Paulding.com

DO NOT drive to Douglasville!

Tonight we had dinner at Cajun's Cookin in Hiram.

OMFreakin'G!!!!

It was AWESOME!!

We had gator bites for an appetizer. I had the crawfish etoufee', Papi had the jambalaya, and the boy child had the fried shrimp platter, and we had the beignets for dessert!

It was all served piping hot, service was GREAT and fast and the owner was walking around asking everyone how their dinner was.

I ain't kidding y'all when I tell you, it's some of the BEST food I've ever had!

I even got a Muffaleta to go so I could have it for lunch this week. I cut off a little piece to try it, and it too is AWESOME!!!

AND AND AND the have the Gator-tators (dill pickle chips) to go with the Muffaletta!

If you have not been yet, you MUST go! We really one see this local Mom and Pop restaurant do well!

We WILL be going back!

Here's the website: cajunscookin.com/

They are behind the Advance Auto Parts in Hiram.

Edited by PUBBY
please no live links for non commerce members.
  • Like 1

I think its where Fatbacks used to be, behind Las Palmas near the Sparkles. They used to be next to the old Courthouse in Dallas in the old bus station place, but I don't think they were getting much business. I've only had the shrimp po boy, but it was good. Heard they had good beignets.

Behind the Advance Auto parts in Hiram in the Millpoint Pavillion shopping center. On the right before you get to Walmart. (if coming from Dallas)

I think its where Fatbacks used to be, behind Las Palmas near the Sparkles. They used to be next to the old Courthouse in Dallas in the old bus station place, but I don't think they were getting much business. I've only had the shrimp po boy, but it was good. Heard they had good beignets.

It was AWESOME,

We really want to see them do well!

( and I do not know the owner other than meeting him this evening.)

I finished off my the last 2 fried shrimp my 19 yr old son didn't eat. They were some of the best fried shrimp I've had in a long time.

Excellent! It's in a good spot to meet my best buds for a meal. One of them just loves, loves LOVES shrimp!

They have pretty good food. My wife and I have eat there a good bit when they were over next to the courthouse, and the new place is so much bigger. Its family run and the owners are very friendly. Prices are reasonable for cajun food as well.

I am going to have to give this place a try. Unfortunately my wife cannot tolerate any spicy heat to her food. So i will have to try this place out when she isn't home or when i am out with friends.

I am going to have to give this place a try. Unfortunately my wife cannot tolerate any spicy heat to her food. So i will have to try this place out when she isn't home or when i am out with friends.

I didn't think the etoufee was too spicy at all.

Matter of fact, I add extra hot sauce to it.

They have many items to choose from, including some fish dishes that your wife might like!

We've gotten their shrimp po'boys in the past and thought they were really good. Really loaded with shrimp for the price. Had a few other items off of their menu & all has been good.

Unfortunately, their new location makes it hard for us to ever get their food again. We'll try to get there once in a while, as we can.

We wish them best wishes in the new location.

Do they offer anything that is not spicy? I am not a fan of spicy food, although my guys will LOVE it.

I liked that place in D'Ville so much better when it was in the smaller building. The quality has definately suffered since the move. IDK if they got a new chef or if it's tough to keep up with the higher demand....

Of course, as a NOLA native, I'm a little picky.

**edited because my post referred to the place in the topic and I forgot to differentiate. I'll do better next time.

Edited by workingforaliving

Any chicken?

I am so excited to hear they have moved. It is much more convenient for me now. Does anyone know their hours?

Do they offer anything that is not spicy? I am not a fan of spicy food, although my guys will LOVE it.

Here's their site cajuncooks.com

Tonight we had dinner at Cajun's Cookin in Hiram.

OMFreakin'G!!!!

It was AWESOME!!

We had gator bites for an appetizer. I had the crawfish etoufee', Papi had the jambalaya, and the boy child had the fried shrimp platter, and we had the beignets for dessert!

It was all served piping hot, service was GREAT and fast and the owner was walking around asking everyone how their dinner was.

I ain't kidding y'all when I tell you, it's some of the BEST food I've ever had!

I even got a Muffaleta to go so I could have it for lunch this week. I cut off a little piece to try it, and it too is AWESOME!!!

AND AND AND the have the Gator-tators (dill pickle chips) to go with the Muffaletta!

If you have not been yet, you MUST go! We really one see this local Mom and Pop restaurant do well!

We WILL be going back!

Here's the website: cajunscookin.com/

They are behind the Advance Auto Parts in Hiram.

I think we were there the same time you were.

We were in a corner booth.

Love Cajun's cooking. I really want to try the Muffaletta.