• City of Dallas
    • North Paulding
    • South Paulding
    • West Paulding
    • East Paulding
    • In a neighboring county
    • In GA, but not in the areas listed above
    • Outside the state of Georgia.

I'm just curious, I'm not a native of Paulding, or even a native of Georgia, so I'm not familiar with a lot of the areas of the county that get mentioned on p.com. So I was wondering where the posters that post here actually live.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I live in a state of confusion.

It's funny how the native Pauldinians or Pauldingites tend to drop family names when you're talking to them. It means nothing to us new comers

Same way if you had a site like this in your hometown you would mention names Some other folks on this site know whom the family memebers of which we speak or locations

I live in South Paulding and Love it. I like the privacy and I am far enough from west cobb where I grew up (to feel like I moved away), but close enough to where I still am close to my family.

Even though they say I moved to Alabama.

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

I live in extreme southwest Cobb, between Powder Springs and Austell, near the rail yard. I'm as close to Hiram as I am to Austell (by a few feet and talking about "downtown" not city limits). I can go about a mile and a half and be in Douglas or go a different direction about a mile and a half and be in Paulding. I think I live within shouting distance to RhondaW. :drinks:

I've been here for 33 1/2 years having moved from Mableton where I lived for nine months after getting married. I grew up in Smyrna, on land my grandfather had purchased in 1917. I was born at Kennestone Hospital when it was a fairly new hospital. I have never lived in any other county than Cobb though I hope to change that by year's end.

• Like 1

I live in South Paulding, I like it here even though we don't have any family here. I am from Savannah and DH is from Daytona Beach Fl. We moved to Marietta in 1993 and to Hiram in 1999. My family is in the Savannah area and DH's is still in the DB area. Only my DD was born here, Kennestone Women's Center and DS was born in Rincon Ga. (near Savannah).

• Like 1

I lived in Hiram for 12 years 2 years ago I moved to Liverpool England. But still love me some Paulding.com

I have a friend in an online mom's group that lives in Liverpool :) Sorry I didn't include an outside the US category :)

I live on John Walraven Road, just off of Old Cartersville Highway. We are in the Dallas Malitia District. We moved here June of 1956 from Cartersville. My ancestors have owned this property or the adjoining properties since 1832.

I live in South Paulding, I like it here even though we don't have any family here. I am from Savannah and DH is from Daytona Beach Fl. We moved to Marietta in 1993 and to Hiram in 1999. My family is in the Savannah area and DH's is still in the DB area. Only my DD was born here, Kennestone Women's Center and DS was born in Rincon Ga. (near Savannah).

At least you have an excuse to go to Savannah. I love it there :)

• Like 1

I grew up in yorkville on my great grandfathers home place, my parents still live there. My mama is from Burnt Hickory my great great grandfather was Judge Sligh, my family had the Sligh pottery house in burnt hickory made some very nice pottery pieces that are still being circulated today. The pottery house was across from the Elementary, Middle and High Schools in Burnt Hickory.

My daddys mama was from White Oak off Buchanan hwy my great great great grandparents was the first to be buried in the old White Oak Springs Cemetery Hamon and Nancy Roberts. I have my great great grandfather Moses Bartow Robert's will stating the division of his assets it is very interesting how they divided his estate!

I live in Buchanan but rest of the family live on The Ridge. Dating you always had to ask who the persons parents were and their grandparents name due to the fact everybody on The Ridge is related some form of fashion. So I had married a man from Smyrna.

It's funny how the native Pauldinians or Pauldingites tend to drop family names when you're talking to them. It means nothing to us new comers :)

Same way if you had a site like this in your hometown you would mention names :) Some other folks on this site know whom the family memebers of which we speak or locations :good:

• Like 4

Same way if you had a site like this in your hometown you would mention names :) Some other folks on this site know whom the family memebers of which we speak or locations :good:

I didn't mean it as an insult, just funny when people tell me who they're "people" are. Where I'm from its not a topic of conversation as to who your family is.

• Like 2

I live in Buchanan but rest of the family live on The Ridge. Dating you always had to ask who the persons parents were and their grandparents name due to the fact everybody on The Ridge is related some form of fashion. So I had married a man from Smyrna.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ain't that the truth! I am related to 50% of the people that lived between Dallas and the Etowah River in 1920. So my three wives were from South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nebraska. :lol:

I didn't mean it as an insult, just funny when people tell me who they're "people" are. Where I'm from its not a topic of conversation as to who your family is.

True...but much older folks are more informative, and like to tell their history. I hear it day in and day out and it does not bother me but I do know some folks that are not from here don't give a rats ass.

I understand. Truly.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ain't that the truth! I am related to 50% of the people that lived between Dallas and the Etowah River in 1920. So my three wives were from South Carolina, New Hampshire and Nebraska. :lol:

You went really far! Did you do advertise for a wife?

j/k

;)

I live close to the Pcom office which used to be on the Dallas Square but now is about a two miles east on Merchants Drive.

The shortest route to the office from home involves one stop light, five stop signs and also requires I stop for trains if they are present. That commute is three miles. If I use the railroad bridge (on 61 behind Chatt Tech) the commute balloons to 3.7 miles and includes five stop lights but only two stop signs.

pubby

At least you have an excuse to go to Savannah. I love it there :)

I just loved River Street, CE!

Everything was so old, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency, on River Street, a couple years back. City Hall, and the old Cotton Exchange area, was very interesting. We stared for three days.

im stuck next to the god awful traffic of paulding co high school.

Out past Rose's store(Big Chicken of Paulding County)towards Buchanan.

Is that near Draketown, gfh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to sit on a bench with my Grandpa Weaver in front of this Haralson County building.

From 1946 to about 1950.

My cousin, Robert T. Weaver has his Law Office in my Uncle's old house.

Edited by The Postman

I needed an option for North-East Paulding. I live on Due-West Road in New Hope which is more the Northeast Corner.

nah you are new hope east paulding area Raider country :yahoo:

I needed an option for North-East Paulding. I live on Due-West Road in New Hope which is more the Northeast Corner.

Always a critic in the bunch :) If I knew all the little areas of the county I could have made a more accurate poll