Paulding.com

Carruth - has he been declared qualified to run?

Coming at 6 o'clock on Channel 7 WXYZ News: Paulding County Commissioners at odds over boondoggle.

Channel 7 has learned that some Paulding County residents are unhappy with the way their tax money is being spent, so we sent our investigative team out to get to the bottom of it. We spoke first with County Administrator Mike Jones.

Channel 7:
Mr. Jones is it true that the County Commissioners office sent Bill Carruth on a boondoggle to Washington on the taxpayers tab?

Mr. Jones:
Well, I wouldn't call it a "boondoggle", exactly. We more or less sent him up there to hob-knob with all the uppity-ups up there in Washington so we could get that reservoir down here so we can go bass fishing. I don't see what all the brouhaha is all about; everybody knows that we're dumb as dirt and can't do nothing for ourselves.

Channel 7:
Wait a minute Mr. Jones, didn't Mr. Carruth hire you as County Administrator when he was Chairmain because he was too dumb to run the county himself?

Mr. Jones:
Yeah, but he's got a lot smarter since then, and I've got a lot dumber.

We also spoke with Post 2 Commissioner Todd Pownall:

Channel 7:
Mr. Pownall, what do you think about this all expense paid trip that Mr. Carruth took to Washington?

Mr. Pownall:
Well, I just don't think it was a good idea to send him up there on the taxpayers tab.

Channel 7:
So you don't think the county should be sending private citizens on trips using county funds?

Mr. Pownall:
I don't have a problem with sending private citizens, I just don't think that they should have sent Bill Carruth to share his expertise with Washington. I'm pretty sure that they already know how to drink liquor and chase women up there.

Commission Chairman David Austin could not be found for comment because he was hiding under Mike Jones' desk.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the real question is why didn't Mr. Heath VOLUNTEER his time to help Paulding County with the reservoir?

Seriously!   I feel sorry for rich people when they can't pay their property taxes and capital gains tax. Or a business trip to DC. NOT!   I don't know who I'm voting for, but I DO know it won't

Looks like a non story. Unless I see more than a DNR representative going with a delegation from Paulding to lobby for money for the reservoir then I see it as political games being played at electio

Posted Images

Perhaps, much like buying a beer on Sunday, he thought that women showing their legs in public while swimming at the reservoir would cause an increase in gay marriage and domestic abuse.

mrnn

:yahoo: :drinks: :clapping: :drinks: :clapping:

Coming at 6 o'clock on Channel 7 WXYZ News: Paulding County Commissioners at odds over boondoggle.

Channel 7 has learned that some Paulding County residents are unhappy with the way their tax money is being spent, so we sent our investigative team out to get to the bottom of it. We spoke first with County Administrator Mike Jones.

Channel 7:
Mr. Jones is it true that the County Commissioners office sent Bill Carruth on a boondoggle to Washington on the taxpayers tab?

Mr. Jones:
Well, I wouldn't call it a "boondoggle", exactly. We more or less sent him up there to hob-knob with all the uppity-ups up there in Washington so we could get that reservoir down here so we can go bass fishing. I don't see what all the brouhaha is all about; everybody knows that we're dumb as dirt and can't do nothing for ourselves.

Channel 7:
Wait a minute Mr. Jones, didn't Mr. Carruth hire you as County Administrator when he was Chairmain because he was too dumb to run the county himself?

Mr. Jones:
Yeah, but he's got a lot smarter since then, and I've got a lot dumber.

We also spoke with Post 2 Commissioner Todd Pownall:

Channel 7:
Mr. Pownall, what do you think about this all expense paid trip that Mr. Carruth took to Washington?

Mr. Pownall:
Well, I just don't think it was a good idea to send him up there on the taxpayers tab.

Channel 7:
So you don't think the county should be sending private citizens on trips using county funds?

Mr. Pownall:
I don't have a problem with sending private citizens, I just don't think that they should have sent Bill Carruth to share his expertise with Washington. I'm pretty sure that they already know how to drink liquor and chase women up there.

Commission Chairman David Austin could not be found for comment because he was hiding under Mike Jones' desk.

Now that was funny right there!!!:drinks: :drinks: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LR:

I talked to Bill Carruth about this very subject today. He said there were something like 16 or 18 challenges in the 200_+ state-races - most of them in the legislature.

What he said is he had received a letter that said that a hearing date would be set soon and that he would be informed of it.

The other thing that obvious is that issues like the one that involves Carruth have been ruled on before and he says his adviser in this area told him it was a slam dunk... that existing precedent covers the arrangements made regarding his residency in District 31.

The impression I got is the whole issue has been sliced and diced, investigated and considered before he even made his announcement and before he was out raising money. Not only would they be amazed if the ruling were against them (it would in their opinion break with established precedent) but they were pretty certain that Heath's folks were going to make the effort just to muddy the waters.

pubby

I don't know. But I did get an anti-Heath robo call.

so did i, and a flier (were is that puking smiley when i need him)

LR:

I talked to Bill Carruth about this very subject today. He said there were something like 16 or 18 challenges in the 200_+ state-races - most of them in the legislature.

What he said is he had received a letter that said that a hearing date would be set soon and that he would be informed of it.

The other thing that obvious is that issues like the one that involves Carruth have been ruled on before and he says his adviser in this area told him it was a slam dunk... that existing precedent covers the arrangements made regarding his residency in District 31.

The impression I got is the whole issue has been sliced and diced, investigated and considered before he even made his announcement and before he was out raising money. Not only would they be amazed if the ruling were against them (it would in their opinion break with established precedent) but they were pretty certain that Heath's folks were going to make the effort just to muddy the waters.

pubby

(*just shaking my head* as for as the bolded....) Thanks for the information...

The hearing is set for July 3rd at 9:30 on Peachtree St Atlanta

I see that now - they have the hearing listed under Heath's name since he filed the objection. Hopefully the ALJ will rule quickly. Thanks!!

I see that now - they have the hearing listed under Heath's name since he filed the objection. Hopefully the ALJ will rule quickly. Thanks!!

Where were you able to see the challenges and court dates?

Where were you able to see the challenges and court dates?

This is the exact information that I can see (and that is all that I can see):

Judge RONIT Walker

Case ID Agency Code Case Code Case Name

1238686 SECSTATE CE WILLIAM HEATH JR.

Hearing Date: July 03, 2012

Time: 09:30 AM

OSAH - Office of State Administrative Hearings

230 PEACHTREE STREET, NW, SUITE 850

ATLANTA, GA 30303

Non-Agency Attorney: Cowsert, William S.

Case Official:

Non-Agency Attorney:

Case Official:

Case Status: This is an open case.

This is the exact information that I can see (and that is all that I can see):

Judge RONIT Walker

Case ID Agency Code Case Code Case Name

Hearing Date: July 03, 2012

Time: 09:30 AM

OSAH - Office of State Administrative Hearings

230 PEACHTREE STREET, NW, SUITE 850

ATLANTA, GA 30303

Non-Agency Attorney: Cowsert, William S.

Case Official:

Non-Agency Attorney:

Case Official:

Case Status: This is an open case.

Thanks, I found it as well on the OSAH.GA.GOV site. I hate it doesn't mention who the candidate is that is being challenged. It would be great to see which of our candidates were being challenged.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything , except for his radio commercial this morning. Almost wrecked the car trying to change the station!!! Almost as bad as those "we love ya, we need ya" commercials!!!

On the same note Paulette and her attorney both are on vacation this week so she was able to have the date of her challenge postponed until next week.

On the same note Paulette and her attorney both are on vacation this week so she was able to have the date of her challenge postponed until next week.

Actually, I think her's was originally scheduled for next week. :pardon:

Actually, I think her's was originally scheduled for next week. :pardon:

I have seen the original papers. Today was supposed to be the court date at 9:30 am, but due to her non refundable cruise, which she conveniently also took last time she was going to have to defend herself of various allegations in the last election, she had her attorney file to have it moved a week until advanced voting begins. This means that if she is taken off, all of the votes will be null and void up until that point.

What is up with the letter everyone is getting about Bill Carruth? Looks like it is coming from The US Marshall's, writ of execution foro 2,000000. Who sent that?! Kind of scared the crap out of me, thinking I owed some type of debt.

One of the best campaign flyers that I have ever seen! Finally, something fresh. Too funny.

One of the best campaign flyers that I have ever seen! Finally, something fresh. Too funny.

I expect the "U S Marshall's are hunting Bill Carruth" mailings and calls will be remembered just like Jerry's "David Austin is a developer" mail tubes.

Bill Heath has turned my stomach in this campaign.

I expect the "U S Marshall's are hunting Bill Carruth" mailings and calls will be remembered just like Jerry's "David Austin is a developer" mail tubes.

Bill Heath has turned my stomach in this campaign.

Bill owes that money. We are stuck with some absolute shiite choices in this election.

I have been to the Carruth's home for dinner and I am sure there are many others here that have as well. How can this be anything other than black or white?

Pay offs , favors , good old boys lots of ways to get away with a lie even a bold face lie.

Pay offs , favors , good old boys lots of ways to get away with a lie even a bold face lie.

This is disgusting. I will never vote for him again for ANY office. I can't stomach a liar. JK Rogers, you have another vote!