Paulding.com

Need Finger Sandwich Ideas

How small can you cut these up? I have a bunch of people coming so will have to make something stretch.

The best way to stretch your food is to prepare the plates in advance rather than set everything out buffet-style. If you scheduled the shower between a normal mealtime (say 2-4), you shouldn't be expected to give people what passes for lunch or dinner.

I'd say a couple of different tea sandwiches, a few cheese straws (I love those!) and some mixed fruit would make an attractive plate. If there will be a cake or cupcakes, that should be quite enough.

Tortillas, deli meat, cheese, condiments, roll up and slice, makes oodles of spiraled finger sammiches.

I second this idea....quick, easy, affordable, tasty, and best of all easy to manage on a plate!

Roll 'em up, cut across with a pizza cutter, and if you use the large tortillas, you can probably get about 10 finger sandwiches per tortilla.

Another idea....order different kinds of pizza, but tell the store NOT to slice it. When you get the pizza, instead of slicing it the traditional way, run the slicer crossways and vertically so that you wind up with bite sized squares.

Edited by BooRadley

A super easy, tasty and affordable idea are mini quiche. I buy the filo shells ( not sure about the spelling) they are in the freezer section at Krogers next to pie shells. They are light and crunchy when cooked. Make your own quiche filling or you can buy the filling already made up in the frozen section. You can add bacon, ham, spinach just to certain quiches so you have a nice variety. about 45 minutes before you plan to serve pop them in the oven and set them out on trays for your guests to enjoy. A simple and easy finger food that will look like you spent alot of time when really prep time is just a few minutes, enjoy the day

There's always egg salad, pimento cheese, and pineapple/cream cheese sandwiches. I make these sandwiches and stack them, use an electric knife to cut the crusts off, and either cut into triangles, or rectangles. I usually make my own egg salad, pimento cheese, and pineapple/cream cheese/chopped pecans fillings. I also make an open face pineapple/cream cheese sandwich by using the sliced pineapple can to cut the bread into a circle, then put on cream cheese and a slice of pineapple. I put a cherry in the pineapple hole to dress it up.

ETA: I've used white bread, or one slice of white and one of wheat, or both wheat. I've also used french bread - buy a loaf and have the bakery slice it thin for you and leave the crust on.

Edited by Mrs. C

My mom used to make these. (see below)

She'd do tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, homemade pimento cheese, or ever PB&J if there will be little kids present.

Just white bread, filling of choice, and cut the shape out with a cleaned tuna fish can!

(open top and bottom of can to make it easy to pop out the sandwich when you cut them)

She called them Powder Puff sandwiches.

powderpuffsandwich.jpg

• Like 1

I am throwing my daughter a baby shower sat and need finger sandwich ideas. What kinds? What kind of bread? How do you cut them?

Mini crossiants with chicken salad are always a hit. One that my family always serves and people LOVE (not me)are little cucumber open top sands. You take a small round cookie cutter and cut white bread into rounds. Spread softened cream cheese on the round and place a slice of peeled cucumber on top. All done. Not my fav, but they are always the first thing gone.

Why not do mini chicken salad croissants(sp). I make my own chicken salad with grapes and nuts in it.

I was just about to suggest the same thing. We made these for JROTC a lot and they didn't last long - everyone loved it. I have also done chicken salad with an assortment of crackers to go with it.

There's always egg salad, pimento cheese, and pineapple/cream cheese sandwiches. I make these sandwiches and stack them, use an electric knife to cut the crusts off, and either cut into triangles, or rectangles. I usually make my own egg salad, pimento cheese, and pineapple/cream cheese/chopped pecans fillings. I also make an open face pineapple/cream cheese sandwich by using the sliced pineapple can to cut the bread into a circle, then put on cream cheese and a slice of pineapple. I put a cherry in the pineapple hole to dress it up.

ETA: I've used white bread, or one slice of white and one of wheat, or both wheat. I've also used french bread - buy a loaf and have the bakery slice it thin for you and leave the crust on.

Also, strawberry cream cheese!

make sandwich's with cucumber and cream cheese and cut them however you want.

I love cucumber sandwiches! I do them as an open face sandwich and top with alfalfa sprouts to make it super pretty. Use a flavored cream cheese (like garden vegetable) and you just can't beat it for appearance and cost. Oh...cut the bread with a flower shaped cookie cutter :)

Great.

Now I'm just hungry.

Don't forget roll up sandwiches too!

Always a hit!!!

Spread cream cheese on wrap.

Add whatever toppings you want, turkey, cheese, lettuce, sweet roasted pepper for color.

Roll up and slice on a bias! (for presentation and all)

pinwheelsandwiches.jpg

Great suggestions!!! If anyone else has one keep them coming, this is great for now and parties I may have later!

This isn't a sandwich but everybody LOVES it. Strawberries with dipping sauce. The sauce is 1 jar of marshmallow cream and 1 pk of softened cream cheese. Mix until smooth. YUM!!

Tortillas, deli meat, cheese, condiments, roll up and slice, makes oodles of spiraled finger sammiches.

I third this idea. SO much easier. I took on the task of finger sandwich maker for my SIL baby shower recently, it was much more time consuming than I anticipated. If you do go with sandwiches make sure you use a firm bread, and I would cut them in triangles, imo it's easier than rectangles.

Edited by jenilyn

Sams club has a great cranberry-chicken salad in one of their refrigerator cases..the cases where they have the gourmet cheeses, briskets, etc. Grab a tub of it, then try this:

Take a regular frozen pie crust and let it thaw. Roll it with a rolling pin to make it thinner.

Cut the dough in small circles using a small round cookie cutter or if you have a ravioli cutter, even better! Place the discs in a mini-muffin pan and bake until golden brown.

Remove from the oven and stuff with the chicken salad.

As an alternative to the pie dough, you can also try using wonton wrappers, instead.