Paulding.com

If a little girl is very, VERY lucky, the first man in her life who loves her unreservedly, thinks she's smart enough to be anything she wants to be, and *knows* no other man is good enough for her, is her daddy.

A few hours ago, I said my final goodbye to him at the funeral home. Through the heartbreak, I feel profoundly blessed to have had him for fifty-plus years and know that there was never a moment when I wasn't one of the dearest things in his life. I wish all little girls could be as lucky as I was - and am.

• Like 3

I feel profoundly blessed to have had him for fifty-plus years and know that there was never a moment when I wasn't one of the dearest things in his life.

I was where you are a little over four years ago. I pray God's comfort for you and your family. You are right - my relationship with Daddy is one of the greatest treasures I could ever have received on this earth.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost my Mother almost a year ago....and while I grieve a little everyday, I am profoundly joyful at having such a wonderful woman as my Mom. This past year has changed me greatly, my gratitude for her love is immeasurable.

It sounds like your Dad was an awesome man and an even more awesome father. His love will never leave you.

If a little girl is very, VERY lucky, the first man in her life who loves her unreservedly, thinks she's smart enough to be anything she wants to be, and *knows* no other man is good enough for her, is her daddy.

A few hours ago, I said my final goodbye to him at the funeral home. Through the heartbreak, I feel profoundly blessed to have had him for fifty-plus years and know that there was never a moment when I wasn't one of the dearest things in his life. I wish all little girls could be as lucky as I was - and am.

This indeed makes you one very lucky lady to have had a Daddy such as this.

I am so, SO very sorry for your loss.

(((hugs)))

What a beautiful testimony to your dad. My biological father was killed in a car accident when I was just 4. I was lucky to be blessed with another "dad" to raise me, but I will forever be sad that I didn't have that father/daughter relationship that you had with your dad. I am sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry Riograce. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss-I lost my daddy when I was 10, and wish every day that i had know him better and that he had the chance to see me grow up. You were blessed to have had him in your life.

I lost mine 41 years ago, wow, time goes by so fast, I was my Daddy's girl and I always say wow, he would have loved my kids,

then he would have loved my grandkids, and I still remember good times with him.... things he taught me to do, things we did together,,,, cherish the memories, he will be forever in your heart, my Dad and Mom both are.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. As LPPT said, the world does feel a little colder with him gone. The last several days have just made me more conscious of the family I have left and the friends who care and the acquaintances who are good enough to sympathize with my loss - and say so. I'm grateful for all of you. :wub: