Paulding.com

Most of you don't know me..

My car broke down tonight, and I have an interview up on 120 tomorrow in Dallas (@ Wendys). Car is getting worked on Wednesday. If there is anyway I could get a rid from someone... I'd really appreciate it. Anyone willing to help me out? If you can run me by my bank first (LGE) I can get you some money for gas. I can NOT afford to miss this interview.

• Like 1

My dad is taking me, sorry I posted this and crashed out. I was on the side of the road for a few hours last night trying to get a hold of someone. Thankyou, all three, for offering to help.

Erm...

Anyone know of a taxi service in Paulding?

Edited by smb90

so ... how did the interview go?

Magic Mommy was nice enough to give me a lift... Thank you so much! <3 It was very lovely to meet you and your babies today.

-.-

There was no interview. I dressed up in my best jeans and a really nice dress shirt because I don't have a lot of nice clothes... I don't care about clothes truthfully... I care about the car, the animals, having enough food to feed all of us, and my family. They wouldn't interview me because I was in Jeans. -.-;

Might be a little late for you but..... www.unitedpauldingtaxi.com

Never to late. I actually am going to need it for my back and forth... I cracked my head and I dunno how much it is going to be to fix it.

Edited by smb90

Magic Mommy was nice enough to give me a lift... Thank you so much! <3 It was very lovely to meet you and your babies today.

-.-

There was no interview. I dressed up in my best jeans and a really nice dress shirt because I don't have a lot of nice clothes... I don't care about clothes truthfully... I care about the car, the animals, having enough food to feed all of us, and my family. They wouldn't interview me because I was in Jeans. -.-;

Never to late. I actually am going to need it for my back and forth... I cracked my head and I dunno how much it is going to be to fix it.

WENDY'S would interview in jeans??? Not the kind of place I thought would require you to wear slacks for an interview. It is fast food after all!!

(go ahead.....y'all beat me up)

PM me what size slacks you wear. Working from home I don't wear mine anymore.

I'll spot ya a pair to wear on interviews if you're my size.

I am surprised a fast food restaurant wouldn't give an interview for someone wearing nice jeans. That is insane - in this day and time and especially in this economy. Not everyone would have dress slacks when they are unemployed. Don't they wear uniforms when they are working? So, it's not as though you'd need a wardrobe of nice slacks. :( Did they at least reschedule your interview??

WENDY'S would interview in jeans??? Not the kind of place I thought would require you to wear slacks for an interview. It is fast food after all!!

(go ahead.....y'all beat me up)

PM me what size slacks you wear. Working from home I don't wear mine anymore.

I'll spot ya a pair to wear on interviews if you're my size.

My thoughts exactly.

I will shoot you a message in a minute...when I figure out what size I wear. xD

I am surprised a fast food restaurant wouldn't give an interview for someone wearing nice jeans. That is insane - in this day and time and especially in this economy. Not everyone would have dress slacks when they are unemployed. Don't they wear uniforms when they are working? So, it's not as though you'd need a wardrobe of nice slacks. :( Did they at least reschedule your interview??

I got them to reschedule. The new one is on Thursday at 4pm.

My thoughts exactly.

I will shoot you a message in a minute...when I figure out what size I wear. xD

I got them to reschedule. The new one is on Thursday at 4pm.

Good for you for getting it rescheduled.

I think I'm a little taller than you, but a hem job would solve that problem.

Good for you for getting it rescheduled.

I think I'm a little taller than you, but a hem job would solve that problem.

Do you know how to hem? xD

I need to learn it. I am 5 foot 2 inches

-.-

I've got two outfit choices for you in your size and will bring them to you sometime tomorow. Call me and let me know when. You'll be prepared for Thursday, I promise!

• Like 2

Yes, I may have some, too. I'm the same height as you (almost, I'm 5'1.5" lol) and I have some dress pants left from my office days. I have some cute button downs, too.

Yes, I may have some, too. I'm the same height as you (almost, I'm 5'1.5" lol) and I have some dress pants left from my office days. I have some cute button downs, too.

Yay! Let's hear it for the shorties! :yahoo:

Do you know how to hem? xD

I need to learn it. I am 5 foot 2 inches

I learned how to hem when I was a teenager. It's not hard. I checked and there are instructions online---some videos, but some seemed more complicated than needed.

Use hem tape. I have some called Heat Bond (or something like that) You iron it on and it keeps your "hem" in place for quite a while. Mine usually lasts several months then I just do it again when it starts to come apart. I got it in the sewing section at Walmart. I have a brand new roll of it and will share some if you want it.

I'm not. With so many people looking for jobs they can be as picky as they want to be. And several places will provide you a uniform, but you need to supply the pants. And many of the uniforms are the supplied shirt, and slacks.

Right now, anyone going in for an interview really should wear shirt, tie, slacks or shirt, slacks/dress skirt/pants suit.

An this is the exact reason I like living in the south... we are always here to lend a hand...

Being in the South has nothing to do with it. Being the kind of person that would like to help has everything to do with it.

One day, I'm going to start a thread on how all these wonderful people in the south have stabbed me in the back....then I'll start a thread on all the people in the north have stabbed me in the back, then I'll start a thread on how all the people in the Midwest.......

You get the point.

Good people are everywhere and it does not matter where you are or where you are from.

• Like 3

Yes, I graduated and I am almost finished with college. Not that it is any of your business. No, I don't really care how well my grammar is on forums, and no... it's not my English that is terrible in these post, it's my grammar. :)

I didn't ask for your negative input, and I sure as hell don't need it (or care for it). Not all of us are stuck up and judgmental to people we don't know. The fact of the matter is, I am between a rock and a hard place right now, and I could really use a little bit of help. I will ask that this topic be closed, please, by one of the staff here at pcom... and thank you everyone for your help and positive input.

Sorry smb. some people have small minds and sad hearts. pay no mind to the a-hole behind the computer.