Paulding.com

JOB INTERVIEW

Women in Pantyhose crack me up. My mom is 69 and wear them. I can't stand to see a woman under 50 wearing themi think the girls at Hooters look goofy with them as well. Style change and we should do a little but if that as well.

• Like 1

I thought you were moving?

Not till the kids are out of school next June. DH will be back in the Spring. Pensacola didn't work out :(

Women in Pantyhose crack me up. My mom is 69 and wear them. I can't stand to see a woman under 50 wearing themi think the girls at Hooters look goofy with them as well. Style change and we should do a little but if that as well.

So you like seeing women in the dead of winter wearing them with WHITE legs...I wear them then but not in the Summer...Just for job interviews I will. I agree panty hose with shorts looks bad :blink:

From a male perspective, I prefer a female job candidate to come in, dressed to impressed, but not provocatively. The dress should be long enough, and not a low cut, so as not to distract or make the interviewer believe the female candidate is attempting to use other physical attributes to get the job. Even if the job would require a casual dress, I would expect men to at least wear a tie and women to wear a dress. When candidates come in wearing slacks or jeans, it makes it appear that the job interview might have been an afterthought when they got dressed that morning. Just my opinion...

Not an attack just a difference of opinion --- I don't really understand why a dress on a woman is considered more professional or more "dressy." Dress pants and a blouse are every bit as professional and usually much more practical. Unless someone is truly tied to their desk all day, and depending on the work conditions, a dress could be limit some basic job functions. I think the mindset of women having to wear dresses went out somewhere during the 1970s. :)

For example: I used to have a job that was somewhat tied to a desk. We had a file room and storage room where old files or materials could be hard to reach or require climbing a ladder to get on top of a shelf. If I were wearing a dress, I would have to ask someone else to get some things for me that I could have easily retrieved myself in pants and saved time for both of us.