Paulding.com

Carruth - has he been declared qualified to run?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the real question is why didn't Mr. Heath VOLUNTEER his time to help Paulding County with the reservoir?

Seriously!   I feel sorry for rich people when they can't pay their property taxes and capital gains tax. Or a business trip to DC. NOT!   I don't know who I'm voting for, but I DO know it won't

Looks like a non story. Unless I see more than a DNR representative going with a delegation from Paulding to lobby for money for the reservoir then I see it as political games being played at electio

Posted Images

Voting is July 31 and I haven't seen or heard any more about whether the Secretary of State has issued a determination on whether or not he is qualified to run. Anyone have any input?

The hearing hasn't happened yet and from what I understand, it will be scheduled shortly.

Isn't this cut and dry? Aren't there quite a few people on here that know where he lives? Is this in or out of the district? Do we really need the secretary of state to make a ruling?

And if where he lives is not in the district and the SOS rules that he can run, is this the kind of government we want?

If he doesn't live in the district I think the only right thing to do is to man up and get out of the race.

PS: And I had planned to vote for him.

Isn't this cut and dry? Aren't there quite a few people on here that know where he lives? Is this in or out of the district? Do we really need the secretary of state to make a ruling?

And if where he lives is not in the district and the SOS rules that he can run, is this the kind of government we want?

If he doesn't live in the district I think the only right thing to do is to man up and get out of the race.

PS: And I had planned to vote for him.

I still do not believe the man is that stupid. From all I have heard about him he is a smart guy. I have heard that the hearing has not been announced yet. I am interested to see how it turns out.

Just had a thought. Who is the Paulding Republican Party backing in this race?

I think most are backing Bill Heath.

I think most are backing Bill Heath.

Okay. Let me be more specific. Who are the Galloways backing?

From Facebook:

I'm hearing that a "credit card scandal" involving the county, Commissioner David Austin, and State Senate Candidate Bill Carruth is set to air tonight on 11Alive.

Exactly why I wanted to see who that bunch at the Paulding Republican Party is backing.

Edited by feelip

From Facebook:

I'm hearing that a "credit card scandal" involving the county, Commissioner David Austin, and State Senate Candidate Bill Carruth is set to air tonight on 11Alive.

I don't know anything about a "credit card scandal" so I will definitely have to watch. Thanks for the heads up! :drinks:

From Facebook:

you and i friends on fb how do you find all of this stuff out? lol

From Facebook:

I heard it was supposed to 'break' last weekend in the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Since it didn't, I kind of took that as an unsubstantiated rumor.

The story I heard suggested that David Austin, I guess because his IQ is in the negatives, had a new credit card issued for Bill Carruth to use because ???? they're such good? Buddies? ...

FYI: In any race in which "Sex Shoppes will open in Dallas" Bill Heath is involved, the premise is that you're going to have all sorts of lies, rumors and innuendo.

Just because something is rumored doesn't make it so and I find the candidates that seek to benefit from such negativity to be gutless. Bottom line, I don't buy the rumors ... and when confronted with a rumor, reject it.

Show me the facts ... and when the facts hit and I see it in black and white from a reputable and RELIABLE source, I'll consider it.

But the rumor still doesn't make sense. Why would anyone give a person not associated with the county government a credit card to use for anything that is not 100 percent on the up and up.

pubby

That would be like you, your wife and your girlfriend all having signature rights on the same checking account.

http://paulding.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/pardon.gif

I heard it was supposed to 'break' last weekend in the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

The story I heard suggested that David Austin, I guess because his IQ is in the negatives, had a new credit card issued for Bill Carruth to use because ???? [they're such good? Buddies? ...

FYI: In any race in which "Sex Shoppes will open in Dallas" Bill Heath is involved, the premise is that you're going to have all sorts of lies, rumors and innuendo.

Just because something is rumored doesn't make it so and I find the candidates that seek to benefit from such negativity to be gutless. Bottom line, I don't buy the rumors ... and when confronted with a rumor, reject it.

Show me the facts ... and when the facts hit and I see it in black and white from a reputable and RELIABLE source, I'll consider it.

But the rumor still doesn't make sense. Why would anyone give a person not associated with the county government a credit card to use for anything that is not 100 percent on the up and up.

pubby

That would be like you, your wife and your girlfriend all having signature rights on the same checking account.

I'm going to watch the story and then decide what I think. 11Alive has proven itself to be a reliable source and I'm sure they will share as many of the facts as they have (regardless of who will be shed in a negative or positive light).

Good Lawd you could not pay me enough money to run for any office in any county... My life is a open book, but i am sure someone some were would find something to ruin me lol

You and me both! :lol:

From Facebook:

The story I heard suggested that David Austin, I guess because his IQ is in the negatives, had a new credit card issued for Bill Carruth to use because ???? they're such good? Buddies? ...

pubby

So this idiot mailed me a flyer (all the way in Kentucky) to vote for him and he may not even be on the ballot. I feel sorry that these are the folks you guys have to pick from.

What I find odd about all of this Carruth stuff, is the fact that our politicians should be working to get jobs here in Paulding County---not selling their business and the jobs going to Cobb County???

Does this not seem a little strange??? How can he face John Q. Public??

I knew one of his employees a couple years back (had been with Aiken Grading for many years) and when work got a little slow, he called everybody in to tell them that they were getting a pay cut. Then he told them plainly that THEY would take the pay cut because his family was not going to take any cuts at all. WTH??? I realize you are the owner, but, you have to take care of your employees--or you don't have a business?? But then again, maybe that's why he doesn't have a business anymore???

If he has not been qualified to run as of yet, then why are the fliers being mailed out? why are thier signs for him posted? and why is there a banner ad on here about him?

Isn't that a waste of money? just asking a question...

If he has not been qualified to run as of yet, then why are the fliers being mailed out? why are thier signs for him posted? and why is there a banner ad on here about him?

He qualified but possibly by saying he lived in a house that he owns, buy doesn't live in (or at least that is my understanding of the situation).

Sounds like he has $245K in campaign donations...surely he's not going to just sit on that money until a decision is rendered. He has to get his name out there and gain momentum just in case the decision goes his way.

mrnn

pubby

http://paulding.com/...ault/pardon.gif

Agree with you on this one Pubby. Some of these races are going to be ugly.

As far as I know Bill Carruth was invited to go on a trip to Washington DC to meet with some folks that a group of our local politicians and business people were meeting with. We actually have the story on here somewhere, (maybe Pubby can find it).

I think the question was whether he paid his own way, part of it, or if the county picked up the entire tab.

I believe it may have had to do with getting the money to move the reservoir project forward and since Bill was on the DNR he could answer many of the questions and knew the people in DC that assist with these projects.

I am a voter, I pay taxes just like everyone else, I don't want to be taken advantage of.

I know that very often when I need help from someone I am accommodating to them, as in buy them lunch for the hour or so of their time while I ask their advice.

If Mr. Carruth was needed to explain the county's position and needs to the federal Government to help us. You can't very well expect him to foot the entire bill.

Mr. Carruth has seen some hard financial times like the rest of us the last few years, he may not have had the funds to make the trip.

I hope Mr.Carruth is not offended by me saying this about his personal finances, but folks things aren't always what they seem.

I know we took a trip to DC a few years ago, It was horribly expensive to stay in safe hotels, the public transportation was hot with long rides and walks. The one time we took a cab I had sticker shock for 2 people to go 5 miles.

I may be wrong about some of this, but this is my understanding of the credit card issue.

As far as I know Bill Carruth was invited to go on a trip to Washington DC to meet with some folks that a group of our local politicians and business people were meeting with. We actually have the story on here somewhere, (maybe Pubby can find it).

I think the question was whether he paid his own way, part of it, or if the county picked up the entire tab.

I believe it may have had to do with getting the money to move the reservoir project forward and since Bill was on the DNR he could answer many of the questions and knew the people in DC that assist with these projects.

I am a voter, I pay taxes just like everyone else, I don't want to be taken advantage of.

I know that very often when I need help from someone I am accommodating to them, as in buy them lunch for the hour or so of their time while I ask their advice.

If Mr. Carruth was needed to explain the county's position and needs to the federal Government to help us. You can't very well expect him to foot the entire bill.

Mr. Carruth has seen some hard financial times like the rest of us the last few years, he may not have had the funds to make the trip.

I hope Mr.Carruth is not offended by me saying this about his personal finances, but folks things aren't always what they seem.

I know we took a trip to DC a few years ago, It was horribly expensive to stay in safe hotels, the public transportation was hot with long rides and walks. The one time we took a cab I had sticker shock for 2 people to go 5 miles.

I may be wrong about some of this, but this is my understanding of the credit card issue.

If you can't afford a trip to DC you can't afford to run for office in the first place.

If you can't afford a trip to DC you can't afford to run for office in the first place.

:rofl:

Seriously!

I feel sorry for rich people when they can't pay their property taxes and capital gains tax. Or a business trip to DC. NOT!

I don't know who I'm voting for, but I DO know it won't be that loon Heath.

• Like 2

I talk to these candidates all the time donations are way down. If you don't believe me check the signs in town. Way less signs.

Mr. Carruth's war chest looks good now, but we are talking way back on the trip.

Still waiting to see if the story airs.

I talk to these candidates all the time donations are way down. If you don't believe me check the signs in town. Way less signs.

Mr. Carruth's war chest looks good now, but we are talking way back on the trip.

If it is common to take folks with the Paulding delegation to try and get grants or funds for Georgia then why make a big deal out of Carruth going as a DNR representative? Oh I know, It is political season and he and David are both candidates. :rolleyes:

All well and good but I'm calling bullcheeze. I looked into running for office once. The cost are insane. If you can't afford to run - DON'T! It's that simple. If your personal budget is so tight that a small business trip is going to break you, you can't afford to run. Period.

• Like 1

All well and good but I'm calling bullcheeze. I looked into running for office once. The cost are insane. If you can't afford to run - DON'T! It's that simple. If your personal budget is so tight that a small business trip is going to break you, you can't afford to run. Period.

Actually a lot of great candidates qualified to serve never get a chance to serve because they they can't afford to put on the dog and pony show. Backing a candidate is like playing the lottery, you buy the ticket for them, then you hope if they win your name gets pulled out of the hat when it comes to doing favors for those that got you there.

I have defended Mr. Carruth based on my knowledge, I have defended other folks, and quite honestly after many elections, Pubby, P.com and I are nothing but gum stuck to their shoes when it comes down to it. My pay off comes every morning when I look in the mirror.. I don't do favors to call them in later.

I believe in one thing, water finds it's own level despite all efforts.

You very well know business is business, we all have to eat.