Paulding.com

Bridal Shows The Next Couple of Weeks --

There's a show in Atlanta put on by the Perfect Wedding Guide this coming Sunday and then another one in Woodstock the following Saturday, 1-21-12. That one is put on by Cherokee Bridal Expo.

If you are going, here are a few tips:

Wear comfortable shoes.

Take a friend to help you organize.

Put your wedding information on stickers/labels so that you don't have to write the information down dozens of times.

Take notes of vendors that you like and where they are located in case you want to revisit them

Beware of discounters! A discounter will offer "Dollars Off" (i.e. $50 off each one), but won't tell you what the regular price or the final price will be. They'll say -- "It depends".

Watch out for vendors who lure you with games - It's like the carnival, It looks like fun, but just think -- if their product was that good, why would they try to trick you into a commitment?

After going to a couple of bridal shows last year, I know what you mean! Some have gimmicks to get your information, but don't give you any idea of what their prices are. And some of the cakes were beautiful, but when I tasted the samples I was appalled! I hate to see people taken advantage of, and some vendors know that people will spend more on their wedding and WILL mislead. Like you said, organize and watch out! And enjoy. I love going to the shows. lol. But then, I love anything to do with weddings.

After going to a couple of bridal shows last year, I know what you mean! Some have gimmicks to get your information, but don't give you any idea of what their prices are. And some of the cakes were beautiful, but when I tasted the samples I was appalled! I hate to see people taken advantage of, and some vendors know that people will spend more on their wedding and WILL mislead. Like you said, organize and watch out! And enjoy. I love going to the shows. lol. But then, I love anything to do with weddings.

The secret to planning a successful wedding is for the bride and groom to establish a good line of communication - a relationship with the vendors that will be assisting them on their important day.

Another important piece of advice to couples planning a wedding is that if they ever start to feel "processed", they should find a new vendor in that field. Some of the larger, nationwide vendors are really bad about taking a cookie-cutter approach with a narrow listing of choices and not listening to the customer. Brides and grooms need advice and guidance, but in a way that allows their personal signature to grace the special occasion. Small businesses typically do a much better job than the chains.

A chance for wedding professionals and brides to meet face to face! This is an opportunity for both sides to optimize their time. For the vendors, it allows direct access to a lot of customers, in a unique setting. For the couple, it's a chance to ask questions to do comparisons of goods and services in a short period of time. It's fun, you get to meet people and take care of business.

So for those who are going to either show -- Look for King Tux Rentals, come by our booth to say "Hello"!