Paulding.com

souther trace subdivision

Anyone know of any damage on thorn thicket dr. ? we left before the storm and are not sure what we may go home to or if we can get home

I just left the area. It is pretty bad. You cannot get in because of downed trees. Praying for you and everyone affected tonight.

I heard that there was damage by Thorn Thicket we live in Southern Trace and went out for a few during the down time of the storms lots of debris. The Tornado passed over our house we heard the roaring and headed to the bathroom. I tell you I haven't had a headache as bad as when that happened felt like my head was going to explode. Pray for all the families in Paulding that wasn't as lucky.

I heard that there was damage by Thorn Thicket we live in Southern Trace and went out for a few during the down time of the storms lots of debris. The Tornado passed over our house we heard the roaring and headed to the bathroom. I tell you I haven't had a headache as bad as when that happened felt like my head was going to explode. Pray for all the families in Paulding that wasn't as lucky.

There were atleast three hit on Thorn Thicket. My friend is missing her roof and two rooms are caved in, then her neighbors on each side were hit (both were on the news - if you watch Fox 5, they point out that her power box is in his yard). I've heard that there are two others on another street, but I don't know where or if it's true.

I saw (and posted, if you're on my FB) pictures from the inside tonight, and it's surreal seeing a living room/kitchen without a roof. sad.gif And the only thing I recognized from on the inside were a fridge, bookcase, overturned couch and a television..the rest is just in shambles.

We are in Sunset Mountain. The last thing I heard before the power went out was Glen Burns telling Sunset mountain and Southern trace to take cover. I scooped up my little one and ran into an interior bathroom until the loud roar stopped. Thank the Lord, we have no damage here. Sadly, I can't say the same for the rest of my neighbors.

Thank God there were no deaths-this was so close. i hope you are all OK. Call us if you need us. I checked on a couple I met yesterday (chasing their loose chicken!) They live on Water Tower rd-said it skipped over their house and landed at the bottom of the road and damaged some houses there-then skipped over the cemetary and hit Confederate!!

We are in Sunset Mountain. The last thing I heard before the power went out was Glen Burns telling Sunset mountain and Southern trace to take cover. I scooped up my little one and ran into an interior bathroom until the loud roar stopped. Thank the Lord, we have no damage here. Sadly, I can't say the same for the rest of my neighbors.

You sound like what happened here. We heard Southern Trace Xing the the roaring and hauled butt to the bathroom. LGM I went out and about this morning and saw the damage and my heart breaks for them. If they need anything can you please let me know I can help clean up or whatever.

We've got the salvagable remains of one of the houses from southern trace inside our garage. Three truckloads of clothes, shoes, pictures, and baby items in rubber maid totes and trash bags. Everything is soaked and we are still shaking insulation out of the clothes.

And to all of those who rode by and took pictures? Eff you!!!! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Like 11

We've got the salvagable remains of one of the houses from southern trace inside our garage. Three truckloads of clothes, shoes, pictures, and baby items in rubber maid totes and trash bags. Everything is soaked and we are still shaking insulation out of the clothes.

And to all of those who rode by and took pictures? Eff you!!!! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Well I can definetly understand everyones feelings of being a target of media and curiosity, I just wonder how many of you stay glued to the business of others e.g. Lindsay Lohan, Whitney Houston, and all of the other ""stars" whom are hounded by the public. Now the spotlight is on someone elses tragedy and people are feeling like sideshow acts at the carnival.

• Like 3

Well I can definetly understand everyones feelings of being a target of media and curiosity, I just wonder how many of you stay glued to the business of others e.g. Lindsay Lohan, Whitney Houston, and all of the other ""stars" whom are hounded by the public. Now the spotlight is on someone elses tragedy and people are feeling like sideshow acts at the carnival.

Natural disasters, unlike drug addictions, shoplifting, bed hopping, suicide, DUI charges, and general jackassery, isn't something that one brings on themself.

Media interviews were granted, and conducted respectfully, the family has no issues with the way they and their home were represented on the news.

The Effing lookie-loos, clogging up streets, trespassing, and offering zero help and or sympathy are the ones is like to see on the express train to hell.

Need a ticket, dick?

• Like 2

Natural disasters, unlike drug addictions, shoplifting, bed hopping, suicide, DUI charges, and general jackassery, isn't something that one brings on themself.

Media interviews were granted, and conducted respectfully, the family has no issues with the way they and their home were represented on the news.

The Effing lookie-loos, clogging up streets, trespassing, and offering zero help and or sympathy are the ones is like to see on the express train to hell.

Need a ticket, dick?

Fer reals. Driving up the road at snails pace, hanging out the windows taking pictures? Not cool.

Walking onto someone's property and inside of their homes to survey the damage? Un.trucking.real.

Folks are lucky the people in attendance were too tired (ya know...from surviving a tornado or actually helping the family) to get feisty.

• Like 1

You missed the feistiness, LGM. And also the um, pants tragedy. Thank god the news caught that bit!!!

Also, for the peolpe who brought water, sandwiches, hugs, prayers, donations...I'm not sure if we thanked you properly. We were all a bit overwhelmed and shell shocked yesterday.

For those that tried to make a buck, or cart off "free shiit" eff you too.

• Like 1

You missed the feistiness, LGM. And also the um, pants tragedy. Thank god the news caught that bit!!!

Also, for the peolpe who brought water, sandwiches, hugs, prayers, donations...I'm not sure if we thanked you properly. We were all a bit overwhelmed and shell shocked yesterday.

NC you are my girl you have a way with words!!!!!!!!!!! Thank YOU for keeping it real if you cant help pray if you cant pray stay out of the way of those helping!

Well nc-17 Must have pissed you off. The truth hurts. And no doubt you are the same person that makes me late to work by driving by an accident on the opoposite side of the road trying to get a glimpse of an uninvited tragedy. Or maybe yoiu were the dipwad who continued trying to get home while I was the only civilian working a vehicular homicide in austell a couple of myears ago and getting zero help from the onlookkers. So I might be a dumbdick but I dang sure don't care if you are pissed off because the truth hurts.

• Like 1

And just to satisfy everyones curiosity I am the dumbdick that had the chainsaw on woodwind drive cutting that tree out of the way so that family and emergency personel could get through to help out.

• Like 3

Well nc-17 Must have pissed you off. The truth hurts. And no doubt you are the same person that makes me late to work by driving by an accident on the opoposite side of the road trying to get a glimpse of an uninvited tragedy. Or maybe yoiu were the dipwad who continued trying to get home while I was the only civilian working a vehicular homicide in austell a couple of myears ago and getting zero help from the onlookkers. So I might be a dumbdick but I dang sure don't care if you are pissed off because the truth hurts.

I can tell you first hand that NC-17 is the first to stop to see if anyone needs help in any situation.

She doesn't even know the people she was helping yesterday - never met them before, and didn't meet her until she was up to her elbows in their wet, insulation covered personal belongings.

And now those personal belongings, of the people she'd never met, are in her basement, after she and her family loaded them up and drove across the county back to her home to sift through, clean, and store them.

Folks can't post a facebook status about the sniffles or a death in the family without this woman offering soup, rides, help cleaning, cooking, or whatever other services she can offer.

Far, far from a dipwad who watches other people's tragedies from afar.

So yeah. truck you.

• Like 3

I have no clue why you choose to make this situation personal. Being pissed off at folks trying to get pictures of the inside of what was left of the house in no way makes me someone who gets off on celebrity news, or side of the road accidents.

You seriously need to check yourself.

Truth has never 'hurt' me. Period.

Also, thank you for running the chainsaw that allowed access. A very helpful and selfless thing to do.

That'd as close as I'll get to a personal statement about you.

I've never been through austell. o.O

NC and LGM do you know of anything that we can do to help them?

I totally skipped over this question. As of right now, I think they're okay - stressed, but okay. They have a hotel for a couple of weeks until things start falling into place with insurance companies and whatnot. Little bit now has plenty of clean clothes, and I think the parents now have plenty of clean clothes as well.

I'll see what they're doing in the way of food - I would imagine fast food, as the hotel doesn't have a kitchen?

I totally skipped over this question. As of right now, I think they're okay - stressed, but okay. They have a hotel for a couple of weeks until things start falling into place with insurance companies and whatnot. Little bit now has plenty of clean clothes, and I think the parents now have plenty of clean clothes as well.

I'll see what they're doing in the way of food - I would imagine fast food, as the hotel doesn't have a kitchen?

Okay if you hear of anything let me know. I have some clothes for younger kids that I can donate. (4-5-6's I believe)

I can totally cook for them. Casseroles and lots of one dish dishes. Easy breezy!! Give me a holler and I am all over it.

Didn't know you were hit until I just saw this, so adding you to my prayers.

I've got a load of food coming out tomorrow. I have to very close friends in that neighborhood and they told me what was needed.

I hope you guys get through all this, we're praying for you and we're here for you WHATEVER you need.

Didn't know you were hit until I just saw this, so adding you to my prayers.

I've got a load of food coming out tomorrow. I have to very close friends in that neighborhood and they told me what was needed.

I hope you guys get through all this, we're praying for you and we're here for you WHATEVER you need.

No, sweetie...my house is fine, thank god.

There was a mutaul effort made by LGM, myself, various and assorted exes, grown children and half grown step children, to recover whatever we could from the house of some dear friends.

Well, dear to me now. As LGM mentioned, I knew everyone in the circle, but only got to meet the homeowners yesterday.

I'm just fortunate to have enough space that the belongings could be brought to my house to be separated and cleaned. (And everyone already knew the way to my house, lol)

Needs right now are still being assessed. Clothing, shoes, and diapers are pretty much covered. Pants for the Mr. May be needed. Size is 42x32. However, insurance and red cross may cover that expense.

Restaurant and gas gift cards might be nice, if you feel like you just have to do something...

I could use a hand or two ay my house tomorrow to finish up going through the non clothing items. They'll need to be cleaned or wiped off and separated to dry.

If anyone is serious about helping during the day tomorrow, plead pm me or LGM. We will be coordinating efforts.

Today we are just focusing on laundering the rest of the clothes and getting them back to the family.

Anyone know of any damage on thorn thicket dr. ? we left before the storm and are not sure what we may go home to or if we can get home

Was your home OK? I know a lot of damage was in that area. Just hoping your home escaped the worst of it.

thinking of everyone who has damage you are in my thoughts and prayers. to the people who have to go and gawk and take pictures you should be ashamed of yourselves. these people lost everything. how can you sleep at night.

There was a mutaul effort made by LGM, myself, various and assorted exes, grown children and half grown step children, to recover whatever we could from the house of some dear friends.

Well, dear to me now. As LGM mentioned, I knew everyone in the circle, but only got to meet the homeowners yesterday.

I'm just fortunate to have enough space that the belongings could be brought to my house to be separated and cleaned. (And everyone already knew the way to my house, lol)

Needs right now are still being assessed. Clothing, shoes, and diapers are pretty much covered. Pants for the Mr. May be needed. Size is 42x32. However, insurance and red cross may cover that expense.

Restaurant and gas gift cards might be nice, if you feel like you just have to do something...

I could use a hand or two ay my house tomorrow to finish up going through the non clothing items. They'll need to be cleaned or wiped off and separated to dry.

If anyone is serious about helping during the day tomorrow, plead pm me or LGM. We will be coordinating efforts.

Today we are just focusing on laundering the rest of the clothes and getting them back to the family.

Bless your heart!! So glad your house is okay. I've heard personal stories of those who didn't fare so well. How nice of you to help them out! Some of the people around here are just inspiring.

The next "free" time I'll have will be Wednesday. I'm assuming you'll be finished, but I'm heading out to my friend's to help her family and neighbors so if you still need help, pm me and let me know.

Ex's of ex's, even! We had an odd bunch there yesterday. wacko.gif laugh.gif

Text me tomorrow - I don't know how much help I'd be with Mini'er me hanging out and I *think* the other half is going, at some point, to help with a close friend of his that got hit. sad.gif We found out today and they've called him for man-type help.

I'll see if I can round up a sitter/car and/or more hands.

Ex's of ex's, even! We had an odd bunch there yesterday. wacko.gif laugh.gif

Text me tomorrow - I don't know how much help I'd be with Mini'er me hanging out and I *think* the other half is going, at some point, to help with a close friend of his that got hit. sad.gif We found out today and they've called him for man-type help.

I'll see if I can round up a sitter/car and/or more hands.

E will be home for most of the day tomorrow, and S is threatening to show up. I doubt I'll let him go up and down the stairs though. he's gonna find himself drugged and in the recliner again, with ice this time. I will not be responsible for the further damaging of any baby daddies!

E will be home for most of the day tomorrow, and S is threatening to show up. I doubt I'll let him go up and down the stairs though. he's gonna find himself drugged and in the recliner again, with ice this time. I will not be responsible for the further damaging of any baby daddies!

Aw, damn. glare.gif

I have one in need of injuring. ninja.gif

Anyway - if he shows up, make him fold undies. Don't let that man anywhere near stairs.

So.damn.stubborn. rolleyes.gif

Aw, damn. glare.gif

I have one in need of injuring. ninja.gif

Anyway - if he shows up, make him fold undies. Don't let that man anywhere near stairs.

So.damn.stubborn. rolleyes.gif

he's been and gone today. no heavy lifting. I've banished him from coming back to this side of the county until tomorrow.

I've got laundry going again. and still need to tackle the shoes and the random things. but the important stuff has been taken to the homeowners.