Paulding.com

Melissa Morrison for State House District 19

My name is Melissa Morrison and I am running for the State House Seat for the 19th District in the July 31st Republican Primary.

My website link is Melissa Morrison for Ga House Seat 19th Distrcit

I am a Constitutional Conservative....a supporter of our Bill of Rights as well as all the amendments. My husband and I have lived in Paulding County since 1983. We moved our business to Paulding when we bought out the last of our partners in 1989 eventually operating out of 2 buildings in the North Industrial Park near the Sheriff's office with 25 employees.

When we downsized and sold off the manufacturing rights in 2006, I went to work for the Georgia Department of Agriculture. First in the Budget and Procurement office, and the following year I was asked to take the position as the administrative assistant to the Deputy Commissioner, Terry Coleman, Speaker Emeritus of the House. 2 years later when he left to run for state office I was transferred to the office of the State Veterinarian, Dr.Carter Black III as his administrative assistant.

I left the Ag Department last February after I turned 62 and have decided to utilize my 30+ years of business experience and 5+ years working next to and under the Gold Dome to run for the House Seat for District 19.

I am asking for your support, campaign donations, sign placements, and any other help any of you can provide to help send me to the Gold Dome as your representative.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took my kids to the Christmas parade in Dallas last year. A pickup truck full of white trash looking people were in the parade. I asked myself, "why is there a pickup truck full of trashy people a

And you know what, a lot of my colleagues will probably talk trash about me but I do a damned good job and my boss agrees... Jealousy can create some interesting responses. Just sayin....   Better

Hmmm. I grew up in West Texas with LOTS of Hispanic friends --probably a few of them illegally in the U.S. Most are hard working people. You know what? How about we trade? One amnesty for every w

Ms. Morrison, here is a question...were you previously a Democrat? If so, when did you switch to the Republican Party? Thanks.

Thanks for asking, I have never been a member of the Democratic party. I am a registered member of the Republican party.

Why whould you ask if I was a Democrat?

Veritas:

From what I understand, she's been a Republican pretty much all of her life coming from a military family and I think I saw where she went to college in Kansas first (not known as a Democratic area like those of us who grew up in the traditional south.)

In that same context, I'm sure a lot of folks would be surprised to learn that my mother, who was a native New Yorker, was a life-long Republican and even a county committee person in the 1960s. While the 26th amendment didn't extend my right to vote at 18 - I was already 21 and eligible when it became law - I did support Republicans for governor in 1966 and 1968 (in Arkansas) and president in 1968. I'll add that Arkansas elected its first Republican governor in 1966 ... something that Georgia didn't do until 2002.

What a lot of folks don't remember is that in earlier times, the political parties sought to compete on the basis of competence and expertise rather than on purity of essence of their ideological positions. Government was better and more responsive in those days.

pubby

I thought that I recognized the name from some Democratic website. May I ask when you joined the GOP?

I Have never been a member of the Democratic party....where do you think you might have seen this Democratic website, with my name?

I never found it necessary to physically join the Republican party until I chose to run for office. I was graciously accepted with open arms by the GOP at the Capitol when I qualified,...especially when I announced the seat I was seeking.

I feel like someone is trying to pick a fight. Is that true? If so why? have you read something you would like to share?

sure looks like it. dry.gif

I Have never been a member of the Democratic party....where do you think you might have seen this Democratic website, with my name?

I never found it necessary to physically join the Republican party until I chose to run for office. I was graciously accepted with open arms by the GOP at the Capitol when I qualified,...especially when I announced the seat I was seeking.

Maybe the family support for the democrat who sought this same seat in the last election is causing his confusion. unknw.gif

• Like 3

I was definitely glad to read of your conservative beliefs. Does this include aboortzion? What are your views there? Thanks for your time.

Uhhhh. This is settled law of the land, like it or not. I seriously doubt that the Georgia Legislature will have any bills to consider where that topic would be included. Why not ask questions about taxation or eminent domain or something that actually might be pertinent to the seat?

Now, if the procedure could be retroactive, maybe there'd be some basis for your obvious trolling.

• Like 6

I was definitely glad to read of your conservative beliefs. Does this include aboortzion? What are your views there? Thanks for your time.

Ms. Morrison is Catholic; raised her kids in the Catholic Church. While that doesn't answer your question directly, it ought to give you a pretty good indication.

pubby

Melissa Morrison, welcome to Paulding.com... most running for office won't come on here... this shows intregrety and honesty, and a tough side... we need good honest people running for office... people who are not afraid to stand up and fight for what is wrong, you have been doing this for years... best of luck to you, we need more people like you running for office.

• Like 3

Ms. Morrison is Catholic; raised her kids in the Catholic Church. While that doesn't answer your question directly, it ought to give you a pretty good indication.

pubby

Do we listen to what Melissa has to say.....or her spokesperson.... 8)

• Like 1

Just to change the subject here, we have 2 candidates that are willing to come on the board and communicate the people they want to serve. You don't often find candidates that are willing to be this open. Most candidates hire someone to work their facebook pages. There is a very good reason for that.

Having spoken personally to both candidates I know for a fact that neither of them have ever visited the political forum.

I was also a little worried that neither of them had boned up on popular rhetoric, they both are focused on local issues and the needs of people locally.

This is my fear, you people will destroy 2 very good candidates because they are not focused on rhetoric at the national level.

What you also do by this is to force candidates away from this type of communication.

You understand that you can be rude and nasty, and they have to simply suck it up because they are campaigning.

Pubby and I talk at length to these candidates on almost every subject before the interviews. We fear that when a question is ask and you don't get a timely answer that you will take it as avoidance to a question. All candidates spend most of their time going door-to-door and putting up signs, along with attending any and every event in their district.

I am asking that you please don't blame candidates for anything that Pubby and I do.

We are concerned because we want candidates to come here and be comfortable just like Kim Cobb is.

• Like 6

Just to change the subject here, we have 2 candidates that are willing to come on the board and communicate the people they want to serve. You don't often find candidates that are willing to be this open. Most candidates hire someone to work their facebook pages. There is a very good reason for that.

Having spoken personally to both candidates I know for a fact that neither of them have ever visited the political forum.

I was also a little worried that neither of them had boned up on popular rhetoric, they both are focused on local issues and the needs of people locally.

This is my fear, you people will destroy 2 very good candidates because they are not focused on rhetoric at the national level.

What you also do by this is to force candidates away from this type of communication.

You understand that you can be rude and nasty, and they have to simply suck it up because they are campaigning.

Pubby and I talk at length to these candidates on almost every subject before the interviews. We fear that when a question is ask and you don't get a timely answer that you will take it as avoidance to a question. All candidates spend most of their time going door-to-door and putting up signs, along with attending any and every event in their district.

I am asking that you please don't blame candidates for anything that Pubby and I do.

We are concerned because we want candidates to come here and be comfortable just like Kim Cobb is.

I don't intend to be rude and nasty but I will ask hard questions. I disagree with you that national issues do not play a part in these elections. They come home to all states and State Legislatures have to deal with what the Federal Government hands them. The Federal Government is tied up in education and other areas far more than ever before. If the candidates do not want to answer then they have the right to refuse. If they refuse or let someone else answer for them then why would they come on p,com to take part in discussions about their platforms and beliefs. I want to know what they know about government and other areas that will affect the way they might do this job.

• Like 4

I don't intend to be rude and nasty but I will ask hard questions. I disagree with you that national issues do not play a part in these elections. They come home to all states and State Legislatures have to deal with what the Federal Government hands them. The Federal Government is tied up in education and other areas far more than ever before. If the candidates do not want to answer then they have the right to refuse. If they refuse or let someone else answer for them then why would they come on p,com to take part in discussions about their platforms and beliefs. I want to know what they know about government and other areas that will affect the way they might do this job.

Really? Bottom line is we can't get any worse than what we have now. ;)

• Like 1

I think you know that is not what I meant,I specifically referred to popular rhetoric on national subjects, which believe it or not I keep up with pretty well.

Nothing turns me off faster than rhetoric, it has taken the place of meaningful discussion which is what I want to see. I am not sure that people are concerned with meaningful conversation as much as testing if people are following the chosen sources.

• Like 2

Yes we can!:ninja: I have said that before and found out I was sadly mistaken. It can always get worse.:(

As far as House District 19 goes, I think we have pretty much reached the bottom of the barrel. I prefer having someone represent me that has my level of communication skills are better and someone that hasn't mastered the use of the "word" Ummm. (that was great when looking for dates in college, but for someone to represent my interests at the capitol, not so much) 8)

• Like 2

As far as House District 19 goes, I think we have pretty much reached the bottom of the barrel. I prefer having someone represent me that has my level of communication skills are better and someone that hasn't mastered the use of the "word" Ummm. (that was great when looking for dates in college, but for someone to represent my interests at the capitol, not so much) 8)

I will respectfully disagree feelip. I still like you though.:)

There is a record to look at now and how she voted is important. I won't trade a conservative vote for a liberal one. Just trying to decide if that is what we have to choose from.:huh:

• Like 1

I think you know that is not what I meant,I specifically referred to popular rhetoric on national subjects, which believe it or not I keep up with pretty well.

Nothing turns me off faster than rhetoric, it has taken the place of meaningful discussion which is what I want to see. I am not sure that people are concerned with meaningful conversation as much as testing if people are following the chosen sources.

I know you keep up LPPT. Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying. We disagree on some things but I would never say you were not informed about the issues.

I'm not a spokesperson. On that particular issue I'd expect a very specific answer and I don't know that answer. I simply mentioned what I knew and given the Catholic Church's stand on that issue, I thought it generally informative - i.e. my jaw would drop if she weren't in the pro-life camp.

But I've come to believe that there are different pro-life stands that are about as arcane as legislators counting the number of angels on the head of a pin and how that translates into the number of weeks for this or that which probably demonstrates I don't even understand the question much less what answer is okay or not.

But as far as commenting on the stands of politicians ... which ever politician running for whatever office ... if I think I have an answer to a question, I'll answer it.

So, if you were to ask if Tom Graves would support expansion of the federal debt limit in a compromise engineered by Speaker Bainor ... I'd say that he says he doesn't compromise... cause he told me that face to face.

pubby

Let the lady speak for herself - you do her much more harm than good.

I'm not a spokesperson. On that particular issue I'd expect a very specific answer and I don't know that answer. I simply mentioned what I knew and given the Catholic Church's stand on that issue, I thought it generally informative - i.e. my jaw would drop if she weren't in the pro-life camp.

But I've come to believe that there are different pro-life stands that are about as arcane as legislators counting the number of angels on the head of a pin and how that translates into the number of weeks for this or that which probably demonstrates I don't even understand the question much less what answer is okay or not.

But as far as commenting on the stands of politicians ... which ever politician running for whatever office ... if I think I have an answer to a question, I'll answer it.

So, if you were to ask if Tom Graves would support expansion of the federal debt limit in a compromise engineered by Speaker Bainor ... I'd say that he says he doesn't compromise... cause he told me that face to face.

pubby

• Like 5

I did a Google search and it turned up nothing for "Melissa Morrison Democrat" or several variations. I am surprised people haven't figured out how to use search engines yet.

aboortzion? Really? There is nothing a GA legislator can do about that and anyone who even makes it an issue is either a partisan hack or woefully ignorant.

I would like to know Morrison's stance on transportation. We desperately need a better system of transportation and a means of paying for it. If the infrastructure crumbles, it costs more to rebuild and we lose those businesses that want to locate here.

I would also like to know her ideas on raising the state's gasoline tax that Uncle Nathan decided not to enact while prices were down. Stupid move. Gas prices will be back up when he does implement the tax and it will just hurt worse. While the price of gas is down, now is the time to raise a lot of money and it not be as painful.

Lastly, I would like to know if she has any ideas on the growing indigent care problems in Paulding.

• Like 3

I did a Google search and it turned up nothing for "Melissa Morrison Democrat" or several variations. I am surprised people haven't figured out how to use search engines yet.

aboortzion? Really? There is nothing a GA legislator can do about that and anyone who even makes it an issue is either a partisan hack or woefully ignorant.

I would like to know Morrison's stance on transportation. We desperately need a better system of transportation and a means of paying for it. If the infrastructure crumbles, it costs more to rebuild and we lose those businesses that want to locate here.

I would also like to know her ideas on raising the state's gasoline tax that Uncle Nathan decided not to enact while prices were down. Stupid move. Gas prices will be back up when he does implement the tax and it will just hurt worse. While the price of gas is down, now is the time to raise a lot of money and it not be as painful.

Lastly, I would like to know if she has any ideas on the growing indigent care problems in Paulding.

You need to did deeper. ;)

No! Paulding does not need public transportation.

Anyone is better than what we have now. She has my vote!

Our current representative had a good voting record.

• Like 1

You need to did deeper. ;)

No! Paulding does not need public transportation.

Our current representative had a good voting record.

Really? Then let's see your Google ink. Don't just make a statement, back it up. Please. I look forward to the link that we all can verify.

The whole state needs a comprehensive plan for public transportation so we don't have as much congestion on the roads nor pollution in the air.

Edited by zoocrew
  • Like 3

Really? Then let's see your Google ink. Don't just make a statement, back it up. Please. I look forward to the link that we all can verify.

The whole state needs a comprehensive plan for public transportation so we don't have as much congestion on the roads nor pollution in the air.

Do your own research. You don't even need to leave Paulding.com. Google doesn't hold all your answers.

• Like 3

Do your own research. You don't even need to leave Paulding.com. Google doesn't hold all your answers.

So you just have innuendo? Link please. Any link at all?

And even if it were true, and I've not found anything to support that, wasn't Reagan a former Democrat? Just asking for an answer to the contradiction.

All I know about the candidates is what I have on here. I'm looking at both of those running against the Embarrassment in there now, who is nothing but a tool for the local Americans for Prosperity and the people behind that organization. I want someone who will make good decisions, not populist ideology.

Edited by zoocrew
  • Like 2

OK, that's fine, especially if she is a Catholic. But it is a question that, naturally, seeks a response from the candidate herself. Thanks.

Hardly the case. aboortzion laws vary greatly from state to state, especially in recent years. See http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_OAL.pdf for examples. The fact that someone might have a different opinion on the issue than you do does not make them either a hack or ignorant.

OK, that's fine, especially if she is a Catholic. But it is a question that, naturally, seeks a response from the candidate herself. Thanks.

Hardly the case. aboortzion laws vary greatly from state to state, especially in recent years. See http://www.guttmache...bs/spib_OAL.pdf for examples. The fact that someone might have a different opinion on the issue than you do does not make them either a hack or ignorant.

Bull. The only people that make an issue of it are those that wish to overturn the law of the land.

• Like 1

Bull. The only people that make an issue of it are those that wish to overturn the law of the land.

Or those who wish to have unspoken assurance that government money will continue to be poured into Planned Parenthood,:ninja:

Much like the civil rights movement, probably yes. Or anti-war protesters. No problem there, that is their American right.