Paulding.com

What would you do?

10% less pay or others lose their jobs  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• 10% pay cut for all
    • 40 folks lose their jobs

Ok, first, what I am about to say will piss off a lot of people, but the fact is, it's the truth.

I realize that sometimes circumstances present themselves and it makes it REAL hard for people.

However, if you (not meaning you specifically) enter in to a contract, you should have the means to support

that contract through-out its life. It all boils down to personal responsibility.

If you sign a contract for 2 years for a cell phone, you should have the early termination fee,

sitting in the bank, if you need it. If you can afford $60 a month for a cell phone,

you will not convince me that you can't find away to put $200 away for an emergency that might arise.

Some people will say that I'm wrong and that they are living right at their means and there is no way

they could put that $200 away... My answer to that is... you don't NEED a cell phone that bad, then.

We did without cell phones for hundreds of years. It's NOT a necessity.

If you get a satellite dish for TV and can't afford to pay for an early disconnect,

then you shouldn't have that satellite.

Like I said, it's all about personal responsibility. Many people don't budget their money and don't

manage it well... You HAVE to plan for things that you aren't expecting.

You buy home owners insurance for unexpected things. It's the same principle.

You set that $200 disconnect fee aside and that is your 'insurance.'

But you have to have the discipline to do it AND you have to have your priorities straight

with your lifestyle to be able to survive when it gets rough. More people than not simply do not

plan for the 'rainy day' anymore.

Only issue with your theory is that you usually have to pay the disconnect AND the remainder of the contract (thats how ATT and DirectTV are). Meaning it's better just to keep the service, apply that dis-connect fee to other bills or food and terminate at the end of the contract if your finances have not improved. You can't assume just because someone has a cell phone or cable TV and is having money issues they are not making smart choices. Also in this day and age most folks have a cell phone, but DO NOT have a home phone, so there is a balance....hard to find a job without a way to be contacted. Not everything is black and white.

I agree folks don't put away for a rainy day but I think part of that is just the times we are living in. Fact is that the cost of living has risen over 20% in the last 7 years yet avg. take home pay has stayed flat....and that's assuming you HAVE a job to start with.

Edited by Go BLUE!

Nitro, I have to agree with you totally.

2 years ago my company gave everyone a 6% decrease in salary, we did not have a choice but if we had I would have choose the 6% vs someone losing their job.

Less than a year later, when things picked up my company gave everyone the 6% back and gave us the back pay also.

But, I work for a GREAT company and have been here for 33 years.

Dee

This is so indicative of piss poor management. First, this should never be up to the employees to decide - maybe a board, maybe the C level, but managers? No way.

Very Pontius Pilate and cowardly move.

If I felt passionately for the company and my position, or felt that the impact would be significant to good people, than I would vote for the pay cut - but I would also be aggressively searching for a new job and I'd be hopeful to be elsewhere within 30 days.

If I was unhappy - which is more often the case when these types of things are presented - I would vote reduction and hope that I was one of them so that I could hang out with my kid in the pool all summer.

• Like 1

Delta Management told their pilots the same things a few years ago only to find out that Management was taking multi million dollar bonuses at the exact same time. Never give back wages because you will never get them back!

You may not be saving anybodies job to begin with. I've seen this scam before where the company will get you to agree to a paycut, then turn around and lay off the employees anyways at a later date (we hate to do it but...) and your payrate isn't coming back. It's just smoke and mirrors to keep moral up in the short term, keep productivity up and keep people from starting to look for other employment and leaving before the company is ready....

You may not be saving anybodies job to begin with. I've seen this scam before where the company will get you to agree to a paycut, then turn around and lay off the employees anyways at a later date (we hate to do it but...) and your payrate isn't coming back. It's just smoke and mirrors to keep moral up in the short term, keep productivity up and keep people from starting to look for other employment and leaving before the company is ready....

I've seen that as well.

Only issue with your theory is that you usually have to pay the disconnect AND the remainder of the contract (thats how ATT and DirectTV are). Meaning it's better just to keep the service, apply that dis-connect fee to other bills or food and terminate at the end of the contract if your finances have not improved. You can't assume just because someone has a cell phone or cable TV and is having money issues they are not making smart choices. Also in this day and age most folks have a cell phone, but DO NOT have a home phone, so there is a balance....hard to find a job without a way to be contacted. Not everything is black and white.

I have never seen those terms in a contract. The $200 fee is for early disconnection.

That is the penalty for not keeping service the whole time. If you pay out the remaining months of service,

you are not in breech of your contract. I have never seen in any contract where BOTH have to be paid.

In the case of having a cell phone with no home phone... A basic cell phone does not cost $60+ a month.

But I see these people in these types of situations carrying $500+ smart phones, which easily

boast a $90+ a month phone plan. Everything IS black and white, if you set your priorities.

As I said, a lot of people have their priorities out of whack. I have seen people lose their homes but yet

drive Cadillac Escalades. Yeah, they need transportation, but a Honda Civic will do just as good, cost less,

get better mileage, and be cheaper on insurance. Yet they continue to drive their Cadillac.

Same principle.

I agree folks don't put away for a rainy day but I think part of that is just the times we are living in. Fact is that the cost of living has risen over 20% in the last 7 years yet avg. take home pay has stayed flat....and that's assuming you HAVE a job to start with.

But the fact is they don't put away for a rainy day. As I stated, it's all in your priorites.

I realize that is not always the case and there are people out there who this doesn't apply.

However, the large majority of people, this does apply.

It doesn't matter how much the cost of living increases or your income stays flat.

When that happens, you HAVE to sacrifice and you have to make your necessities are #1 priority and

you HAVE to stop doing the 'fun' things until you get back to where you can.

Like I said, I hear people complaining ALL the time and yet they still have all their luxuries,

going to the movies, going out to eat, going to Six Flags... There is a point where people have to realize,

"hey, I have to quit spending money on things other than basic rent/mortgage, gas, and food."

Believe me, I have been there in the past. It's not fun and it's hard as hell to give up your

toys and your pleasures. But a person HAS to have the discipline to do it.

I have no problems with people who are truly bottomed out.

It's the people who have all the luxuries and complain they can't make ends meet,

yet they aren't willing to give up their 'fun.'

One other little addendum...

Jobs ARE out there. There are plenty of jobs out there.

BUT, the problem is that (once again) a large majority of the people will not take

a job that doesn't pay close to what they are accustomed to making.

They won't take a job at McDonald's. They won't work two or three jobs

and do what it takes to make ends meet.

They sit on their couch, watching TV, and wait... and wait... and wait.

To get a job of any kind, you have to be a go getter. Jobs don't come to you.

The ones who survive in this kind of economy are the ones who reduce their expenses,

work a much as necessary to keep food on the table and a roof over their head.

America, by and large, is lazy. Until that changes, as a whole, people will

continue to be in this job drought that they have been in. A good example are

the MANY people who were/are on unemployment. Many of them say, "I make more money on unemployment than by having a job..." That's the mentality that screws people in the long run.

Edited by Nitro

Yes, I have already had to hide a lot of comments that I think are very distasteful.

I don't do a lot of FB except games and I don't do "status".....

but I have this one person that posts crap over and over and over

How do you hide their comments? I thought about "un" friending them, it's not like they're a friend, they came through as a friend of a friend. Can someone see when you "un" friend them?

sorry for the hijack

For Nitro:

pie.jpg

My thoughts exactlly. My guess is he has never had to actually do the scraficing he wants everyone else to do. It's easy to preach while looking down on everyone.

Oh, and for cheezes and giggles I called ATT to cancel my cell plan. Sure enough, you have to pay for the remainder of the contract and a dis-connect fee.

Edited by Go BLUE!
  • Like 1

My thoughts exactlly. My guess is he has never had to actually do the scraficing he wants everyone else to do. It's easy to preach while looking down on everyone.

For most people like you and I in the middle class, coming up with $5K isn't "hard". Yes, it would require some shuffling, but no big deal...$10K would probably start the hurting and $25K would likely have us taking out loans on our retirement.

And I feel EXTREMELY thankful that I have this room because it's a HELL of a lot more than A LOT of teachers, police officers, meter readers, firefighters...all noble professions, but they bulk of them live pay check to pay check.

I appreciate that pcom has it's own resident Dave Ramsey, but (and I really learned this one a couple weeks ago), life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. You have to find a striking balance that allows you to spend enough money to be happy and save enough to take care of the majority of reasonable items that could "pop up".

How do you balance a cheaper cell phone on a contract with a more expensive and inconvenient prepaid one? And let's say that this cell phone dilemma sat with a single mom - I'd hardly say that a single mother shouldn't have a cell phone. I'm sure that it could be argued that she should put that $200 away - but then she gets a flat 6 months into her contract, not expecting to need tires for another year, she had to use it. See how that works?

Life. It's a biitch.

Edited by dumbestgirlintheworld

How do you hide their comments? I thought about "un" friending them, it's not like they're a friend, they came through as a friend of a friend. Can someone see when you "un" friend them?

sorry for the hijack

In the upper right corner of a post there is a thing to click on that gives you a choice of hiding that post. I don't know if they are notified when you unfriend someone - I've wondered that myself.

First, you'd be flat wrong. I have most definitely been in that sacrificing situation, a couple of different times.

Second, I'm not looking down on anyone.

All I am saying is that a large majority of the people out there complaining are the ones who won't rearrange their priorities and give

up some of their luxuries and they don't plan ahead for the rainy day.

I have been in that sacrificing position a few times and ya know what? It didn't bother me a bit.

I kept food on the table and a roof over my head. I kept the vehicles in shape and there was NOTHING else going on that wasn't a necessity.

Once again, it's called personal responsibility. A person is in the position they are in life SOLELY because of the choices THEY made.

Oh, and for cheezes and giggles I called ATT to cancel my cell plan. Sure enough, you have to pay for the remainder of the contract and a dis-connect fee.

Ok, so let's say you do. Do you have a home phone line? According to your own words, many people are getting rid of land lines

and going to cell phones. So, don't pay a cell phone disconnect fee. Disconnect your land line. Get rid of your data plan and text plan,

if you have one. Keep your cell phone and get the minimal amount of minutes that you can survive on.

See, it's really not that hard. Like I said, you have to be willing to think and make the sacrifice. Most people aren't willing to do that,

so they get in over their head.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 3

First, you'd be flat wrong. I have most definitely been in that sacrificing situation, a couple of different times.

Second, I'm not looking down on anyone.

All I am saying is that a large majority of the people out there complaining are the ones who won't rearrange their priorities and give

up some of their luxuries and they don't plan ahead for the rainy day.

I have been in that sacrificing position a few times and ya know what? It didn't bother me a bit.

I kept food on the table and a roof over my head. I kept the vehicles in shape and there was NOTHING else going on that wasn't a necessity.

Once again, it's called personal responsibility. A person is in the position they are in life SOLELY because of the choices THEY made.

Ok, so let's say you do. Do you have a home phone line? According to your own words, many people are getting rid of land lines

and going to cell phones. So, don't pay a cell phone disconnect fee. Disconnect your land line. Get rid of your data plan and text plan,

if you have one. Keep your cell phone and get the minimal amount of minutes that you can survive on.

See, it's really not that hard. Like I said, you have to be willing to think and make the sacrifice. Most people aren't willing to do that,

so they get in over their head.

:rofl: that's the biggest crook of sheeze I have ever heard. There are PLENTY of folks that get trucked by people all the time and there is NOTHING they can do about it. In terms of the phone thing, it wasn't for me it was to prove you are wrong.

I was just calling to see if one can get out of their contract without paying what they owe, like you and some others have claimed - and the answer is no....you also can't reduce your plan when you are under contract, you can't remove your data or text plan when you are under contract, you can only increase it. That is why it is called a CONTRACT. Like I said, it isn't as easy as you and Dave Ramsey like to make it sound to reduce stuff once you have started. There are A LOT of folks tha that have lost BOTH incomes in there homes that did live within their means, but sheeze hit the fan and it hit the fan hard. NOT EVEN YOU are prepared for EVERYTHING life with throw your way, and YES it is VERY judgemental to make ASSumptions about folks based on stuff you have no clue about. I always laugh when I hear Dave tell folks that are upside down on a car to "just get rid of it". Ahhh Yeah, so basically you take a huge loss AND DON'T HAVE A CAR but still have a huge payment OR you pass your issue on to some other idiot that is going to be the next caller on the line to talk to dear ole Dave. Life's what happens when you are making plans...and it usually is a bitch.

Edited by Go BLUE!
  • Like 1

sorry for the hijack

AH GEESH!!!

Already had that happen to me once!!

What'd I do ???

Edited by Blondiega1

Another reason Georgia is still laying off..... backward thinking.

I left my last company not long after the 10% cut.... you can't trust companies like that. Old CEO gave him self 1 million bonus each year I was there and cut jobs every year. I am now making twice what I was in Georgia and have a very secure job....

I suggest taking the pay cut to insure temporary job security...Then put all after hours time in to getting a new job as that company is not stable. Jump on your terms and not on companies terms.

Obama would rather have everyone take the paycut. That way it doesn't show up in the unemployment numbers and they can continue the lies that everyone who has a job is getting paid what they're worth.

• Like 1

:rofl: that's the biggest crook of sheeze I have ever heard. There are PLENTY of folks that get trucked by people all the time and there is NOTHING they can do about it. In terms of the phone thing, it wasn't for me it was to prove you are wrong.

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "get trucked."

In terms of the phone thing, no, actually, you didn't prove me wrong.

I said I never HEARD of a company doing that. Not once did I say they didn't.

If they do, that's fine. Still doesn't prove anything.

I was just calling to see if one can get out of their contract without paying what they owe, like you and some others have claimed - and the answer is no....you also can't reduce your plan when you are under contract, you can't remove your data or text plan when you are under contract, you can only increase it.

Once again, you're wrong. I NEVER said you COULDN'T. I said I never HEARD of a company doing that.

Quit trying to put words in my mouth to suit your agenda.

Secondly, I most certainly CAN reduce my plan when I am under contract, because I JUST did it 2 weeks ago.

Maybe YOUR provider won't let you do it, but mine most certainly will.

So, once again, YOU are in the situation you put yourself in. YOU signed a contract with a company who would stick it to you.

I signed a contract with a company that won't. Bad decision on your part... but I guess it wasn't YOUR fault.

Like I said, it isn't as easy as you and Dave Ramsey like to make it sound to reduce stuff once you have started.

Yeah, actually it is. I've done it MANY of times. When times get hard, I reduced my luxuries and focus solely on necessities.

It's very easy. But, you have to have a little discipline and do some research to make it work. Those two things alone

are something a LOT of people today lack.

There are A LOT of folks tha that have lost BOTH incomes in there homes that did live within their means, but sheeze hit the fan and it hit the fan hard.

Living within your means and saving for a rainy day and being prepared for the unexpected are two entirely different things.

Also, when the sheeze hits the fan, you have to be willing to do work that you normally wouldn't do and do it during hours

that may not be to your liking... I've done it... I've been there.

NOT EVEN YOU are prepared for EVERYTHING life with throw your way

You have no clue as to what I am prepared for... and I'd be willing to bet there is very little that I am not prepared for.

...and YES it is VERY judgemental to make ASSumptions about folks based on stuff you have no clue about.

You're putting words in my mouth again... I didn't judge anyone.

I simply said that there are a LOT more people than not who are unwilling to absolutely do what is necessary to survive.

"This job doesn't pay what I want.." or "I am making more on unemployment so why look until it runs out?"

There are hundreds of thousands of people out there that are sitting on their asses because they refuse to take work that is "beneath them"

or isn't the pay they expect... and their house and vehicles get repo'd because of it. What they don't realize is that job that pays half

of what they are use to will probably outlast unemployment and still be a steady source of income. Will McDonald's pay your mortgage?

Probably not. Does that mean I wouldn't take a job vs. losing my house without a fight? Hell no. I'll work at McDonald's and when I get

off work there, I'll go start another shift at Arby's. I will work or do anything that I HAVE to do to keep myself afloat.

This country, overall, has gotten lazy and snobby with it's comfort level and doesn't know what it means to work hard and

work long to survive. That's a fact.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 2

Sounds like you are looking out for your self and your future with the right attitude. Life deals everyone a decent set of cards in life. It is how you play them and work around the bad hands that is the true test.

I can say I have been lucky for the most part and not had too many bad hands. But I learned how to prepare for those days from my folks.

My dad left a suit job with little job security for a job cleaning the bath rooms at Miami airport. He worked his way to the air freight and then shift boss. He knew that you have to work some cruddy jobs to put food on the table and pay your dues to get to the better jobs.

You do what you have to do to get a pay check. Don't blame someone else for your situation and sit on your arse. You find a way to make the money you need for your family.

Save what you can so that when the bad days come, you can manage threw them with few bumps in the road.

If you are working and getting by, you need to live within your means and get rid of the credit cards and loans. If you can't afford to pay cash then do you really need the item?

And stop blaming someone else, it does no good and I would like to know how someone not directly tied to your life ruined it. Get over it and move on and put it in the past and look to where you need to be two steps from now. :good:

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "get trucked."

In terms of the phone thing, no, actually, you didn't prove me wrong.

I said I never HEARD of a company doing that. Not once did I say they didn't.

If they do, that's fine. Still doesn't prove anything.

Once again, you're wrong. I NEVER said you COULDN'T. I said I never HEARD of a company doing that.

Quit trying to put words in my mouth to suit your agenda.

Secondly, I most certainly CAN reduce my plan when I am under contract, because I JUST did it 2 weeks ago.

Maybe YOUR provider won't let you do it, but mine most certainly will.

So, once again, YOU are in the situation you put yourself in. YOU signed a contract with a company who would stick it to you.

I signed a contract with a company that won't. Bad decision on your part... but I guess it wasn't YOUR fault.

Yeah, actually it is. I've done it MANY of times. When times get hard, I reduced my luxuries and focus solely on necessities.

It's very easy. But, you have to have a little discipline and do some research to make it work. Those two things alone

are something a LOT of people today lack.

Living within your means and saving for a rainy day and being prepared for the unexpected are two entirely different things.

Also, when the sheeze hits the fan, you have to be willing to do work that you normally wouldn't do and do it during hours

that may not be to your liking... I've done it... I've been there.

You have no clue as to what I am prepared for... and I'd be willing to bet there is very little that I am not prepared for.

You're putting words in my mouth again... I didn't judge anyone.

I simply said that there are a LOT more people than not who are unwilling to absolutely do what is necessary to survive.

"This job doesn't pay what I want.." or "I am making more on unemployment so why look until it runs out?"

There are hundreds of thousands of people out there that are sitting on their asses because they refuse to take work that is "beneath them"

or isn't the pay they expect... and their house and vehicles get repo'd because of it. What they don't realize is that job that pays half

of what they are use to will probably outlast unemployment and still be a steady source of income. Will McDonald's pay your mortgage?

Probably not. Does that mean I wouldn't take a job vs. losing my house without a fight? Hell no. I'll work at McDonald's and when I get

off work there, I'll go start another shift at Arby's. I will work or do anything that I HAVE to do to keep myself afloat.

This country, overall, has gotten lazy and snobby with it's comfort level and doesn't know what it means to work hard and

work long to survive. That's a fact.

• Like 2

Sounds like you are looking out for your self and your future with the right attitude. Life deals everyone a decent set of cards in life. It is how you play them and work around the bad hands that is the true test.

EXACTLY!!

But I learned how to prepare for those days from my folks.

Same here. I have learned multiple trades. If I lose my job, I may not be able to find another job doing what I am doing now,

but I can most certainly find another job doing something else. I made and taught myself skills in a variety of areas that

employers need. I don't rely on being in the job I am at forever. If I can hold it until I retire or I decide to leave, great!

If I am let go for some reason, I CAN get another job in that field or several other fields because I AM responsible for my choices in

life... I don't blame others.

My dad left a suit job with little job security for a job cleaning the bath rooms at Miami airport. He worked his way to the air freight and then shift boss. He knew that you have to work some cruddy jobs to put food on the table and pay your dues to get to the better jobs.

I've done the same thing. I didn't necessarily like it. I didn't have money to do the fun things in life.

But I paid the bills and I kept food on the table. That's ALL I did during those times and I made it through.

You do what you have to do to get a pay check. Don't blame someone else for your situation and sit on your arse. You find a way to make the money you need for your family.

Save what you can so that when the bad days come, you can manage threw them with few bumps in the road.

If you are working and getting by, you need to live within your means and get rid of the credit cards and loans. If you can't afford to pay cash then do you really need the item?

And stop blaming someone else, it does no good and I would like to know how someone not directly tied to your life ruined it. Get over it and move on and put it in the past and look to where you need to be two steps from now. :good:

I am so glad to see there are still a few people left out there that have this belief.

One of the reasons the country is in the shape it's in is because of the thought process by those posts above.

Let me blame ANYONE or EVERYONE for what has happened to me. Let me whine about it rather than suck it up and do something about it.

I wonder how many of those people at home, drawing unemployment, and have been looking for the same job at the same pay they were in,

could have been using that time to study and research on the internet, library, or other means to learn a new skill where jobs are a little

more prevalent? I don't have any hard numbers, but I'd be almost willing to bet that there were VERY few.

As I said, you're where you are in life because of the choices you make.

If you accept that and take responsibility for it and do what's necessary, you will survive.

If you blame someone else and whine about it... you're going to be in the hole for a long, long time.

EXACTLY!!

Same here. I have learned multiple trades. If I lose my job, I may not be able to find another job doing what I am doing now,

but I can most certainly find another job doing something else. I made and taught myself skills in a variety of areas that

employers need. I don't rely on being in the job I am at forever. If I can hold it until I retire or I decide to leave, great!

If I am let go for some reason, I CAN get another job in that field or several other fields because I AM responsible for my choices in

life... I don't blame others.

I've done the same thing. I didn't necessarily like it. I didn't have money to do the fun things in life.

But I paid the bills and I kept food on the table. That's ALL I did during those times and I made it through.

I am so glad to see there are still a few people left out there that have this belief.

One of the reasons the country is in the shape it's in is because of the thought process by those posts above.

Let me blame ANYONE or EVERYONE for what has happened to me. Let me whine about it rather than suck it up and do something about it.

I wonder how many of those people at home, drawing unemployment, and have been looking for the same job at the same pay they were in,

could have been using that time to study and research on the internet, library, or other means to learn a new skill where jobs are a little

more prevalent? I don't have any hard numbers, but I'd be almost willing to bet that there were VERY few.

As I said, you're where you are in life because of the choices you make.

If you accept that and take responsibility for it and do what's necessary, you will survive.

If you blame someone else and whine about it... you're going to be in the hole for a long, long time.

Now who is putting words in who's mouth?

By the way, you are acting as if I personally have some sort of issue money wise. Thankfully I don't. The difference is that I understand not everyone is a victim of their own doing and sometimes life trucks you over. I believe when that happens you do what you can do dig yourself out of it, but I'm not stupid enough to believe you can prepare for every thing life throws at you.

Now who is putting words in who's mouth?

I didn't put anything in your mouth.

Once again, you failed to read what I wrote.

I said that it was the posts and THOUGHT processes, like above, is the reason the country is in the shape it's in.

That's pretty clear. If you don't believe your are in the position you are in because of YOUR own actions,

then you are part of the problem. If you do believe that, then you are the type that when you get in to something bad,

you will get yourself out of something bad.

By the way, you are acting as if I personally have some sort of issue money wise.

Uh... No, I'm not. Not once have I directed a single thing I said towards you specifically.

The difference is that I understand not everyone is a victim of their own doing and sometimes life trucks you over. I believe when that happens you do what you can do dig yourself out of it, but I'm not stupid enough to believe you can prepare for every thing life throws at you.

I guess your definition of prepare for life is different. You CAN prepare for ANYTHING life throws at you.

If you don't believe it, name ONE single thing that you think I can't prepare for and I'll show you that I AM already

prepared for it. Now, at the time it gets thrown at me, it may be an inconvenience and it may make times

a little rough, while having to deal with the situation, but I assure you, there is NOTHING I cannot work through and keep myself afloat.

Yeah, deal with it when it happens. It's how you deal with it and what you have in your bag of tricks in the corner that makes

surviving because of it, tragic and disastrous or just an inconvenience that you get through and keep on trudging along.

So, feel free... go ahead and name ONE thing in life that I have absolutely NO control over.

Let me know ONE thing that someone else can "truck" (Whatever the hell that means)me over, that I have no control over.

Let me know ONE thing that affects my life that I simply cannot come out of...

That list may be quite extensive for someone who thinks like you do... but for me, I don't have that list.

I deal with what I get and I move on... and move ahead..

• Like 1

I didn't put anything in your mouth.

Once again, you failed to read what I wrote.

I said that it was the posts and THOUGHT processes, like above, is the reason the country is in the shape it's in.

That's pretty clear. If you don't believe your are in the position you are in because of YOUR own actions,

then you are part of the problem. If you do believe that, then you are the type that when you get in to something bad,

you will get yourself out of something bad.

Uh... No, I'm not. Not once have I directed a single thing I said towards you specifically.

I guess your definition of prepare for life is different. You CAN prepare for ANYTHING life throws at you.

If you don't believe it, name ONE single thing that you think I can't prepare for and I'll show you that I AM already

prepared for it. Now, at the time it gets thrown at me, it may be an inconvenience and it may make times

a little rough, while having to deal with the situation, but I assure you, there is NOTHING I cannot work through and keep myself afloat.

Yeah, deal with it when it happens. It's how you deal with it and what you have in your bag of tricks in the corner that makes

surviving because of it, tragic and disastrous or just an inconvenience that you get through and keep on trudging along.

So, feel free... go ahead and name ONE thing in life that I have absolutely NO control over.

Let me know ONE thing that someone else can "truck" (Whatever the hell that means)me over, that I have no control over.

Let me know ONE thing that affects my life that I simply cannot come out of...

That list may be quite extensive for someone who thinks like you do... but for me, I don't have that list.

I deal with what I get and I move on... and move ahead..

Cancer. Cancer that cost so much your insurance doesn't cover it, but you still survive so you are stuck with hundreds of thousands in medical bills. Shall I go on?

• Like 1

Cancer. Cancer that cost so much your insurance doesn't cover it, but you still survive so you are stuck with hundreds of thousands in medical bills. Shall I go on?

Well... First, to go on, that means you have to have a valid first argument.

You don't.

Second, you have no clue as to what my insurance covers.

Third, I have insurance that covers cancer.

So, no, you can't "Go on," but you are more than welcome to try again.

Just because YOU may not have cancer insurance doesn't mean other

people do not.

Edited by Nitro

Well... First, to go on, that means you have to have a valid first argument.

You don't.

Second, you have no clue as to what my insurance covers.

Third, I have insurance that covers cancer.

So, no, you can't "Go on," but you are more than welcome to try again.

Just because YOU may not have cancer insurance doesn't mean other

people do not.

You keep living in the world of unicorns, and rainbows with pots of gold at the end. I'll live in the real world. "Cancer insurance" still has limits and even your all knowing all powerful self would be shocked at how quickly they are met.

Mods please close this topic. It will avoid the poll troll from bringing it back up, and avoid us having to deal with the almighty any further. Thanks.

Edited by Go BLUE!
  • Like 1