Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
themetcalfs

need some advice

So sorry you and your son are dealing with this--especially during his graduation week. I'm glad you found so many people here to help you.

just wanted to let everyone know iam stil hanging in there. i am working a double

today so i wont be home till tonight. mabye that will help take things off my mind.

i keep thinking this just a very bad dream and that iam going to wake up soon.

• Like 1

"IF", the water bill is in his name, it won't do any good. He can have it cut off and "THAT" money will have gone to pay "HIS" bill!!!! It needs to be put in her name, if in fact, it's in his name.

I PMd her about paying her bill. Seeing as she has a shutoff date of 5/20 and I am at the station all day Mon. I suggested she bring the bill to the water dept. so I could put the payment in the drop box for Mon. Morning. I really hate to see them without water and a reconnect fee of $50+ is just insult to injury. Anyway, have not heard back from her yet. I did not consider who's name the bill is in. I would have hoped she could change it Mon. after they credited the payment.

• Like 1

I PMd her about paying her bill. Seeing as she has a shutoff date of 5/20 and I am at the station all day Mon. I suggested she bring the bill to the water dept. so I could put the payment in the drop box for Mon. Morning. I really hate to see them without water and a reconnect fee of $50+ is just insult to injury. Anyway, have not heard back from her yet. I did not consider who's name the bill is in. I would have hoped she could change it Mon. after they credited the payment.

:wub: :wub:

He is such a piece of absolute crap. Please don't make the mistake that I have seen so many others make and decide to try and "work things out" when he decides to come crawling back to you. I have been watching a friend go through this for over a year now. Her and her ex are constantly on again, off again, and he keeps hurting her over and over. If he was your major source of income, you can get help from many places if you look for it, but your best source of help will be your own heart and soul. Know that you are strong, and that you can live without him. You have an intelligent son to help you as well. Hang in there and keep looking up.

• Like 1

Did he take the beds? I have a full size portable fold up one . It is comfortable and you can have it if you need it.

Can you have the water transferred into your name and leave him with the outstanding bill?

if the insurance is in his name, he can cancel it and if you get pulled over you can go to jail, you need insurance girl in your name.

if the insurance is in his name, he can cancel it and if you get pulled over you can go to jail, you need insurance girl in your name.

Think about your credit cards, too, if you have them. If they are in both names, he can charge 'em up and leave you stuck with the bill because you are on the account.

If the credit card account is in YOUR name with him as a cardholder, get him dropped off immediately. If they are in HIS name with you as a cardholder, see if you can get a separate account in your name and what you need to do to have your name removed from his credit card accounts.

Sorry you're going thru this.

You rock. Not the first time I've thought this, just thought you should know. If I didn't have my own financial emergency (funeral to get to) then I would have met her there in the morning.

Hang in there, Soon-to-be-former-Mrs.-Metcalf. Prayers for you during this time.

People here are amazing. This whole thread brightened my evening and I really needed to see this right now.

Call an attorney ASAP. Check your PM box. I have referred several employees to the attorney I sent you the information on. She is GOOD.

i sent you a pm about sending you a copy of the bill i guess you didnt get it. but thats

ok i really appreciate you trying to help me. i have a coworker friend who was generous

to give me the money for the bill i got a money order and dropped it the night box. i just pray the soon to be ex will have a soul and not have it cut off. it will thursday

before i can get to the water dept since i have to work all that i can. it really touches me to no end on how everyone is trying to help me. honestly this is the 1st time

in years i have felt like someone actually cared about me besides my son.

Edited by themetcalfs

You rock. Not the first time I've thought this, just thought you should know. If I didn't have my own financial emergency (funeral to get to) then I would have met her there in the morning.

Hang in there, Soon-to-be-former-Mrs.-Metcalf. Prayers for you during this time.

People here are amazing. This whole thread brightened my evening and I really needed to see this right now.

thank you and i am so sorry about your loss. loosing a loved one is never easy. iam

so shocked at the love and support you guys are giving me and dont even know me. despite

everything iam going through i really feel blessed even my coworkers are being amazing

i will get through this one way or another! i like to think iam a strong person and my

son is counting on me more than ever so ITS ON LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!

He is such a piece of absolute crap. Please don't make the mistake that I have seen so many others make and decide to try and "work things out" when he decides to come crawling back to you. I have been watching a friend go through this for over a year now. Her and her ex are constantly on again, off again, and he keeps hurting her over and over. If he was your major source of income, you can get help from many places if you look for it, but your best source of help will be your own heart and soul. Know that you are strong, and that you can live without him. You have an intelligent son to help you as well. Hang in there and keep looking up.

will not even be considering taking him back. i dont need him i have lost all respect

and most of all trust for him. he has made his bed now he can lie in it! and by the way

he didnt take any beds or furniture just my freaking microwave his clothes some food

toilet paper and laundry detergent.

Edited by themetcalfs

ill be taking care of that its in both our names with mine being 1st i was my policy

and i added him to it.

Well, I'm just now seeing this, and everyone else has already given you great advice. I'll keep you in my prayers. You will be fine...others are correct...this happening can only be good.

i sent you a pm about sending you a copy of the bill i guess you didnt get it. but thats

ok i really appreciate you trying to help me. i have a coworker friend who was generous

to give me the money for the bill i got a money order and dropped it the night box. i just pray the soon to be ex will have a soul and not have it cut off. it will thursday

before i can get to the water dept since i have to work all that i can. it really touches me to no end on how everyone is trying to help me. honestly this is the 1st time

in years i have felt like someone actually cared about me besides my son.

My daughter had her water connected over the phone. Never had to go up there. Also they did not charge her a connection fee since the water was still on all they did was come out and read it and put it in her name.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your son. I can't imagine being left like that:-( It's heartbreaking,

My daughter had her water connected over the phone. Never had to go up there. Also they did not charge her a connection fee since the water was still on all they did was come out and read it and put it in her name.

is she county or city i am in the city?

• Like 1

I have a microwave for you if you want it!

Omg! i would greatly appreciate it. you want me to come it or you drop it off when your visiting?

question i just applied for benefits through the compass thing i dont have my birth certificate how and where can i get it fast so i can get approved?

She is county, might not hurt to try though.

ill give them a call and see what they say thank you.

Edited by themetcalfs

You can go to the county court house to get your birth certificate if you were born in Ga,, 2nd floor I think it was.. I just had to do it a couple weeks ago to get my sons.. They get it for you right then..

Edited by katied

But, it costs $25 now. If you need one for your son, too, it will be another $25. If at all possible, get a second copy for another $10 (I think it's still $10)

PM me contact info - I've got tp and detergent you can have. :)! Gotta help a girl out. This week was going to be hard enough on you.

The fact is that you and your son can do this. You can do this. It's gonna be tough. It's gonna be sad. But, you can do this.

What a jerk!! Karma is a bitch that always gets her due.

Omg! i would greatly appreciate it. you want me to come it or you drop it off when your visiting?

I'll drop it by when I go see Mom at the nursing home. Will you be home today?

Remove him from your insurance policy! Right now!!!

thats a done deal! spoke with ins agent this morning.

I'll drop it by when I go see Mom at the nursing home. Will you be home today?

iam sorry just saw this i had to work today and tuesday and wednesday i have to close those days so it would be kinda late when i get off. how about thursday i am off i can

come to you if you want.

PM me contact info - I've got tp and detergent you can have. :)! Gotta help a girl out. This week was going to be hard enough on you.

The fact is that you and your son can do this. You can do this. It's gonna be tough. It's gonna be sad. But, you can do this.

thank you thats so kind of you. someday he will get whats coming to him.

when my stupid ex left to have fun and not have to be a responsible adult anymore, I changed the locks, called State Farm and told them to call him so he could set up his own insurance, got my name off a joint loan, burned lots of his stuff that he never picked up after being repeatedly asked to do so, etc, etc. and he had the nerve to act all surprised. dumbass. Best thing that ever happened to me!

when my stupid ex left to have fun and not have to be a responsible adult anymore, I changed the locks, called State Farm and told them to call him so he could set up his own insurance, got my name off a joint loan, burned lots of his stuff that he never picked up after being repeatedly asked to do so, etc, etc. and he had the nerve to act all surprised. dumbass. Best thing that ever happened to me!

i have sent a email to the landlord asking him to please come change the locks asap. i am sure this is for the best. it just very overwhelming thank heavens i didnt quit my

job when he was trying to get me to or would be in a even greater pickle. he didnt think

my little job was worth it.

ok i had no idea i could go to our court house for the birth cert. i was thinking i had

to go to atlanta or something :blink: ill be taking care of that on Thursday for sure

contact LPPT she will let you know. and thank you so much

Did you go all Angela Bassett and set his clothes on fire?? :o

:rofl: :rofl:

Did you go all Angela Bassett and set his clothes on fire?? :o

:rofl: :rofl:

clothes were the least of his problem. I let him come over one day to search for his army discharge papers and GED that he needed to enroll in school. he just looked, and looked.....

• Like 2