Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mls1968

i-tunes on the county credit card

I was looking at some papers today that had information about the Paulding County Credit Card that is used by the present County Commissioner and the Present County Manager. I could not believe there were i-tunes purchased with this credit card. What does i-tunes have to do with the county? Also, you would not believe the McDonalds and other fast food resturants that were on these papers.

I was so blown away that our tax payers money is going toward i-tunes, fast food resturants and web sites that sell covers for cell phones. I know good and well the county has plenty of cell phone covers all they had to do was just ask for one. I am also, trying to figure out some other enteries that are on these cards.

Anyone can go to the county and get copies of these papers. I think everyone should after all it is our money that is used to pay these payments.

I was looking at some papers today that had information about the Paulding County Credit Card that is used by the present County Commissioner and the Present County Manager. I could not believe there were i-tunes purchased with this credit card. What does i-tunes have to do with the county? Also, you would not believe the McDonalds and other fast food resturants that were on these papers.

I was so blown away that our tax payers money is going toward i-tunes, fast food resturants and web sites that sell covers for cell phones. I know good and well the county has plenty of cell phone covers all they had to do was just ask for one. I am also, trying to figure out some other enteries that are on these cards.

Anyone can go to the county and get copies of these papers. I think everyone should after all it is our money that is used to pay these payments.

Wow, that's transparent. What branch of Tony's family are you in?:wacko:

• Like 1

What she said ^^. MrB has a company card, and he pays the bill every month out of pocket, in full. He also fills out an expense report and does not list personal purchases. Hes reimbursed the payment.

Rarely has he used the card for personal purchases, but still... It's in his name, but through the company, with the company name under his. Does that make sense? Lol

Also, I don't mind the county paying for McDonalds... It's better than some hoity toity (sp?) steak house in ATL where the plates are $$$$$.

JMO

Edited by MrsB

I have had many jobs with company credit cards and every one allowed non-reimbursable personal usage as long as the balance was paid off monthly.

Nice 2nd post....obvious this is not a political plant!!!! :D :D :D

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Damn....I opened this thread thinking the county was giving away free iTunes stuff. I was wondering who I needed to vote for.

So........ after careful consideration I would like to announce my candidacy in the race for president of paulding county. Upon being elected I promise to clean up downtown Dallas and give away free iTunes cards.

CRABBYDADDY FOR PRESIDENT :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thank you for your support,

Crabby Ray Daddy

Edited by CrabbyDaddy
  • Like 1

I think before folks make accusations they should find out the facts. Doesn't sound like they have in this case. I am losing so much respect for people who just try to fling mud to see if it sticks.

Sounds to me like a suit may be able to be brought against an employee that is sharing financial information...just sayin.

Welcome to Pcom, your 2nd post was amazing.

Edited by mysterious

Sounds to me like a suit may be able to be brought against an employee that is sharing financial information...just sayin.

Welcome to Pcom, your 2nd post was amazing.

These receipts are public records

The County shows a lot of items on the local news channel that has background music. Parks and Recreation and the Christmas Parade come to mind. It is possible that these iTunes were used for these purposes. The music must be purchased somewhere.

I think before folks make accusations they should find out the facts. Doesn't sound like they have in this case. I am losing so much respect for people who just try to fling mud to see if it sticks.

:good: :good:

There are a couple on Pcom that come to mind.... :)

I always thought that when you use a company or county credit card you have to keep an expense sheet showing what you purchased and why.

Is there one of these and can it be seen with an open records request?

If anything I am going to upset if David is taking the representatives of large companies and other high ranking government people out to lunch at McDonalds.

Now on the other hand if he is stopping at McDonalds for lunch and dinner maybe when he goes to the capital or has meetings in Macon or Savannah, he needs to start brown bagging it. :wacko:

I have had company credit cards for the 2 large Atlanta law firms I was Marketing Director / Operations for and I used to laugh at how some of my purchases looked to anyone who might not know what my job duties were. We conducted a lot of training sessions for our employees (complete with rewards, etc.), client events, continuing education classes, etc. and all the costs associated with these events went on my card. There were also times when we would have "working lunches" in which the firm would pay the cost.

I truly believe the itunes and McDonald's charges are a "non issue". If that's all anyone can find that even insinuates wrong doing, then it sounds like our County Commission Chairman and County Manager are doing a great job!

iTunes is the only way to add an app to an Apple iPhone. You have to have the account and money in it, even if the app that you are downloading is free.

Is this all the "scandal" you can dredge up?

iTunes is the only way to add an app to an Apple iPhone. You have to have the account and money in it, even if the app that you are downloading is free.

:drinks:

And I would rather the County pay a few trips to McDonalds for him rather than a 5 star restaurant.

:drinks:

And I would rather the County pay a few trips to McDonalds for him rather than a 5 star restaurant.

And the Mickey D's could have been "snacks" for an early morning meeting with staffers. Or lunch for department heads during a working meeting.

I always thought that when you use a company or county credit card you have to keep an expense sheet showing what you purchased and why.

Is there one of these and can it be seen with an open records request?

If anything I am going to upset if David is taking the representatives of large companies and other high ranking government people out to lunch at McDonalds.

Now on the other hand if he is stopping at McDonalds for lunch and dinner maybe when he goes to the capital or has meetings in Macon or Savannah, he needs to start brown bagging it. :wacko:

If he's going out of town on county business, I see nothing wrong with the county picking up his expenses for lunch or dinner. If he's eating at McDonald's on these trips, I see him as being frugal.

If he's going out of town on county business, I see nothing wrong with the county picking up his expenses for lunch or dinner. If he's eating at McDonald's on these trips, I see him as being frugal.

I hope my sarcasm was apparent.

sounds a lot like my business card. McD's when I'm traveling to or from court, and a few apps to help me be more productive. Now, if it's thousands of dollars we're talking about, that's a different story, but I'm taking a guess it's not that much or we would have gotten the numbers.

sounds a lot like my business card. McD's when I'm traveling to or from court, and a few apps to help me be more productive. Now, if it's thousands of dollars we're talking about, that's a different story, but I'm taking a guess it's not that much or we would have gotten the numbers.

:drinks: :good:

My corporate credit card had repeated monthly charges for Johnny's Pizza on it for years. That was to provide food during working lunches for staff. There were large purchases at Honey Baked Hams in November, December and July for holiday luncheons. There were also charges from the pub down the street because that's where we had retirement gatherings. Over the years, my card also had thousands of dollars worth of cash advances on it that were used at the bank to purchase Amex gift certificates. Don't ask me why I had to pay cash and not just charge them but that's the way bank did it. Those gift certificates were employee rewards.

The bottom line is that without ALL the facts, anyone's credit card statement could look misleading or even fraudulent. Unless you have all the facts, don't be stirring the pot and trying to start drama.

• Like 1

I could put anything I wanted on my corporate cards. If I didn't expense them the charges came out of my pay. The company I have now lets me use my own card so I just expense it, but the previous company required all purchases be made on the company card in order to be reimbursed.

Without a more detailed look I don’t see a problem here.

That's about the kind of thread I would expect to see from a former disgruntled employee who use to work with Tony Crowe in the permit office. Now i'm sure the county won't comment on what led to an employee being fired but i think those are open records as well... Although the records won't tell the entire story.

Actually, I was sent the information along with the "oh Lord, you can't see this an not be upset".

The only thing I'm upset with is the amount of time I spent looking at it. I have lost time and the opportunity it presents for eternity.

But if ten people ask me, I'll grudgingly spend a little more time and upload it to this topic so a dozen of you can lose a half-hour of life to a totally fruitless bit of nosiness. (You'd do as well to smoke a cigarette ;) )

Now to the observations, which I'll upload for all if there is demand.

The charges for itunes are there ... I think three at $14.95 ... and whether that is a significant amount/price point for an app or something ... I wouldn't know being an android user.

The biggest money look to be charges to the Association County Commissioners of Georgia - noted by the ACCG name. I'm assuming these are charges made at a convention for a seminar/coursework that is part of the ACCG training as well as dues, convention attendance fees, etc. The county's agreement with the ACCG for co-insurance I'm sure involves a check with probably five or six figures and these charges were like $299 or $500.

Another key expense would be hotels/meals on the road with the Georgia coast being a large portion. There were airfares to DC and some included the IBA Exec. Director whom I don't believe has a county card.

Beyond that there were occassional - maybe once a week or so - purchases of food at local restaurants with Audry's coming to mind as well as some of the other places in Hiram being a bit less frequent. I suspect that was for take out for working lunches at the county offices given the convenience of that place to the county offices.

I was a bit envious of the travel to the coast although there was just enough of it to be possibly a pain (travel is one of those fine lines) ... and when I think of the Homeland Security shakedown to get on a plane ... I'm not as envious either.

I know the last time I went to DC and stayed at the Georgetown Inn, the overnight was more expensive than that of his stay but hotels in those places (and NY) are rather pricey.

Overall, if I had grown up in a sleepy rural county of 25,000 residents and never ventured further than 50 miles away except once when I went to Alabama or Mississippi, my jaw would be on the floor at the idea you could spend more than $100 at a restaurant or spend more $200 for a room for a night. That's Paulding 30 years ago.

Things have changed and while I know the old timers will retort, 'and not for the better' ... the reality is they have changed.

pubby

I am glad that he chose to spend his money at Audrey's....great people and keeping it in the County.

Unlike a Previous King who took our County money to Ireland to study their water structure.:ninja:

Just sayin.:pardon:

Since when. I don't have any money in mine, never have, and download the free apps all the time.

That being said this scandel is laughable.

Damn....I opened this thread thinking the county was giving away free iTunes stuff. I was wondering who I needed to vote for.

So........ after careful consideration I would like to announce my candidacy in the race for president of paulding county. Upon being elected I promise to clean up downtown Dallas and give away free iTunes cards.

CRABBYDADDY FOR PRESIDENT :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thank you for your support,

Crabby Ray Daddy

Well, crapola. You were doin' so good there till you had to throw in the middle name. :addingcrabbydaddytoserialkillerslist:

stupidest.thread.so.far. :ninja:

Come on, now, girl...you know there's several in the runnin' for that title. :D

I have had many jobs with company credit cards and every one allowed non-reimbursable personal usage as long as the balance was paid off monthly.

Yeppers. In addition to the other things people mentioned, like working lunches, etc.

no one has asked for me to upload the pdf with the credit card stuff on it ...yet.

pubby

Dear Pubby,

Would you kindly upload the pdf.

I would like to print it off and use it for bird cage lining.

Thank you.

I do not care for the print off.........If this is the worst they could come up with I believe that we are in good hands.

• Like 1

no one has asked for me to upload the pdf with the credit card stuff on it ...yet.

pubby

I want to see, if not for any other reason than to ask the OP how often she uses company funds for her own personal purposes.

It's funny, someone mentioned one should look in to the facts before mud slinging... because if you DID look in to the facts

rather than just going off all irate for iTunes purchases, there's a perfectly good explanation.

The commissioners have county issued iPads.

They use the iPads, instead of buying laptops, #1, because they are less expensive than a laptop and #2 because they are

easier to operate and carry around.

The commissioners use the iPads to keep and synchronize their agenda's, board meeting minutes, as well as a few other

useful applications for their day to day COUNTY business.

And as someone state above, an iPAD requires iTunes to get apps as well as any OS updates/upgrades.

Why do people come on here a complain about something rather than simply call the commissioners office and ask for an explanation?

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 1

It's funny, someone mentioned one should look in to the facts before mud slinging... because if you DID look in to the facts

rather than just going off all irate for iTunes purchases, there's a perfectly good explanation.

They use the iPads, instead of buying laptops, #1, because they are less expensive than a laptop and #2 because they are

The commissioners use the iPads to keep and synchronize their agenda's, board meeting minutes, as well as a few other

And as someone state above, an iPAD requires iTunes to get apps as well as any OS updates/upgrades.

Why do people come on here a complain about something rather than simply call the commissioners office and ask for an explanation?

Because they WANT it to be a scandal.

Some people work their 8 hours and go home. All they know is when you're at work, you work. When your shift is up, you go home and forget about the job until your next shift.

They cannot fathom someone who averages 60-80 hours a week taking time in the middle of the day to do something personal, like cutting the grass. Their minds cannot grasp anything other than a conventional work day and work week. Likewise, if you have a company credit card, it had better only be used for company business and nothing that even appears to be personal or you're doing something wrong.

Kinda like Fast and Furious.

No. Not even "kind of" like that.

Some people work their 8 hours and go home. All they know is when you're at work, you work. When your shift is up, you go home and forget about the job until your next shift.

They cannot fathom someone who averages 60-80 hours a week taking time in the middle of the day to do something personal, like cutting the grass. Their minds cannot grasp anything other than a conventional work day and work week. Likewise, if you have a company credit card, it had better only be used for company business and nothing that even appears to be personal or you're doing something wrong.

I was only in sales, but I learned very quickly that I was "on the clock" 24/7. I also provided support and repairs, and was in a hotel 4 nights a week if not more. So, things like that do not bother me.