Paulding.com

REGIONAL TSPLOST TOWN HALL MEETING

THE PAULDING CHAMBER

WILL BE HOSTING A TOWN HALL MEETING

TUESDAY NIGHT JULY 17 AT 7PM

The subject will be the regional Tsplost.

It is question and answer so I am adding a click through with the information you will need to know to ask questions.

CONNECT GEORGIA INFORMATION ON PAULDINGS IN REGION 1

THE PAULDING CHAMBER

WILL BE HOSTING A TOWN HALL MEETING

TUESDAY NIGHT JULY 17 AT 7PM

The subject will be the regional Tsplost.

It is question and answer so I am adding a click through with the information you will need to know to ask questions.

CONNECT GEORGIA INFORMATION ON PAULDINGS IN REGION 1

This is a good opportunity to actually get some information and/or answers on the T-Splost.

I encourage voters to educate themselves on this matter, based on the facts / benefits, and base their vote on them and not vote on "emotion."

There's some good projects for Paulding -- as a homeowner and a small business owner here in Paulding, I respect the different views and opinions of the T-Splost. Passing the T-splost will benefit the majority of residents (and small businesses) here in Paulding, based on the projects here in our county.

Let me say this, the general assembly showed a complete lack of support in placing this measure on the ballot during the primary. While it will appear on both the Democratic and Republican ballots, the voter turnout is lower in the primaries (aggregate) than it is in the general election and given the dominance of the GOP in most areas, the idea that a primary - driven typically to the extremes by the extremists - is the wrong ballot on which to place a tax referendum of any kind.

But then the support - or I should say non-support and ducking of responsibility by the General assembly over their pledge to some yankee (Grover Norquist) is what put us in the role of having a mediocre choice if we want to pursue progress. We need to remove the incumbents because of all the fee hikes - oh we can't call them taxes - they've wrought, this approach to highway funding is plainly incompetent.

In essence they proved they are incapable of governing and a failure of this measure points directly to a failure of the GOP to govern.

pubby