Paulding.com

Great cupcakes from ridge road bakery

I agree about supporting local businesses - our favorite is Bumble Bee Bakery on Hwy. 92 in Hiram. They have completely *awesome* chicken salad croissants, and my husband is a big fan of Buddy's Bad Dogs. And of course, you can't have lunch without something sweet for afters, so we always end up with some tasty treats for dessert, too. Love their cupcakes, thumbprint cookies and cream cheese brownies, and their petit fours taste just like Rich's' used to - yum!

I have heard fantabulous things about both bakeries. Hopefully, the customer service problem at BB was just someone having a rough day. I live on Nebo Road and MANY times have wanted to stop but being Diabetic I am afraid I will not be able to refrain from a sugar coma. :)

I have heard fantabulous things about both bakeries. Hopefully, the customer service problem at BB was just someone having a rough day. I live on Nebo Road and MANY times have wanted to stop but being Diabetic I am afraid I will not be able to refrain from a sugar coma. :)

Bumble Bee has sugar-free cupcakes. I've gotten them for my husband several times and tasted them myself, and they're very good.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been a customer of BB's since they opened and have been satisfied with both their food AND customer service every time. Most of the folks there now know me, but I was treated well when I was just another face. I want to mention that since they have moved to their new location on Hwy. 92, they have added several folks to their staff, so if you haven't tried them lately, you might want to try them again.

I have been to Flour Child once. I was the only customer there at the time, so obviously I had their full attention. ;) I got several different things, both savory and sweet. Most of it was all right; one item was definitely *not* to my taste and I didn't finish it.

Bottom line: since both places keep virtually the same hours, Bumble Bee will be my bakery of choice.

Thanks to those of you for the kind words and amazing support! We had our best week yet last week and know it is because people like you are spreading the word and coming in yourselves. We feel there is enough people in the area to support all of the bakeries in the county. We know Bumblebee has some good things, because we helped develop the menu for them when we opened Bumblebee and I believe they are still using a lot of those same recipes and techniques. Because of that, "some things" are the same in their bakery and ours. Also, some things are very different. We worked really hard helping them build their business for almost 2 years and wish them continued success.

Rio-what was it that was "not to your taste?" I would like to know so if something is wrong so we can fix it.

Personally, I like the bakery in downtown Dallas over the other two.

I've been there once. What I got was good, but I live in Hiram and they're waaay out my way to visit regularly.

... Rio-what was it that was "not to your taste?" I would like to know so if something is wrong so we can fix it.

I'll send you a PM with specifics. I worded it that way to make it clear that while *I* didn't care for the item, others might like it. There's no way to suit everyone, especially where food is concerned. ;)

I've been there once. What I got was good, but I live in Hiram and they're waaay out my way to visit regularly.

I'll send you a PM with specifics. I worded it that way to make it clear that while *I* didn't care for the item, others might like it. There's no way to suit everyone, especially where food is concerned. ;)

Thank you for letting me know. At least I know it was not anything wrong, just not something you liked. :o)

Thank you for letting me know. At least I know it was not anything wrong, just not something you liked. :o)

Whilst this isn't a competition between 2 bakeries in the area, I must say that I've been to both the Bumblebee and the Flour Child....and the customer service at the Bumblebee leaves an awful lot to be desired. Maybe they were just having an "off day".

I think that both bakeries have some very very yummy goodies....but the standard of decoration of the cakes at the Flour Child Bakery are some of the best I've seen not just in the county, but anywhere in the surrounding areas, and they taste soooo good too. I guess everyone has their favorite and that just happens to be mine. I wish both bakeries every success in their hopefully long futures.

• Like 2

Personally, I like the bakery in downtown Dallas over the other two.

I had some of their Red Velvet Cake at the Helping Hands Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and OMG, it was soooo gooood. I have not tasted one that good, in quite a long time.

Whilst this isn't a competition between 2 bakeries in the area, I must say that I've been to both the Bumblebee and the Flour Child....and the customer service at the Bumblebee leaves an awful lot to be desired. Maybe they were just having an "off day".

I think that both bakeries have some very very yummy goodies....but the standard of decoration of the cakes at the Flour Child Bakery are some of the best I've seen not just in the county, but anywhere in the surrounding areas, and they taste soooo good too. I guess everyone has their favorite and that just happens to be mine. I wish both bakeries every success in their hopefully long futures.

BB had a few young uns in there with some stank attitudes.