Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
ptc5788

Anyone put up an antenna in their house?

I need suggestions on what to buy I have bought three and none pick up more than one channel. I live on Hiram Sudie Rd. S.

Helpful antenna website including directional info

If you are using rabbit-ears or other indoor type antennas, forget it. You're going to need more than that. Trust me.

I have an older outdoor antenna mounted 12-14 feet above my roofline and in winter it picks up pretty much all local channels - but in summer when the leaves are on the trees it's hit & miss on some channels, esp when it rains or storms.

I'm about 30 miles further from Atlanta than you are, though, and I have some interference from trees as well. I watch very little TV, so it's not a big deal one way or the other to me.

Good luck.

Edited by rednekkhikkchikk

I need suggestions on what to buy I have bought three and none pick up more than one channel. I live on Hiram Sudie Rd. S.

I've been thinking about buying an antenna for a while. Here's a thread where I asked about which antenna was best for our area:

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php/topic/265476-tv-antenna-what-type-is-best-for-our-area/page__p__3397149__hl__antenna__fromsearch__1#entry3397149

There are also other threads that come up if you search p.com using the word "antenna."

I just watch shows on my TV that available online using my laptop. Some people use other options.

I still am thinking about buying an antenna and would like to hear if you find one you like.

I live off Hiram Sudie and years ago we had to use one if course. No other choice. We had good reception but someone told us about a booster. So we bought one and it was even better. Might want to try that.

With out knowing the elevation where you live and how clear a shot you have to Atlanta it is hard

to say how big a antenna you need. You will need to make sure it does cover VHF and UHF as

channel 8 is still on a VHF frequency. Also when you tried the antennas did you rescan

for channels every time? With the new tv's or with the adapter you have to go to the menu

and do a rescan for channels. Also the antennas have to be pointed in the right direction.

I bought the biggest antenna Radio Shack carries and even with a preamp and the antenna

mounted on the roof I only get a few of the channels and then not if it is raining. But I

do live in a valley to the west of town.

I gave up and spend the $8 for Hulu plus. Best thing we did for tv.

we tried an antenna - we live off Hiram Sudie Road, down a hill. we got very poor reception, even with a booster. I was disappointed because I want to get out from under a provider.

The one we have looks something like this... we get over 100 channels clear as a bell, and it is on our front porch, not up high at all... and if we need to turn it it has the remote we can use lol

TV%2BAntenna.gif

The one we have looks something like this... we get over 100 channels clear as a bell, and it is on our front porch, not up high at all... and if we need to turn it it has the remote we can use lol

TV%2BAntenna.gif

Holy crap....that thing looks like it belongs on an infomercial about slicing and dicing.

How much was it and where do you get it.

TV%2BAntenna.gif

Thanks everyone for the info. I would also like to know where you got this and how much it was.100 channels- that's awesome, what part of town do you live in?

Thanks everyone for the info. I would also like to know where you got this and how much it was.100 channels- that's awesome, what part of town do you live in?

Call mission control about this one!:blink:

My husband got it at amazon not sure of the price.. and we live in new hope on a dirt road (yes a dirt road that we can not get the county to keep up because they are running low of money so they want more money and still will not keep it up)

and the antenna is not as big as it looks in this photo lol

You said it looks something like the one you posted the image of. Do you know the name and model number?

My husband got it at amazon not sure of the price.. and we live in new hope on a dirt road (yes a dirt road that we can not get the county to keep up because they are running low of money so they want more money and still will not keep it up)

and the antenna is not as big as it looks in this photo lol

What are some of the channels you like best? Any movie channels?

TV%2BAntenna.gif

Not to list all of them, but what channels do you get? Can you get ESPN, Fox Sports South etc?

Not to list all of them, but what channels do you get? Can you get ESPN, Fox Sports South etc?

Sorry did some research and you cannot get ESPN etc. That sucks