Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Magic Mommy

My nephew

My handsome, amazing, vibrant, healthy, and incredibly smart nephew passed away today. He was a Navy diver in Guam and he was "off" today. He hit the beach with friends for some snorkling and never resurfaced. His friends found him quickly and they tried everything they could to save him, but he passed.

PLEASE keep my sister and her husband, as well as his brother in your prayers. This is unthinkable right now, I almost don't really believe it. My sister is the most amazing mom I've ever known, he was the first baby I ever held, he was an amazing young man, so full of life and energy. He was highly trained, so obviously "something" happened, but for right now, no answers will help.

Thanks for lifting her up. Thanks for keeping this family in your prayers.

I'm sorry, I just feel the overwhelming need to put this somewhere.

Ryan was the first baby I ever held. I was a sophmore in high school and he was so perfect! I was in college on his first day of kindergarten. My sister called me bawling about her little boy's first ride on the bus. We talked for two hours, I missed my class, and she cried the whole time about time passing too fast.

A few weeks before I got married, I met them for a beach trip in Virginia. He was 10, my son is 9, and such a cute little kid that you couldn't help but constantly smile at him. He was funny, smart, a little wise for his tender age, and so full of life that it was infectious.

He graduated from high school last year and I missed it. I was too broke to haul my family of five to PA and back even for that important event. He graduated from Dive School in Panama City in March and I didn't go. My husband is working/living out of town and there was no one to take my place as mom. Once again, I was too broke to drive the kids down. He graduated on my mom's birthday, and I could have pawned something to get the gas money. I could've made it work, somehow. But I didn't.

His birthday was April 9th. I left a message on his mom's cell and when she got back, I didn't even talk to him (Picture 20 year old Navy Diver on home leave for first time....yup, there was a girl there!) I told my sister to tell him Happy Birthday for me, that I would see him when I sold my book and we went to Guam to celebrate. Now, I will see him next weekend when my sister buries her baby.

Please, if there's someone you love that you haven't spoken to, been too busy or too sidetracked to make that call, do it now. If there's someone you love that you really want to see but just can't find the cash for a visit, find a way. Do whatever it takes to not miss a second. You just never know.

Thanks everyone. I was in shock at first, but now I can't stop crying. Please continue to pray for my sister and her husband. And especially his little brother, who is 2 years younger and was his best friend. This is a close family, the kind of family everyone wants. She's the kind of mother I could only hope to be.

I am sorry for your family's loss. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so very sorry for your loss, my heart is breaking reading your story. My prayers go out to you and your family. :cray:

How horrible, I'm so, so sorry! It's hard to digest when someone so young and so good passes, it's just hard to understand. :(

I am so very sorry for your family's loss. Please know that I will keep you all in my prayers.

I am so sorry I know what they are going thru.I will be praying for all of you.I know it suppose to get easier but it hasn't for me.Sorry Prayers

Thanks everyone. There will be an autopsy(sp?) Monday.

I went to bed around 1 am. About ten minutes later, I woke up all three of my kids and brought them to my bed. I cried all night. My heart hurts so bad, espically for his mom, dad and brother.

It may sound funny for a 34 year old to say this about a 20 year old, but Ryan was my hero. He inspired me to start living my dream. This kid knew who he wanted to be from a very early age. He worked hard in school, taking welding classes all through high school because he wanted to be an underwater welder for the Navy, JUST like his dad. He graduated high school just a year ago next week. He ACED Dive School, graduating top of his class in an elite group of 6. All he wanted was to go to Guam and he got it first choice. He wasn't even there 6 weeks. Everyday, he posted pics of the beach, his buddies, himself. Tons and tons. If you asked him how he was doing, he responded, "loving life, living the dream!"

He really was living the dream.

Thanks for your prayers. Please keep my sister close to your hearts.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I will pray for God to give all of you the strength to get through this most difficult time.

I am so sorry for your loss :( .

My deepest condolences to you and your sister's family.

Did they learn anything from the autopsy?

Ryan went into shock from an allergic reaction to a sting. They're not sure exactly which species, but the rock fish is the leading suspect.

Thank you for your prayers. He is missed every single day.

From his eulogy: (with author's permission)

"We will grieve for you forever, our hearts may never mend,

But as is true of ALL great men, you are now a Legend.

Today we salute your passion, and to honor your legacy,

We will live out loud like you did, we will live our dream."