Paulding.com

I can't see that on my phone

Why does that not surprise me a bit with Greystone?

They treat the internet like it's some strange thing that is to be treated as a passing fad and not to be taken seriously.

Really a website on reporting outages that don't work on mobile devices?

What's the friggin point.

I don't mean this the way it sounds, because it sounds smart alecky, but with the new smart meters, why does Greystone even NEED a number for customers to call to report outages? Isn't that part of the point of the new meters, to be made aware of where outages occur???? :unsure:

LR, I don't know about current outages but the one this morning occured about 8am and lasted about an hour. I am off East Paulding Dr. in New Hope and everytime ours goes out I will call. I have the regular and emergency numbers programmed in my cell phone. I have called about 20 minutes into an outage before and discovered that NO ONE in my neighborhood had called at all, so Greystone had no report! This was before the new meters but I guess everyone just assumed that Greystone knew about the outage.

we were on east paulding drive when i heard the big boom.. it came from behind publix in new hope.. the power station.. it looked like most of the stores in that area were out of power.

Wow, I heard nothing and live right behind Publix. Our power never went out.

LR, I don't know about current outages but the one this morning occured about 8am and lasted about an hour. I am off East Paulding Dr. in New Hope and everytime ours goes out I will call. I have the regular and emergency numbers programmed in my cell phone. I have called about 20 minutes into an outage before and discovered that NO ONE in my neighborhood had called at all, so Greystone had no report! This was before the new meters but I guess everyone just assumed that Greystone knew about the outage.

You'd be surprised how often people think that the power company just 'knows' when the power goes off. A month or so ago, Hubby went to a lights out call and these people had been sitting in the dark and hot for almost 4 days. When another neighbor returned home from a trip, they called and he was there to fix the problem within the hour. The couple who had been in the dark asked him why no one had shown up before and why it took 4 days and when he asked when they had called to report the outage, they said 'We didn't call, we were waiting on you to show up'. The power can't fix the power if they don't know it's out. ALWAYS CALL!

There are instances when they do know, like if a circuit operates or if they have an issue in a substation. But if it is an isolated thing, like a fuse blowing, they have no clue unless calls come in.