Paulding.com

All you parents with kids that like Chugginton please step in

Which train set are you or your kids collecting. Go Blue Jr. responds to three things in life other then his dogs and food. "Swimming", Big Trucks/Semi Trucks and Chuggington. He does all the other stuff one year olds do but if you really want to get his attention it's one of those three.

I Want to get him a train set but there appears to be three different types all with advantages/disadvantages. As he is one he will have this for some time I hope. My sister has the interactive one where the trains talk to each other and he really liked that but I read it is not very durable and the diecast is the way to go...but that doesn't have any sort of self moving train....then there is that GeoTrack thing that she has too but that seems to only be Thomas and he's not into that very much.

Any thoughts? Am I being an idiot because he is only 13 months old?

We have Geotrax and Thomas. Geotrax seems to be going by the wayside. You can only find it at the Toys R us and the new trains only come with an engine and remote. The old ones came in two styles push and remote controls with 2 cars and an engine. My son was interested in Geotrax but now really plays with just the Thomas. Thomas has various plastic tracks with mostly motorized engines and the wood tracks. The motorized stuff seems to be everywhere-- Walmart, Target, etc. We don't have any Chuggington but it seems to be widely available at the big box stores. Of course, Toyr R us is going to have the best selection of all of them. Go there and check it out.

We have a few Chuggington and lots of Thomas. Kiddo likes Thomas better but Chuggington doesn't seem to eat batteries like the Thomas' trains do. I think I bought the Chuggington at Walmart and the Thomas trains at Walmart, Target and recently Totsy.com.

Which train set are you or your kids collecting. Go Blue Jr. responds to three things in life other then his dogs and food. "Swimming", Big Trucks/Semi Trucks and Chuggington. He does all the other stuff one year olds do but if you really want to get his attention it's one of those three.

I Want to get him a train set but there appears to be three different types all with advantages/disadvantages. As he is one he will have this for some time I hope. My sister has the interactive one where the trains talk to each other and he really liked that but I read it is not very durable and the diecast is the way to go...but that doesn't have any sort of self moving train....then there is that GeoTrack thing that she has too but that seems to only be Thomas and he's not into that very much.

Any thoughts? Am I being an idiot because he is only 13 months old?

He sounds so precious! I love that he loves his dogs. I went through this with my now-5yo nephew. Some of the stuff I got him he was not interested in till like now (and I got it a couple of years ago). But a lot of stuff I got used on ebay and he's played with it forever, and it was cheap. If you're not sure, that might be something to check out. I also always look at the reviews on amazon...if there's like 75 negatives, I read them and see what they're saying.

Well my wife jumped the gun and bought two of the interactive sets. He LOVES them. They aren't quit the quality I wanted for the money but the fact the trains talk to each other and recognize each other is pretty cool. Plus the controls are so easy even at a year old he is figuring out how to use them and put the trains on the tracks etc. Thanks everyone....