Paulding.com

OK so I’m eating at the steak and shake in Hiram, this guy comes up to the counter to PAY his bill, dressed in jeans and a non-descript T-shirt. He has a glock on his belt, EXPOSED.

The place was crowded and no one really seemed to notice or be bothered.

My reaction? < thinking to myself> Dude,,, why did you waste your money putting that stupid lazer sight on that thing?

He did have an FOP hat on though, so I ASSUMED there was some sort of LE affiliation.

Just thought I’d share…….. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

• Like 2

<note to self, when @ steak and shake DO NOT carry concealed,,,,, possible date opportunity by carrying exposed >>>> :)

Be careful exposing yourself, some ladies like it but some get mean and call the police.

Be careful exposing yourself, some ladies like it but some get mean and call the police.

I find it intimidating when some carriers have a bigger gun than me.

My Henry Big Boy, which I am in the process of saving money to buy, is going to be bad, and I want need a license to carry it. smile.gif

Not about this particular dude, but it has always amused me when dudes trick out their guns more than Delta just to shoot them at a paper target.

I did that when I saw my dad's marksman medal, when he got home from WWII. He taught me on paper targets, and I still practice., now and then. I don't claim to be a marksman, but I can shoot pretty good. drinks.gif

I just saw on Meet the Press the interview with Bill Cosby and he reference guns.

His point was simply that at the moment you strap a gun on your hip, you've made the decision that you're ready to shoot and kill someone.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Unless you want a large discussion of the Howard Theater opening in Washington DC or a discussion of profanity and comedy, you'll need to fast forward to about 11:35 of the video to play the part that is germane.

Indeed, you've got to have that attitude or else your gun is likely to be used to kill you.

It used to be that by common consent, no one would bring a gun and while you could die - a whiskey bottle over the head, a sharp object, etc. to the heart ... and generally speaking as long as you keep your distance there is no threat ... and, more importantly, no one had made the mental leap to be prepared to take a life.

When you think about it, knowing the presence of a gun means that the person has made that leap is what makes carrying a gun so creepy.

pubby

Well personally I prefer that the guns stay zipped up in public (what you do in the privacy of your home, is your biddness.) Weapons on the other hand, concealed or not does not intimidate me. It is good to know who is intimidated by them though.

Well personally I prefer that the guns stay zipped up in public (what you do in the privacy of your home, is your biddness.) Weapons on the other hand, concealed or not does not intimidate me. It is good to know who is intimidated by them though.

So you want mind when a bunch of people, who have the same attitude that I have, start carrying their long rifles because they don't have a license to carry a pistol; am I correct, gog? drinks.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You want say OMG, I saw The Postman down at the stake-n-shake with a Henry Big Boy strapped on his shoulder, will you? smile.gif.

Edited by The Postman

I just saw on Meet the Press the interview with Bill Cosby and he reference guns.

His point was simply that at the moment you strap a gun on your hip, you've made the decision that you're ready to shoot and kill someone.

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc8f95a2" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=47022744&width=420&height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc8f95a2" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=47022744&width=420&height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

Indeed, you've got to have that attitude or else your gun is likely to be used to kill you.

It used to be that by common consent, no one would bring a gun and while you could die - a whiskey bottle over the head, a sharp object, etc. to the heart ... and generally speaking as long as you keep your distance there is no threat ... and, more importantly, no one had made the mental leap to be prepared to take a life.

When you think about it, knowing the presence of a gun means that the person has made that leap is what makes carrying a gun so creepy.

pubby

It is sort of a mental preparedness thing. The shrinks that get into cops heads call it "hypervigilance" I don't know what they call it for the rest of the folks.

But it comes down to this, I live in a free society, I am responsible for my own protection and know there are people out there who prey on others. Uniform on or bot, concealed or exposed, when I have a weapon on my person, I know a time may come when I have no recourse but to resort to the use of that weapo and have no reservations about its use of it comes down toprotecting .ysrlf or others from the threat of eminent death or great bodily harm

So you want mind when a bunch of people, who have the same attitude that I have, start carrying their long rifles because they don't have a license to carry a pistol; am I correct, gog? drinks.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You want say OMG, I saw The Postman down at the stake-n-shake with a Henry Big Boy strapped on his shoulder, will you? smile.gif.

I don't have a problem with anyone caring what ever. Pistol, rifle, short/ long/ whatever, bow, knife. It is what it is. Your just intimidated (scared) of people who want to carry.

Dude, I guess ya gotta eat, Right?

It is sort of a mental preparedness thing. The shrinks that get into cops heads call it "hypervigilance" I don't know what they call it for the rest of the folks.

But it comes down to this, I live in a free society, I am responsible for my own protection and know there are people out there who prey on others. Uniform on or bot, concealed or exposed, when I have a weapon on my person, I know a time may come when I have no recourse but to resort to the use of that weapo and have no reservations about its use of it comes down toprotecting .ysrlf or others from the threat of eminent death or great bodily harm

I see what you mean, now, wcso! I was thinking more of a manner of carrying in the open. Some men would have no problem carrying even a part of their anatomy that most men want carry to the stake-n-shake in the open. But, I guess you wouldn't mind me being my Henry Big Boy to the stake-n-shake, loaded for bear. drinks.gif

Edited by The Postman

I don't have a problem with anyone caring what ever. Pistol, rifle, short/ long/ whatever, bow, knife. It is what it is. Your just intimidated (scared) of people who want to carry.

Dude, I guess ya gotta eat, Right?

I think you guys are winning me over, I guess I'll be seeing some of you around. I'm actually glad that am able to start defending myself. bringem on. drinks.gif

Those that carry in public are Rambo wanna bees. They have an inferiority complex. Someone comes in with a gun and I see it, I ask the manager to find out of they are law enforcement. If so, I stay. If not, I tell the manager the guns goes or my family leaves immediately. Too many bad things can happen with a Rambo Wanna Be. Can we say Zimmerman?

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

Back off biotch...I saw him first.

Don't make me cut you.

Fine by me.

:good:

here is my weapon, here is my gun, this one is for shootin, this one is for fun..... :D

Those that carry in public are Rambo wanna bees. They have an inferiority complex. Someone comes in with a gun and I see it, I ask the manager to find out of they are law enforcement. If so, I stay. If not, I tell the manager the guns goes or my family leaves immediately. Too many bad things can happen with a Rambo Wanna Be. Can we say Zimmerman?

Just my opinion.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Take another pill....

• Like 2

Just my opinion.

Yep, I agree!

• Like 1

Small hijack. I have wanted to buy and learn to shoot for a while now. Don't know how to go about it or how much a gun would cost. I wont even consider owning one unless can learn how to use it. I have heard of a lot of folks getting shot with their own because of inexperience.

And the reason you're carrying is largely because of concerns about someone else getting the drop on you. Feeding this concern are incessant media reports of crime. Not a night goes by that there is not news of a robbery, murder or home invasion. Surveys that measure people's perception of crime and incidence show that people believe that crime is continuing to increase.

The only problem with this WSCO is that crime is actually declining and has been for the last twenty or so years.

Folks - gun owners - are much more likely to commit suicide (including murder/suicide) than thwart a thief or protect their family from a stranger. The presence of guns everywhere just guarantees that motive and opportunity turns into a shooting death probably ten times more often than in other western cultures.

Though crime rates overall are declining, last year Gallup found Americans perceive the crime problem in the United States as worsening, with seven in 10 saying there is “more crime in the U.S. than a year ago.”

The failure of the media and public officials to demystify crime is not just unfortunate, it is dangerous, Warr warns.

“What makes fear of crime so important as a social problem is its consequences for our society,” Warr says. “When people take precautions based on fear that restrict their life and their children’s lives, we restrict our freedom and we do so unnecessarily. Fear also undermines the civility and trust in our communities that make civic life possible, and that’s a terrible consequence for a democratic society.”

When speaking with the media about crime during the past few decades, Warr has tried to inject information about the negative consequences of fear into news stories. His approach met with some success during the mid-1990s.

In 1994, ABC News drafted Warr to serve as an expert consultant for John Stossel’s news special “Are We Scaring Ourselves to Death?” which investigated the media’s culpability in cultivating fear of crime.

Though the television special drew millions of viewers and was a step in the right direction, Warr found its impact was short-lived. Today, he sees the proliferation of true crime shows, such as ABC’s “Primetime: Crime,” as evidence that, in the quest for ratings and advertising dollars, the media are back on the crime beat.

But, Americans have good reason to be optimistic about crime, if not crime news coverage, Warr asserts.

“Part of my job as a researcher is to educate people about the reality of the world they live in–the reality that isn’t reflected in the media,” he says. “And overall, crime is going down. There are individual years where it will jump. But the long-term trend is that things are getting better.”

source: http://www.utexas.edu/features/2008/11/10/crime/

Of course the big problem with lowered crime is that if that is accepted as the reality, the perception that you're at great risk of being the victim of crime may drop and with that drop, the demand for guns. And if that ever happened, the political clout of the NRA would diminish. Oh the horror ;)

pubby

Irrational fear is irrational first.

Back to the intimidation some people feel, like former member mentioned regarding herself ans her family. She didn't use the word intimidation, but I will tell you that it's intimidating to see a non -police person with his gun in any public place. If I pull into the stake-n- shake parking lot, and see some dude with a gun strapped to his belt I will leave. And, if I think the situation is really dangerous, I reach for my long rifle, and ease around on the other side of my pick-up, waiting for him to come out and leave. drinks.gif

postman, whatever you are on.....you really need to up the doseage.

You can guarantee that openly carrying a long gun in public will go badly for you...If I saw you crouching behind a vehicle with a long arm oriented toward the entrance to a public building or business you would have a very bad day...

Your avatar as a troll was waaay more fitting.

• Like 1

And the reason you're carrying is largely because of concerns about someone else getting the drop on you. Feeding this concern are incessant media reports of crime. Not a night goes by that there is not news of a robbery, murder or home invasion. Surveys that measure people's perception of crime and incidence show that people believe that crime is continuing to increase.

The only problem with this WSCO is that crime is actually declining and has been for the last twenty or so years.

Folks - gun owners - are much more likely to commit suicide (including murder/suicide) than thwart a thief or protect their family from a stranger. The presence of guns everywhere just guarantees that motive and opportunity turns into a shooting death probably ten times more often than in other western cultures.

Of course the big problem with lowered crime is that if that is accepted as the reality, the perception that you're at great risk of being the victim of crime may drop and with that drop, the demand for guns. And if that ever happened, the political clout of the NRA would diminish. Oh the horror ;)

pubby

Irrational fear is irrational first.

Pubby, that seems like an “it won’t happen to me” mentality. And the fact that crime has dropped in recent years, well, those numbers can be skewed. Either way one is playing the odds with that kind of thinking. Im not a gambling man. If one went with the numbers, one could argue that of the 400 thousand or so officers in the us only a small fraction are murdered in the line of duty each year, and only a small portion of the others ever encounter a situation where they will need to employ deadly force in their careers, so there’s REALLY no need for them to be armed.

Its not an irrational fear, its an acknowledgement of a threat that is real and present, yet random and a choice to be ready should I encounter that threat.

i wonder why !!! hehehe

postman, whatever you are on.....you really need to up the doseage.

You can guarantee that openly carrying a long gun in public will go badly for you...If I saw you crouching behind a vehicle with a long arm oriented toward the entrance to a public building or business you would have a very bad day...

Your avatar as a troll was waaay more fitting.

I would not be as conspicuous as the guy I am on the other side of my pic-up from, and my long gun is not exposed, but lying just out of sight. If the guy reaches for his gun I will duck just enough to get a bead on him.

If he pulls his gun on anyone who is unarmed, I may not kill him but he want be holding his pistol because some of his fingers will be gone.

Now, if he pulls his gun on another armed man I want know which man need to drop his gun. drinks.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking into a place of business, with any kind of gun, is not very bright. Is everyone else is unarmed, what does a dumb arse like that need a gun for? smile.gif

Edited by The Postman

I would not be as conspicuous as the guy I am on the other side of my pic-up from, and my long gun is not exposed, but lying just out of sight. If the guy reaches for his gun I will duck just enough to get a bead on him. So if he pulls his gun on anyone who is unarmed, I may not kill; him but he want be holding his pistol because some of his fingers will be gone.

Noe, if he pulls his gun on another armed man I want know which man need to drop his gun. drinks.gif

Your so full of crap.

Just my opinion.

People who type the crap eddie/wt/tp types are the Rambo wannabes. You can see them a mile away.

You do know that the Rambo character preferred his survival knife to any weapon. In addition he didn't start the crap, but he sure did finish it.

Your so full of crap.

Not only that, but my gun is full of lead! drinks.gif

Carrying an exposed gun in front of unarmed people is not what anyone but foolish people do. If there should be two people with guns in a group where the rest of the people are unarmed, something might break out between them, and led would be flying.

That is not good.

I would hope that I had been observant enough, before entering that place of business, to leave the premises.

With the attitude of some of you, I need to keep my long gun very handy, and I need to start being more observant.

When I looked around, after signing out at my doctor's office, and saw a man with a gun, who had no badge, I backed away, because he was standing right next to me. The other patience, who were sitting around, was not amused either.

My doctor is going to hear about this next time I go to his office. unsure.gif

Edited by The Postman

People who type the crap eddie/wt/tp types are the Rambo wannabes. You can see them a mile away.

You do know that the Rambo character preferred his survival knife to any weapon. In addition he didn't start the crap, but he sure did finish it.

And his character played to the naive and the most base of all emotions. There is a reason the Rambo movies never got any awards and was even made into a comic book.

And his character played to the naive and the most base of all emotions. There is a reason the Rambo movies never got any awards and was even made into a comic book.

But he made you feel good and safe if you identified as being the underdog, you can relate to being a persecuted underdog right? Just accept the warm fuzzy feeling of safety my friend. here is a :friends: here is the second barrel if you need double the lead loaded pile of love :friends: :friends:

Small hijack. I have wanted to buy and learn to shoot for a while now. Don't know how to go about it or how much a gun would cost. I wont even consider owning one unless can learn how to use it. I have heard of a lot of folks getting shot with their own because of inexperience.

DH bought me a Taurus. I already knew how to shoot. It wasn't to expsnsive. Of course I don't remember how much it was.

No, I did not chose pink. It's just the picture.

wm_md_2116835.jpg

But he made you feel good and safe if you identified as being the underdog, you can relate to being a persecuted underdog right? Just accept the warm fuzzy feeling of safety my friend. here is a :friends: here is the second barrel if you need double the lead loaded pile of love :friends: :friends:

I wonder how good and safe the Sheriff made people feel, who watched that movie! drinks.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rambo's character was not the only character who inspired me. There were other characters who inspired me.

Edited by The Postman