Paulding.com

Agent Orange at the bakery!

Come check out our new cupcakes:

AGENT ORANGE-a chocolate cupcake infused with natural orange flavor, filled and topped with a light orange buttercream with a swirl of chocolate ganache on top! aaaannnnnd

PINK Is MY FAVORITE COLOR-a bright pink cupcake made with buttermilk, topped with pink icing and rolled in pink sugar. Topped with a pink fondant flower!

We sold out of French Onion soup yesterday, but will have homemade beef vegetable today! And our delicious sandwiches! Oh, and Scottish Pete made a big batch of his SAUSAGE ROLLS!

You have GOT to keep peanut butter cupcakes in stock. It's critical for me to become a "regular"

Also, the peanut butter cake you threw together for me the other week was a HUGE hit! In fact, quite a few people asked me today where I got it! I think they'll be hitting you up for upcoming birthdays!!

I just wanted to say thank you for the Thomas The Train cake it was such a good cake. It was one of the best cakes I have had in a while.

It is so nice of you to let us know! Hope the birthday boy was happy! lol

You have GOT to keep peanut butter cupcakes in stock. It's critical for me to become a "regular"

Also, the peanut butter cake you threw together for me the other week was a HUGE hit! In fact, quite a few people asked me today where I got it! I think they'll be hitting you up for upcoming birthdays!!

You know, I was thinking today that we needed to make some Peanut Butter cupcakes! So glad the cake was a hit!

I was wondering the same thing, but I didn't bring it up.

My cousin was contaminated with Agent Orange in VietNam.

The name has bothered me all day.

So sorry if it bothered you. We name all of our cupcakes after songs or bands. A group called Agent Orange has a version of the Get Smart theme

and Depeche Mode did a beautiful instrumental called Agent Orange http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHxiaxV8QOM&feature=related. I was thinking more "secret agent" since it is a rich chocolate cupcake infused with orange. We also entertained the names Clockwork Orange and Orange Blossom Special, but neither seemed to fit,

let me know when you get 'em ready! I like the coke cake too. :)

Will do!

Clockwork Orange (gah!) would be on about the same level as Agent Orange. I do like Orange Blossom Special, though. No negative connotations. Not dissin' you...if I lived anywhere near, I'd stop in and try your stuff. Just commenting because somebody else brought it up...

• Like 1

JJ Grey and Mofro do a great song called , "Orange Blossoms" as well.

I swear, I'm not trying to be dramatic at all. But I'm sorry, there's no way I would ever entertain the thought of eating something named that. I do find it inappropriate to name a cupcake after it considering the hundreds of thousands of veterans and others who were injured, maimed, or killed by Agent Orange. I doubt that most people think of Depeche Mode instead of the herbicide. How about Zyklon B cheesecake? Or DDT donuts? (There are songs and groups for both) Yummmm.

Edited by justgettingby
  • Like 2

Thanks for the explanation

Just goes to show we're from different generations.

I had no idea there was a group called Agent Orange. Don't know why they picked that name, but Agent Orange will always bring up images of the war I saw on TV night after night and waiting for my cousin and my friends to come home from the war.

• Like 1

JJ Grey and Mofro do a great song called , "Orange Blossoms" as well.

I swear, I'm not trying to be dramatic at all. But I'm sorry, there's no way I would ever entertain the thought of eating something named that. I do find it inappropriate to name a cupcake after it considering the hundreds of thousands of veterans and others who were injured, maimed, or killed by Agent Orange. I doubt that most people think of Depeche Mode instead of the herbicide. How about Zyklon B cheesecake? Or DDT donuts? (There are songs and groups for both) Yummmm.

Good grief!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't have anything nice to say why bother saying anything at all? You asked for an explanation and got one. :blink: :blink:

I think Agent Orange sounds delicious! Can't wait to try one!

Edited by hotwheels
  • Like 1

Oh suuuuure make new cupcakes when I'm trying to loose weight. LOL

BTW, do you have a website. I'm starting to do my research for my daughter's 18th birthday in August (yes, I'm a planner LOL)

We don't have a website yet, but do have a facebook page with lots of pictures on it. https://www.facebook.com/FlourChildCakery

Thanks for all the comments. And we really are not trying to offend anyone, Agent Orange cupcakes are selling like crazy, though. I guess good taste is winning out over a bad name. lol