Paulding.com

Business closing

We can only hope. :rofl: That would cut my drive to Florida in half since we wouldn't be stopping in Auburn at the adult toy store. :pardon:

It was my favorite stor!

Next thing you know they will replace it with an adult book store.

I missed them so much I didn't know there was still a Fred's in Dallas!

I am going to miss them..... eventually :rofl:

What is wrong with us?

I cannot help but wonder how we have gotten to this point in our society. In looking at the above posts I cannot help but wonder when we became so desensitized to the current happenings. I don't know Freds, but I do know that a business does not make a decision to close in a vacuum...

This one closing means employees are losing their jobs, property companies are losing their revenue stream, suppliers are losing a customer, customers are losing a choice, the state loses a tax source, the owner is losing his labor of love, his time, his life savings, and maybe even his homes and cars....I'm sure they have tried and held to their dream only to see it smashed.

But just like when the Ace Hardware closed someone criticized them for being a few dollars higher for a tape measure...

I'm sure I will be remembered as the guy that charged a dollar extra for stamps...(as you huff away telling me you'll just go to the post office)

Glenn

• Like 1

This one closing means employees are losing their jobs, property companies are losing their revenue stream, suppliers are losing a customer, customers are losing a choice, the state loses a tax source, the owner is losing his labor of love, his time, his life savings, and maybe even his homes and cars....I'm sure they have tried and held to their dream only to see it smashed.

Truly, I am so sorry. :( (PS - I believe the OP's post about Fred's was a joke.)

What is wrong with us?

I cannot help but wonder how we have gotten to this point in our society. In looking at the above posts I cannot help but wonder when we became so desensitized to the current happenings. I don't know Freds, but I do know that a business does not make a decision to close in a vacuum...

But just like when the Ace Hardware closed someone criticized them for being a few dollars higher for a tape measure...

I'm sure I will be remembered as the guy that charged a dollar extra for stamps...(as you huff away telling me you'll just go to the post office)

Glenn

Amen Glenn!

Glenn, I'm sorry.

The folks out in this neck of the woods are very, very hesitant to cut lose of their dollars.

I wish you the best in any future endeavors. :)

Most folks are hesitant to spend any money anywhere because they do not have it. They are working as many jobs as they can to fill thier tanks up and keep food on the table and to pay taxes. That has been what we have done for many years now. It is sad that that another business is closing and they want to say the economy is doing better.Shaking my head!

• Like 1

What is wrong with us?

Glenn

Glenn it is a very old p.com joke, the Fred's closed over 2 years ago, when it was announced about 3/4s of the people responded that they were not aware that there was a Fred's store in Paulding.

They were set back off off business 6 and hard to see.

It may have been a failure to market well in the area or to impress customers enough to tell others that they were there.

This has been a running joke for that long.

Everyone is sad to see you go, we have heard nothing but goes things about your services for years.

You are right about what people do not see when a business closes, they don't see the loans and mortgaged homes that people took to try and stay open during the recession. They don't know about the county ordinances that prevent signage leaving a small business with a 2-3000 monthly advertising bill to get their name out there.

Many are clueless about the huge impact fees paid before the door is open and the multiple upgrades required by many to get the business to pass codes.

I wish you luck in the future.

• Like 1

Glenn it is a very old p.com joke, the Fred's closed over 2 years ago, when it was announced about 3/4s of the people responded that they were not aware that there was a Fred's store in Paulding.

They were set back off off business 6 and hard to see.

It may have been a failure to market well in the area or to impress customers enough to tell others that they were there.

This has been a running joke for that long.

Everyone is sad to see you go, we have heard nothing but goes things about your services for years.

You are right about what people do not see when a business closes, they don't see the loans and mortgaged homes that people took to try and stay open during the recession. They don't know about the county ordinances that prevent signage leaving a small business with a 2-3000 monthly advertising bill to get their name out there.

Many are clueless about the huge impact fees paid before the door is open and the multiple upgrades required by many to get the business to pass codes.

I wish you luck in the future.

It's funny that you should mention that because I was in CVS in Dallas yesterday and one of the women working in tne new Minute Clinic was concerned because the corporate Minute Clinic people and CVS people were coming for a visit to try and figure out why they weren't more busy than they were. She said, 'If the city of Dallas would allow us to put a sign out, I think we'd be OK, but no one knows we're here'. I know I didn't know until yesterday. It seems a little short sighted of a city to prevent a business from advertising with a sign to get their name out there and continue to bring in very badly needed revenue. What are they thinking. They will issue a business license, but you can't put up a sigh? I'm confused.

It's funny that you should mention that because I was in CVS in Dallas yesterday and one of the women working in tne new Minute Clinic was concerned because the corporate Minute Clinic people and CVS people were coming for a visit to try and figure out why they weren't more busy than they were. She said, 'If the city of Dallas would allow us to put a sign out, I think we'd be OK, but no one knows we're here'. I know I didn't know until yesterday. It seems a little short sighted of a city to prevent a business from advertising with a sign to get their name out there and continue to bring in very badly needed revenue. What are they thinking. They will issue a business license, but you can't put up a sigh? I'm confused.

I refuse to go in that store - too many bad experiences.

CVS is across from the Briar Patch.

And Glenn, I am sorry for your hard times in business, that is just how Paulding is.

I owned a few thrift stores in town and would sometimes have an "Everything is .50 cent sale. It never failed that a handful of people would ask if they could have something for a quarter."

That is just how it is, everybody needs to save where possible.

Nope - the post office says it's in Dallas - 30157.

According to the CVS web site, it's Dallas too.

Store # 5622 495 CHARLES HARDY PKWY,

DALLAS, GA 30157

Phone: 770-445-2128

I didn't know there was a minute clinic or a CVS in Dallas? Are you sure you wasn't at Walgreens? DO they have minute clinic?

No, I was IN CVS getting an RX filled, it's right by the pharmacy, in Dallas.

Okay. That is Hiram.

Nope, CVS is listed as Dallas. Maybe it's because it's on the other side of the street. What city is Martins listed as?

Okay. That is Hiram.

Nope, CVS is listed as Dallas. Maybe it's because it's on the other side of the street. Martins is also listed as Hiram, I guess Business 6 may be the line.

Edited by momof 3

According to the CVS web site, it's Dallas too.

Store # 5622 495 CHARLES HARDY PKWY,

DALLAS, GA 30157

Phone: 770-445-2128

No, I was IN CVS getting an RX filled, it's right by the pharmacy, in Dallas.

Nope, CVS is listed as Dallas. Maybe it's because it's on the other side of the street. What city is Martins listed as?

Nope, CVS is listed as Dallas. Maybe it's because it's on the other side of the street. Martins is also listed as Hiram, I guess Business 6 may be the line.

The address is a Dallas address as assigned by the Post Office. That doesn't mean it might not be physically in the city of Hiram.

The address is a Dallas address as assigned by the Post Office. That doesn't mean it might not be physically in the city of Hiram.

But it's not:

post-768-0-03630100-1328721870_thumb.jpg

Mailing addresses have nothing to do with the location of the business. Actually the CVS being talked about is in the unincorporated part of the county.

True, but if the P.O. says it's 'in' Dallas, that's good enough for me. :D

BTW, this is a great link for determining city limits:

http://southwindstechnologies.com/maps/paulding/

The only thing the city in a mailing address shows is what Post Office services the location. 90% of the addresses in this county are in the unincorporated area even though each lists a Dallas, Hiram, Powder Springs, Douglasville, Rockmart, Temple, or Acworth location. Most of those addresses are not near those cities and in many cases they are not even in the same county.

So the CVS, West Metro Meats and Brown Foods don't know where they are located, Dallas or Hiram? I don't believe that, if the address says 'Dallas' how can it not be?

Well, my address off Ridge Rd was Dougtown, but I lived in Paulding County.

1 mile (as the crow flies) away at my previous address it was Dallas, but I lived in New Georgia.

:wacko:

So the CVS, West Metro Meats and Brown Foods don't know where they are located, Dallas or Hiram? I don't believe that, if the address says 'Dallas' how can it not be?

Heck if I know D, when I search West Metro it shows a Hiram address :unsure:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&tok=g5-cqR-HMZ9NGfudHx8R5g&cp=17&gs_id=5&xhr=t&q=west+metro+meats+com&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&site=webhp&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=west+metro+meats+&aq=0j&aqi=g-j1g-bq1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=79cdb5fd076eae4b&biw=1366&bih=631&ion=1

One day I was over at the CVS across from the Briar Patch and a man left his very small kid in the car and no one could find him, they (the store employees) called the Hiram PD and they came out, so in some way it has to be Hiram whether the address says it or not... :pardon:

Edited by All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah