Paulding.com

Senate 31 candidate Carruth residency challenged

I'm not lowering standards; I'm maintaining options that will hopefully put someone from Paulding in the State Senate seat.

Indeed, I wish there were more options than those offered by just the GOP.

pubby

The sneaks, crooked, liars join the sneaks, crooked and liars of government.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is the martyr syndrome I was talking about.

In light of all of this, I believe Mr. Rogers is the only logical choice.

Carruth Judgment Summary.pdf Carruth Personal Residence Homestead Exemption - 1400 Paul Aiken.pdf Carruth Judgment Opinion.pdf Writ of Execution Against Carruths.pdf

I'm not lowering standards; I'm maintaining options that will hopefully put someone from Paulding in the State Senate seat.

pubby

And I agree that Bill would probably do more for Paulding than the others. But I'm not willing to trade my integrity (oh God, did I say that?) for prosperity.

If he is found to be a legal candidate I'll probably hold my nose and vote for him. If not, I will be supporting JK Rodgers. I wouldn't give Bill Heath the piss to take a pill with.

Edited to do some 'splainin': The reason I think Carruth would do more for Paulding is because of the established relationships he has at the capitol. Not that I think he is any more intelligent or is willing to work harder for the betterment of ALL of us than JK Rodgers would be.

Edited by feelip
  • Like 1

pubby

Yea, I don't understand the democrats. With the some of the worthless choices the GOP is offering, I wonder why they don't have somebody run? Heck, in some of these races, *I* would vote Democratic if there was a choice and I haven't done that since Larry McDonald.

Edited to do some 'splainin': The reason I think Carruth would do more for Paulding is because of the established relationships he has at the capitol. Not that I think he is any more intelligent or is willing to work harder for the betterment of ALL of us than JK Rodgers would be.

I think Carruth would have much less influence in the Senate than Heath. Heath is a sitting committee chairman. Carruth would be an incoming freshman. He would have LESS influence. Seniority matters there.

Please, pray tell, let me know of 1 thing Bill Heath has done for the citizens of Paulding in his 8 years in the Senate?

I know I will be hearing a lot of crickets, but seriously, just let me know what he has done for Paulding.

Please, pray tell, let me know of 1 thing Bill Heath has done for the citizens of Paulding in his 8 years in the Senate?

I know I will be hearing a lot of crickets, but seriously, just let me know what he has done for Paulding.

I too would like to know what Bill Heath has done for Paulding County. Maybe someone can give us some very specfic information?????

I am of the opinion that he has simply been "wasted space" in our legislature.

I think Carruth would have much less influence in the Senate than Heath. Heath is a sitting committee chairman. Carruth would be an incoming freshman. He would have LESS influence. Seniority matters there.

Carruth has been in the class of folks that has been contributing to politicians. Also as a board member and chairman of DNR, he was connected with and engaged in lobbying for issues of importance to that department.

Now I can appreciate the importance of seniority but what I appreciate more are results ... and that's what I don't see happening for Paulding with our present lack of representation.

It is Paulding's senate seat, BTW.

pubby

Pubby, was it 8 years ago that you hosted the debates @ Chatt Tech? Wish you would do that ago. I know it is a major undertaking.

Bill Heath debated Mason Roundtree. When it came out that Bill wanted anyone that got a piercing and it got infected to spend 10 years in jail. I am thinking and my peirced ears get infected and I go to jail for 10 years. I left shaking my head and thinking what kind of kook do we have here.

Oh I'm sorry. Apparently I didn't make myself clear. I wouldn't even consider voting for Bill Heath.

Personally, I find this "what has he done for me" mentality to be rather disturbing. Whoever the new Senator for District 31 turns out to be, they will be elected to represent the ENTIRE District, not just Paulding County. Somehow we seem to have gotten the idea that we're more important than the other counties in the District.

I'm not here to defend Heath, but I do know that he led a committee which overhauled the state tax code to lower taxes for working families and increase the competitiveness of Georgia companies.

Granted, Heath is a staunch conservative, so if you're not conservative (which many on Pcom appear not to be) I understand why you wouldn't like him.

-DV

Edited by doraville

Personally, I find this "what has he done for me" mentality to be rather disturbing. Whoever the new Senator for District 31 turns out to be, they will be elected to represent the ENTIRE District, not just Paulding County. Somehow we seem to have gotten the idea that we're more than the other counties in the District.

I'm not here to defend Heath, but I do know that he led a committee which overhauled the states tax code to lower taxes for working families and increase the competitiveness of Georgia companies.

Granted, Heath is a staunch conservative, so if you're not conservative (which many on Pcom appear not to be) I understand why you wouldn't like him.

-DV

Thank you very much for this post. It is not just Paulding Counties Senate seat and it is silly to assert that it is.

Carruth has been in the class of folks that has been contributing to politicians. Also as a board member and chairman of DNR, he was connected with and engaged in lobbying for issues of importance to that department.

Now I can appreciate the importance of seniority but what I appreciate more are results ... and that's what I don't see happening for Paulding with our present lack of representation.

It is Paulding's senate seat, BTW.

pubby

You have lost your mind. Carruth is a better candidate since he gives money (which, apparently, he would rather default on a loan first) and he is engaged in lobbying? If this was anyone else posting this crap, you would rip them apart.

Let's see if I've got this straight:

• While Chairman of the Paulding County Board of Commissioners, Bill Carruth used his inside knowledge of plans to build the "Bill Carruth Parkway" to have his father in-law buy up property on Egg Farm Rd at a fraction of the price of what it would ultimately be worth? He basically used his position to profiteer on the county's business?
  • He defaulted on a $2.1M loan that the FDIC is now suing him in order to try to recover?
  • He tried to pull a fast one by claiming that he lives in a $100K home inside District 31 instead of his million dollar mansion which is outside Ditrict 31 and he hopes that the residences of the district won't notice or won't mind because he's a "Paulding County Boy"?
  • Pubby thinks that we should ignore all of this because he doesn't like Heath?

-DV

Travis Tritt was a partner in that transaction as well.

Pauldingman93:

I'm not going to state that the documents you proffer are not legitimate but I can say that I find their authenticity worthy of question on the basis that they are not photocopies, have no internal security, and could be forgeries.

I've been in contact with Mr. Houston and he is seeking the original documents. It really tests my credulity - I think that if the federal court is taking and distributing PDF's in this editable form using none of the tools for authenticity available in the pdf format, every one of those folks should be fired.

Said a little differently, I trust the federal court clerk is not so incompetent as to distribute easily editable documents as official court documents.

While I'm not saying these documents are forgeries, they definitely are questionable.

See my 'edited version' of the writ...

was the Writ of Execution Against Carruths faked.pdf

Oh, and given Mr. Heath's history of inventing crap like sex shops in Downtown Dallas ... this is believable effort at 'legal slander.'

pubby

Your writ is a cheap shot at Heath. If I were Heath I would pursue some action against you because it boarders on slander. But knowing how you think what else should we expect. Why don't you just hang a sign over your head that you support the 'good old boy system' in Paulding. Whether the documents are real or not you, being in the position you have, should withhold comments until proven factual or not. And of course if the documents are real do we expect you to recant? Absolutely not. You will probably come back with some other smear or nasty comment like you have in other races where your champion lost.

Until recently I wasn't sure which candidate I was going to vote for but now I know it won't be Carruth. It seems the career politician wants to be a career politician again. If he wins what Paulding road or building are we going to change to his name.

• Like 1

Your writ is a cheap shot at Heath. If I were Heath I would pursue some action against you because it boarders on slander. But knowing how you think what else should we expect. Why don't you just hang a sign over your head that you support the 'good old boy system' in Paulding. Whether the documents are real or not you, being in the position you have, should withhold comments until proven factual or not. And of course if the documents are real do we expect you to recant? Absolutely not. You will probably come back with some other smear or nasty comment like you have in other races where your champion lost.

Until recently I wasn't sure which candidate I was going to vote for but now I know it won't be Carruth. It seems the career politician wants to be a career politician again. If he wins what Paulding road or building are we going to change to his name.

Actually, Bigfoot, the action would be "libel". Slander is spoken, Libel is written.

I agree with you that the whole phony "writ" thing is tasteless at best and probably not the smartest thing a businessman could have done to prove a point. Had he used cartoon characters to make his point, maybe everybody would have laughed and this would have been a non-issue.

Oh! Wait! He DID use a cartoon character. Nevermind. Just fvote for JK Rogers and be done with all this.

Actually, Bigfoot, the action would be "libel". Slander is spoken, Libel is written.

I agree with you that the whole phony "writ" thing is tasteless at best and probably not the smartest thing a businessman could have done to prove a point. Had he used cartoon characters to make his point, maybe everybody would have laughed and this would have been a non-issue.

Oh! Wait! He DID use a cartoon character. Nevermind. Just fvote for JK Rogers and be done with all this.

The guy was not even on my radar before but I think he is the winner in all of this.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Mr Heath introduce a bill outlawing female genitalia mutilation?

ST:

Mr. Heath did NOT introduce such legislation; rather, he killed the legislation to protect little girls from genital mutilation. Senator Untermann introduced a bill outlawing the practice. Near the end of the legislative session, Representative Bill Heath offered an amendment to Sen. Untermann's bill. The amendment proposed to incarcerate women for 20 years in prison if they chose to voluntarily pierce their own genitalia. Because the House and Senate could not reconcile the differences before the session ended, Senator Untermann's bill died that year. Thanks to Mr. Heath, the State was unable to protect minor children from this disgusting mutilation practice until Senator Untermann could reintroduce the bill the next year. At the time, this was the only legislation Mr. Heath had ever authored. Mr. Heath's priorities are seriously misguided.

Mason Rountree

Edited by Pigpen
  • Like 2

ST:

Mr. Heath did NOT introduce such legislation; rather, he killed the legislation to protect little girls from genital mutilation. Senator Untermann introduced a bill outlawing the practice. On the last day of the session, Representative Bill Heath offered an amendment to Sen. Untermann's bill. The amendment proposed to incarcerate women for 20 years in prison if they chose to voluntarily pierce their own genitalia. Because the House and Senate could not reconcile the differences before the session ended, Senator Untermann's bill died that year. Thanks to Mr. Heath, the State was unable to protect minor children from this disgusting mutilation practice until Senator Untermann could reintroduce the bill the next year. At the time, this was the only legislation Mr. Heath had ever authored. Mr. Heath's priorities are seriously misguided.

Mason Rountree

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I'm not here to defend Heath, but I do know that he led a committee which overhauled the state tax code to lower taxes for working families and increase the competitiveness of Georgia companies.

-DV

DV:

I am a proud conservative and do not support Sen. Heath. I disagree that Mr. Heath has led the State to lower taxes. In fact, in the last 2 years, he has supported higher taxes (hospital bed tax) and voted to raise $100 million from new fees on taxpayers. The additional revenue he supported comes from around 1,000 new fees, such as higher fees on homeowners applying for new mortgages or re-financing their mortgage, fees on day care centers, and higher fees on non=profit organizations.

• Like 2

ST:

Mr. Heath did NOT introduce such legislation; rather, he killed the legislation to protect little girls from genital mutilation. Senator Untermann introduced a bill outlawing the practice. Near the end of the legislative session, Representative Bill Heath offered an amendment to Sen. Untermann's bill. The amendment proposed to incarcerate women for 20 years in prison if they chose to voluntarily pierce their own genitalia. Because the House and Senate could not reconcile the differences before the session ended, Senator Untermann's bill died that year. Thanks to Mr. Heath, the State was unable to protect minor children from this disgusting mutilation practice until Senator Untermann could reintroduce the bill the next year. At the time, this was the only legislation Mr. Heath had ever authored. Mr. Heath's priorities are seriously misguided.

Mason Rountree

Just so everyone is aware, Mr. Rountree ran against Bill Heath in a previous race and tried (unsuccessfully) to make "genital piercing" a major issue in the race. I believe that Pubby supported Mr. Rountree.

The issue at hand, or at least the title of this thread, is Mr. Carruth. Allow me to repost my questions from earlier in this thread:

2. While Chairman of the Paulding County Board of Commissioners, did Bill Carruth use his inside knowledge of plans to build the "Bill Carruth Parkway" to have his father in-law buy up property on Egg Farm Rd at a fraction of the price of what it would ultimately be worth? Did he basically use his position to profiteer on the county's business?
  3. Did he default on a $2.1M loan that the FDIC is now suing him in order to try to recover?
  4. Did he try to pull a fast one by claiming that he lives in a $100K home inside District 31 instead of his million dollar mansion which is outside Ditrict 31 and does he hope that the residents of the district won't notice or won't mind because he's a "Paulding County Boy"?

Did this happen or did it not? I don't know about the other two, but if true I believe that third one is a felony.

-DV

Edited by doraville

Just so everyone is aware, Mr. Rountree ran against Bill Heath in a previous race and tried (unsuccessfully) to make "genital piercing" a major issue in the race. I believe that Pubby supported Mr. Rountree.

The issue at hand, or at least the title of this thread, is Mr. Carruth. Allow me to repost my questions from earlier in this thread:

2. While Chairman of the Paulding County Board of Commissioners, Bill Carruth used his inside knowledge of plans to build the "Bill Carruth Parkway" to have his father in-law buy up property on Egg Farm Rd at a fraction of the price of what it would ultimately be worth? He basically used his position to profiteer on the county's business?
  3. He defaulted on a $2.1M loan that the FDIC is now suing him in order to try to recover?
  4. He tried to pull a fast one by claiming that he lives in a $100K home inside District 31 instead of his million dollar mansion which is outside Ditrict 31 and he hopes that the residences of the district won't notice or won't mind because he's a "Paulding County Boy"?

Did this happen or did it not? I don't know about the other two, but I believe that third one is a felony.

-DV

This is a typical Heath approach. He has done nothing to earn our vote so instead he tries to run his opponent in the ground.

Might want to tell the SOB that Carruth isn't the one he needs to worry about.

-DV

You are correct that we ran against each other in 2004, which is why I placed my name at the end of the post rather than using my screen name. Full disclosure is fair. Just for clarification, though, we did not make his criminalization of voluntary genital piercing a major issue in race. The point was that Mr. Heath's priorities (as demonstrated by the fact that this legislation was the only legislation he ever authored while serving in the House) were misplaced and preoccupied with a woman voluntarily piercing her genitalia, while my priorities were water, education, taxes and economic development.

Mason

• Like 2

It would be nice if we could just flush and start over.

Unfortunately, as Mason points out, with Mr. Heath in the race, things just get deeper.

Of course that is in large part because he really doesn't do anything for anyone.

How can I say that?

Well, consider if he had done for his neighbors in Bremen, he'd wouldn't have been beaten there in 2010 by a 2:1 vote. That is worse than Al Gore losing Tennesee.

pubby

PS: Good to see you posting Mason

2. While Chairman of the Paulding County Board of Commissioners, Bill Carruth used his inside knowledge of plans to build the "Bill Carruth Parkway" to have his father in-law buy up property on Egg Farm Rd at a fraction of the price of what it would ultimately be worth? He basically used his position to profiteer on the county's business?
  3. He defaulted on a $2.1M loan that the FDIC is now suing him in order to try to recover?
  4. He tried to pull a fast one by claiming that he lives in a $100K home inside District 31 instead of his million dollar mansion which is outside Ditrict 31 and he hopes that the residences of the district won't notice or won't mind because he's a "Paulding County Boy"?

Did this happen or did it not? I don't know about the other two, but I believe that third one is a felony.

-DV

I have noticed that logic, facts and straight forward questions rarely get a straight forward, logical and factual responce.

I do not know the answers to your questions, but I thought they were good questions.

I have noticed that logic, facts and straight forward questions rarely get a straight forward, logical and factual responce.

I do not know the answers to your questions, but I thought they were good questions.

Putting a question mark at the end of an accusation doesn't necessarily make it a question. What's the trucking question?

Putting a question mark at the end of an accusation doesn't necessarily make it a question. What's the trucking question?

From Doraville's post:

Did this happen or did it not?

Ummm, it has been a long time since grammer school, but as best as I can remember THAT is a question.

But then again, I try and read the black words and not what I think is in the white spaces between them.

From Doraville's post:

Did this happen or did it not?

Ummm, it has been a long time since grammer school, but as best as I can remember THAT is a question.

But then again, I try and read the black words and not what I think is in the white spaces between them.

Try this then:

1. While Chairman of the Paulding County Board of Commissioners, DID Bill Carruth use his inside knowledge of plans to build the "Bill Carruth Parkway" to have his father in-law buy up property on Egg Farm Rd at a fraction of the price of what it would ultimately be worth? DID He basically used his position to profiteer on the county's business?

2. DID He default on a $2.1M loan that the FDIC is now suing him in order to try to recover?

3. DID He tried to pull a fast one by claiming that he lives in a $100K home inside District 31 instead of his million dollar mansion which is outside Ditrict 31 and he hopes that the residences of the district won't notice or won't mind because he's a "Paulding County Boy"?

If you are going to copy and paste at least have enough damn sense to add the necessary words so that it makes sense.

One reason it hasn't been answered is it never was a freakin question. The other reason is the the only one that knows the honest answer to all of these is Carruth and you can bet your ass he ain't answering.

And even if he did all the above, he would still be better than Bill Heath.

• Like 2

Oh for crying out loud....Neither Carruth nor Heath is worth any of our time. Why argue about it? Focus on the positive of Rogers that is running, since majority of you said that you are voting for.

We know who the Good Ole' Boys are, we know they aren't worth voting for. The only way we are able to get rid of these sneaks, liars, two-face, crooks is to vote them out or don't vote for them at all.

• Like 2

Hmmmm, I guess the forest is obstructing your view of the tree.

My mistake for giving you credit for being able to understand.

I apologize.

What you don't understand is that I can barely stomach Carruth a little bit better than Heath.

I am really starting to lean toward Rodgers.

...We know who the Good Ole' Boys are, we know they aren't worth voting for. The only way we are able to get rid of these sneaks, liars, two-face, crooks is to vote them out or don't vote for them at all.

Amen Lucky. Just for the record, I have no affiliation with Heath's campaign. I'm just sick and tired of the Good Ole' Boy network that has dominated (and exploited) this county for decades. I don't know Bill Heath very well, but I know that the Good Ole Boys despise him which tells me that he must be doing something right.

I don't know Mr. Rogers either, but I am willing to give him consideration. I am not willing to vote for Bill Carruth if the answer to any of the three questions that I asked is Yes, and certainly not if all three is Yes (which I suspect is the case).

-DV

Amen Lucky. Just for the record, I have no affiliation with Heath's campaign. I'm just sick and tired of the Good Ole' Boy network that has dominated (and exploited) this county for decades. I don't know Bill Heath very well, but I know that the Good Ole Boys despise him which tells me that he must be doing something right.

I don't know Mr. Rogers either, but I am willing to give him consideration. I am not willing to vote for Bill Carruth if the answer to any of the three questions that I asked is Yes, and certainly not if all three is Yes (which I suspect is the case).

-DV

Surely you jest. Maybe you don't have a list of the Good Ole Boys. I wish somebody would give us one.....:unsure:

Surely you jest. Maybe you don't have a list of the Good Ole Boys. I wish somebody would give us one.....:unsure:

Rose colored glasses? Surely you jest. You can't say you don't know any of the Good Ole' Boys!!

Rose colored glasses? Surely you jest. You can't say you don't know any of the Good Ole' Boys!!

Depends on who is on what side on which day. the Good Ole Boys appear to be the other side whoever that is. Somebody give me a list please.:unsure:

Try this then:

1. While Chairman of the Paulding County Board of Commissioners, DID Bill Carruth use his inside knowledge of plans to build the "Bill Carruth Parkway" to have his father in-law buy up property on Egg Farm Rd at a fraction of the price of what it would ultimately be worth? DID He basically used his position to profiteer on the county's business?

2. DID He default on a $2.1M loan that the FDIC is now suing him in order to try to recover?

3. DID He tried to pull a fast one by claiming that he lives in a $100K home inside District 31 instead of his million dollar mansion which is outside Ditrict 31 and he hopes that the residences of the district won't notice or won't mind because he's a "Paulding County Boy"?

Actually, feelip, I agree with you on the grammer. I like your wording better. I have gone back and edited my post to use your wording.

-DV