Paulding.com

urgent care

Where is a good after hours care center? Son probably broke finger. Has anyone ever used the one in new hope? Is there another good one someone could recommend, we are in northern paulding, so Acworth area would also be good.

There's one on the corner of Mars Hill and 41 that I have used. I do not like urgent care places and this one was no exception. But I received the care I needed which was good enough for me at the time.

Nevermind, I just checked their site and they close at 9pm.

Edited by justgettingby

There's one on the corner of Mars Hill and 41 that I have used. I do not like urgent care places and this one was no exception. But I received the care I needed which was good enough for me at the time.

Nevermind, I just checked their site and they close at 9pm.

Thanks, I think they are all closed at this time. He is a teenager so he is taking some motrin and we are going to wait until the moring to take him anyway. Do you know the name of the place?

How badly is it broken?

Forget 'urgent care'... go to the E.R.

22 years ago I broke 8 fingers at one time (don't ask). I went to the ER and still ended up with surgery and pins in several fingers. A finger isn't like a toe, you should get it taken care of ASAP.

How badly is it broken?

Forget 'urgent care'... go to the E.R.

22 years ago I broke 8 fingers at one time (don't ask). I went to the ER and still ended up with surgery and pins in several fingers. A finger isn't like a toe, you should get it taken care of ASAP.

its swollen so not sure. trying to diagnose over the phone, he is on his college campus and driving home in the am. he thinks he can take motrin and come home in the morning. It is just one finger, his pinky.

Gotcha. With a break it swells almost immediately. I was trying to ascertain if it was just broken or twisted and broken. The finger next to my pinky on my right hand was the worst of my lot. Twisted and broken. They debated over amputation, but were able to save it.

Broken fingers can be really 'touchy' (excuse the pun). Please get him to the ER tomorrow as soon as you can, even though it is only his pinky I know from experience it isn't anything you want to play around with.

ER won't do anything unless the bone is broken in two or protruding through the skin. Best to just splint it and go to Ortho on Monday. Save the ER bill.

Been there done that--years ago. Between 3 kids, they had 6 broken arms between baseball, football, slipping on clogging shoes, skating, etc. I learned to just wrap them in ace bandages and put them in a make shift sling and wait for the ortho to open!!

I want to amend my post to say I am not dissing 'Urgent Care ' facilities, I've never been to one, and a million years ago when my fingers were broken they did not exist ;) . I just know that a broken finger can be a pretty serious thing as far as the use you get from your hands. I am at a technical 35% disability because of my breaks, and a permanent disfigurement... but it does not stop me from doing what I need to do.

• Like 1

That's one thing I miss about Kaiser Permanente. When I broke my little toe (and pushed the bone out of place in doing so - my foot looked like \|||| ), all I had to do was go to Kaiser, where it was x-rayed, moved back into place and taped up. I even got a walking boot. I think my co-pay at that time was ten bucks. Those were the days.

Skip any of those places and go to the ER. They are way too limited on what they can and will do at the Doc in a Box. Kennestone is a few mins longer drive but worth it.

ER won't do anything unless the bone is broken in two or protruding through the skin. Best to just splint it and go to Ortho on Monday. Save the ER bill.

Been there done that--years ago. Between 3 kids, they had 6 broken arms between baseball, football, slipping on clogging shoes, skating, etc. I learned to just wrap them in ace bandages and put them in a make shift sling and wait for the ortho to open!!

In the case of a broken toe, I do agree with you. The only thing they might do more so than urgent care, is give you a small amount of pain Rx to get you by til Monday. But, I'd wait and see an ortho then. My brother is with Pinnacle(has been for 20+ years) and they are the best!

If it is a fracture vibration will be extremely painful......tuning for or cell phone will do. Also urgent care can do xrays and diagnose fracture, but they will not set and cast it so go right ahead to the ER.

Dr. Nicole

The pinky is fractured. The urgent care x-rayed it and put it in a stint. Monday we have to call for an appointment with a orthopedic dr. Thanks for the Urgent care info.

Edited by whatzup?

Where is a good after hours care center? Son probably broke finger. Has anyone ever used the one in new hope? Is there another good one someone could recommend, we are in northern paulding, so Acworth area would also be good.

My son just broke hand friday night,they did not do anything at ER because of swallon, they do not cast anymore. except wrap up, just waste of money. Just need to go straight to orthopedic, just had cast put on yesterday.

Edited by MeMe Flossy

Physician's Immediate Med was the worst one I have ever used. I went to Acworth Immediate Care (on the corner of Cedarcrest Rd and 41, in the Governor's Medical Center behind Rite Aid and Bank of America) and they were AWESOME. Not to mention that I went in on a Sunday night, 10 minutes before they were closing, needing an x-ray and a cast. They were super nice, patient, and very kind. I would go there again in a heartbeat!!!

OMG.....broken finger? Emergency room? Go to rite aid and get a finger splint and some medical tape and save yourself alot of time and money. I speak from experience.

Edited to add: Those injuries hurt for sure but the ER won't do anything for you. The difference between a sprain and a fracture is an x-ray. The treatment is the same. A splint. Unless it is a compound fracture....but if it was you wouldnt spend time on Pcom telling us about it you probably would have called an ambulance.

Edited by CrabbyDaddy

Break one on the other hand, for balance. Also, where he goes to may have a clinic or student medical center that can take care of it there without him having to drive back home. The prices there can also be less, or even free. That's what the health fees are for.