig (I think that is the nasal one) and didn't like using it. I found out Maxalt has a 5mg sub lingual pill and that has been my go to migraine med ever since! They are still expensive though. I was only able to afford 3 of them last time I got a refill. I only need to take them when I feel a migraine coming on.

Edited by iwunderu

Midrin....

Suggestion....I take Midrin every 30-45 min. until the migraine is gone. And then daily about 30 min before the expected daily migraine, even if I don't get one. It works great to break the cycle of migraines.

This has worked for me and my brother.

My other brother has to take the shots and although they work. His bones are getting brittle from the shots. I will stick with the Midrin and I am thankful they work for me too.

Good luck.

Yep. Topomax worked best for me too and it is also an appetite surpressant. I dont need it anymore because I divorced my "migraine".8)

I don't know about that, all I know it makes m sleep all day and night.

The Imitrex injunctions are awesome!! Self inject syringes and relief starts in minutes. I don't know why anyone would say they hurt, they don't hurt any more than any other shot.

Insurance covers mine - I can't help with cost.

I've been in that situation many many times. I have to keep Imitrex on hand! My doctor would always give me samples. A few years ago a product called Treximet was put on the market. It is sumatriptan (main ingredient in imitrex) and naproxen. My doctor office kept samples of it and would give it to me any time I needed it. Good luck. I know how it is to not be able to afford that miracle pill. Check with the doctors office.

The Imitrex injunctions are awesome!! Self inject syringes and relief starts in minutes. I don't know why anyone would say they hurt, they don't hurt any more than any other shot.

I agree i take the shots also have the pills... the shots are more like a prick in the skin, like you would do if you were testing your sugar level I take the pill if i feel a migraine coming on and i am not at home. if i am at home i take the shot and lay down and it is gone in no time. always try to lay down after taking migraine meds.. in a dark room.

I don't know anything about Imitrex since I can't take it but my neuro gives me Relpax to take if my daily meds, Excedrin, and Tylenol/Ibuprofen don't work. I can only get four a month so I have to make them last. I have to take two Percocets and a Phenegran if I have a full blown migraine and hope that works, if not, off to the ER. :( I take Topamax, Celexa, and Neurontin daily and get Botox injections every 3 mos for my migraines. I have complex partial migraines and ice pick migraines.

I dont know where you take yours,but they wanted to give his in the back of the neck.

Got 9 pills today a Costo in Kennesaw for 22.00.

That is without a membership.

I dont know where you take yours,but they wanted to give his in the back of the neck.

Got 9 pills today a Costo in Kennesaw for 22.00.

That is without a membership.

My doc told me to do it in the upper outside part of my arm in the soft spot just before you get to the shoulder (and it works like a charm). It has never been suggested that I take it at the back of the neck so I don't know how that feels.

Where is the cheapest place in Paulding to get Imitrex filled.No insurance...

I don't know. Funny how Pcom works. You axe a question and get a bunch of posts that have nothing to do with the op's question. Just opinions and only 2 answers. Love it.

Excedrine Migraine

It was pulled off the market earlier this year because of possible contamination issues. I'm not sure that it's back on the shelves yet. However, I have used it in the past when I was in the early stages of a migraine and it did help at times. Sometimes it didn't.

I don't know. Funny how Pcom works. You axe a question and get a bunch of posts that have nothing to do with the op's question. Just opinions and only 2 answers. Love it.

I saw rabbits being rabbits today, and I once saw a tall midget.