Paulding.com

What would you be willing to give up to keep your marriage

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NOTHING comes before my wife and our 37 years of marriage. It's a fool that throws away a relationship on the idea that God told you to. That's a cop out. If you want out, grow some balls and be tr

I would give up HIM. Wait, I all ready did that!!! Ahhh yes, DIVORCE, a beautiful thang!!!

Easy answer- TOO MUCH I had to give up to the point that I just received my 3rd divorce, final papers in the mail today. I'm dating a great woman who doesn't want me to change one single thing about m

Sex with other people.

Dang it! All these years I thought I was supposed to give that up when I got married. Didn't realize I was supposed to keep it as a bargaining chip to keep my marriage.

Boy do I feel dumb!

Marriage together. Would you give up your friends, church, habits..etc. Things like that. Would you be willing to fight for your marriage?

This might sound harsh, but it depends on who I was married to and what was going on at the time.

Edited by converse

I've already given up happiness. Everything else should be easy...

The member who made these posts on you profile page, was she your wife?

Pixie

11 Feb 2009 - 11:24

I love u!

Pixie

20 Oct 2008 - 11:32

I heart u!

Pixie

22 Aug 2008 - 22:34

Miss you!

Pixie

20 Aug 2008 - 16:12

I love you!

Pixie

19 Aug 2008 - 10:29

I miss you too baby!

Pixie

24 Jul 2008 - 10:22

Morning!

Pixie

18 Jul 2008 - 11:53

Love you!

Pixie

02 Jul 2008 - 12:13

I am so glad you are home! I love you!

Pixie

27 Jun 2008 - 10:27

Morning baby!

Pixie

23 May 2008 - 13:33

I miss you!

TIT

16 May 2008 - 14:58

Come get naked in my bed!

Pixie

14 May 2008 - 10:27

I'm sorry!

Pixie

01 May 2008 - 13:02

I love you!

Pixie

22 Apr 2008 - 14:36

Miss you.

Pixie

17 Apr 2008 - 12:47

I love you when you are naked!

Pixie

28 Feb 2008 - 22:24

Come HOME!!

Pixie

20 Feb 2008 - 22:00

R U Nekked?

Pixie

19 Feb 2008 - 13:35

Good Luck on your test!

Pixie

18 Feb 2008 - 15:37

I love you!! Thank you for Saturday!

Pixie

14 Feb 2008 - 18:19

Happy Anniversary. I love you!

Your spouse chooses that church over you.

I am having a hard time grasping this. What about the church did the spouse choose over you?

Do you disagree with the church or the beleifs in the church or something else?

spouse chooses the church over you. You disagree with things the church is doing. your spouse is never excited to be home only at church. He or she chooses sacrificing your marriage to stay at the church.

Edited by haralson_rebel

The member who made these posts on you profile page, was she your wife?

Seriously? You need a hobby!

And I have no idea, is your wife going to church when you want her home? You really are not making the question clear.

• Like 2

Understandable. Say you been happily married to someone for over 20 years. Your spouse and you go to a church. Your spouse chooses that church over you. What would you do? Should you stay or go..should your spouse choose you?

GO, do not stop, RUN!

• Like 1

spouse chooses the church over you. You disagree with things the church is doing. your spouse is never excited to be home only at church. He or she chooses saving your marriage to stay at the church.

Sounds to me like you don't have much of a choice… Picking a church isn't much different than picking another person over a spouse. Either way that person is putting their faith in to something else and not you. Even if you decide to attend and accept the church you'll always know you were second in line.

Should a person give up his church to save his marriage is what I am getting at.

I have heard it said...

1) GOD

2) SPOUSE

3) KIDS

Can you attend services at a church you like one Sunday, and the one your wife likes the following Sunday?

• Like 1

No one ever told my ex that! I was married for over 20 years and it was all about him and that wasnt enough. If a person chooses something over your marriage it wont matter what it is because its not about you or your marriage. Its about them finding an excuse that will make them feel better about it.

Sex with other people.

• Like 1

Seriously? You need a hobby!

I don't know why you would say that. I asked the question after the other person posted this:

And his wife posted the things she did so I wondered what happened that lead to him saying he had given up happiness.

Come get naked in my bed!

I'm sorry!

I love you!

Miss you.

I love you when you are naked!

Come HOME!!

R U Nekked?

Happy Anniversary. I love you!

And on, and on ...

If you are threatening to leave your husband over the choice of his church....be careful.

Usually when given an ultimatum, I tend to call bluffs.

Make sure you're really gonna call it quits and walk away if he chooses the church.

spouse chooses the church over you. You disagree with things the church is doing. your spouse is never excited to be home only at church. He or she chooses sacrificing your marriage to stay at the church.

If I disagreed with what the church was doing or saying. I would stop going to the church. If he wanted to keep going then so be it. If he picked the church over me, then I would help him pack. Plain and Simple. I don't put up with any crap from no man!

I don't know why you would say that. I asked the question after the other person posted this:

And his wife posted the things she did:

I know I said I didn't realize I was supposed to give up sex after marriage but that wasn't an open invitation for you to start stalking me. I’d need to see a picture of you first before I am open to that…

This is one couple I thought would always be together. Nothing would come between them and now this.

Talk to the pastor at the church about it. You'd think the church would be in support of marriage.

I know I said I didn't realize I was supposed to give up sex after marriage but that wasn't an open invitation for you to start stalking me. I’d need to see a picture of you first before I am open to that…

Talk to the pastor at the church about it. You'd think the church would be in support of marriage.

He is one of the problems...sad

• Like 1

If your spouse chooses a CHURCH over you, you didn't have much of a marriage. And I'd be out of there so fast they would think a hurricane just hit. :blink: <_>

Understandable. Say you been happily married to someone for over 20 years. Your spouse and you go to a church. Your spouse chooses that church over you. What would you do? Should you stay or go..should your spouse choose you?

If it's not YOUR marriage, it's none of your business. Sorry. :pardon:

Its a he.. and not sure.. this isn't about me. Just wondering if he needs a quick stiff kick in the ass to get his mind right and save his marriage.

He is one of the problems...sad

I've heard of this situation going on. Seriously, it happened to a guy friend of mine...his wife turned out to be a real piece of work. Thought nothing of bringing a lot of misery down around her families heads...turns out, it was ALL about her.

If I disagreed with what the church was doing or saying. I would stop going to the church. If he wanted to keep going then so be it. If he picked the church over me, then I would help him pack. Plain and Simple. I don't put up with any crap from no man!

First, I would have a long talk with my husband, Let him know exactly how I feel. Marriage is about compromise. I would suggest we seek counseling. If after all that, and knowing he knows how I feel, he still won't compromise, I guess I would have to show him the door. I won't play second fiddle to anything. Having said that, Just because I didn't agree with my husbands religion, wouldn't mean he shouldnt particate at all. My husband doesn't agree with my lack of religion, But he respects my opinions and I respect his. I would never want to take away from him something that makes him happy. It's all about compromise. Moderation is key.

• Like 1

Depends, how bad do you want the other thing and how bad do you want the marriage.

Personally, unless what you are doing is wrong, heavy drinking, drugs, affairs, abuse yadda yadda, you should never have to give anything up just to keep a marriage.

If the other party is forcing you to give something up, you need to get out.

I am so confused. Is this about your marrige or someone else's? nevermind...

Ditto to what Lucky said.

yep!