Paulding.com

Another Tsplost thread

-snip-

It is still being discussed in this thread how all the road tax money given to the major Expressways has been misused and has not helped.

So here we go again.

THE MONEY COLLECTED FROM YOU IN PAULDING COUNTY WILL NOT GO TO ANY EXPRESS WAYS BECAUSE THERE NOT ANY IN YOUR REGION!

THE MONEY COLLECTED FROM YOU IN PAULDING COUNTY WILL NOT GO TO ANY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION BECAUSE THERE NOT ANY IN YOUR REGION!

THE MONEY WILL NOT GO TO ANY PUBLIC BUILDINGS IN PAULDING, THE MONEY CAN ONLY BE SPENT ON THE PROJECTS ON THE LIST AND REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF ROADS.

-snip-

Are you trying to tell us that I-75 is not an express way?

When did Rome do away with their public transit?

What about the 25% to be given to the local governments for 'discretionary' spending for items NOT ON THE LIST?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lot's of folks talking about truths. A couple of truths are these.   The vast majority of the projects in Paulding (as a perecentage of individual projects) are intersection improvements. These will

I will be voting no because I am selfish. I would like to keep my pennies. The roads I commute on will not be improved so I see no benefit to Ms

Oh good God! Let's not be a drama queen. You have bought the glossy commercials hook, line and sinker.   Number one, this 14% tax that you keep referring to as a penny is not going to make a 2 hou

Are you trying to tell us that I-75 is not an express way?

When did Rome do away with their public transit?

What about the 25% to be given to the local governments for 'discretionary' spending for items NOT ON THE LIST?

I will give you a click through to look for yourself, the only mention in our region of 75 is interchanges that allow citizens in some areas to access the expressway. Quite honestly it would be stupid for the people in the other counties to not vote for it. Expressway interchanges are huge economic drivers for many areas.

In our region there are no widening or improvements for expressways that I can see. But it does not matter because the lions share comes back to Paulding and our officials will be spending our money on our list.

Discretionary spending according to the law must be spent on transportation, as repair, equipment for local DOT's.

This frees up a lot of taxes currently being collected to maintain other departments.

Here is the list, you are free to pick at it all day, but in the end you still have to base your vote, on hating taxes or disagreeing with what is on our list because that is all they can spend it on.

http://connectgeorgia2012.com/northwest_georgia/

The thing is a lot of you won't vote on it, it is a tax against your principals.

But I am not going to sit by and watch the myths and lies perpetuated against this project to let you out of paying a tax that you don't like on principal.

We have plenty of intelligent people on this site that given the correct information can make up their own minds.

A list of their county projects and the truth that their taxes collected here are sent back here to fund these projects.

The fact that this is being fought in other regions because the taxpayers in those regions do not like what is on their list. It has nothing to do with us period.

People need to understand it is a political campaign with lies and slander just like any other campaign.

You are currently reading about those regional campaigns. There are no high dollar, high profile campaigns for or against going on in our region. Click through to the map that is our region. Take note that Marietta nor Atlanta are in our region.

http://connectgeorgia2012.com/northwest_georgia/

I'm confused by a couple things on that project list. Will it be necessary to widen 278 after the bypass is finished that they are currently working on that takes you from 278 and connects into Bill Carruth? Seems like that will alleviate quite a bit of traffic from 278 as is. Wasn't Macland set to be widened already prior to this vote, or was that just the Cobb County section of Macland? Is 92 left completely off the list because there are already plans in the works to widen it from Douglasville? And last, I almost never travel 61, I know some other people in the county do, but what are those projects on 61, are they turn lanes?

This is your Paulding list so that we can have a discussion about what your pennies will be spent on.

The law says they can not spend it on anything else. They are legally bound by this document when you vote for the tsplost.

Paulding County

• Macland Rd./SR 360 Widening

• Paulding County SR 120/East Paulding Dr/Dallas-Acworth Hwy-ATMS

• Paulding County Traffic Control Center (TCC)

• SR 6 Advanced Management System Project

• SR 61 at Hart Rd. Improvements (CR 249) (within limits of PI 621570/PA-06101)

• SR 61 at Mustang Dr. Improvements (CR 331) (within limits of PI 621570/ PA-061 C1)

• SR 61 at Old Villa Rica Improvements (CR 246) (within limits of Pl 621570/ PA-061Cl)

• SR 61 at Paulding County High School/Aiken Dr. (PI 621670)

• SR 61 at Vernoy Aiken Rd. Improvements (CR 243) (within limits of PI 621570/ PA-061C1)

• SR 61 from Winndale Rd. to US 278 Widening

• US 278/SR 6 Widening from SR 120/Bill Carruth Pkwy. East to the Cobb County Line

• West Dallas Bypass

• Xpress Regional Commuter Service – Northwest Georgia

This is the commuter bus that picks people up at movies 278 and takes them straight down town.

The word commuter binds them to only improve that type of transportation. Not city buses or trains.

You got a list of the other 25% where it is goinr to be spent?

You got a list of the other 25% where it is goinr to be spent?

I answered that earlier but I will answer again, it can only be spent on road projects, the idea was make sure there was maintenance money in the plan.

We are not building new roads so it won't be that critical to us. The poorer counties are struggling to maintain what they have, Many of them have aging equipment and little or no equipment for snow and ice removal.

The money must go for this, you can't decide to build a new park with it. you can't even change your mind and build a road to a park, the list is set in stone to protect the taxpayer.

I answered that earlier but I will answer again, it can only be spent on road projects, the idea was make sure there was maintenance money in the plan.

We are not building new roads so it won't be that critical to us. The poorer counties are struggling to maintain what they have, Many of them have aging equipment and little or no equipment for snow and ice removal.

The money must go for this, you can't decide to build a new park with it. you can't even change your mind and build a road to a park, the list is set in stone to protect the taxpayer.

But we are building new roads are we not? Isn't adding to 278 building a new road? Also, what happens to these roads after the 10 years? Do they just ask to extend the tax to maintain the new roads that have been built? The 25% is allocated to each county based on population and total miles of road in the county correct?

Northwest Coordinated Rural/Human Services Transit Project

FROM WEB SITE ---- this is in Bartow County whitch is in our district. I am not sure what this is but there is that word transit.

The people of Bartow may accept or reject the tsplost based on that project. I only care that we get our share of the money based on our list. Personally I like our list and I think road improvement is a wise expenditure of tax dollars.

You will pay for DOT period through your fuel tax, and that money will go straight to the things that many object to.

You can vote for local enhancement or you can vote against it, that is what your vote is for period.

The things you people are railing about are the things your fuel tax have always gone to and will continue to.

There is a very scientific method of determining when it is the right time to vote for a self-imposed tax.

Sorry, that was for shooting a monkey into space, which is precisely where our money will be if we willingly give it to a bunch of damn politicians.

VOTE NO only because there isn't a HELL NO on the ballot.

• Like 2

But we are building new roads are we not? Isn't adding to 278 building a new road? Also, what happens to these roads after the 10 years? Do they just ask to extend the tax to maintain the new roads that have been built? The 25% is allocated to each county based on population and total miles of road in the county correct?

If we stay on track and as you well know local elections can effect our future we should not have any problem with the tax structure being able to handle it.

The single minded focus of this administration is economic development to take some of the pressure off the residents when it comes to tax revenue.

I don't know if you watch my videos or not but I try to keep people informed about what is happening.

This is the simple version, we have developed a number of industrial and business parks. for lack of a better word the IBA has hired a salesman that goes all over the country and sends information all over the country about these parks. He started less than a year ago with us. He has brought in at least one new company a month over the last six months. He has also found state incentives that have resulted in businesses hear expanding.

It takes thousands of homeowners to pay the same amount of taxes as one medium size company. If the rate of economic growth here continues at the rate we have seen in the last 6 months there is no reason to think that it won't continue as long as we keep doing what we are doing we are getting great results from our efforts.

I hear all the time about help small business, help small business. I have owned a small business for almost 20 year. I ask these people how are you going to help us all the time. The stupid answer I get over and over is we are going to support you, who is this we, you got friends and family you going to stick a gun to their heads and make them buy something from me? Oh your going to drop my business taxes, thats good, because I can't pay them because our area economy is so depress we are all fighting over the few thousands that have money left to spend.

Across the board every last small business owner wants big business with good wages to come to Paulding.

Infrastructure such as good roads is critical to economic growth, critical and that is why I am for the splost. I don't care what people do or do not like about the growth here. People have got to live and they can't do that without jobs and personal I think it is selfish when people that are making good money fight every effort of economic growth, and across the board I have found that everyone fighting it do have good jobs and wanted to preserve paulding as their little back country paradise with scenic views of falling down barns and pasture land. Well the rest of us gotta eat too.

The people of Bartow may accept or reject the tsplost based on that project. I only care that we get our share of the money based on our list. Personally I like our list and I think road improvement is a wise expenditure of tax dollars.

You will pay for DOT period through your fuel tax, and that money will go straight to the things that many object to.

You can vote for local enhancement or you can vote against it, that is what your vote is for period.

The things you people are railing about are the things your fuel tax have always gone to and will continue to.

Save your breath, Laurie. These folks would rather let Marietta and Atlanta control the distribution of the fuel tax monies and control which projects get on the to do list. They do not want to have local control over our roads as they expect the State government to look out for them.

A perfect example is Hwy 92...how long has it been? 30...40 years?

Lot's of folks talking about truths. A couple of truths are these.

The vast majority of the projects in Paulding (as a perecentage of individual projects) are intersection improvements. These will improve traffic flow thru those intersections in the short term. However, Federal requirements for things such as ADA, drainage, safety measures, pedestrian facilities, etc. Up to and including, and I'm serious about this, FISH PASSAGE, change literraly as often as monthly. As a result any and all improvements made under this limited program will have to be torn out and redone when what we so desperately need here in Paulding is actually tackled. That would be road widenings. Only one of which is included in this. The widening of the already widest road we have. Doing pretty much nothing for the routes that feed it.

Then there's the ATMS center. The support infrastructure for which does not exist and is not included in this measure. Those funds will have to be obtained elsewhere (meaning mostly out of your pocket) at a later date. Make no mistake, those costs are massive and we are years away from the benefit of this outweighing the cost.

So if you want to vote yes for a "make work" stimulus package then this is what you want. Of course the jobs created will be for mostly workers living near the headquarters of the contractors who get the bids. Only one of which is located here in Paulding. And you will be voting to spend money now so you can spend even more money later.

If your interested in actually relieving traffic tie-ups here, vote no and force the powers that be to go back to the drawing board and come up with a plan that actually increases capacity. It'll be a shorter list that focuses on segments of the county at a time, but it will actually work. As opposed to this less than half-assed attempt.

• Like 6

If we stay on track and as you well know local elections can effect our future we should not have any problem with the tax structure being able to handle it.

The single minded focus of this administration is economic development to take some of the pressure off the residents when it comes to tax revenue.

I don't know if you watch my videos or not but I try to keep people informed about what is happening.

This is the simple version, we have developed a number of industrial and business parks. for lack of a better word the IBA has hired a salesman that goes all over the country and sends information all over the country about these parks. He started less than a year ago with us. He has brought in at least one new company a month over the last six months. He has also found state incentives that have resulted in businesses hear expanding.

It takes thousands of homeowners to pay the same amount of taxes as one medium size company. If the rate of economic growth here continues at the rate we have seen in the last 6 months there is no reason to think that it won't continue as long as we keep doing what we are doing we are getting great results from our efforts.

I hear all the time about help small business, help small business. I have owned a small business for almost 20 year. I ask these people how are you going to help us all the time. The stupid answer I get over and over is we are going to support you, who is this we, you got friends and family you going to stick a gun to their heads and make them buy something from me? Oh your going to drop my business taxes, thats good, because I can't pay them because our area economy is so depress we are all fighting over the few thousands that have money left to spend.

Across the board every last small business owner wants big business with good wages to come to Paulding.

Infrastructure such as good roads is critical to economic growth, critical and that is why I am for the splost. I don't care what people do or do not like about the growth here. People have got to live and they can't do that without jobs and personal I think it is selfish when people that are making good money fight every effort of economic growth, and across the board I have found that everyone fighting it do have good jobs and wanted to preserve paulding as their little back country paradise with scenic views of falling down barns and pasture land. Well the rest of us gotta eat too.

I totally agree with you, LPPT :clapping: :clapping:

I don't have a good paying job, I have to commute 20 miles to work in Smyrna. I have an interest in a small business in Paulding that probably won't really be affected one way or the other by the road improvements mentioned in the projects list. I am still voting no. I won't vote for a tax that MAY help, when I KNOW that I can do better with my sales tax money in my pocket. I agree with the posters above. The elected and appoint officials need to work within the budgets they have, make the hard cuts. They should have to do what many of us working stiffs have to do. Prioritize spending, and save where you can. I don't think giving them more money is the answer.

If they raise the fuel tax the projected .25 a gallon to improve the interstate system and cover projects that all the counties are competing for it will cost me a small fortune to put gas in my car to go to work.

It will cost me 4,800 extra a year for the privilege of going to work so I can pay taxes to support all of those that can't or won't work.

For companies that are heavily dependent on fuel, this will absolutely effect their ability to hire employees. you know the laid of ones that my taxes are now supporting.

There is more to this than pennies for roads, there is a huge boost to the Georgia economy.

If you are working anywhere and being paid a check you are dependent upon the health of the Georgia economy. Nobody stands alone in this society we are all dependent on each other. Nobodies job is safe and for that matter nobodies government check is safe in a failing economy.

Where is the list for the 25%?

If they raise the fuel tax the projected .25 a gallon to improve the interstate system and cover projects that all the counties are competing for it will cost me a small fortune to put gas in my car to go to work.

It will cost me 4,800 extra a year for the privilege of going to work so I can pay taxes to support all of those that can't or won't work.

For companies that are heavily dependent on fuel, this will absolutely effect their ability to hire employees. you know the laid of ones that my taxes are now supporting.

There is more to this than pennies for roads, there is a huge boost to the Georgia economy.

If you are working anywhere and being paid a check you are dependent upon the health of the Georgia economy. Nobody stands alone in this society we are all dependent on each other. Nobodies job is safe and for that matter nobodies government check is safe in a failing economy.

Move closer to your job or change your schedule like the rest of us do.

Like some have already said, the increased gas tax will affect ALL DRIVERS, not just local residents. All trucks driving through, all vacation travel, all tourists, everyone needs gas to get through this state. It's more "fair" for a gas tax then another local sales tax. BTW, whatever happened to The Fair Tax? Then it wouldn't matter who had the high income and who didn't, we all pay the same, legal resident, tourist, immigrant, whether they're rich or poor folk.

I don't want to sit in the construction that's paid for with a tax the people overwhelmingly DON'T WANT. I don't want to pay a tax for the extra construction, either. I leave early to get to work and will wait a little to leave so I don't sit in the parking lots that have become all roads home. I've also arranged to work off-peak traffic hours when I have to work down-town. That helps both my company and me and I don't have to pay extra. I am voting HELL NO.

And how on earth do you get to an interstate in a half an hour (one of your earlier posts). It takes me a minimum of an hour to get to an interstate, no matter which way I travel toward Atlanta. If I'm going to the city, I leave 2-2 &1/2 hours ahead of when I have to be there. I'm usually early. I'd rather be early and having a coffee before I clock in then sitting on the parking-lot interstates and losing money because I'm late.

• Like 2

The vast majority of the projects in Paulding (as a perecentage of individual projects) are intersection improvements. These will improve traffic flow thru those intersections in the short term. However, Federal requirements for things such as ADA, drainage, safety measures, pedestrian facilities, etc. Up to and including, and I'm serious about this, FISH PASSAGE, change literraly as often as monthly. As a result any and all improvements made under this limited program will have to be torn out and redone when what we so desperately need here in Paulding is actually tackled. That would be road widenings. Only one of which is included in this. The widening of the already widest road we have. Doing pretty much nothing for the routes that feed it.

Then there's the ATMS center. The support infrastructure for which does not exist and is not included in this measure. Those funds will have to be obtained elsewhere (meaning mostly out of your pocket) at a later date. Make no mistake, those costs are massive and we are years away from the benefit of this outweighing the cost.

So if you want to vote yes for a "make work" stimulus package then this is what you want. Of course the jobs created will be for mostly workers living near the headquarters of the contractors who get the bids. Only one of which is located here in Paulding. And you will be voting to spend money now so you can spend even more money later.

If your interested in actually relieving traffic tie-ups here, vote no and force the powers that be to go back to the drawing board and come up with a plan that actually increases capacity. It'll be a shorter list that focuses on segments of the county at a time, but it will actually work. As opposed to this less than half-assed attempt.

I agree with you about everything except the one contractor that is here in Paulding. I don't think there is one left since Aiken and Ellis Astin are no longer with us.

This is a huge commitment for very little results. The cost / benefit just don't add up on this one.

Edited by feelip
  • Like 1

You failed to mention that we have an existing tsplost that will be applied to widening of the roads leading to these intersections.

And you need to show some credentials on your expertise in the matter of tearing out these intersections and wasting tax payers money, because you are talking about something that may happen not something that will happen to these intersections.

your points all sound good but it does not make it so.

You know as well as I do that we will always pay taxes for infrastructure because that is what government does with our money. The infrastructure that makes all good things possible.

What your rant comes down to is the Paulding DOT is incompetent, I don't think so, underfunded doing the best they can with what they have.

That goes for the state also, this region has exploded in the last 10 years without the roads and infrastructure in place before it came we are in a perpetual state of catch up and you know that.

The developers decided to build over 10,000 south of 278, do think they cared that the only way to and from these homes were 2 lane roads. 278 is backed up for miles with these people making a left onto 92 trying to get home.

These people pay taxes and they expect our county government to do something.

They are doing something, but it is never good enough and it cost too much.

I is a crying shame that the 70% of commuters in this county come home every night to watch the news and believe everything said about this splost in the fight over another region applies to them.

You can vote no, ask them to redo it, but you know and I know this opportunity is not going to come again. We will be competing with the metro and feds for fuel tax money to improve anything here.

And the begrudging others of gainful employment does not fly with me. Or even companies relating to it making money. Many people have invested in and grown businesses to build roads because we need roads. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them doing these projects that benefit us.

There is a very scientific method of determining when it is the right time to vote for a self-imposed tax.

Sorry, that was for shooting a monkey into space, which is precisely where our money will be if we willingly give it to a bunch of damn politicians.

VOTE NO only because there isn't a HELL NO on the ballot.

:drinks: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I'm curious I read somewhere (don't have a link) that Georgia has one of the lowest gas taxes of any other state, and that we don't keep all of our gas tax money on the federal tax level because that money is re-appropriated to other states. Some of you know more about all this than I do. If that is the case then why don't we just raise the gas tax to where it is similar to other states? And if ours is lower than other states why are our gas prices not lower?

So they want to create a bottleneck on 278. 6 lanes in Paulding then 4 at the Cobb line, no thank you.

Also at the new hospital. The 6 lanes ends at 120. So it will further back up the intersection at 278 and 120, but allow you to easily get past all the businesses on 278. I really think that the by-pass currently under construction will alleviate a lot of the traffic on 278.

I'm curious I read somewhere (don't have a link) that Georgia has one of the lowest gas taxes of any other state, and that we don't keep all of our gas tax money on the federal tax level because that money is re-appropriated to other states. Some of you know more about all this than I do. If that is the case then why don't we just raise the gas tax to where it is similar to other states? And if ours is lower than other states why are our gas prices not lower?

Local tsplost not only keep our taxes out of federal hands it keeps it out of state hands.

Splost are the only way we keep what we take in.

It also allows us to limit the taxes on businesses dependent on fuel.

This is one reason we voted for an Esplost for education, our education taxes are done the same way, they go to the state then the state re-proportions it to all the schools in the state. Generally poorer communities will get some of our tax dollars for their schools.

Generally splost are written in a way that they can only be used for certain things.

I believe our esplost can pay for either new school or things like that, but can not be used for teacher salaries.

My understanding of this new splost is when it is collected by the state it is literally placed in an account, we have to submit the cost of the current project and we receive that money when there is enough in the account to pay for this project.

That is to prevent open ended projects from lack of funds. If your region completes it's projects before the 10 years by law you can't collect another dime.

I doubt that it will be the case because the price of projects go up for every year they aren't done.

The best thing across the board about splost is giving control over the locals to use the money for their needs, because we know best what our needs are, not someone in DC. or Atlanta for that matter.

Also at the new hospital. The 6 lanes ends at 120. So it will further back up the intersection at 278 and 120, but allow you to easily get past all the businesses on 278. I really think that the by-pass currently under construction will alleviate a lot of the traffic on 278.

The idea was always to route traffic down Bill Curruth to connect to 92.

Part of 92 goes through historic Hiram, you don't get road widening in historic district ever. The same goes for the Dallas by-pass. You by-pass it or you let it bottle neck just like 120 does when you get to Marietta.

Historical areas are part of the earliest infrastructure most of it going back a hundred years, it was the best they had then. I have never seen a successful campaign for ripping out a historic district. You spend millions to get around it or you grit your teeth and drive slowly through it.

Another Cobb county campaign against the Tsplost.

Everything on that website applies to a totally separate region with totally separate projects that have nothing to do with region one projects. Our taxes collected here will not go to there projects ever not a dime.

You do realize that you are spinning your wheels, right? Logic and truths will never outweigh closed minded, tax haters who will never be concerned for the greater good our community, even if it is just going to cost them pennies. Hopefully there enough informed and intelligent people in Paulding than are on this site and they will see the benefits this money will bring to our county.

• Like 1

So they want to create a bottleneck on 278. 6 lanes in Paulding then 4 at the Cobb line, no thank you.

That is absolutely not true, if Cobb does not pass it and we do, we can widen our portion and Cobb will do what they have always done, get the lions share of fuel tax and widen that.

Paulding will never see a dime of fuel tax for widening of 278, Cobb and Atlanta get whatever they want of the fuel tax. What they don't want is to see the tax go into something they can't control and they are fighting it on that bases.

For us the fact that control of that money will never change with elections is good for us.

The idea was always to route traffic down Bill Curruth to connect to 92.

Part of 92 goes through historic Hiram, you don't get road widening in historic district ever. The same goes for the Dallas by-pass. You by-pass it or you let it bottle neck just like 120 does when you get to Marietta.

Historical areas are part of the earliest infrastructure most of it going back a hundred years, it was the best they had then. I have never seen a successful campaign for ripping out a historic district. You spend millions to get around it or you grit your teeth and drive slowly through it.

I was told when asking local Hiram City officials about adding a light at 92 and Main Street that they would not be able to do that because there are already plans in the works to widen 92 so they cannot add a light there. So to me that means that they are in fact going to widen 92 through historic Hiram.

That is absolutely not true, if Cobb does not pass it and we do, we can widen our portion and Cobb will do what they have always done, get the lions share of fuel tax and widen that.

Paulding will never see a dime of fuel tax for widening of 278, Cobb and Atlanta get whatever they want of the fuel tax. What they don't want is to see the tax go into something they can't control and they are fighting it on that bases.

For us the fact that control of that money will never change with elections is good for us.

But why does 278 need to be widened when we are building a by-pass around 278 as we speak?

• Like 1

You do realize that you are spinning your wheels, right? Logic and truths will never outweigh closed minded, tax haters who will never be concerned for the greater good our community, even if it is just going to cost them pennies. Hopefully there enough informed and intelligent people in Paulding than are on this site and they will see the benefits this money will bring to our county.

Thats ok because everyone reading this is not everyone writing in the thread.

I can't stop people from believing in myths, but I can certainly put the truth out there for others that have had no information except the made up vote no campaigners out of Atlanta and Cobb

I am pretty sure though that most people do know where they live and what roads that they use to go back and forth from work. I gave people a map they can find themselves on it and figure out that there money only goes to projects on a list.

They don't like the list vote no, you like the list think it will benefit you personally vote yes. It is that simple we all spend money on things that benefit us. I don't have the money to improve any road by myself, but this is an opportunity for like minded people to pool their money together for something they like and want.

I can't stop people from believing in myths, but I can certainly put the truth out there for others that have had no information except the made up vote no campaigners out of Atlanta and Cobb

I am pretty sure though that most people do know where they live and what roads that they use to go back and forth from work. I gave people a map they can find themselves on it and figure out that there money only goes to projects on a list.

They don't like the list vote no, you like the list think it will benefit you personally vote yes. It is that simple we all spend money on things that benefit us. I don't have the money to improve any road by myself, but this is an opportunity for like minded people to pool their money together for something they like and want.

:good:

I was told when asking local Hiram City officials about adding a light at 92 and Main Street that they would not be able to do that because there are already plans in the works to widen 92 so they cannot add a light there. So to me that means that they are in fact going to widen 92 through historic Hiram.

But why does 278 need to be widened when we are building a by-pass around 278 as we speak?

Historic Hiram widening is way down on the list of our existing tsplost and probably even further down on the state DOT projects.

There are a lot of plans and very little money coming in to fund them, due to us using less fuel and the loss of some of that to the feds.

278 is maxed out as far as the volume of traffic it can handle. The 70% of our population that commutes has to get out of the county.

With the cost of reale state being so cheap many of our young people are leaving to go towards the city, that is the only place they can make a living wage and it doesn't make sense to them to commute. It also is having an impact on our own housing market. Not to mention economic development.Commutes are one of the things people and business look at.

Commutes are killing local business in that people are spending outside the county.

The splost has more positives for paulding than many of the other cities and towns in other regions.

**************************************************************************************************************

For God's sake people, listen to LPPT, she's reel smart you know. If this don't pass CHILDREN ARE GONE DIE. PERIOD. I seen it on the t.v. the mom couldn't get to the kid cause of the traffifk He died. do this for the childrens!!!! they are gone build every single thing that you want and not build nothing that you don't want. and they ain't going to give the contracts to their cousins neither...theys going to give it to you.

• Like 2

Move closer to your job or change your schedule like the rest of us do.

Like some have already said, the increased gas tax will affect ALL DRIVERS, not just local residents. All trucks driving through, all vacation travel, all tourists, everyone needs gas to get through this state. It's more "fair" for a gas tax then another local sales tax. BTW, whatever happened to The Fair Tax? Then it wouldn't matter who had the high income and who didn't, we all pay the same, legal resident, tourist, immigrant, whether they're rich or poor folk.

I don't want to sit in the construction that's paid for with a tax the people overwhelmingly DON'T WANT. I don't want to pay a tax for the extra construction, either. I leave early to get to work and will wait a little to leave so I don't sit in the parking lots that have become all roads home. I've also arranged to work off-peak traffic hours when I have to work down-town. That helps both my company and me and I don't have to pay extra. I am voting HELL NO.

And how on earth do you get to an interstate in a half an hour (one of your earlier posts). It takes me a minimum of an hour to get to an interstate, no matter which way I travel toward Atlanta. If I'm going to the city, I leave 2-2 &1/2 hours ahead of when I have to be there. I'm usually early. I'd rather be early and having a coffee before I clock in then sitting on the parking-lot interstates and losing money because I'm late.

Wow you just described the hell that Paulding commuters go through daily and you are going to fight a tax that will alleviate it. you can't tolerate a year or 2 of construction to alleviate that. I bet your kids miss you a lot while you are leaving 2 hours early having coffee, do you get to see them all of an hour when you get home while you are doing your chores, then putting them in bed.

Historic Hiram widening is way down on the list of our existing tsplost and probably even further down on the state DOT projects.

There are a lot of plans and very little money coming in to fund them, due to us using less fuel and the loss of some of that to the feds.

278 is maxed out as far as the volume of traffic it can handle. The 70% of our population that commutes has to get out of the county.

With the cost of reale state being so cheap many of our young people are leaving to go towards the city, that is the only place they can make a living wage and it doesn't make sense to them to commute. It also is having an impact on our own housing market. Not to mention economic development.Commutes are one of the things people and business look at.

Commutes are killing local business in that people are spending outside the county.

The splost has more positives for paulding than many of the other cities and towns in other regions.

But here's my issues. The only project on that list that would affect me, and it's really not that much of an effect since I take back roads to avoid 278, is the widening of 278. BUT, that problem is already being dealt with by by-passing 278 through the extension of Bill Carruth. So they have a project planned that will not be needed. The reason that 278 backs up is because of people trying to get through that area that are not shopping, the by-pass and existing back roads or side roads, which I use EXTENSIVELY, will clear that up. The other reason that 278 backs up is poorly timed lights. Is Tsplost even addressing that? If this is how our money is going to be spent then I definitely don't want to give it to the people who think that that is a worthwhile project.

So, in short, and in conclusion, despite the information you have provided I am still going to vote no, and encourage others to do the same.

Wow you just described the hell that Paulding commuters go through daily and you are going to fight a tax that will alleviate it. you can't tolerate a year or 2 of construction to alleviate that. I bet your kids miss you a lot while you are leaving 2 hours early having coffee, do you get to see them all of an hour when you get home while you are doing your chores, then putting them in bed.

To quote the supporters of tsplost, this will not reduce commute times. It is an "economic development" issue.