Paulding.com

Another Tsplost thread

**************************************************************************************************************

For God's sake people, listen to LPPT, she's reel smart you know. If this don't pass CHILDREN ARE GONE DIE. PERIOD. I seen it on the t.v. the mom couldn't get to the kid cause of the traffifk He died. do this for the childrens!!!! they are gone build every single thing that you want and not build nothing that you don't want. and they ain't going to give the contracts to their cousins neither...theys going to give it to you.

And there folks he nailed it, even got the grammar right, we don't want nuffin cause someone else might come in our town a make more money than us.

Why don't you research and read and show people that I am lying about how it works then you will look smarter than me, because you failed on your first attempt miserably.

• Like 1
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lot's of folks talking about truths. A couple of truths are these.   The vast majority of the projects in Paulding (as a perecentage of individual projects) are intersection improvements. These will

I will be voting no because I am selfish. I would like to keep my pennies. The roads I commute on will not be improved so I see no benefit to Ms

Oh good God! Let's not be a drama queen. You have bought the glossy commercials hook, line and sinker.   Number one, this 14% tax that you keep referring to as a penny is not going to make a 2 hou

Historic Hiram widening is way down on the list of our existing tsplost and probably even further down on the state DOT projects.

There are a lot of plans and very little money coming in to fund them, due to us using less fuel and the loss of some of that to the feds.

278 is maxed out as far as the volume of traffic it can handle. The 70% of our population that commutes has to get out of the county.

With the cost of reale state being so cheap many of our young people are leaving to go towards the city, that is the only place they can make a living wage and it doesn't make sense to them to commute. It also is having an impact on our own housing market. Not to mention economic development.Commutes are one of the things people and business look at.

Commutes are killing local business in that people are spending outside the county.

The splost has more positives for paulding than many of the other cities and towns in other regions.

Most people do spend their money outside this county due to the fact that is where they work. What is needed here are JOBS. Not just one or two and they need to be full time jobs for Americans .with decent pay.

• Like 1

You do realize that you are spinning your wheels, right? Logic and truths will never outweigh closed minded, tax haters who will never be concerned for the greater good our community, even if it is just going to cost them pennies. Hopefully there enough informed and intelligent people in Paulding than are on this site and they will see the benefits this money will bring to our county.

I LOVE being a closed minded tax hater :ninja:

• Like 1

Most people do spend their money outside this county due to the fact that is where they work. What is needed here are JOBS. Not just one or two and they need to be full time jobs for Americans .with decent pay.

Be sure and catch my report the end of this week, I think even you will be pleased with our progress in just 6 months. It was certainly more than I thought we would accomplish.

And there folks he nailed it, even got the grammar right, we don't want nuffin cause someone else might come in our town a make more money than us.

Why don't you research and read and show people that I am lying about how it works then you will look smarter than me, because you failed on your first attempt miserably.

For the record, I don't doubt that you are telling the truth, I doubt the people who are handling the money, and making the decisions about what projects are to be done.

• Like 1

That is absolutely not true, if Cobb does not pass it and we do, we can widen our portion and Cobb will do what they have always done, get the lions share of fuel tax and widen that.

Paulding will never see a dime of fuel tax for widening of 278, Cobb and Atlanta get whatever they want of the fuel tax. What they don't want is to see the tax go into something they can't control and they are fighting it on that bases.

For us the fact that control of that money will never change with elections is good for us.

What you're saying is if we in region 1 passes it, but the Metro Atlanta region doesn't, the state will raise fuel taxes anyway. That means we'll be paying both TSPLOST and higher fuel taxes.

No Thanks.

• Like 1

For the record, I don't doubt that you are telling the truth, I doubt the people who are handling the money, and making the decisions about what projects are to be done.

My sources can be found all over the internet, I am not lying about how this works, they divided the state into economic regions. Created rules and regulations for this.

Those rules and regulations are written in stone. People that are telling you that your money is going for things outside your region are lying to you. If they are discussing things that are not on your regions list, then those discussions are not relevant to you. you are welcome to go to the town hall meeting tomorrow night and ask those same questions.

I absolutely trust the way this has been set up, I have no issues with the unchangeable things on that list.

You go tomorrow night, you ask them if they can take this money and decide to do a different project next year.

You ask if your money can be sent to another region for one of their projects.

You will get the same answers.

The debate is strictly about if what we see on that list are good for us or if we want to vote it down and stay dependent on our portion of the fuel sales tax.

Along with that dependency on fuel tax we are at the mercy of the state run DOT to allocate our tax dollars back to us to pay for these road projects. We are competing with a thousand more towns and cities for our own money to be returned to us for our benefit.

A lot of those arguing with me will nor deny that is our present way of improving roads and building new ones.

They want the fuel taxes raised and want to stay with the old way.

What you're saying is if we in region 1 passes it, but the Metro Atlanta region doesn't, the state will raise fuel taxes anyway. That means we'll be paying both TSPLOST and higher fuel taxes.

No Thanks.

I just explained that, they are going to raise fuel taxes because they always raise fuel taxes. The issue is one of believing we will be first in line to get any of it.

The DOT does exactly as they please with that tax revenue. The many things that you object to in Atlanta are the things they fund with it every single time.

And they will continue to do just that.

I just explained that, they are going to raise fuel taxes because they always raise fuel taxes. The issue is one of believing we will be first in line to get any of it.

The DOT does exactly as they please with that tax revenue. The many things that you object to in Atlanta are the things they fund with it every single time.

And they will continue to do just that.

So you're saying they'll raise fuel taxes no matter what, but if we don't pass this extra tax on ourselves, we won't see any road improvements in Paulding?

My sources can be found all over the internet, I am not lying about how this works, they divided the state into economic regions. Created rules and regulations for this.

Those rules and regulations are written in stone. People that are telling you that your money is going for things outside your region are lying to you. If they are discussing things that are not on your regions list, then those discussions are not relevant to you. you are welcome to go to the town hall meeting tomorrow night and ask those same questions.

I absolutely trust the way this has been set up, I have no issues with the unchangeable things on that list.

You go tomorrow night, you ask them if they can take this money and decide to do a different project next year.

You ask if your money can be sent to another region for one of their projects.

You will get the same answers.

The debate is strictly about if what we see on that list are good for us or if we want to vote it down and stay dependent on our portion of the fuel sales tax.

Along with that dependency on fuel tax we are at the mercy of the state run DOT to allocate our tax dollars back to us to pay for these road projects. We are competing with a thousand more towns and cities for our own money to be returned to us for our benefit.

A lot of those arguing with me will nor deny that is our present way of improving roads and building new ones.

They want the fuel taxes raised and want to stay with the old way.

Did you read my post, I said I DON'T doubt that you are telling the truth. I believe what you are saying is true. HOWEVER, I don't not agree with a self imposed tax to give the government or it's entities more of my money. Looking at the list of projects for this region I don not believe that they have put enough thought into what does and does not need work. My prime example is widening 278 when we are currently building a by-pass. So if I don't like the way they have handled the proposal of the tsplost then I do not trust them to handle the 25% that is not already allocated. I believe that the money is staying in this region, and that has no bearing on how I will vote. I still don't want them to have more of my money when they have shown they lack the brains to manage money and projects correctly. I don't need to attend a town hall meeting to make up my mind.

• Like 2

Wow you just described the hell that Paulding commuters go through daily and you are going to fight a tax that will alleviate it. you can't tolerate a year or 2 of construction to alleviate that. I bet your kids miss you a lot while you are leaving 2 hours early having coffee, do you get to see them all of an hour when you get home while you are doing your chores, then putting them in bed.

Oh good God! Let's not be a drama queen. You have bought the glossy commercials hook, line and sinker.

Number one, this 14% tax that you keep referring to as a penny is not going to make a 2 hour difference in anyone's daily commute.

Number two, my wife works in Midtown and I work all over town, and unless there is a wreck that shuts down an interstate, there is nowhere in Atlanta that I can't get to in just over an hour. Decatur, which is on the opposite side of Atlanta, takes me 50 minutes during the morning rush.

This is not a well thought out plan. This is not a solution. This is an attempt to get the zombie voters to approve something during a primary election that the politicians don't want to risk their careers over.

We need to push the sheeze back up the pipe and make them do the job we hired them to do.

VOTE NO!

• Like 5

Oh good God! Let's not be a drama queen. You have bought the glossy commercials hook, line and sinker.

Number one, this 14% tax that you keep referring to as a penny is not going to make a 2 hour difference in anyone's daily commute.

Number two, my wife works in Midtown and I work all over town, and unless there is a wreck that shuts down an interstate, there is nowhere in Atlanta that I can't get to in just over an hour. Decatur, which is on the opposite side of Atlanta, takes me 50 minutes during the morning rush.

This is not a well thought out plan. This is not a solution. This is an attempt to get the zombie voters to approve something during a primary election that the politicians don't want to risk their careers over.

We need to push the sheeze back up the pipe and make them do the job we hired them to do.

VOTE NO!

:good: :good:

• Like 1

So you're saying they'll raise fuel taxes no matter what, but if we don't pass this extra tax on ourselves, we won't see any road improvements in Paulding?

I didn't say none I said very few, I will point out all of our state hwy's in the county as an example. We are still hoping for a light on 61 at the high school.

We can put that into the DOT as a priority or we can put a request to widen 10 miles of hwy 61. The same for 92 the state pays for those things so we get them after they have added 4 more lanes to 75.

We also have a tsplost in place that is going for roads and improvements.

The squabbling over the fuel tax has gone on for years.

The legislature said ok you come up with something that will work better to get your needed projects done. They came up with this, now the legislature won't even back them on it, they pretend that saw awful people came up with this terrible idea and we are going to let the people decide.

That is not what happened, the legislature is not going to let them stop raising fuel taxes, you can't even if you want to because the feds are going to force you because that is where they get the tax money for interstate maintenance.

This is simply more improvement faster to help us catch up with the growth that is already here.

It's simple it's not complicated either you like it or you don't. My issue is you deserve to know why you don't like it. We all know exactly why we don't like our neighbors region, we don't like the projects on it.

Put another way if we vote this down here and their region passes it, the only way you will ever pay a dime of it is if you spend in their region.

Now I am wondering why I am explaining this to everyone, this might be the only thing that gets people to try harder to spend locally and if they do that our existing splost might generate as much if not more.

Because I know we don't care about how the commuters feel spending 1/2 their life in a car.

If we believe people hate this as much as they say they do then they might just make a point of spending on this side of the line.

VOTE NO!

I have never seen the commercials, I did my research on it a long time ago before the first commercial hit the air.

I have never even seen a piece of printed ad for it.

I don't see why anyone would object to me pointing out how it works.

People have enough sense to see the pros and cons of the facts.

Why would you or anyone have a problem with me informing people that they are being led to object to things that don't even apply to them.

I gave them the list and told them this was what they are voting yes or no on.

Are you going to sit here and insist that paulding taxes paid towards this are going to be spent on things they object to in another region?

Did you read my post, I said I DON'T doubt that you are telling the truth. I believe what you are saying is true. HOWEVER, I don't not agree with a self imposed tax to give the government or it's entities more of my money. Looking at the list of projects for this region I don not believe that they have put enough thought into what does and does not need work. My prime example is widening 278 when we are currently building a by-pass. So if I don't like the way they have handled the proposal of the tsplost then I do not trust them to handle the 25% that is not already allocated. I believe that the money is staying in this region, and that has no bearing on how I will vote. I still don't want them to have more of my money when they have shown they lack the brains to manage money and projects correctly. I don't need to attend a town hall meeting to make up my mind.

At least you now get it and you have made your decision on facts :clapping:

VOTE NO!

Now you are telling jokes? Sheeze goes one way...DOWN. ...and make them do the job we hired them to do...IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I have never seen the commercials, I did my research on it a long time ago before the first commercial hit the air.

I have never even seen a piece of printed ad for it.

I don't see why anyone would object to me pointing out how it works.

People have enough sense to see the pros and cons of the facts.

Why would you or anyone have a problem with me informing people that they are being led to object to things that don't even apply to them.

I gave them the list and told them this was what they are voting yes or no on.

Are you going to sit here and insist that paulding taxes paid towards this are going to be spent on things they object to in another region?

Wow! Way to avoid responding to my statement.

The fact is I can get anywhere in Atlanta in about an hour without the 14% tax.

Why can't you discuss anything without making it personal or insulting.

Lighten up Francis...I was making a little humor, sorry you don't know humor and there was nothing personal about it and I was not, NOT, insulting you.....Geeez, give it a break.

Wow you just described the hell that Paulding commuters go through daily and you are going to fight a tax that will alleviate it. you can't tolerate a year or 2 of construction to alleviate that. I bet your kids miss you a lot while you are leaving 2 hours early having coffee, do you get to see them all of an hour when you get home while you are doing your chores, then putting them in bed.

When I leave the house at 5am, I get home around 4pm. When I work overnights, I leave at 10pm and arrive home between 3 & 5 am. My wife is currently a work-at-home mom and this will be the first year that all my kids are in elementary at the same time, so they won't even be home to miss me.

Yes, the traffic is hell. I applied for every local job I found advertised, even those beneath my experience and education and paying minimum wage. I was willing to work for less so I could be home with my family. I got lucky finding full time work with a company that not only supports the employee, but their families. I would have worked ANY schedule ANYwhere to make ends meet. I am blessed to be able to still have an income and see my kids. If I am willing to go to the extremes that I do to live my life, then how am I wrong for it? Because I plan for the constant traffic and avoid it by being smarter then the crowd? Besides, I would be contributing to the smog problems and wasting gas if I were idling in a line like everyone else does.

As for the construction, I HAVE BEEN TOLERATING IT FOR YEARS!! In Paulding, Cobb, Douglas, Fulton, no matter which direction, I've had construction on my commute for longer then I can remember. No, it's not daily, and they do move around the construction zones, but I can't imagine the next 2-5 years of construction mess EVERYWHERE. I'd rather give up, apply for welfare and food stamps and let you pay my family's way in addition to that extra tax.

Someone said something about hoping people who are voting are more intelligent then those on this site. That comment made me laugh out loud. I was celebrating the fact that from what the media has said about the polls and what I've seen on various sites like this, that it seems the people aren't as sheeplike as the government thought we were.

Follow the herd, LPPT. I'll continue to provide for my family AND be home for dinner and to tuck them into bed. Good luck with your commute. I'm not paying for it.

• Like 1

When I leave the house at 5am, I get home around 4pm. When I work overnights, I leave at 10pm and arrive home between 3 & 5 am. My wife is currently a work-at-home mom and this will be the first year that all my kids are in elementary at the same time, so they won't even be home to miss me.

Yes, the traffic is hell. I applied for every local job I found advertised, even those beneath my experience and education and paying minimum wage. I was willing to work for less so I could be home with my family. I got lucky finding full time work with a company that not only supports the employee, but their families. I would have worked ANY schedule ANYwhere to make ends meet. I am blessed to be able to still have an income and see my kids. If I am willing to go to the extremes that I do to live my life, then how am I wrong for it? Because I plan for the constant traffic and avoid it by being smarter then the crowd? Besides, I would be contributing to the smog problems and wasting gas if I were idling in a line like everyone else does.

As for the construction, I HAVE BEEN TOLERATING IT FOR YEARS!! In Paulding, Cobb, Douglas, Fulton, no matter which direction, I've had construction on my commute for longer then I can remember. No, it's not daily, and they do move around the construction zones, but I can't imagine the next 2-5 years of construction mess EVERYWHERE. I'd rather give up, apply for welfare and food stamps and let you pay my family's way in addition to that extra tax.

Someone said something about hoping people who are voting are more intelligent then those on this site. That comment made me laugh out loud. I was celebrating the fact that from what the media has said about the polls and what I've seen on various sites like this, that it seems the people aren't as sheeplike as the government thought we were.

Follow the herd, LPPT. I'll continue to provide for my family AND be home for dinner and to tuck them into bed. Good luck with your commute. I'm not paying for it.

:good:

I think the sheeple are rebelling everywhere about this silly tax attempt. They thought if they could get the NAACP on board they could use the race card on all the "non-pigmented" people. It was funny as hell to see the black leaders come out and denounce the TSPLOST.

Another Cobb county campaign against the Tsplost.

Everything on that website applies to a totally separate region with totally separate projects that have nothing to do with region one projects. Our taxes collected here will not go to there projects ever not a dime.

Try spending a little more time on that site. It covers the entire state and ALL of the regions.

I did not say people voting on it were more intelligent, I said that people given the correct information could comprehend it and make a decision based on that.

I am perfectly able to pay for my commute, I am thinking of others on all levels when it comes to higher gas prices and the jobs that will come from it.

Quite Frankly I don't feel like I am following the herd, in fact I feel like I am watching a great solution to a problem die on the vine do to a lot untruths and confusion. The people marketing this should be fired.

They have done a miserable job of explaining this to the public, and even worse of marketing financial benefits of it.

I really don't like being misquoted especially when it come across as being insulting to people.

I feel like I am being pushed against for simply stating facts, I am not going to shed a tear or do without a single thing if this does not pass.

I am trying to inform people because it does something I feel strongly about, it cuts the feds and the state out of paulding's business. It has a lot of safeguards that will prevent local abuse by politicians.

I know about the campaigns against, they are not ours, we are at a disadvantage in not having 3 news stations and 2 newspapers. It really matters in this.

My situation nor yours is everyone's situation, I care that no matter what your situation is you make that decision based on facts.

When this turns into a campaign like it has,the truth is out the window and it becomes win at all cost.

If your reason is you hate construction and that is valid and truthful you don't think you will benefit from the widening of any roads in the county, it is not worth it to you to put up with it a few years.

You did not base it on things like Atlanta and Cobb wasting your money on public transportation or wider express ways because they aren't part of our decision here.

Know this the demographics of Paulding are being sent out all over the world and our local hwys come into the equation, you talked about your fruitless job search within the county, that is something else to be taken into consideration with this.

I wish you the best of luck and I admire how hard you are working to take care of your family. I hope that in the near future that you can find something here as get more and more good businesses into the area.

Try spending a little more time on that site. It covers the entire state and ALL of the regions.

I did as you ask, and again I see a power struggle over projects being funded.

It did raise a question in my mind, about the possibility of fuel taxes not being raised because the splost is doing so well.

We know for a fact that the bulk of fuel tax goes to interstates and exchanges on them.

I saw were someone remarked that the Governor has refused to raise fuel tax twice and he gave fuel tax relief to certain business sectors.

That brings us back to officials that are fighting and I have read remarks from a few, and the few I have read them from all have interstate and exchanges.

It sounds to me as if the pot of gold is not at the end of the rainbow but instead at the interchanges. The pot that has shrunk due to cars getting better mileage and lower fuel taxes.

I still stand by this being a power struggle over this reducing the amount of money coming from the state and feds to certain key area and those that rule over those area.

The rest of the communities have dealt with this issue by creating individual tsplost to take care of their roads, because we know there is no way we will ever get close to the front of the line.

I did have a little tidbit on transportation funding that might amuse some folks.

It would seem that it is impossible to get fuel taxes from people driving electric cars. The plan is to equip them with mileage counters that will report to the state.

On that note we are going to pay for road improvement one way or another if you folks want to share it 3 ways there is nothing stopping you.

1)Who is going to control the purse strings and garantee that Paulding pennies stay in Paulding?

2)Who is doing the audit to make sure that the amount we are told is being collected is true?

3)How will we garantee that companies who win bids have no connection, direct or otherwise, to city leaders or elected officials?

4)At what point can we say enough with tax increases? We have a school splost, this road splost, what is next a fire and police splost so nothing burns down?Many people will face tax increases at the beginning of year as tax cuts expire. We have the added taxes of Obamacare(sales tax on house sales). At some point you have to say enough!

• Like 1

So let's change the rally cry to DO IT FOR THE KIDS!!

• Like 1

1)Who is going to control the purse strings and garantee that Paulding pennies stay in Paulding?

2)Who is doing the audit to make sure that the amount we are told is being collected is true?

3)How will we garantee that companies who win bids have no connection, direct or otherwise, to city leaders or elected officials?

4)At what point can we say enough with tax increases? We have a school splost, this road splost, what is next a fire and police splost so nothing burns down?Many people will face tax increases at the beginning of year as tax cuts expire. We have the added taxes of Obamacare(sales tax on house sales). At some point you have to say enough!

I will actually print your first 2 questions and take them with me tomorrow night I think they are valid.

As for the third question I don't think that their are a lot of companies around big enough to do these projects, the pool to choose from may be a bit small but with the many counties and towns receiving these funds I suspect there will be plenty of work to go around. I am sure that many of the companies that do repairs on this machinery are are crossing their fingers and praying. My sister worked for one of these shops for years.

The machinery for building roads is very expensive, the owners of the companies made huge investments to do this work, they are hit hard when work stops. They are many times still paying on the equipment.

Of course that's not realty anybody's problem we need to look out for our own.

I don't mind more local splost, the more we cut the feds and state out of our business the better, This is how you reduce the size of government.

• Like 1

"You failed to mention that we have an existing tsplost that will be applied to widening of the roads leading to these intersections."

That TSPLOST alone cannot do even a small percentage of the minimum needed to accomplish the task. It will require that along with major state and federal funding to get it done. We couldn't even get that started with a House Speaker from right here in town.

"And you need to show some credentials on your expertise"

34 years as Construction Project Engineer with GDOT.

"What your rant comes down to is the Paulding DOT is incompetent"

Just because we disagree doesn't make my view a rant. Never mentioned PDOT. The incompitence was/is laid directly at the feet of elected officials past and present. Those are the folks that approved their buddies massive developements of which you speak. They are the folks that grew the monster at 278/92 with no regard as to what it would do to the county without the infrastructure to go along with it. They aquire/allocate money. PDOT indeed can only do what they can with what is provided to them by those folks. That said, PDOT is not capable of managing the massive rebuild required here just due to scale. It will require GDOT oversite.

"And the begrudging others of gainful employment"

I befrudge others nothing. It would be preferable if we are to provide make work projects with our tax money that at least some portion of it go to provide local workers with local money to be spent.... well... locally.

• Like 1

"You failed to mention that we have an existing tsplost that will be applied to widening of the roads leading to these intersections."

That TSPLOST alone cannot do even a small percentage of the minimum needed to accomplish the task. It will require that along with major state and federal funding to get it done. We couldn't even get that started with a House Speaker from right here in town.

"And you need to show some credentials on your expertise"

34 years as Construction Project Engineer with GDOT.

"What your rant comes down to is the Paulding DOT is incompetent"

Just because we disagree doesn't make my view a rant. Never mentioned PDOT. The incompitence was/is laid directly at the feet of elected officials past and present. Those are the folks that approved their buddies massive developements of which you speak. They are the folks that grew the monster at 278/92 with no regard as to what it would do to the county without the infrastructure to go along with it. They aquire/allocate money. PDOT indeed can only do what they can with what is provided to them by those folks. That said, PDOT is not capable of managing the massive rebuild required here just due to scale. It will require GDOT oversite.

"And the begrudging others of gainful employment"

I befrudge others nothing. It would be preferable if we are to provide make work projects with our tax money that at least some portion of it go to provide local workers with local money to be spent.... well... locally.

Thank you for clarifying your credentials, I appreciate that.

So you are saying the people from our county that worked on this project did not consult our own DOT? You are bringing up past incompetence, we are all aware of that and it constantly gets rehashed on here. Is your point that our county will always have leaders so incompetent that we can never put this kind of money in their hands.

It is not a point, the regulations were written in a way that they can't change it.

I was told that with our existing splost we are doing things differently and waiting until we have the money.

Your point seems to be to do nothing, we don't have competent leadership, we don't have federal and state funds,(you know as well as I do the funds won't make it it here, you know were they go)

Your post makes me even more secure in my belief that this has created a power struggle with these counties and the state. The state and some key legislators are baulking about this money being routed around them and the Governor refusing to raise fuel taxes to fund the State DOT.

Basically you told me that when you said that our existing splost can't accomplish much, we need to beg the state and feds for our money back to do our road projects.

I am not crazy about our rep. but I have to say that that ours are one of many all over the state screaming for the money that goes back to the same place year after year.

People need to wake up and see what is happening, and in fact I have see a couple writings from one of our legislatures saying exactly what you said, our local officials just didn't do a good enough job on this therefore we can't support it.

I will always believe if this fails it was a power struggle from day one to force the Governor to raise fuel tax so that those that have always made the decisions and gotten the lions share of the money will continue.

Talk about sheeple, it is so easy to turn people against their own officials, this makes me sick, we are being tricked into screwing ourselves.

I have a question. What are the Paulding folks gonna do when the rest of the Region votes YES?

Why? New and improved roads equals jobs and Northwest Georgia (Region 1) is begging for jobs. It is a long ride from Chattooga or Dade to Atlanta.

I have a question. What are the Paulding folks gonna do when the rest of the Region votes YES?

Why? New and improved roads equals jobs and Northwest Georgia (Region 1) is begging for jobs. It is a long ride from Chattooga or Dade to Atlanta.

How do new and improved roads equal jobs?

How do new and improved roads equal jobs?

Just look around at the roads in our area. As they are improved, widened, whatever...more and more businesses move in. 278, 120, 92, 61. Let's not forget Ridge Road, Nebo Road, 381, Bobo Road, Macland Road, East Paulding Drive.

There is a way to solve the problem. Let's just go back to dirt roads and covered wagons and start all over again. I doubt we would get it right even if we started all over.

LPPT - have you ever considerd running for political office? You sure have made a case for the T-SPLOST by covering all the basis.

If the BOC would kill the present SPLOST or combine both by making it a 1 cent tax the vote would be yes. People are just tired of hearing promises if "just give us your money". Sorry but it won't pass in Paulding.

Just look around at the roads in our area. As they are improved, widened, whatever...more and more businesses move in. 278, 120, 92, 61. Let's not forget Ridge Road, Nebo Road, 381, Bobo Road, Macland Road, East Paulding Drive.

Improved roads also get companies to look at us that won't with the traffic issues we have now.

If you have a company that is shipping out 10-12 trailers a day, they won't consider coming here, so that knocks us out of the running for them.

The truth is that it would be nice to have that on the menu but it is not going to me a make or break for our county. People aren't going to move even if they want to they are under water. It will adversely effect the housing sector of our recovery and keep it depressed for another 10 years.

Bad news for realtors here and related industry.

What Whitey was saying finally sunk in, you could not reasonably offer the fuel tax breaks to companies, (which I am sure big lobbies paid big bucks for) when we were already short do to the governor failing to raise the tax in a recession, (which he was smart to do)

So you find a way to fund roads, you come up with the brilliant plan roll it out at the same time the the tax cuts for businesses are voted on. Pass your legislation, then fight the T splost and force the Governors hand to raise the fuel tax to fund roads.

The thing is I think it is finally sinking in to our local officials all over the state that they were played big time. Not only did we pay them for their time and the studies, but now we are paying for the campaign.

I am pretty sure they banked on us not taxing ourselves then the little push were state legislatures refused to back them on it.

They are however going to use the dollar amount the tsplost shows was needed to calculate the tax hike. Sorry folks you had your chance and threw it away.

I am going to book mark this thread to bring back up when it happens.

This is a disgusting piece of manipulation that is going to end up costing us billions we will never see serve us in any significant way..

I am even more motivated than ever to say yes.

I will not be threatened into voting myself a tax hike. If they want to turn around and raise taxes after we vote no then we have an option at the next election to take those jobs away from them. It is about time that all elected officials start to understand that they work for us. They are there because we put them there, and we are sick and tired of them not using the funds WE give them efficiently.

There is a way to solve the problem. Let's just go back to dirt roads and covered wagons and start all over again. I doubt we would get it right even if we started all over.

LPPT - have you ever considerd running for political office? You sure have made a case for the T-SPLOST by covering all the basis.

If the BOC would kill the present SPLOST or combine both by making it a 1 cent tax the vote would be yes. People are just tired of hearing promises if "just give us your money". Sorry but it won't pass in Paulding.

What really bothers me is this idea was not that of locals, they were following instructions on what and how. Now the state is saying that they are simply too incompetent to have put anything feasible together so now they are against it.

Makes my blood boil.

I will not be threatened into voting myself a tax hike. If they want to turn around and raise taxes after we vote no then we have an option at the next election to take those jobs away from them. It is about time that all elected officials start to understand that they work for us. They are there because we put them there, and we are sick and tired of them not using the funds WE give them efficiently.

It's not threat, they banked on it. The only way you could upset the state legislature it to vote it in.

I have an article from Bill Heath I am going to post in a minute.