Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
jan tripcony

suggestions on anniversary dinner

Hubby and I are getting ready to celebrate our anniversary soon and would love some ideas on a nice

place that is close (Paulding or somewhat close by) to go out to eat. Does not have to be fancy, just looking for really good food and nice atmosphere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :wub:

Hubby and I are getting ready to celebrate our anniversary soon and would love some ideas on a nice

place that is close (Paulding or somewhat close by) to go out to eat. Does not have to be fancy, just looking for really good food and nice atmosphere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :wub:

You won't find it in Paulding.

Lower end: try Dogwood Terrace in Acworth.

Middle of the Road: Babette's Cafe in Atlanta.

Upper end: Hal's Steakhouse (the BEST steak in Atlanta, hands down).

La Scalia in Rome is not bad for Italian.

You won't find it in Paulding.

Lower end: try Dogwood Terrace in Acworth.

Middle of the Road: Babette's Cafe in Atlanta.

Upper end: Hal's Steakhouse (the BEST steak in Atlanta, hands down).

La Scalia in Rome is not bad for Italian.

So there is nowhere decent to eat in Paulding county? You are a piece of work.

The Olive Tree in downtown Hiram has good food and a nice atmosphere

• Like 4

There are plenty of decent places, no great places though, imo.

I second Henrys. Love that place.

• Like 2

If you like Cajun food try Henry's in downtown Acworth -- there are some other nice restaurants there too.

Fusco's Via Roma

I'll second Fuscos!!

YUM!!

If you want good Italian, don't screw around with other places, just go to Fuscos!

Edited by Blondiega1
  • Like 1

MEH, I wasn't impressed with Henry's.

I agree with Gabe's or Fusco's.

And I agree that there are no decent anniversary type places in Paulding. There is some decent food but not life event decent.

• Like 1

I didn't say that. I didn't say there were no "decent places in Paulding." The person who made the thread didn't say that either. Please don't twist my post into something I didn't say.

I said you won't find the sort of place that is she is describing for a nice anniversary dinner. The places here are too loud or too many kids or too family oriented or just not up to par for a nice anniversary dinner. A dinner like that requires better food and a nice atmosphere that just can't be found here.

Again, please be truthful with my words.

• Like 3

I didn't say that. I didn't say there were no "decent places in Paulding." The person who made the thread didn't say that either. Please don't twist my post into something I didn't say.

I said you won't find the sort of place that is she is describing for a nice anniversary dinner. The places here are too loud or too many kids or too family oriented or just not up to par for a nice anniversary dinner. A dinner like that requires better food and a nice atmosphere that just can't be found here.

Again, please be truthful with my words.

But it wouldnt be P.Com if they didnt. :blush: And I second The Olive Tree. If you go there ask for Chip. Lol. And if you go out of Paulding I agree with Henrys.

I totally disagree with the "piece of work" remark.

I too did not think of the Olive Tree. But now that you've brought it up, we've been there several times and always had a good meal. I really do not think I would recommend it to anyone as the place for a special occasion meal. I would recommend it as good for casual dining. But then again I would not recommend Longhorn for a special occasion meal either. Now if my brother-in-law calls and is headed over from Atlanta we jump in the car and head to Olive Tree, Jim & Nicks, Longhorn, Texas Roadhouse or Briar Patch... All good, but not the places for those special and memorable nights out.

I don't think I'm a "piece of work" either because I don't consider Olive Tree that special place for that special occasion meal.

But then again that's just me.

I'm headed to Sal Grosso's Brazilian Steakhouse on Powers Ferry for my burfday. I've never eaten there before but it looks like something different than the regular old food and cheezity atmosphere. I probably won't eat for days afterwards.

I'm headed to Sal Grosso's Brazilian Steakhouse on Powers Ferry for my burfday. I've never eaten there before but it looks like something different than the regular old food and cheezity atmosphere. I probably won't eat for days afterwards.

Don't eat for 2 days before you go.

:lol:

• Like 2

Happy burfday!

Whew! Hope you have lots of money! There were four of us that went about 7 years ago and our bill was around $260.00. It was good, but not that good!

Ocean Prime in Buckhead!!! , and there is always the Sundial Restaurant.

Edited by Candycane

I like The Steakhouse in Rockmart, but it's not an anniversary place, and also The Olive Tree.

I believe Sam & Roscos in D'ville might fit the bill, but we haven't been there, just heard about it.

There are a couple of places in Cartersville that you might like. One place I really like is the Appalacian Grill. The other place I have never been to but there was some great reviews on p.com about it a while back. Of course I can't think of the name (something house maybe?) but it is only open on Friday evenings and it is in an old house and the price is a flat $25/person and includes several courses.

If you like Mexican the atmosphere at LaParilla's is nice. I've never eaten there but have been by a few time to buy gift certificates for teachers who had it listed at their favorite restaurant. I've also never eaten at Henry's in Acworth but another teacher had that place listed as their favorite.

Aspens at the avenues. We went there once when we werent in the mood to drive far. Nice and yummy

Upstairs shillings on the square is always nice and fun too- Marietta square

Edited by CarolineElizabeth
  • Like 1

That's a good place to pig out. Fogo de Chao is another. Good.

No one mentioned Morton's or Canoe, both are really good for a special occasion.

• Like 1

Sam and Roscos in douglasville. Great food. Good price. Close to paulding.

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!

Check their food score before you go. They made the news about a month ago. Hopefully, the problem has been taken care of. :huh:

Aspen's on Dallas Highway at The Avenue Shops.

I agree it is nice and good,the dress requirement for guys is a sport coat.:unsure:

Check their food score before you go. They made the news about a month ago. Hopefully, the problem has been taken care of. :huh:

I hope so. Wish I didn't hear that. Dang..just dang

I second Fusco's in Acworth. It is delicious. I also like Aspens in West Cobb a lot. If you want to travel a bit but stay out of Atlanta, try the Old Vinnings Inn in Vinnings. There's also South City Kitchen near there which is good as well.

We love Henry's and have celebrated our anniversary there. We also went to the Old Mill Restaurant in Acworth recently, and it was great! Where ever you end up going, enjoy and Happy Anniversary!

Olive Tree would be nice, especially if you planned this for a Saturday for a late lunch, get them to open up just for the two of you and plan everything before hand so they could wait on you hand and foot in a private setting. It might cost a bit, but it would definitely be unique, different, and memorable.

• Like 1

Rodneys is great and good food and great service.:good:

Rodney's is good but for an anniversary dinner that you wanted to make special?

Really?

Glad you are able to see the sentiment. :blink:

• Like 1

Instead of going out, why not use your good china, crystal etc and cook something you normally wouldn't do. A lot of times we'll do steak and lobster tails, etc. and is a lot less than going out.

• Like 1

Instead of going out, why not use your good china, crystal etc and cook something you normally wouldn't do. A lot of times we'll do steak and lobster tails, etc. and is a lot less than going out.

Another one. Sheeze folks. :(

I really went huh? When I read this post as a solution for an anniversy dinner. She gets to do the shopping, preparation and worry that it will turn out right. He gets to walk in the door and have a treat of a dinner.

Everyone is different and I have done this for my husband before.....when I was like 24. I've smartened up since then. :D

And before I get jumped on, I think it is important that it's a loving, happy day, that is happy for both of you.

Happy Anniversary!

• Like 2