Paulding.com

To all of you Riverwood folks

http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/17370908/article-Marietta-attorneys-help-win--75-4M-judgment?instance=home_news_bullets

Basically, Pearson sued Delta Community Credit Union because they stopped him from using a line of credit and caused him a deal down in PCB. Of course, he has Roy Barnes on his side. I do agree with the Barnes/Flourney issue. I think that Judge Flourney should step out of anything like that - especially that big of a case. I have always liked Judge Flourney and his brother Matt (also an attorney in Marietta), but I certainly don't agree with all of this.

I hope you guys get what you want out of your lawsuit, but with him winning a case like this---it will be nothing to him.

the judge assigned to our case made a summary judgment in favor of Pearson three Weeks ago. No trial, no mediation, no day in court. 120k in legal fees on our side. The dues stand at 1500 with thousands of dollars in liens against our homes. We have taken this to appeal, but with Barnes on your side there is no winning this now.

And all this time, he and his wife are chilling in their 1+ million dollar home in FL. I actually saw the home as it was being built and it was tacky as crap. Have seen pics of the inside and it is evan tackier. What's the old saying--money can't buy you class???

And the funny thing is that they have this huge mansion over looking the gulf, with a beautiful pool and they don't even like the sun!!! Neither one of them go out in it and she preaches to you about being in the sun--go figure. it is all a status thing to them.

the judge assigned to our case made a summary judgment in favor of Pearson three Weeks ago. No trial, no mediation, no day in court. 120k in legal fees on our side. The dues stand at 1500 with thousands of dollars in liens against our homes. We have taken this to appeal, but with Barnes on your side there is no winning this now.

Wow $1500 dues?!?!? Where is the fainting smiley.... :blink:

Holy crap. I think it means it ain't good for Riverwood folks. Man, I hate that.

And all this time, he and his wife are chilling in their 1+ million dollar home in FL. I actually saw the home as it was being built and it was tacky as crap. Have seen pics of the inside and it is evan tackier. What's the old saying--money can't buy you class???

I swear, some (most?) of these new-money types are so utterly tacky and garish. I mean, honestly...you'd think a PIG would have better taste than some of these folks!

• Like 1

HOLY CRAP (I say again)...I just read the article...a $75.4 MILLION judgment in favor of Pearson? Ye gods!!! The credit union is appealing, so this isn't finished yet.

The summary judgment against the Riverwood folks is truly appalling. Man. So not good.

Just think, when I don't pay my dues to his corrupt organization this year either I'll be looking at 10,000 in liens....I owe 300k, and its worth about 100k. Realtors won't show or list in the hood....we are all pretty much ruined.

Just think, when I don't pay my dues to his corrupt organization this year either I'll be looking at 10,000 in liens....I owe 300k, and its worth about 100k. Realtors won't show or list in the hood....we are all pretty much ruined.

I am sorry. That is just not fair!! How can someone be like this.

I don't know whether to cry or throw up. I imagine you don't, either. x 1,000,000...

There are some threads from the past on it. Just search Pearson and I think you will find them.

I did. I saw where the home owners were talking about Pearson using HOA fees for things not related to the subdivision. My question is, was this specifically addressed in the contract?

And is this the only issue?

I did. I saw where the home owners were talking about Pearson using HOA fees for things not related to the subdivision. My question is, was this specifically addressed in the contract?

And is this the only issue?

I've gotten the idea over time that that wasn't the only issue, but I don't live there. So maybe the UPS dude in New Hope will chime back in with some new information.

We filed the case over a series of allegations that covered a wide range of complaints. Put simply he uses the hoa like his personal piggy back. He is the sole voting member of the hoa and elected himself as the property manager. He increased his fees from 8k per year to well over100k. Our pool is not usable. The playground was only made safe as result of the suit. There has not been any landscaping for years. The water to the common areas has been cut off. the power to the street light has been cut due to non payment of the hoa power bill. He used our hoa money to pay his attorneys in his legal case challenging the taxes on his personal lots not owned. for all this we have to pay him 1500 per year. despite our evidence, the case was decided in his favor to our stunned amazement. No trial, no jury.