Paulding.com

Walmart Stops Supporting "Stand Your Ground" Group

Wow, a PR move by Walmart. Stop the presses!

Just because Walmart pulled out doesn't necessarily mean "stand your ground" is a bad law, but the move likely means Walmart thinks its supporters think it's a bad law, so they're distancing themselves from it.

We haven't resolved the Zimmerman case, we haven't determined if Zimmerman's actions were within the legal protection with the law. I'd like to see a resolution in this test of the law before we start making a big deal of companies not supporting the organization that pushed for it, but that's just me.

It took the Zimmerman case to bring attention to ALEC but this is not the only law this group has written and gotten passed.

I imagine the companies are running in anticipation of more scrutiny of the organization.

It is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to legal corruption in our government.

Do you ever see the commercials on tv with the lawyer hunting people that took drugs or had operations and wonder how a drug company survives, you feel sorry for the company.

You may not be aware that drug companies can now pay an expedition fee of hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a drug approved and on the market in 1/2 the time, funny how it took forever and now it doesn't.

Then you have the gifts from lobbyist, and the insider knowledge that allows legislators to leave office millionaires.

Companies that are legally allowed to pollute the environment and hurt people for a fee also known as a fine.

They have the money to mount PR campaigns to make it look like they are the under dogs and the big bad Gov. is beating them up.

All these things are bribery and corruption, they just have nicer names that make them somehow acceptable.

This is no different than police officers and judges taking money to let people off the hook.

Mr Martin should have came on my ground... And see how I STAND! :ninja: Who really gives a rats ass about the law when you are in that kinda situation? :angry:

Mr. Martin was on his own ground when he was shot dead. He lived in that community, with his father, but he also died in that community. It was like Zimmerman was following him around in his own house, with a gun. pardon.gif

• Like 1

Does Walmart still sale Ammo? If so, they are still supporting my "Stand Your Ground" law....... 8)

That has nothing to do with it, gfh. Where does the stand your ground law require Ammo?

It doesn't say anything about having to have weaponry to stand your ground. You can stand your ground with your lip, or your thumb, in some cases.

I saw Sean Conary take his thumb and beat hell out of an attacker. pardon.gif

That has nothing to do with it, gfh. Where does the stand your ground law require Ammo?

It doesn't say anything about having to have weaponry to stand your ground. You can stand your ground with your lip, or your thumb, in some cases.

I saw Sean Conary take his thumb and beat hell out of an attacker. pardon.gif

You missed the "MY" part!! Not surprising...