best place for a steak

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The steak house in rockmart

OK now, let me get this straight, Rodneys and The Steakhouse in Rockmart are being compared to Chops, Bones, Mortons of Chicago, etc? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:   You guys totally forgot about P

Ok I am going to cast my vote,Rodneys here in Paulding. Yes you read right they have done very well,not fancy but down home great steaks.

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 34th anniversary next Monday. We would like to go out to eat. We both have a craving for a GOOD steak. Where in Paulding (or Douglas or west Cobb or even Polk) has the best steak?

The steak house in rockmart

• Like 3

I know very little about Rockmart. Where exactly is the Steak House? I've heard of it.

You go 278 pass the walmart in Rockmart and keep going like you are going to Cedartown you will turn left pass over railroad track on Baldwin Road (I think) and it is out at the end of that road I believe. Its an old house made into a restaurant but it has been by far the best steak place. It's a little bit of a drive but I think its worth it.

I think I know where the Walmart is. It's on the right if you're heading toward Cedartown, correct?

I just pulled up the map and I think we can find it without a problem. Like I said, I know little about Rockmart. Just how to get to West Elm Street is about it.

You go 278 pass the walmart in Rockmart and keep going like you are going to Cedartown you will turn left pass over railroad track on Baldwin Road (I think) and it is out at the end of that road I believe. Its an old house made into a restaurant but it has been by far the best steak place. It's a little bit of a drive but I think its worth it.

The Frontier Steak House in Rockmart is pretty good as well. Open Wed-Sat at 5PM and Sunday 12-3. But take cash or check, no credit/debit to keep prices down.

Not only is the food there good, but all of the old stuff they have hanging on the walls and the old car in the back make it a one-of-a-kind place.

From Dallas: US 278 west to Braswell rd (Coots Lake) turn left. At the first traffic light (Second Baptist Church) Turn left The next traffic light at the downtown shopping district turn left. we are 1.5 miles from the light. After you leave the downtown area, the road will turn into a winding rural road. Don't let that scare you we are on the right. 990 Hutchings Mountain Rd If you get lost in route, call me 770-684-5153

That's an area of Rockmart I AM familiar with! Know exactly where that is.

Unfortunately, we want to go out on Monday night. My first choice is Captain Nick's in Bangor, ME but that is out of the question right now. My second choice is The Fish House in Pensacola, which is also out of the question right now. :pardon: Maybe Captain Nick's for next year.

The Frontier Steak House in Rockmart is pretty good as well. Open Wed-Sat at 5PM and Sunday 12-3. But take cash or check, no credit/debit to keep prices down.

Not only is the food there good, but all of the old stuff they have hanging on the walls and the old car in the back make it a one-of-a-kind place.

From Dallas: US 278 west to Braswell rd (Coots Lake) turn left. At the first traffic light (Second Baptist Church) Turn left The next traffic light at the downtown shopping district turn left. we are 1.5 miles from the light. After you leave the downtown area, the road will turn into a winding rural road. Don't let that scare you we are on the right. 990 Hutchings Mountain Rd If you get lost in route, call me 770-684-5153

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 34th anniversary next Monday. We would like to go out to eat. We both have a craving for a GOOD steak. Where in Paulding (or Douglas or west Cobb or even Polk) has the best steak?

Hand down it is in Polk. The Steakhouse, best steak ever. I dont eat steak out much because I can make a better one at home but if I do get a steak out it is in Rockmart at The Steakhouse. The downside is that unless they have changed they are not open on Monday.

Edited by Dysfunctional

Hand down it is in Polk. The Steakhouse, best steak ever. I dont eat steak out much because I can make a better one at home but if I do get a steak out it is in Rockmart at The Steakhouse. The downside is that unless they have changed they are not open on Monday.

Call the Steak House to verify times.

well, crap!! I had my heart set on that one (especially after seeing the prices at Aspen). :(

Their FB page says they aren't open on Monday. :cray: I guess we could celebrate it another night. It's really just another day to us.

And no alcohol, I for one, like a glass of cabernet with my steak.

The steaks are the =@

Edited by Blondiega1

I've heard that is really, really good.

You've heard wrong, I was really disappointed in Aspen Steaks. For the price I was expecting Prime, but was informed it was Choice instead. For the amount of money I dropped on the meal I was expecting far far better. Longhorn did a better or equal job at only half the money. Unless it's Prime, I'm never dropping that kinda money for Steak again. Do some research and head towards Atlanta, I haven't ever had the opportunity to eat an aged Prime cut of beef and I don't believe it exsist anywhere around here. Proper sides are either creamed spinach or steamed asparagus that has been peeled and slathered in butter then eaten with your fingers...

You've heard wrong, I was really disappointed in Aspen Steaks. For the price I was expecting Prime, but was informed it was Choice instead. For the amount of money I dropped on the meal I was expecting far far better. Longhorn did a better or equal job at only half the money. Unless it's Prime, I'm never dropping that kinda money for Steak again. Do some research and head towards Atlanta, I haven't ever had the opportunity to eat an aged Prime cut of beef and I don't believe it exsist anywhere around here. Proper sides are either creamed spinach or steamed asparagus that has been peeled and slathered in butter then eaten with your fingers...

Bone's has a good rep.

What about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse?

There's one in Kennesaw on Chastain behind the Chick-Fil-A at the hotel.

I've never had one but I hear it's expensive.

And is the steakhouse in Rockmart really that good?

Everyone's "good" is subjective.

I would hate to drive that far and it not be better than say, Roadhouse.

I always get prime rib at Longhorns but the last couple of times it just wasn't worth the money.

I always get prime rib at Longhorns but the last couple of times it just wasn't worth the money.

It REALLY is that good! I have been to Bone's, I have been to Chops, I have been to Ruth's Chris, I have been to Morton's of Chicago in Buckhead, I have been to Aspen's and The Steak House in Rockmart is considerably better, in my opinion, than any of the others I listed. So easy to get to and such a laid back atmosphere. The salads are excellent also!

Ruth's Chris is great.

Aspens is good.

The Steakhouse in Rockmart left us disappointed both times we've been but that is just my experience.

Dogwood Terrace in Acworth is good.

If you like French food, the Blue Brick in Villa Rica is great.

If you're willing to travel to Atlanta, Babbett's Cafe is great, Bones is exceptional, and Capital Bar and Grill is super. Mortons is on the Super List too.

The best steak I've had around here is at Hal's in Atlanta but it's reservations only.

Edited by zoocrew

I always get prime rib at Longhorns but the last couple of times it jus wasn't worth the money.

:good:

I agree. Ruth's Chris *is* expensive - they sell their dishes a la carte and it adds up fast.

I think if I liked steak and wanted it for a special occasion, I'd leave west GA behind and head for Atlanta.

While our anniversary is special, we don't want to go overboard since we do live on a fixed income. We don't like to drive a long way to eat, don't want to dress up and don't want to make reservations. BUT if we went to the Steak House, we might get to see some friends and family while we're out that way. Still talking about where we want to go, but more than likely, it will be very late afternoon/early evening and not far from home (no, we don't consider Rockmart "far").

:good:

I agree. Ruth's Chris *is* expensive - they sell their dishes a la carte and it adds up fast.

I think if I liked steak and wanted it for a special occasion, I'd leave west GA behind and head for Atlanta.

I only ate at Rodney's once and the food was fantastic! It was at lunch, too.

Ok I am going to cast my vote,Rodneys here in Paulding. Yes you read right they have done very well,not fancy but down home great steaks.:clapping:

Look the service was great,they have this seasoning called gun powder. Then the steaks were cut to order and sooo juicy,they were huge too. Now myself and step son & wife chowed down and they were great. Now it isn't fancy but hey go where the great food is.:clapping: real casual and right here in Paulding county. Try it and see what I mean ok,hell I might think of something to celebrate too and go there for steaks,never had a bad meal there.:yahoo:

While our anniversary is special, we don't want to go overboard since we do live on a fixed income. We don't like to drive a long way to eat, don't want to dress up and don't want to make reservations.

Er.. yeah I was going to say I never had a bad steak at the Atlanta Fish Market down in Buckhead, I know that's leaning more to the seafood but that place is great. But it's probably not what you're looking for, reservations are needed, semi-formal to formal dress, valet parking, appetizers $10-15, seafood dinners $15-45, steaks are around $30 for prime. Personally I'd go and do Maine Calamari and Fritters for appetizer, get a NY Strip and add shrimp, and have a cup of their house coffee for dessert.

If I'm going to have seafood I'd rather go to Captain Nick's (in Bangor, ME), Captain Joeys or the Fish House(in Pensacola). And a SMALL steak is all either of us can eat, forget the appetizer and dessert. Heck, we can't eat half the entree if there is much in the way of side dishes. :blink:

Er.. yeah I was going to say I never had a bad steak at the Atlanta Fish Market down in Buckhead, I know that's leaning more to the seafood but that place is great. But it's probably not what you're looking for, reservations are needed, semi-formal to formal dress, valet parking, appetizers $10-15, seafood dinners $15-45, steaks are around $30 for prime. Personally I'd go and do Maine Calamari and Fritters for appetizer, get a NY Strip and add shrimp, and have a cup of their house coffee for dessert.

I only ate at Rodney's once and the food was fantastic! It was at lunch, too.

Rodneys is my favorite for steak. I love it and eat there on their steak nights.

I totally understand ambiance for a special occasion,but a good piece of meat cooked just right, Rodneys!

I eat steak a lot, I have to because of a B12 deficiency. I eat a lot at home also.

When ambiance, white table cloths, candles and fancy waiters is not an issue, just a great piece of meat, it is Rodneys.

Rodney loves good meat personally, it has to meet his standards or he doesn't serve it.

I have never had a tough piece of meat there, or had meat with tenderizer which I hate.

I don't go anywhere else for a good steak anymore.

I know you want to go on Monday, but he usually has a special on the best of the best cuts he can get Thursday night and a good price on all cuts on Friday night.

Give him a call and tell him what you would like to have Monday night for your anniversary and he will make sure he has that cut ready for you and he will cook it just like you want it.

• Like 1

If I'm going to have seafood I'd rather go to Captain Nick's (in Bangor, ME), Captain Joeys or the Fish House(in Pensacola). And a SMALL steak is all either of us can eat, forget the appetizer and dessert. Heck, we can't eat half the entree if there is much in the way of side dishes. :blink:

Well shoot honey lets load up the spouses and head on out down to Joe Patti's Fish House (that better be the one in Pensacola) then :p

But I was talking a bit more locally for a good seafood/steak combo. ;)

Erm, you know there's a very very old rule that you should never go out to eat at a restaurant on a Monday.

Edited by Riptides

I'm all for that road trip!! Car is halfway packed anyway. :lol:

I know Monday is generally not a good night for eating out, but it IS our anniversary. Any other night and it would be just another night.

Geez, where is Skeeters when you want it?

Well shoot honey lets load up the spouses and head on out down to Joe Patti's Fish House (that better be the one in Pensacola) then :p

But I was talking a bit more locally for a good seafood/steak combo. ;)

Erm, you know there's a very very old rule that you should never go out to eat at a restaurant on a Monday.

OK now, let me get this straight, Rodneys and The Steakhouse in Rockmart are being compared to Chops, Bones, Mortons of Chicago, etc? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You guys totally forgot about Phat Phils on 120.

Too much!

• Like 2

a good steak is a good steak, regardless of where the restaurant is. I've eaten in really fancy places that didn't have food as good as a Big Mac.

OK now, let me get this straight, Rodneys and The Steakhouse in Rockmart are being compared to Chops, Bones, Mortons of Chicago, etc? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Too much!

• Like 1

Too much!

Yes, they are being compared. I have eaten at all of them several times and my opinion is that the steaks at The Steak House just simply taste better.

Oh well......I thought the OP was asking for opinions and I innocently gave mine. Guess it has become the norm around this place to get laughed at because you have an "educated" opinion. Oh well or hell or whatever........ :drinks:

Edited by Beach Bum
  • Like 1