Paulding.com

Melissa Morrison for State House District 19

How did Ms Morrison side step your question? She flat out answered you directly and in no uncertain terms. What did you want her to say?

Sheeesh.

Matter of opinion. I know how her husband lobbied for it and I wanted to know if she did too. We all think it will be shot down now.

• Like 1
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took my kids to the Christmas parade in Dallas last year. A pickup truck full of white trash looking people were in the parade. I asked myself, "why is there a pickup truck full of trashy people a

And you know what, a lot of my colleagues will probably talk trash about me but I do a damned good job and my boss agrees... Jealousy can create some interesting responses. Just sayin....   Better

Hmmm. I grew up in West Texas with LOTS of Hispanic friends --probably a few of them illegally in the U.S. Most are hard working people. You know what? How about we trade? One amnesty for every w

Thanks watcher for taking my - away :wacko: Do you know former member in person? You are really going to base your vote on something like that? SMDH at that one. :blink:

Yet watcher gives this a POS....As I...I am so confused :rofl:

I don't even know how I'm going to vote yet. So how can you? I was talking about conservative values. From what I've seen so far, this race is pretty short on that issue. I'm no angel myself, but I'm not one of the ones trying to assign a conservative title to my name.

What does AOL have to do with logging into pcom? I don't understand.

Read slowly so you understand. We will do the peanut butter sandwich instructional routine so you can maybe, although I doubt it, understand.

I am not super duper computer savy.

I work with what I can, and what I know. I use Internet Explorer for my business .com address. It is tied to my phone, and my "cloud" or whatever you call it so I can access my email when I am traveling.

I access my personal emails to my aol account with aol. And, I only use this for logging into websites such as p,com as the spam filters are much superior.

I updated to the newer version on my laptop last year and wiped out all my saved info, websites, links, etc. in the process. So I did NOT update my desk computer. I still have an older aol version with a limited number of spaces available to insert a guest name.

Melissa's campaign aol address is several spaces longer than the aol version I am running will accept for a guest log in. Her campaign email address is not part of my aol account, so she cannot simply use my computer and type or cut and paste her address to log in....there is not enough space in the guest log in block. I don't want another aol account set up on my computer.

She posted, with a disclaimer from me. And you guys bash and bash and bash. She got the dsl issue on her computer, a small notebook, resolved after lunch and could get on line again.

Now, keep kicking the dead horse to detract from subject of the topic/thread or deal with it. Stay on topic please, or start another thread.

Where is YOUR candidate's responses to ANYTHING?

Melissa is trying to come on to p.com, even though she makes herself a target while doing so, and answer the questions proposed.

While Paulette hides out again as she did 2 years and 4 years ago. If another Forum or Debate gets scheduled, I am willing to bet she will be on another cruise, as she claimed 2 years ago.....even though her neighbors saw her at her house while she was on her cruise.

Couple more questions for you. Didn't you and your husband openly support the Democrat, Will Avery in the last election for District 19?? Didn't you host a cook out at your place for him?? I think this goes to the question of how conservative you may be. Yes it matters.

Read slowly so you understand. We will do the peanut butter sandwich instructional routine so you can maybe, although I doubt it, understand.

I am not super duper computer savy.

I work with what I can, and what I know. I use Internet Explorer for my business .com address. It is tied to my phone, and my "cloud" or whatever you call it so I can access my email when I am traveling.

I access my personal emails to my aol account with aol. And, I only use this for logging into websites such as p,com as the spam filters are much superior.

I updated to the newer version on my laptop last year and wiped out all my saved info, websites, links, etc. in the process. So I did NOT update my desk computer. I still have an older aol version with a limited number of spaces available to insert a guest name.

Melissa's campaign aol address is several spaces longer than the aol version I am running will accept for a guest log in. Her campaign email address is not part of my aol account, so she cannot simply use my computer and type or cut and paste her address to log in....there is not enough space in the guest log in block. I don't want another aol account set up on my computer.

She posted, with a disclaimer from me. And you guys bash and bash and bash. She got the dsl issue on her computer, a small notebook, resolved after lunch and could get on line again.

Now, keep kicking the dead horse to detract from subject of the topic/thread or deal with it. Stay on topic please, or start another thread.

Where is YOUR candidate's responses to ANYTHING?

Melissa is trying to come on to p.com, even though she makes herself a target while doing so, and answer the questions proposed.

While Paulette hides out again as she did 2 years and 4 years ago. If another Forum or Debate gets scheduled, I am willing to bet she will be on another cruise, as she claimed 2 years ago.....even though her neighbors saw her at her house while she was on her cruise.

Your explanation still doesn't make sense to me. Whatever.

As far as "my candidate" goes; so far I don't like the choices. I wish we had better qualified people running to choose from. What we have is one candidate with a lot of business problems and two who are really liberals trying to pass themselves off as conservative.

There's no way I can find myself voting for your wife because the two of you have a lawsuit against the county and I find that to be a serious conflict of interest. I think I'll just have to think about whose name I want to write in.

Couple more questions for you. Didn't you and your husband openly support the Democrat, Will Avery in the last election for District 19?? Didn't you host a cook out at your place for him?? I think this goes to the question of how conservative you may be. Yes it matters.

News Junky why don't you just be open about the known fact that you are supporting Paulette.

This much I do know about Mrs. Morrison She has never raised School taxes. Paulette did nine times

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with eliminating the HTRC tax credit for Home owners Paulette did

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with exempting Delta airlines from paying fuel taxes Paulette did

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with exempting the large farms from paying sales tax on machinery, equiptment, Tractors etc. Paulette did

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with CAPPING THE EARNINGS ON RETIRED citizens that would exempt them from paying State taxes Paulette did

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with exempting the KIA plant form state taxes on utility bills Paulette did.

And by the way Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with Paulette's arrest recode, Judgments against her, nor her bankruptcy, And her failure to pay Federal tax, But PAULETTE DID.

Why do you not get some of these questions answered from Paulette, OH never mind Paulette is trying to label Mrs. Morrison as a LIBERAL, I got it Take the voters mind off the real issues BS.

And furthermore Mrs. Morrison is not a member of GALEO, never has been and is not being supported by anyone that has held an executive position in that origination Paulette has and is being supported by such people at the present time Who was one of the most liberal minded elected Democrats in the state of Georgia.

I sure hope you can answer some of these questions because Paulette want!!!!!

YES IT MATTERS

• Like 2

Your explanation still doesn't make sense to me. Whatever.

As far as "my candidate" goes; so far I don't like the choices. I wish we had better qualified people running to choose from. What we have is one candidate with a lot of business problems and two who are really liberals trying to pass themselves off as conservative.

There's no way I can find myself voting for your wife because the two of you have a lawsuit against the county and I find that to be a serious conflict of interest. I think I'll just have to think about whose name I want to write in.

Just for my information do you know if Paulettes law suit on a zoning issue/water run off included the County?

:nea: :blush:

Tax evasion and an $800,000 judgement doesn't?

Whoa. Do you want to list the people who supported Will Avery over Braddock in the last election and place a liberal label on them? Really? Do you REALLY want to go there? Are you saying Lots To Do is a liberal? Naturegirl? Beach Bum? Animal? Epiphany? Mei Lan? Chainsaw? Solo?

My link 1

My link 2

My link 3

My link 4

Edited by zoocrew

Whoa. Do you want to list the people who supported Will Avery over Braddock in the last election and place a liberal label on them? Really? Do you REALLY want to go there? Are you saying Lots To Do is a liberal? Naturegirl? Beach Bum? Animal? Epiphany? Mei Lan? Chainsaw? Solo?

My link 1

My link 2

My link 3

My link 4

I never vote party I vote on the person.

I have no knowledge of any lawsuit she's involved in. Obviously you have details.

I think this may have been a mistype. Her runoff issue is not a lawsuit but a cease and desist served to her last week over illegal water flow obstruction that was not permitted and caused runoff issues to her neighbors.

So, let me get this straight. We shouldn't bring up Morrison's lawsuit or direct affiliations with Avery but we'll claim Braddock has ties to GALEO. Gotcha. Double standard noted.

I openly supported Will Avery against Paulette 2 years ago, and would do so again. The better candidate, regardless of partisan politics would get my vote.

No, we did not host a cook out at our house, but I cooked and supplied food for other events, and again, would do so again. I am not speaking for Melissa, but I will say openly and plainly that regardless of party, I will vote for the better representative. To do otherwise would be pointless, and is part of the reason the partisan politics in Washington has become so divisive and absurd.

As I have joked, but is in actuality true, Jesus Christ Himself could come back, turn water into wine at meet and greets, multiply the loaves, and walk on water.....but if He were running as a Democrat he would be defeated in Paulding County 3 or 4 to 1. Regardless of religion.

And that is one of the signs of how badly our system is broken.

Paulette is a puppet of the Americans for Prosperity, a Dyed in the Wool radical Tea Party Group, yet prior to her 2 year tenure under the Gold Dome, where she followed PARTY LINE VOTES 100%, she had shown herself to be anything buy a fiscal conservative. Now she gets a pass because she has voted how Rallston and company told her to vote. Paulette's mouthpiece at several public events was and is Virginia Galloway, the chairman of the Georgia Chapter of the Americans for Prosperity Group....same one financed by the Koch Brothers.

And even the Party elite agreed to pass Paulette's Ms Jesse Bill, a total waste of Georgia tax payer time and money to regurgitate how removing a shopping cart from the premises of the store who owns it is against the law. And abandoning a shopping cart elsewhere is also against the law.

Did we really need to waste the General Assembly's time on such a bill to reinforce existing laws so Ms Jesse could be arrested for taking her shopping carts from the parking lots and not bringing them back ?

Seriously ?

• Like 2

You serious?

Don't you have some links to post?

I openly supported Will Avery against Paulette 2 years ago, and would do so again. The better candidate, regardless of partisan politics would get my vote.

The same Will Avery whose campaign manager deliberately attempted to deceive the good voters of Paulding County and Paulding.com.

Edited by Madea
  • Like 1

Don't you have some links to post?

The same Will Avery whose campaign manager deliberately attempted to deceive the good voters of Paulding County and Paulding.com.

You really think those things are comparable? Really?

Now I see. It's about politics, not the person or issues. Party over substance.

Edited by zoocrew

What I see here is the challenger attempting very vigorously to label herself as a conservative because she knows that this will play in Paulding County. However, little of what she says truly seems to amount to a conservative platform. She triers to use buzzwords, but when pressed for details, her responses range from vague and nondescript to not-at-all-conservative-sounding. This includes responses to questions about aboortzion, immigration, transportation, health care, et al. Sometimes I completely disagree with her cryptic responses, and other times I agree, but what bothers me is the attempt to create an image above all else--an image that does not appear to square with what she does say.

Further complicating this is the fact that she is a Johnny Come Lately to the party--she was never a Republican until this election. One wonders why she is just now embracing the party, what role her family's business interests play in this decision, and to what extent she really is in line with the state or national platforms on a variety of issues.

At this point in time, at least, color me umimpressed.

• Like 2

I think this may have been a mistype. Her runoff issue is not a lawsuit but a cease and desist served to her last week over illegal water flow obstruction that was not permitted and caused runoff issues to her neighbors.

From what I have been told there was a lawsuit filed and settlement made due to a facility above this subdivision paving some property causing excessive run off through the neighborhood. I only wanted to know if the county was also a party to this law suit, This is the first that I have heard about the cease and desist being served on her

You really think those things are comparable? Really?

Now I see. It's about politics, not the person or issues. Party over substance.

No, you don't see and you never will because you choose not to see. In this instance, I'm seeking "motivation".

What I see here is the challenger attempting very vigorously to label herself as a conservative because she knows that this will play in Paulding County. However, little of what she says truly seems to amount to a conservative platform. She triers to use buzzwords, but when pressed for details, her responses range from vague and nondescript to not-at-all-conservative-sounding. This includes responses to questions about aboortzion, immigration, transportation, health care, et al. Sometimes I completely disagree with her cryptic responses, and other times I agree, but what bothers me is the attempt to create an image above all else--an image that does not appear to square with what she does say.

Further complicating this is the fact that she is a Johnny Come Lately to the party--she was never a Republican until this election. One wonders why she is just now embracing the party, what role her family's business interests play in this decision, and to what extent she really is in line with the state or national platforms on a variety of issues.

One of the best posts in the thread and it'll be looked over by the majority.

• Like 2

No, you don't see and you never will because you choose not to see. In this instance, I'm seeking "motivation".

One of the best posts in the thread and it'll be looked over by the majority.

No, you will never see because it is all about politics to you.

I really do understand the ideological zeal of the right wing ideologues that think their point of view identifies the only true Republican belief. It is tough to deal with more nuanced opinions than those voiced by the ubber right.

Speaking of the UBBER right wing, I saw possibly the most telling description of what defines the attitudes of those like Rush, etc. who are apparently the folks who establish what Republicans can and cannot think, believe or even consider. It was in the 'rules' section of the Bill Maher show Friday night on HBO. If you watched the show, you might recall the discussion of the 14 year old talk show hosts ... for those who don't have HBO or haven't seen the piece, the part I'm talking about begins at minute 54:00.

Here's the video - How long it will stay alive I don't know - but vimeo is hosting it until they get a pull down.

Fastforward to 54:00 to play the section referenced.

The suggestion is simply that America has been dumbed down to the eighth grade and the approach to politics is based on the attitudes of an emotionally immature 14-year old boy. Of course Maher uses a bit more graphic and, I suppose, demeaning language to express the thought.

pubby

While I know very few of you personally, and I will direct this response to no one in particular, I find it funny that when the conversation swerved off into the house's immigration bill, that many of you demand to call our illegal residents 'hispanics or Mexicans'....really? Just to think most of those posters believe all of our immigrants are from Mexico!! rotflm a$$ off!

And another post I read said, "but the other candidate will NOT come on HERE and answer questions"....hmmmmm, wonder why? There are approximately 20 of you goofballs that seem to spend all day posting nonsense...why would she; and yes, I support 'her'...those of you that get all of your information here on this 'board' better wise up and look elsewhere. Most of the forums here really amount to little more than entertainment to most of us. As far as the 2 opposing candidates, one is a blathering idiot and the other is a johnny-come-lately with bad vibes with this county. It really makes the decision quite easy.

I made this post earlier and can't find it now so I will make it again.

Melissa, thank you and surepip for your kind and polite responses. The question about Avery was one that a friend asked me to pass on to Melissa.

News Junky I made this post earlier and either you ignored it or failed to reply is there a reason?

why don't you just be open about the known fact that you are supporting Paulette.

This much I do know about Mrs. Morrison She has never raised School taxes. Paulette did nine times

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with eliminating the HTRC tax credit for Home owners Paulette did

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with exempting Delta airlines from paying fuel taxes Paulette did

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with exempting the large farms from paying sales tax on machinery, equiptment, Tractors etc. Paulette did

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with CAPPING THE EARNINGS ON RETIRED citizens that would exempt them from paying State taxes Paulette did

Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with exempting the KIA plant form state taxes on utility bills Paulette did.

And by the way Mrs. Morrison had nothing to do with Paulette's arrest recode, Judgments against her, nor her bankruptcy, And her failure to pay Federal tax, But PAULETTE DID.

Why do you not get some of these questions answered from Paulette, OH never mind Paulette is trying to label Mrs. Morrison as a LIBERAL, I got it Take the voters mind off the real issues BS.

And furthermore Mrs. Morrison is not a member of GALEO, never has been and is not being supported by anyone that has held an executive position in that origination Paulette has and is being supported by such people at the present time Who was one of the most liberal minded elected Democrats in the state of Georgia.

YES IT MATTERS

News Junky I made this post earlier and either you ignored it or failed to reply is there a reason?

why don't you just be open about the known fact that you are supporting Paulette.

YES IT MATTERS

I saw it. I am just done with the Melissa thread. Some of your points I have no clue about, some of it about her time on the BOE I agree with and some of it I disagree with. I think you should address your questions to Paulette. I can't answer for her.

What the heck, Whitey? She asked Mrs. Morrison, not you. And the questions were not for or from Paulette. Paulette is not on here, Mrs. Morrison is. These are valid questions a voter would like to know the answers to; after all, it's Mrs. Morrison's thread. Paulette's not on here.

Why can't people just ask her questions, so a voter can be informed? I just don't understand. Why do you and others have to jump all over folks that are looking for answers? So childish.

• Like 1

While I know very few of you personally, and I will direct this response to no one in particular, I find it funny that when the conversation swerved off into the house's immigration bill, that many of you demand to call our illegal residents 'hispanics or Mexicans'....really? Just to think most of those posters believe all of our immigrants are from Mexico!! rotflm a$ off!

And another post I read said, "but the other candidate will NOT come on HERE and answer questions"....hmmmmm, wonder why? There are approximately 20 of you goofballs that seem to spend all day posting nonsense...why would she; and yes, I support 'her'...those of you that get all of your information here on this 'board' better wise up and look elsewhere. Most of the forums here really amount to little more than entertainment to most of us. As far as the 2 opposing candidates, one is a blathering idiot and the other is a johnny-come-lately with bad vibes with this county. It really makes the decision quite easy.

Geez. I think you could pin that tail on whichever donkey you caught first.. :closedeyes:

I noticed you failed to comment on "her" legal issues. Got anything to say about that?

BTW...at least the Mexicans aren't flying airliners into buildings. They are certainly the lesser of the two evils. I'll take 1000 Mexicans over one Jihadist, any day.

• Like 1

While I know very few of you personally, and I will direct this response to no one in particular, I find it funny that when the conversation swerved off into the house's immigration bill, that many of you demand to call our illegal residents 'hispanics or Mexicans'....really? Just to think most of those posters believe all of our immigrants are from Mexico!! rotflm a$$ off!

Easy to see why you would be voting for Paulette. I find it hard to believe that there is anyone less intelligent, but every now and then a post like this comes along and reminds me that you're out there.

Check this out...................

from Wiki:

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.[1] Other estimates range from 7 to 20 million.[2] According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 56% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 22% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[3] 13% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe and Canada; and 3% were from Africa and the rest of the world.[3]

If my math is correct, 78% of the illegals are from Mexico or Latin America (by the way, these are Hispanics). If we can control this 78%, I really wouldn't be all that concerned with the other 22%.

Edited by Boss Hogg
Removal of inflammatory name calling

Easy to see why you would be voting for Paulette. I find it hard to believe that there is anyone less intelligent, but every now and then a post like this comes along and reminds me that you're out there.

Check this out...................

from Wiki:

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.[1] Other estimates range from 7 to 20 million.[2] According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 56% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 22% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[3] 13% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe and Canada; and 3% were from Africa and the rest of the world.[3]

If my math is correct, 78% of the illegals are from Mexico or Latin America (by the way, these are Hispanics). If we can control this 78%, I really wouldn't be all that concerned with the other 22%.

Seriously??? Even though that 22% includes the very people who hate the U.S. and are determined to destroy us? The 22% includes those with money and backing who are here to infiltrate and spy??? And it's not just jihadists.....there are Chinese, Russians, Pakastanis, Iraqis, Iranians, Syrians, Somalis, etc., etc. quietly going about the business of our destruction...and you are more concerned about the Mexican who wants a job...and is willing to WORK? Shameful.

Seriously??? Even though that 22% includes the very people who hate the U.S. and are determined to destroy us? The 22% includes those with money and backing who are here to infiltrate and spy??? And it's not just jihadists.....there are Chinese, Russians, Pakastanis, Iraqis, Iranians, Syrians, Somalis, etc., etc. quietly going about the business of our destruction...and you are more concerned about the Mexican who wants a job...and is willing to WORK? Shameful.

So in your world being willing to work makes illegal immigration okay? :nea:

Here ya go. You don't think this is hurting our country?

$60 billion dollars are earned by illegal aliens in the U.S. each year. One of Mexico's largest revenue streams (after exports and oil sales) consists of money sent home by legal immigrants and illegal aliens working in the U.S. Economists say this will help Mexico reduce its $17.8 billion defecit and may bolster the peso. $10 billion dollars (as of 2003) are sent back to Mexico annually, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, reported in an Associated Press article, up $800 million from the previous year. ($9 billion dollars were previously sent back annually, according to a September 25, 2002 NPR report). That figure equals what Mexico earns annually from tourism. This is a massive transfer of wealth from America - essentially from America's displaced working poor - to Mexico.

A May 28, 2004 study by Bendixen & Associates6 found that legal and illegal immigrants send a total of $30 billion to their home countries on an annual basis. Mexico receives $13.3 billion a year. The largest amount in remittances ($9.6 billion) is sent from California, followed by New York ($3.6 billion), Texas ($3.2 billion) and Florida ($2.5 billion). Of those surveyed by the study, 24% were Latin American-born U.S. citizens, 39% were legal residents, and 32% were illegal aliens. Sixty-one per cent of those surveyed send remittances overseas at least once a month. A typical remittance is between $150 and $250.

Edited by feelip
  • Like 1

What the heck, Whitey? She asked Mrs. Morrison, not you. And the questions were not for or from Paulette. Paulette is not on here, Mrs. Morrison is. These are valid questions a voter would like to know the answers to; after all, it's Mrs. Morrison's thread. Paulette's not on here.

Why can't people just ask her questions, so a voter can be informed? I just don't understand. Why do you and others have to jump all over folks that are looking for answers? So childish.

And I asked News Junky. These questions are real valid concerns of mine, Since it is obvious that she is trolling for Paulette then I thought she may have some answers to the unconservative votes that Paulette made this past term.

To be quite frank I am highly pssed that Paulette voted to increase taxes on my retirement income.

Of course I expected as much since Paulette has always been a TAX AND SPEND Republican going all the way back to the Jerry Shearin regime.

Sorry that you feel as if I jumped on NJ, Not my intent, I have always felt that NJ was an informed voter who follows politics very closely.

And I asked News Junky. These questions are real valid concerns of mine, Since it is obvious that she is trolling for Paulette then I thought she may have some answers to the unconservative votes that Paulette made this past term.

To be quite frank I am highly pssed that Paulette voted to increase taxes on my retirement income.

Of course I expected as much since Paulette has always been a TAX AND SPEND Republican going all the way back to the Jerry Shearin regime.

Sorry that you feel as if I jumped on NJ, Not my intent, I have always felt that NJ was an informed voter who follows politics very closely.

I was not trolling for Paulette. I truly wanted to find out what the other candidates views are. Found out and made my choice as to who to support. Now I am done.

I was not trolling for Paulette. I truly wanted to find out what the other candidates views are. Found out and made my choice as to who to support. Now I am done.

Riiiight.

So how do I find out the stance on issues from the guy that is running? Already gotten some info (not enough) from Morrison, and Braddock's voting record looks very much like the Tea Party Line.