Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
jan tripcony

suggestions on anniversary dinner

Another one. Sheeze folks. :(

I really went huh? When I read this post as a solution for an anniversy dinner. She gets to do the shopping, preparation and worry that it will turn out right. He gets to walk in the door and have a treat of a dinner.

Everyone is different and I have done this for my husband before.....when I was like 24. I've smartened up since then. :D

And before I get jumped on, I think it is important that it's a loving, happy day, that is happy for both of you.

Happy Anniversary!

Right on.

There is no way for my anniversary dinner I'm going to do all the preparation and then the clean up. No way.

For an anniversary dinner, it must be nice. Special. Relaxing. Working to make it a great meal is still working.

I'm making reservations for Canyon Grill and hotel reservations at the Double Tree in Chattanooga now for a weekend in September. It's not our anniversary but it is a special time we celebrate each year. And the second night we will have dinner at Hennen's. It is something we do every year and if he even dared suggest I cook something and stay home, it would not be pretty.

Canyon Grill My link

Hennen's My link

Right on.

There is no way for my anniversary dinner I'm going to do all the preparation and then the clean up. No way.

For an anniversary dinner, it must be nice. Special. Relaxing. Working to make it a great meal is still working.

I'm making reservations for Canyon Grill and hotel reservations at the Double Tree in Chattanooga now for a weekend in September. It's not our anniversary but it is a special time we celebrate each year. And the second night we will have dinner at Hennen's. It is something we do every year and if he even dared suggest I cook something and stay home, it would not be pretty.

Canyon Grill My link

Hennen's My link

Love Hennen's. So glad you are going there!

If you want really special, get out of Paulding and make the drive into Atlanta - it's worth it. :drinks:

There are a couple of places in Cartersville that you might like. One place I really like is the Appalachian Grill.

Been a year or so since we've been, but my wife and I enjoyed the anniversary dinner we had at the Appalachian Grill.

Rodney's is good but for an anniversary dinner that you wanted to make special?

Really?

Glad you are able to see the sentiment. :blink:

Hi Rockey's mom

I see your sentiment, and assume you have never been to our banquet room. Granted we may not be the fanciest place in town, but we have a very nice banquet room which will accommodate 60, and we pride ourselves on providing the best service and attention of any place in Paulding. We host many birthdays, receiptions and anniversary parties, and I believe our guests leave happy. Those who have dined with us see the difference quality food and attention make when having a party at Rodney's..... At least those who give us the opportunity to serve prior to making a decision.

Assume you see the sentiment as well. :)

Wayne

Hubby and I are getting ready to celebrate our anniversary soon and would love some ideas on a nice

place that is close (Paulding or somewhat close by) to go out to eat. Does not have to be fancy, just looking for really good food and nice atmosphere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :wub:

Dallasbrowneyes

We would be honored to make your anniversary a special one. If you would like to discuss and sample our food, please call me at 770-445-5114.

Thanks!

Wayne

Hi Rockey's mom

I see your sentiment, and assume you have never been to our banquet room. Granted we may not be the fanciest place in town, but we have a very nice banquet room which will accommodate 60, and we pride ourselves on providing the best service and attention of any place in Paulding. We host many birthdays, receiptions and anniversary parties, and I believe our guests leave happy. Those who have dined with us see the difference quality food and attention make when having a party at Rodney's..... At least those who give us the opportunity to serve prior to making a decision.

Assume you see the sentiment as well. :)

Wayne

I see your sentiment loud and clear! :D. I've been to your place several times and like I said, it was good. Please don't take my post as an offense, it was not meant like that at all.

I thought the OP wanted something different and special.

Tell you what, if my husband brought me to a BBQ place for our special anniversary dinner I would have an absolute fit! Maybe I'm just a little bit higher maintenance. :)

I see your sentiment loud and clear! :D. I've been to your place several times and like I said, it was good. Please don't take my post as an offense, it was not meant like that at all.

I thought the OP wanted something different and special.

Tell you what, if my husband brought me to a BBQ place for our special anniversary dinner I would have an absolute fit! Maybe I'm just a little bit higher maintenance. :)

Oh I’m certainly not offended, but respectfully offer a different point of view. Would you really be offended if your husband took you to a “bbq place” if the food was perfect, service perfect, and every attention to detail was made a priority, just because of the name or the furniture?

I agree we’re certainly not Aspens or Ruth’s Chris, but my point is we offer the personal touch of taking the stress out of any event. We watch every detail, encourage the guest to sample foods, and give 110% to assure your party is perfect.

I totally agree you have the right to go wherever you wish: I just want to make sure our local family owned restaurant gets an opportunity to serve. Don’t discount the local restaurant. We’re a lot more that a BBQ house, and given the opportunity, we prove it every day. There's something to be said about being welcomed by name at the door...

Wayne

You won't find it in Paulding.

Lower end: try Dogwood Terrace in Acworth.

Middle of the Road: Babette's Cafe in Atlanta.

Upper end: Hal's Steakhouse (the BEST steak in Atlanta, hands down).

La Scalia in Rome is not bad for Italian.

La scalia is a huge rip off, stay away far way.

I very seldom say anything bad about a business, we went after my daughter's graduation the food was beyond terrible, a 300.00 check for stuff we not only couldn't finish we did not want to, it was garbage.

La scalia is a huge rip off, stay away far way.

I very seldom say anything bad about a business, we went after my daughter's graduation the food was beyond terrible, a 300.00 check for stuff we not only couldn't finish we did not want to, it was garbage.

When I went to La Scalia is was yummy.

Vincent's is good for Italian but it is not anniversary nice.

Love Hennen's. So glad you are going there!

It's a once-a-year thing and we always like it. And we always take our own bottle of wine because the wines there are good but not what we normally have for a really nice dinner. At $15 for the corking fee, it's worth it.

If you like Cajun food try Henry's in downtown Acworth -- there are some other nice restaurants there too.

Fusco's Via Roma

I haven't been to Henry's, but there is good Cajun food in our county. Love Cajun's Cookin!