Paulding.com

Fact or Rumor?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't say that I blame Jack for bailing out on this bunch of inbred backwoods hillbillies.

That's why I was looking for more of a blow by blow synopsis from someone who might have some idea of what is going on.   2 mayors resigning in 7 months ?   Just seems like there is more to this s

Wasn't this an episode of "Family Guy"?

HE (the husband, who replaced his wife) has resigned.

Interesting.

The Mayor is Jack Paris he replaced Carmen when she resigned.

Carmen Rollins husband Pep just won a city council seat, not the same 2 people.

Either Jack Paris resigned or Pep Rollins.

The city website has not been updated to reflect the 2 new council members yet.

Another local site has reported current Mayor Jack Paris resigned tonight.

Former Mayor Carmen Rollins resigned in the summer and was replaced by Councilman Jack Paris. I think he then ran for Mayor unopposed.

Carmen's husband ran for a Council seat and won. I'm not sure if he ran for Jack Paris' former council seat.

I am not very well versed on Hiram Government because I do not live in Hiram. I just happen to remember past Paulding.com topics.

• Like 1

The husband did not replace h[is wife. He ran for councel and won. Jack Paris is the mayor.

the teacher that was at allgood

he is a great guy... when did he become mayor

lawd, I guess you see I really keep up with this stuff

then again I am not in the hiram district

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting.

Wonder if current events in the area caught up to him.

:drinks: There was a "new" poster on here recently who was opening our eyes to some things going on in Hiram. I wonder where he/she is right now?

What exactly is going on in Hiram?

All I've read is the mayors husband had a pawn shop, some kind if deal was made a about guns, then the mayor resigns, her husband is on the city council and the new mayor just resigned?

I don't know it as a fact only what I've read on here.

And I thought Dallas was bad. LOL

All I've read is the mayors husband had a pawn shop, some kind if deal was made a about guns, then the mayor resigns, her husband is on the city council and the new mayor just resigned?

Carmen resigned over a year ago. I dont believe the most recent Mayor's resignation has anything to do with the Rollins but I could be wrong.

Maybe it has something to do with the change in council makeup.:ninja:

I videotaped the session tonight and couldn't believe it. Alot of changes happening at the meeting tonight.

I videotaped the session tonight and couldn't believe it. Alot of changes happening at the meeting tonight.

Could you post the video?

I started another thread on here and am curious to know what happened.

Thanks.

Thanks. What I am referring to is more of a personal/legal matter. Not city wide politics but i would still like to see it if you find the one you're referring to.

I can't find it.

Perhaps one of the mods or Pubby would be kind enough to find and post it for us.

Is was probably a month to month and a half ago.

Let's remember that when discussing a topic, let's refrain from making accusations. A post was made invisible because it accusations that cannot be substantiated as fact.

Discuss, but stay away from the line that we mustn't cross with accusations.

Sgt. Carter

The following post was set invisible by our moderation staff.

We certainly don't know whether it is true, partly true, false or blatantly false. We've deleted key points that would be libelous if untrue and presented with malice.

We do know that the poster is a relative of one of those who were let go. That tells us that 'smokey' may know or they have an axe to grind and are making this up. We don't know and can't determine that from what has been said.

What we do know is that something is going on in Hiram.

Don't take the following as truth; don't discount it as a lie. Rather it is fair to take it as indicative that not all is well in Hiram

pubby

Ok. Where to start???

Jack Paris resigned

Jill head city treasurer, Melinda McGuire hr person, and Terri graham were all let go. Interestingly the reason given was money. So funny they purchased a crap load of cars. (which the police department had to borrow money)

The chief of police yandura was fired from college park and of course Hiram likes to pick up others dead weight. Seems there has been some issues (removed)????? You can go to college parks city government site and see what the citizens thought about yandura. City council meetings are all documented.

The major, now that is a useless position, that could be eliminated. If you go to the Hiram police department and are friends with the major you can (removed) walks out.

The ex-mayor, miss holy roller, is the most cold hearted person I have ever met in my life. She used that position to (removed) fire and hire people as she pleased. Made rules by the day. She put several people in her sights and managed to get rid of them.

The city attorney is a joke. He is (removed).

That place is an absolute disgrace, the lives that have been ruined. They must forget that karma is real

I sought to leave opinion.

pubby

Dang girl, and I thought I started trouble around here....

:ninja: :rolleyes:

The following post was set invisible by our moderation staff.

We certainly don't know whether it is true, partly true, false or blatantly false. We've deleted key points that would be libelous if untrue and presented with malice.

We do know that the poster is a relative of one of those who were let go. That tells us that 'smokey' may know or they have an axe to grind and are making this up. We don't know and can't determine that from what has been said.

What we do know is that something is going on in Hiram.

Don't take the following as truth; don't discount it as a lie. Rather it is fair to take it as indicative that not all is well in Hiram

pubby

I sought to leave opinion.

pubby

Pubby,

Can a link to the OLD post that Smokey had be placed on here?

The patch has a good recap and a couple of videos of the meeting.

"Things were not business as usual when the Hiram City Council met for the first time in 2012 on Tuesday. By the end of the night, the mayor had resigned, the city clerk was replaced, and most in attendance—including other council members—were struggling to catch up with what had happened."

dallas-hiram.patch.com/articles/hiram-mayor-jack-paris-resigns#video-8829044