Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
911 Storm Shelters

Any video of Paulding Tornado?

I am looking for some video footage of last weeks tornado. As of yesterday it was classified as an F3 tornado. I would love to know if anyone caught it on tape. I tried, but was only able to get the ( "hail cloud"). It was a huge green ball when the lightning struck but no funnel cloud.

I am looking for some video footage of last weeks tornado. As of yesterday it was classified as an F3 tornado.

I had heard about it being classified as a F3, that's not surprising, I wish I had recorded the sound of it at least, we could hear it to the west of us down 278 and we heard it moving.

But there was little lightening during that event from my recollections so you'll be hard pressed to find anyone with video of it, but I'd love to see it if it's avail.

I did find on youtube a video of the storm damage @ airport and subdivision on 278:

The paulding neighbor has a pretty good bit of photos

We stood on our back deck looking North towards Dallas (which is probably only 3 miles the way the crow flies) and we could see the white cloud and when the lightening would strike we could see the funnel to the ground! (we're up on higher ground....I can see the lights to the airport from my front porch in the winter)

It was spooky and it gave me chills and I was praying........and I too am amazed no one was hurt!!

We too could see it from my front porch across the pasture. It was a large wedge cloud until it got behind us over toward Southern Trace. The funnel was dancing a lot. And the lightening was orange. Jimmy stood on the back porch and watched the transformers blow. It was so crazy. I know how lucky we were here. Our neighbors in Yorkville weren't so fortunate.

We too could see it from my front porch across the pasture. It was a large wedge cloud until it got behind us over toward Southern Trace. The funnel was dancing a lot. And the lightening was orange. Jimmy stood on the back porch and watched the transformers blow. It was so crazy. I know how lucky we were here. Our neighbors in Yorkville weren't so fortunate.

They don't call him Starscream for nothing, you know. :pardon:

I bet it was crazy; sparks flying.

Edited by smitty

If anyone comes across a video please let me know. I live in Southern Trace right where it hit and I am curious as to what it looked like. The house across from me is the one that was on WSB a lot where the entire top half was blown away. Our house was actually not damaged but ones all around us were.