Paulding.com

Paulding- be on the look out

I did not get a nixle report but Paulding County sheriff just posted a warning on their fb

Can someone get on and copy and paste it here. I can't from my phone.

It is an important warning that people need to know

Okay I got a nixle report right when I posted

Alert: The Paulding County Sheriff's Office wants to warn citizens of a "police impersonator" in Paulding County.

The Paulding County Sheriff's Office wants to warn citizens to be aware of a "police impersonator" in Paulding County. Last night (07/06/12), there was a report that a black Ford Crown Victoria with a blue light on the dash stopped a vehicle in southern Paulding County. Two white males in dressed in business attire approached the driver of the vehicle. Once the two white males made contact with the lone female driver, one of the males took her wallet and they both fled the

scene.

Citizens need to be aware that if you are stopped by law enforcement you can proceed to a well lit area before you pull over. Remember to turn on your hazard lights and slow your speed below the posted speed limit. If you are still not sure it is law enforcement call 911 and confirm that it is a Paulding County Deputy.

If you have any information on the "police impersonators" please call the Paulding County Sheriff's Office at (770) 443-3010.

The Paulding County Sheriff's Office wants to warn citizens to be aware of a "police impersonator" in Paulding County. Last night (07/06/12), there was a report that a black Ford Crown Victoria with a blue light on the dash stopped a vehicle in southern Paulding County.

Two white males in dressed in business attire approached the driver of the vehicle. Once the two white males made contact with the lone female driver, one of the males took her wallet and they both fled the scene.

This was posted on FB

That is very scary

Is it true that cops only pull you over with lights on the hood with a cop looking car ??

Or would a disguised cop be able to do this also?

I would say

When in doubt always pull to the first open gas station or where people are and call 911 to let them know.

• Like 1

That is very scary

Is it true that cops only pull you over with lights on the hood with a cop looking car ??

Or would a disguised cop be able to do this also?

I would say

When in doubt always pull to the first open gas station or where people are and call 911 to let them know.

Nowadays there is difficulty figuring out what is a "cop looking car", local law enforcement drive various cars and SUVs. Federal agencies like the FBI and Marshals drive almost anything and any color vehicles purchased for undercover ops or seized from drug dealers.

Fake cops or wanna-be cops can buy old police cars and blue lights at various auctions around the country online and in person. The agencies selling the old surplus stuff do not usually check IDs, only the manufactures do when they sell the stuff new.

I've never seen an "undercover/ detective" (ununiformed) police pull over a citizen. That is NOT thier job. Maybe one of our local police knowledgable people will step in and she'd some light on this.

Also, I would think if a unmarked car (legitamate deputy) tried to pull you over, they would be understanding as to why a person wouldn't pull over on a dark, unused road and wait til they got to a populated area. As LNG as a person isn't speeding awaypardon.gif

This is scary. Thanks for the heads up. I have a grown child in that area that needs to know this!

I've never seen an "undercover/ detective" (ununiformed) police pull over a citizen. That is NOT thier job. Maybe one of our local police knowledgable people will step in and she'd some light on this.

Also, I would think if a unmarked car (legitamate deputy) tried to pull you over, they would be understanding as to why a person wouldn't pull over on a dark, unused road and wait til they got to a populated area. As LNG as a person isn't speeding awaypardon.gif

Great post and I hopefully agree.